Handgun General - /hg/ - #288

Luger edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: Luger.jpg (2808x1872, 579K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/s-w-revolver-exotic-wood-grips-prod22451.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>kicks your FPBP option out

1911 > Luger prove me wrong. PROTIP: you can't.

Not Luger related. What is Jow Forums's opinion on XD handguns? I have an XDS-45 3.3" and after about 600 rounds I am yet to have a malfunction. I'm also thinking about buying the XDM-45 4.5" for a full size experience.
What are your experiences with these guns?

I have no experience with the newer ones but I've had an XD9 since shortly after 9/11 and it hasnt failed mechanically in any way after tens of thousands of rounds, but theres a million things more comfortable and controllable on the market.

They're good, but ugly. I'd take a Glock over an XD, or even better, an M&P 2.0. Basically any modern pistol is going to be able to chug through thousands of rounds without issue. Do yourself a favor and try an M&P before you get the XD full size.

I've always wanted to make one into an integrally suppressed 9mm, but the damn things are so finicky.

Please kill me it hurts to live.

Attached: Super GP100.jpg (1500x889, 180K)

Thanks, I'll check out the M&P 2.0.
As for Glocks, the only Glock I have ever fired was a Glock 22 and it was pretty good. I think I should also try the 19.

what sort of $ USD retail price would I be looking at for a new manufacture 4.x" MR73?

Attached: 14687_a__1[1].jpg (1799x1200, 141K)

$3500

Luger=German. German=Better. Therefore, Luger>1911.
Get rekt facts and logic.

What is Jow Forums's opinion on the zastava M70 in .32 acp? I am thinking about buying one

Attached: 854x480_377949.jpg (854x480, 90K)

Y tho

Who won the last major war Germany fought? I'll give you a hint: USA! USA! USA!

Attached: AZkaCdRu.jpg (1252x1252, 185K)

The ZOG

seriously? I'm wondering because it's $3600 CAD in leaf land which is ~ $ 2675 USD

Older ones lack the warnings, though I don't know when Beretta started putting the huge banners on. I don't think Beretta makes a commercially available 92 variant that lacks a safety warning of some sort. If they don't have the 2-line banner they at least say "FIRES WITHOUT MAGAZINE" or something on the right of the frame. I could be wrong, but even the special contract guns they sent to LTT and Wilson for custom builds are marked with safety shit and you KNOW those dudes were like "come the fuck on we're trying to make clean guns here, leave it off!"

I thought I had found one without safety mark, the Brigadier Volunteer, but I think only the promo photos lack the warning because I found at least 10 in the wild which have the full two-line warning on the right of the frame.

rip dude

First 5 seconds: Oh what the FUCK EWW why
Next 20 seconds: Actually... it's kind of...

Low $3,000s possibly high $2,000s from what I've seen. You can find pristine used ones in the high $1,000s, which is a steal imo. In the US anyway.

Attached: pix536547431.jpg (640x479, 84K)

Attached: ZOG.jpg (2400x1385, 998K)

What pistol should I carry in the woods in case Yogi decides to try me? Has to be concealable because of state law. Local predators are black bear and cougar.

Glock 20

The M9 Commercial models do not have the warning rollmarks.

ZOO?

I could have sworn I saw a bunch with warnings but I think you're right, I can't find a single one now, being critical of what is or isn't an M9 (as opposed to a straight dust cover 92).

They do have text down there but it's a cage code with a secondary maker's mark or something, no warning.

Neat!

It was for the 200th /hg/ but user thought it looked like ZOG

Attached: wm_13526265.jpg (2592x1944, 262K)

Have had an XD 9 sub compact since 2009 and the thing is an excellent shooter. At the time it was probably the best value on the market for a polymer pistol, but I don't think that's the case anymore.

Honestly it all depends on what feels right in your hands and how you shoot it. You should try a variety of polymer pistols (if you have a range that rents) before buying.

>glock
Ew.

I just bought an M9 Commercial. Can confirm it has no warning mark.

Do you have dyslexia or know how to write a “G”

anyone got a flip 1911?
for some reason i really want one.

Be nice to Burt

It wasn't obvious from me saying "it was from the 200th /hg/" that it says "200?" I think that's on you brother.

Attached: this is a reaction image.jpg (226x223, 6K)

Because I collect Yugo surplus and need a affordable side arm for my kit

Then do it

Bought a Desert Eagle.

Can anyone help me date it or get any other good information off of it?

