Levergat General -- Henry is GOAT edition

lmao Winchester and Marlin fags on life support. Henry will now be selling their already superior rifles with side loading gates, taking away your one talking point.

Henry is GOAT

Attached: henryisgodsuckmefaggot.jpg (2240x464, 142K)

>no all weather loading gate 16 inch 357 carbine

Attached: 824B2395-7749-4952-9028-F18690FF87B1.jpg (601x399, 39K)

I feel like you dont even own a lever action, you're just making this thread cause you're retarded. Even if that's not the case, this gun is already being talked about in other threads, Henry is pretty fucking late to the game. either way you're retarded.

Finally.
Need me a nice .357

It sadly is a step back in tech from tube loading but it at least puts all of the win and marlin fags on blast.

Are they going to put loading gates on all their rifles now? I really want an all weather 45-70 with one.

Attached: 31996-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x650, 50K)

>no blued wood loading gate 20 inch 44 Magnum with threaded barrel

>20 inch .44 mag

lol no. I love my 16" .44. So much firepower in such a small form factor.

Attached: IMG_0500.jpg (4032x3024, 2.47M)

YES YES YES FUCKING FINALLY YES YES YEEEEES I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO FUCKING LONG YESSSSSSSSSSSS FUCKING FINALLY, FUCK YOU MARLIN FUCK YOU WINCHESTER BASED HENRY HAS DESTROYED YOU FUCKERS ETERNALLY.

why though? Tube feed is superior in all ways.

Look man, you either go with a legit 12"-14" trapper or you skip to 20"

>superior in all ways
have you ever shot a levergun?

Here is my proof.

The only type of levergat that can be safely unloaded is one with a tube feed. Safety is the single most important aspect of a firearm, ergo tube fed lever actions are the best lever actions.

Facts dont care about your feelings bub.

>FUCK YOU WINCHESTER
What's wrong with Winchester?

okay.. but it has tube and loading gate.. so win win

He couldn't afford one

Because nothing makes a firearm more reliable than higher part counts

Safety is in the hands of the shooter, nothing would need a safety if you'd keep your gold miner off the trigger elmer

If you don't care about safety why even have a sear at all? Just let your rifle slam fire on the lever close.

>unloading a lever gun
What is this meme I keep seeing about unloading your guns? Why would you unload your gun?
You either keep your gun loaded, or you keep your gun unloaded. If the latter, then you load it to shoot and unload it by shooting.
I don't get why this is such a big deal

Safety is gay, why do you think I have like 4 loaded guns within arms reach right now

Why dont you own guns without firing pin blocks if safeties are gay?

I've got a Marlin 1895 in .45-70 and my dad has a Marlin 1894 in .357/38 special. Both guns were made in the 80's and have the micro groove rifling, both guns perform flawlessly and have killed deer, hogs, and other wild animals, both guns have been fitted with rear peep sights. I've got no reason to buy a new Henry lever gun.

>he only owns guns that serve a purpose

You're right, I've never bought a gun that I wasn't planning on using in some specific way: hunting, target / skeet shooting, self defense, etc. I generally only buy 1-3 guns for each specific niche that I want covered.

A lot of people buy guns they will never shoot just because they like some aspect of it. Maybe the history, the method of operation, the aesthetics, etc.

Attached: Thompson_1921_and_Semi-Auto_Rifle_Red.jpg (788x316, 220K)

True, but at this point I don't shoot my current lever gun enough to justify the purchase of another visually and functionally similar lever gun, and I already have all the reloading equipment and supplies for reloading 357/38 and 45-70. If I got another lever gun I'd get it in a different cartridge but those two have all the bases covered for what I'd use a lever gun for. I have a sks and semi auto 308 already so don't really see the point in getting a 30-30.

That implies I don't.

Attached: IMG_20190227_222434605.jpg (4032x2268, 883K)

Also, it'd be one thing to buy an antique / collector gun and never shoot it but why would you want to make a safe-queen out of a 2019 mass-produced lever action rifle? Maybe a 100 year old Henry rifle but a brand new model? Nah.

Hell yeah! We Rifleman now.

Attached: serveimage.gif (320x240, 1.67M)

Attached: Browning Automatic Magazine Gun.png (2320x3408, 85K)

For you guys who know lever guns, is there a potential problem with receiver strength when you have the loading gate and a large ejection port like that in close proximity? It looks like the kind of thing that would break if you ever dropped your gun on its right side, which isn't an impossible occurrence if you're actually using it on hunts or while backpacking.

Henry finally making what we've been asking for doesn't make them GOAT. If they make it in a variety and continue to produce them going forward I will give them that title.

That said I'm buying their .357 version as soon as they make it.

