Good for defense?

Was wondering if this would be a decent setup for the wife or similar recoil sensitive person to use for home defense

Attached: 213897D3-7FCF-4F9F-949A-09064405B8B2.jpg (529x310, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/810432280
gunbroker.com/item/810329628
gunbroker.com/item/810161294
midwayusa.com/product/100336711/kel-tec-pistol-grip-and-ar-15-stock-adapter-with-collapsible-stock-kel-tec-su-16-su-22-polymer-black
sigsauer.com/store/sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-kit.html
gunbroker.com/item/811266488
gunbroker.com/item/800780475
youtu.be/PrLcxqWsM94
youtube.com/watch?v=5pqPBnSYTIc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anything is better than nothing.
The red dot with no brace or stock on a gun that heavy seems dumb though. Maybe a laser or something and teach her to hip shoot it? If it's for home defense you should be able to see what the max range of a shot would be, plus if someone was actually in your home and she was shooting at them more than likely they're going to run.

brace it, get retard good at putting rounds on target quickly and accurately. you could do much much worse.

Attached: 1556312347257.png (550x428, 280K)

You really need a stock or pistol brace of some sort. You're going to be more accurate and able to get on target much quicker. Also, while. 22 LR isn't as terrible as many say for self defense, it's not the best option. 5.56 is actually good at not overpenetrating when it comes to home defense and recoil is generally very light. If recoil is a big problem you could toy around with an AR with lightweight carriers and adjustable gas blocks. Even a standard .380 or 9mm pistol, or hell even a .22 pistol, will be a better option than a 10/22 Charger.

I don’t think a pistol would be better at all, 25 rounds is a advantage also it isn’t that hard to manipulate with two hands and use the red dot without a stock, however I agree a stock would probably be the next best thing to add

Yeah actually it could be decent.

>a standard .380 or 9mm pistol, or hell even a .22 pistol
Ehhh Idk user. The Walther P22, Sig mosquito, and most .22 pistols a shit. The charger with high quality CCI's for a poor man's SBR will be reliable and lighter than most 5.56 "handguns". I've shot a couple "ultralightweight" homebuilt AR pistols and they were kinda shitty. As I see it, a comparative list of NOTSBRs

Ruger Charger NOTSBR
$259 gunbroker.com/item/810432280
$25 S&H
$20 FFL Fee
$159 gunbroker.com/item/810329628
$15 S&H
Total Cost: $478

Keltec PLR16 NOTSBR
$500 gunbroker.com/item/810161294
$131 midwayusa.com/product/100336711/kel-tec-pistol-grip-and-ar-15-stock-adapter-with-collapsible-stock-kel-tec-su-16-su-22-polymer-black
$75 sigsauer.com/store/sb15-pistol-stabilizing-brace-kit.html
Total Cost: $706

CZ Evo
$880 gunbroker.com/item/811266488
$30 S&H
$20 FFL Fee
$195 gunbroker.com/item/800780475
$14 S&H
Total Cost: $1139

SIG MPX/Rattler;
Depending on if used, 9mm or 5.56, NIB, etc. Comes ready to go out of the box.
$1400-1700

Really up to you fren.
The Charger NOTSBR will be the cheapest option, cheapest to feed, and probably the lightest weight and lightest recoiling. Reliability will be less than the others because lolrimfirereliability. Will kill someone dead though. Just keep pulling the trigger.
The PLR16 NOTSBR is a little more expensive, but it's a generally well regarded Keltec product that works and is reliable. It's loud though, a lot of women HATE SBR 5.56's for that reason.
CZ EVO NOTSBR is expensiveish, easy to shoot.
SIG MPX in 9mm is expensive, but low noise and cheap to shoot.
SIG MCX in 5.56 is going to be loud, expensive, but it'll work.

A Ruger Charger NOTSBR seems like the best option to me. Any AR pistol build will be in the $600+ range and on par with the PLR16.

Attached: pix491961601.jpg (640x480, 68K)

How about a hipoint carbine? Around $300, 9mm/40/45, very manageable recoil and easy to use. Plus easy to mount a flashlight and whatever else youd like

ayyyy i was actually sourcing parts to build my own charger with a brace, idk if id use 22lr as a deffensive round, id get one of these 9mm pcc to brace instead. my charger build is legit just a toy.

desu though 25-30 rounds of angry cci minimag target rounds fired in rapid secession would be pretty formidable to 99% of what would try to break into your home.

am i for it? eh, but if thats the better option you have, yea it should be fine.

Thank you very much!!!!

22lr power wise is fine and its easy and quiet especially if you suppress.

My only concern would be reliability of 22 autoloaders.

I was thinking 30 rounds of stingers!!

Anyone have the 10/22 book by paladin press?

I think it’s a poor choice
No shoulder stock
How will she aim?