Also are there any good "travel" holsters for a gun like this?
Something like a shoulder holster to go under a jacket, or something to keep it in if it is in a bag?

Attached: 20190427_130934.jpg (3588x2050, 3.84M)

BE NICE TO BURT

Sorry.

Sorry Burt.

There is. I wish I could find a non-railed .35.

Shit camera, not shit gun. Priorities

Attached: 20190423_175028.jpg (1024x768, 464K)

Remington said they can't fix my R51. lol

So they're sending a new one as a replacement. Picture no longer related.

Attached: another one.jpg (1800x1233, 491K)

>yeah we fucked up making this so bad we can't even fix it
Topkek m8

>Remington said they can't fix my R51
Can't get the smell of anus off it? What did you do

i don't get why you spend money on these things but still dont have a p365 yet you shill it to people lol

He can't buy guns new in his state he's a felon

Wait what? Lmfao

He did something recognized by the state of CA to be a felony (pederasty?) and now he has to do private sales only

Burt is a felon

It was """just""" tolerance stacking really, a perfect storm of slop that prevented the trigger from being able to drop the hammer most of the time. All the little internal parts are MIM and stamped, bent steel so there's plenty to go wrong.

I could get the gray one to fire if I yanked the trigger like 10 times, but whatever it was clearly wasn't in full contact. This was when new out of the box. I took it apart trying to diagnose the problem and it's fucking clockwork in there, I'm not surprised Remington couldn't fix it, they'd have to replace dozens of parts that are a nightmare to get in place.

Pic related is my old black R51 I took partially apart for kicks, and this isn't 1/5 of the parts because in pic related I didn't even take out the frame pins that hold the true guts in. I went balls deep on the new gray one and stripped the frame, my goodness it's a confounding mess to get back together.

Oregon requires a 4473 and background check for private party transfers so there's that triptheory out the window.

Attached: r51 guts.jpg (2000x1333, 261K)

Attached: clockwork.jpg (1800x1200, 162K)

Did I do good

Attached: 2EE65611-1E2D-4AE1-BCF3-41BE63A169E8.png (750x1334, 470K)

thanks anons/Burt!

shit so i guess it's confirmed there are no railed M9 versions that lack WARNING signs.
Sad!

Are we ever going to see these released? I know Steyr is terrible with PR, but I'm pretty sure they've lost any hype they managed to scrounge together for the MF

Attached: mf_pistol_hr_tyler_cleanclip_rt_new.png (700x492, 223K)

Yes. Now order a set of wood grips.

Bought one of these little things.

Pretty neat, but apparently the strikers break like twigs.

Attached: IR11077.jpg (490x368, 27K)

did they finally get this right?
I had the original M40, M9, then the M9-A1
ALL OF THEM failed to return to battery from time to time. I loved everything else about that design, except that shit.
It soured my so much I sold off my SPP and am down to the AUG which I still love.

Attached: aug.jpg (3223x1418, 1.37M)

brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/s-w-revolver-exotic-wood-grips-prod22451.aspx

How about these

Mine didn't have that issue, but the ejection pattern is weird as hell. Brass goes all over the place.

Just buy an FNX or a FiveseveN, goes great with my AUG

Attached: 3 things.jpg (3896x2496, 3.92M)

meme gun in a meme caliber, FNX is mediocre at best

Oh you're actually retarded, my apologies
Maybe a Glock is more your speed then

no one likes you and your opinions are shit
go back to /akg/ where you are barely tolerated

nah

Attached: Floridawoo.jpg (900x900, 515K)

That’s exactly what a pederast would say. Not surprising that you live in Oregon.

Stop posting this abortion

then put your trip on so we can filter you

Stop being a poorfag and you won't get bullied

They've definitely lost what little hype there was. Steyr rep told me over the phone 1.5 months from now for the L9A2, and then a few months between each subsequent frame size, and then after they're all out a few months more for the bare replacement frames.

They're flippin lazy.

Can't see all sides to judge finish wear but it looks good from here. Seconding some legit wood

Neat

Probably not, they never acknowledged how common weak return to battery and ejection was.

Boy, you really want a visit to my spare bedroom don't you?

Attached: rapement.jpg (2000x1333, 728K)

??
I'm not the guy you replied to. I just see you posting the same three pictures everywhere and giving shit advice so i call you out on it.
i don't derive worth from it but i'm well off. you're a cretin

>inb4 he posts a picture holding a firearm while driving a shitty car

Delicious salt

Attached: aha.png (565x571, 513K)

/hg/ remembers and has real niggas. try posting your shit pics again here in a week or two

Are Beretta APXs any good?? I never heard them recommended much, but I've never heard anything bad about them either.