When I saw they're offering it in .35 Remington I became instantly erect.

These things actually have both loading systems. Top off using the loading gate or use the rod load for quickly emptying the rifle or whatever.

Speaking of Henrys, can someone explain to a fucking idiot how to use their sights and zero them properly? For some reason I just can't seem to figure it out.

>I’m scared of modern technology

Because most of the time when people go deer hunting they don't get one. That means most of the time when you walk back to your truck you have to unload your rifle before putting it back. Pennsylvania for instance won't allow you to keep a loaded long gun in a vehicle even if you have a license to carry firearms.

The process of racking a lever to eject each round is tedious and kind of dangerous.

Mag fed and tube fed tend to be more convenient for this reason if you're a hunter.

I like that Henry is doing this hybrid tube/loading gate rifle. Amazing.

Already own a marlin 1894c in tree fiddy seben, but I'd be all for getting another levergat from henry. Any word on msrp?

10mm please. I will buy one. I just can't get into a high point carbine.....just can't do it.

>license to carry

Attached: 1556313736655.jpg (956x856, 155K)

HiPoint is actually working on products specifically for the Canadian market (Source: Interview with TFB during SHOT). I'm keeping my ear to the ground for that one.

Around $900 is what I've heard

Maybe if the new Henry's stop weighing a million fucking pounds, yeah
>lmao basedboy who cares if it's heavy
hunters senpai, people who actually field use these rifles

Attached: cowpokes.jpg (4031x2017, 1.03M)

>using a shiny-ass Henry in the field
Do you want the Jow Forumsube to smite your ass for daring to damage a Henry?

Real, honest wear looks great on every gun user

I really want an all weather 357 with threaded barrel so I can put my can on it. Maybe throw a midwest handguard on it.

That's what PA calls it's conceal carry permit ya dip

My lgs has a 1969 model 88 in 308 with a Simmons 8 power scope on it and backup irons for $700. I offered to trade a Smith 10-7 with a factory nickel plate and they told me they could do about $500 out the door. What do you think guys?

Attached: win88.jpg (848x477, 19K)

>laughs in arizonan

Attached: 1556329295185.jpg (760x380, 31K)

Same thing as a CCW. We just call it a LTCF. Don't ask me why.

I think the coolest thing about this is that it's a hybrid rather than a classic loading gate. You get to enjoy the advantages of both designs.

Love it. Will absolutely positively get one.

I'm confused Jow Forums, why would you want one of those zoomer/incel tier loading gate henry's when the Chad WINNING 94 exists?

Yer not faggy soiboi afraid of hot brass hitting you in the face whilst looking like an Arthur Morgon tier badass are you user? This is the gun that won the west. What has yours done again?

Attached: cq5dam.web.835.835.jpg (835x217, 18K)

Even if you prefer the Winchester, having more competition in tube-guns with loading gates means better pricing for all of them.

I have no animosity against HiPoint. I just don't want one.

Yeeeeuuup

Attached: 1873shortrifle.jpg (2168x2390, 3.57M)

And that's okay.
Though these things are pretty fucking hilarious. Worth it for the looks you'd get at the range, IMO.

Attached: HiPoint C9 Benjamins.jpg (1000x666, 61K)

Over 7 million 1894's made and never once have I heard of this being an issue

My guy, my job literally revolves around simplifying designs and reducing part counts.

If you don't think mechanically simpler designs are 'modern' you really don't know much.

>"No, we're not making a custom screw when the next standard size up works just fine and costs 100 times less"

Brehs, I’m just bought a Henry .45-70 rifle, what is the minimum amount of ammo one should have for their levergat? I already have 200 9mm for muh Glock, 150 shells for my shotgun, about 900 rds of 5.56 for my AR, a bucket full of 7.62x54r for the old garbage rod and WD-40 for this big ass crescent wrench I use for practical purposes

Anyone? I really want this or a Savage 99 but I haven't found a decent 99 in the last few months

>arizona
>flooding beaners
>fleeing califags
Won’t be long

Don't really know the pricing on those, sorry.

.45-70 brass can get a lot of use and components are cheap. Get a reloading setup if you don't already have one. A single stage press works fine for small production.

I am very excited to pick up a 16" 464 soon. I really needed a new .30-30

Attached: mossberg464marinecote.jpg (5287x2177, 2.18M)

I would’ve done that ages ago if I had enough space, unfortunately I’m innaapartment with roommates for at least another couple months. How much does the initial investment cost?

Actually my most recent cost saving project reduced a bom by over 15 parts. I was able to eliminate a hydraulic cylinder by designing a simple linkage to control to wheel spreaders off of one cylinder instead of having one per wheel.