I like the ruler charger for a target gun, but not for home defense
But it’s better than a pointy stick

Attached: 31FDD924-31BE-490C-8D66-2E55A84F0ECF.gif (260x196, 989K)

How will she aim? You can still point the gun with 2 hands and use the red dot effectively...lol are you unable to manipulate your firearms without a stock? Yes it would help accuracy but the gun is light and easy to point with two hands.

Those things look sweet but who the fuck is the target audience for a "PLR"? Or am I answering my own question here?

>dont know if tranny or skinhead
We've reached the end of the horseshoe, boys.

Yeah sure but It's not reliable no matter how you spin it. I wouldn't want hang ups and jams when my life depends on it.

PLR 16 is for people who want a SBR but don't want an AR pistol. It's lighter than an AR pistol, and it's piston driven so it's a bit more reliable than a homebuilt AR pistol usually is.
Fun range toy. Maybe useful as your backupweapon if you're carrying a bolt action in SHTF?

Attached: mAqNQep.jpg (567x451, 28K)

"YEP"
MY first Buy was a PLR-22 boy
That was the day my Father turned me into a Man
Now I'ma take a sip of this milk here and let you reminisce on that
Just let it marinate
Sizzle sazzle
Boomer dazzle

No, get a 16" rifle with one of those m4 stocks and it should be short enough and still controllable. But make sure she is comfortable with the rifle first.

Eh, you could do a lot worse. That being said i wouldn't really trust .22lr too much. It does OK in jello, but that's a medium validated by a single small study on 9mm JHPs that never encountered bone. Just about anybody out there who has seen a lot of autopsies or done a lot of hunting will tell you that lower mass projectiles like .22 tend to have much more erratic performance than projectiles with greater momentum when encountering bone or even just real world soft tissue that can vary widely in terms of strength, density, and structure. Id give a 9mm PCC some serious thought, they're rather low recoil(certainly not as much as .22), very newbie friendly in terms of muzzle blast/report, and use a round that has a MUCH better real world reputation when loaded properly. Lots of serious users have fielded heavy for caliber or medium weight for caliber 9mm loadings with great real world results.

That being said i'd probably take a good semi auto .22lr rifle over anything .380 ACP(handgun) or below in an HD type situation.

Oh, and inb4 that time an inuit chick shot a record bear 24 times in the temple with a .22 or whatever. Might as well claim a .32 ACP walther is the best HD gun in the world because nazi executioners liked it so much.

32 acp is fine. Fmj 32 is similar to 380 and 380 is absolutely fine.

if someone breaks into your house and you shoot at them, there is a very solid chance they are going to exit the building.

inb4 muh bath salts gang initiation no knock raid

According to whom? fackler, roberts, di maio, ellifritz, and just about anybody else who has actually seen a lot of GSWs or studied terminal ballistics doesn't share that sentiment AFAIK. You getting that from some youtube clear gel test or something?

youtu.be/PrLcxqWsM94

Its literally fine. Caliber queens are a joke.

issue is that .32 acp is more expensive than 9x19 so why even use it unless you're carrying a seecamp or some other itty-bitty gun

Maybe it is a pocket gun, maybe you shoot 32 better, maybe a gun you like is 32. I dont know. All I know is I'd have no qualms using a 32 pistol at all.

ok paul harrell

Youre the one shitting on gel and you call me Harrell. Kek

Hilti master race
We out here

>cucky gunner
>muh clear gel
So you literally are getting it from some captain dunning kruger motherfucker on youtube, then? I think ill go ahead and pass on making assumptions based on a completely BS medium and the opinions of some ammo merchant e-celeb on youtube over those of actual experts with real world experience or even just experience working with somewhat validated mediums. You and your source are a joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=5pqPBnSYTIc

You know that lucky gunner acknowledges clear gels differences right?

A 32 fmj has fine penetration there is no reason it is not acceptable for self defense. It has been for years and its a light and easy to shoot round. Thats far more important than muh stopping power fucking fudd.

>32 fmj has fine penetration according to a medium with zero real world relevance that has been shown to misrepresent penetration values by over 35% for similar round relative to a medium thats only been shown to be an indicator of the performance of rounds with multiple times the momentum that never encounter bone
>which only covers around 70% of the human thoracic regions frontal area
>who cares what literally everybody else with actual real world experience or expertise thinks
>inb4 lemme just convert those clear gel results to real gel, like the difference is linear or calculable between the two
This is for (you)

Attached: Bottomless brain case.jpg (645x729, 81K)

oh yea and forgot to mention, even real gel shows averages, while the real world results ""validating"" it showed a variation of +/- 4" for those carefully selected soft tissue only shots.
>penetrates 17" in clear gel
>penetrates less than 11" in real gel
>penetrates 7" in real flesh IF you hit no bones of any kind(30% odds with an upper chest shot)
Mouse gun apologism is laughable.

Literally take how much clear gel over penetrates by and subtract it from the results 32 gets in the medium you dumb nigger

Something with an actual shoulder stock would be even better.

Hes saying the literal opposite of what harrell says about 32