Attached: p-beretta-jaxf923-jaxf925-apx-9mm__69447.1521868629.jpg (1000x1000, 261K)

/hg/ is literally nothing except a great place to laugh at poorfags and talk to Burt

Attached: the bulge is important.jpg (1680x1049, 312K)

/hg/ is literally nothing except a great place to laugh at Burt and talk to poorfags

... yes and? lol
we're all here to talk to burt

What happened to all the other trips? There were like a dozen+ here at one point, and now it's just Burt. Did the rest become discord trannies?

Most of the generals have been moving to other forms of communications

My mass gradually but inexorably absorbed them.

There can be only one.

We are Burt.

Attached: hamplanet.jpg (1800x1800, 3.73M)

>announced in January
>the basic bitch one won't be ready until June
>the primary selling point of the entire platform won't exist until next year
Are they just money laundering for the Austrian mob or what?

>the bulge is important

Attached: 1308618705390.png (412x416, 41K)

>Burt finally explains why the only thing he can hide is a Shield

Mine shoots low at 7 yards and I pretty much have to use a 12 o'clock hold instead of the usual combat hold, but supposedly that's a Beretta problem in general, not just the APX.

>he wasn't there for when the glockplate was born

I'm trying to find the cap of your mega ragepost a few years ago but can't find it

Attached: lol2.png (511x232, 48K)

10mm?

nah i just dont feel like being a trip anymore. now i just hide and give anons advice/terrible ideas for sport.

Attached: gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang gucci gang g (3974x2713, 2.55M)

Trips were a mistake

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-29-23h43m31s926.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

>I never heard them recommended much, but I've never heard anything bad about them either.
That pretty much sums them up really. They're okay, like most striker guns. I don't recall any APX specific issues otoh. They're average right down the line. But Beretta has their shit together and offered colored and different sized frames right of the bat, which is pretty cool. There are at least two anons with green-and-black APXs that look great. Maybe they can chime in.

Haha my friend

>finally
New here? Welcome!

I'm just guessing but honestly I think Steyr USA or whatever they are called here, are just incompetent. They're like a figurehead for Steyr Austria, they seem to have very little/no motivation or drive or pride. They exist just to exist. Not unlike teenagers, really.

I mean. It was the hardest part. No pun intended. There were multiple revisions done before they accepted a design.

Dubs are a trip man.

It's no important

Attached: the lonliest bulge.jpg (2666x1777, 2.06M)

I remember when tripfags were at least infuriating because they either made annoying or logically obtuse arguments, and that at least gave them character, made them funny and gave them a place in this shithole of a weapons board.

but now its just shitheads like you. You post some gun with a 4-digit pricetag, call someone either a retard or a poorfag and post some anime girl (male) and get guaranteed replies. Its fucking infuriating to see threads get derailed because of idiots like you.

Sad thing is I am not upset at you, youre just playing a game, and succeeding awfully. Youre a level 60 at the starting gate with all the fresh meat and someone should stop you but they wont because they know that in the end its the level 1's fault for feeding into your horseshit to start with.

you are lawful evil in its purest form, fuck you.

Attached: cat 2.png (374x376, 221K)

its all MSD's fault, i would have never tripped if wasnt for him. you can literally blame everything ive done as a trip on MSD.

Attached: fun in the sun (8).jpg (3024x4032, 1.37M)

GC begged me to use a trip, IKTF

I wouldn't call it lawful evil, but you're aware of my game to an extent I didn't think would be possible for an user

Nonsense Burt, that was an amazing post

Attached: 1531005366269.png (392x421, 247K)

fuck off anime fag

Post gun

Attached: 35t4w633.png (474x467, 246K)

That faggot fuck Timeshares left
Praise Jesus

you're sad, kid

Post related btw

the fuck did you do that counts as a felony, burt?

We don't talk about that. It was nonvolent, nondestructive and ultimately harmless, but if committed in Washington it would be a felony. No people, property, taxes, mental health, drugs, violence, intoxication, threats or animals were involved. That's all ya get but if you're really interested you could figured it out by reading archived discussion on the topic.

Washington state is just gay af.

Quick question /hgg/. Are Anacondas less desirable than Pythons? If so to what degree?
>There's a mint Anaconda that I'm considering, but I noticed Pythons are ~50% more in the same shop.

Handgun is one word

I recognize this dungeon