Nice.
I honestly hate having to fix someone else's models because by the time they get to my desk they usually have multiple dead references to parts/assemblies, build errors, unconstrained parts, etc.
Or simple shit like setting up the first part of an assembly according to the actual origin. They just slap it anywhere in the assembly fire and then just "fix" it to whatever position it came in. Then you try and do a mirror or something and you find out that it sent the mirrored parts ten inches off to the side and have to fix the whole thing or create more and more planes in order to just do the fucking mirror commands.

>Tfw based Florida ain't anymore for the exact same reasons
Just fucking end it already

>blocks your path

Attached: 31p9-FT+PZL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 13K)

I can't believe you get files with unrestrained parts, that blows my mind. We have very strict rules set up in our windchill that prevent you from turning in a part if it isn't fully defined and and all the layers completed properly.

I feel your pain on the planes though ;p

W-What’s that user?

Lee loader. You can reload some big fat 45-70 slugs with a little kit no bigger than your fleshlight.

I made enough of a stink about it that it was later included in the QA/QC form.
It was funny how suddenly the department that had to maintain stock of the common fasteners and whatnot had a much easier time.
I remember one case where the drawing had one screw spec, the BOM said another screw spec, the ERP system had another other screw spec and then the guys in the shop were just substituting the screw spec for one that actually fit properly.
Took one hell of a time to sort that shit out and half the company didn't seem to think this was important, yet they had BOXES AND BOXES of fasteners that were automatically ordered because the ERP system thought that they were being used for something that they weren't, so we had to make sure to use that huge pile of screws preferentially over others to recoup costs.
Fucking exhausting.

Yeah I can say we have issues on a fairly regular basis between design and manufacturing, one of my buddies recently spent a few weeks at one of our factories to oversee start of production on a new machine. While there he watched someone just tack weld a joint that had a spec weld length of 2".

I swear sometimes manufacturing engineers don't even bother reading callouts.

I’m gonna have to throw my flashlight away to make space then, where’s a good site to buy the material to make my own rounds and to get info on how to actually reload? Pls spoon feed me

>Receive shipment from Chinese subcontractor
>We gave them several extra months to source imperial sized rods, extra funds to acquire said rods, etc
>They used the next metric size up and lied about it
>Impossible to assemble because of it
>Guy goes to their factory and sees shit like guys removing all safeties from their machines and stepping inside the fucking machines while they're running
>[SCREAMING INTERNALLY]
We need to bring manufacturing back to our countries because outsourcing shit to China is only going to end up costing everyone more in the long run, be it in money or in blood.

Buy a couple reloading books and read.

>three based manufacturers now making quality leverguns
Which do I get, a Winchester, Henry or Mossberg? The 464s price is very appealing, but are the others worth it?

Soon, fren.

This is the part where we all laugh at you.

This isn't an issue. Engineers probably have already accounted for this back when Nelson King invented the loading gate.

.45-70 Government or .405 Winchester for a thumper round?

.45-70 is a lot more common, cheaper, and versatile. You also can get a matched Big Iron/Ranger Sequoia revolver for it.

.405 is Teddy approved though and I've always been fond of obscure/niche cartridges.

Which one do I get?

Attached: Teddy-Roosevelt-Was-the-Toughest-Person-Ever.jpg (550x368, 175K)

If you're hardcore enough to get a .405, you're probably hardcore enough to get a .405 cylinder made for your BFR too. And at that point you're probably so fucking based you'd slightly modify case dimensions and caliber to be fully compatible with .41 magnum, causing a resurgence in the popularity of both cartridges.

Its doable! I know a guy that fireforms .405 brass for .41 magnum.

458 win mag.

About model 88, overall a fine gun. Some people hate the triggers on these, I never had an issue with mine, also in .308. That 8X scope seems out of place on there, maybe a 4X?

Damn Son, hellava fine gun!

Look at all the material between the loading gate and bolt on the M94, now look at the very minimal material on the Henry. Looks like any little bump would break that

Great. When the 2nd civil war kicks off, you'll have the premier first civil war technology ready to go. Great work genius!

Ar fags git and stay git.

Anyone have word on the new Rossi's?
Word on the street is they started making the .357 version again, it's in their pdf file catalogue page.
Congrats man, i'm debating if i should pick one up as my first gun, i think they've ironed out most of the feeding problems they had on earlier versions.

>he only owns one gun
lmao why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Attached: IMG_4181.jpg (2448x3264, 1.92M)

>le only own one gun absolutism meme
epic, simply epic

FUCKING FINALLY

>late to the game
>by 130 years

I already own a .41 magnum and was considering getting into reloading, so .405 it is then.

>every gun has to be the absolute most high-tech thing available, no fun allowed
What a joyless cunt you are, I feel bad for you.

Guns are Guns.