Could I serialize and Form 1 one of these then just buy the WIX 24003 fuel filter as its internals wear our...

Could I serialize and Form 1 one of these then just buy the WIX 24003 fuel filter as its internals wear our? Seems like the cheaper legal way than spending $1k

Attached: derp.png (509x511, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NAPA-4003-WIX-24003-1X6-Fuel-Filter-1-2-28-Threads-/273803308694
solventtrapsdirect.com/d-cell-carbon-steel-solvent-trap-kit-6-in-1-2x28-thread-protector/
totalityindustries.com/shop?olsPage=products/1355-60-degree-cone-grade-5-titanium-skirtless
caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1527670.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

drill solvent trap

IIRC the silencer industry begged the ATF to make a ruling so the "serial number" had to be on the side of the suppressor tube. (That wasn't aimed at people like you at allll) Similarly the ATF ruling that you can't repair or replace your own silencer baffles and wipes without paying a $200 tax was also aimed at keeping hobbyist/DIY'rs from paying the $200 tax and making their own silencers. It's almost like the intention is to regulate them out of existence, instead of regulate them for the safe and lawful use of citizens.

ofc the entire thing is unconstitutional to begin with and I consider them to be illegitimate laws. It's also what the grabbers want to do with all firearms.

Attached: 1544334205098.jpg (750x738, 55K)

steel tube and baffles will last thousands of rounds

ok libtard

>Could I serialize and Form 1 one of these
That's literally what you're supposed to do idiot, it's an illegal silencer if you do anything but that.
>then just buy the WIX 24003 fuel filter as its internals wear [out]?
No you cannot, ATF demands that you not own silencer components, even replacement ones for silencers you already own, as that makes you an unlicensed manufacturer. People have been arrested for this, and it's the reason you can no longer manufacture your own spare wipes. It's not just an oil filter you have sitting around if the only thing it fits is a serialized silencer.

Thanks. My other thoughts were pic related. Can get them for under a hundred bucks and they technically aren't suppressors until you drill out the baffles and the ends.
ebay.com/itm/NAPA-4003-WIX-24003-1X6-Fuel-Filter-1-2-28-Threads-/273803308694

I guess I could have to purchase this, use a punch and serialize the tube, send in my Form 1 with $200 check, wait 4-6 months, then drill everything out once I get the OK from the BATFE.
The part that worries me is ordering this and being raided while I have my Form 1 pending. Any thoughts?

Attached: atfplsgo.png (913x905, 331K)

Only one
>complying

what?

unless this happened yesterday, that's incorrect as there are legal, serialized oil filter adapters out there.

that wont handle sustained 5.56 fire you need titanium or steel. that might work on a hunting rifle but it will heat up quick.

solventtrapsdirect.com/d-cell-carbon-steel-solvent-trap-kit-6-in-1-2x28-thread-protector/
totalityindustries.com/shop?olsPage=products/1355-60-degree-cone-grade-5-titanium-skirtless

Just planned on using it with my 10/22 to get rid of some squirrels without the neighbors getting pissy. I'll probably get a Hybrid 46 for everything else.

The osprey has it serialized on the back part of the can (the darker black part) so if you do ever get a baffle strike in front of that it can be replaced and repaired. Plus when I sent my outback 2d in for a monocore I swear they sent a whole different tube back. Not sure if they really did, if that was legal or what it has to do with making your own but I thought it was interesting.

>get rid of some squirrels
My buddy bought a lever 22 and shoots those primer only 22 things off his porch. Thing is pretty damn quite and would prolly take care of a squirrel.

With a tube of 5.6 inches, and each baffle skirt being .1076, how many baffles and how many spacers (and sizes) equate the internal 5.6"?

Do not use titanium baffles for a 5.56 can. At least not the blast baffle. On my form one that I used to test component ideas the Ti blast baffle eroded very quickly.

not really. You can't replace the fuel filter if it wears out, well I guess you can but don't get caught. Also it will sound like ass. Get a solvent trap kit or piece one together with legit parts and drill the holes.

If you’re going to go legal might as well get a can manufactured by someone.
I’m sure that you’ll be able to find some used 22 cans for sale in your state.
There’s also a great 22 suppressor from tactical machining for 125.
7075 tube and 17-4 ss baffles and mount. They also make 80 lowers.

>ATF demands that you not own silencer components
A Federal judge threw out the ATF's component argument, saying it was so far reaching and vague that it would outlaw potatoes. That was a few years ago, though. ATF probably has some new variation they're eager to try out.

Allen Engineering, Tactical Solutions, KAC, SilencerCo, Dead Air, CGS, Energetic, Gemtech, Thunderbeast, Rugged, AAC and fifty other NFA manufacturers disagree with you, as they all require in-house baffle AND wipe replacement and WILL NOT sell replacement wipes or baffles to non-licensees under any circumstance. Wipes, baffles and tubes absolutely are controlled silencer components when they belong to an already-serialized silencer. Flat end caps for whatever reason don't count.

Don't be spreading stupid ass internet lore or you're going to get gullible people into hot water.

dont cheap out on the tube kit. if youre going to do a form one can, research and try to go with something quality. diversified machine is a well respected company, although ve heard hes currently taking some time off to fullfill back logs.
also, efiles are worth looking into, the wait time currently is in weeks.

Silencer parts are not silencer parts unless the government can prove intent to use them for that purpose. Buying something marketed as a firearm silencer is probably a bad idea. Having a plausible alternative use for some parts would make it hard to prosecute. Here's the actual ruling:

caselaw.findlaw.com/us-1st-circuit/1527670.html

>Worse still for the government, the use of a “capability” and “knowledge” definition-as applied to a home-made silencer-could also extend to a soda bottle or even a potato. The peculiar problem of silencers is that many objects, including relatively innocent ones, have some capacity to muffle the sound of a shot.

Yes, these are still sold. The manufacturer says you have to send them in to get the oil filter changed. A new filter costs $25 and does not require a Form 4.

There are also commercially available silencers that are tubeless and modular. Only the back cap is serialized. The baffles are all threaded and you can stack more or fewer as needed. But they don't sell spare baffles for these, and some articles say if they did it would require a Form 4.

The takeaway is that if you make your own silencer on a Form 1, don't buy 80% baffles from Wish or any stupid shit like that. Either copy Cadiz and use parts like oil filters that have some actual non-silencer purpose, or make all the parts from scratch yourself.