Honestly considering selling my gucci AR to get one now

Honestly considering selling my gucci AR to get one now

Thoughts?

sys.4channel.org/derefer?url=https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?62889-SCAR-vs-AR-A-detailed-look

Attached: 7A25A28A-1653-407E-9EEF-8D1973E5A4DE.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

>wanting an UGG™ Boot gun

Shiggy

>no front sight or optic

Attached: Br00TCn.gif (581x327, 3.72M)

Why do I keep making these threads?

Bad move. Quality AR>SCAR.
1. Hard to find spare parts
2. Less aftermarket support
3. More expensive accessories
Why? Just for the novelty?

because you're an attention starved faggot
scar is a great gun though
cope nigger, the scar dabs on your gayR all day

>gucci ar
>iphone user

Attached: images.png (213x237, 8K)

FAG! Get a Bren 2

How is the Bren any better

dab your way outa here you nogood zoomer noguns reeeeeë

It would literally only be worth it if you wanted a 17s, and you'd end up shooting it even less than you do your 'gucci AR'.

Attached: 1549939732480 (1).jpg (390x800, 128K)

It not any better or worse but you can buy one and keep the AR for the price of a SCAR.

shut the fuck up you boomer faggot

SF literally hated them because they are unreliable garbage. And the civilian market for them blows asshole they are literally over priced memes.

>you can buy one

Except you can't.

>SF literally hated them

You are literally retarded.

>SF literally hated them because they are unreliable garbage
literally what?

I know the video you're referencing and it's garbage. Any short stroke system is going to be very reliable.

>mad that scar is mediocre piece of shit and no one uses them

I guess it's like having a top of the line non-unique car, vs something you don't see every day, or every year even.

I have a SCAR17 and I love it but it's definitely not a good-for-the-money gun. Expect to replace the trigger, safety selectors (if you compete), and stock to get something as good or slightly better than an ar. At least the 16 doesn't have proprietary/not-STANAG mags. Now I have to get a seperate lower for do that for the 17.

Whoops forgot you'll need to replace the rail on the 17 because it's stupidly short.

You know I genuinely think Tanodized is a brain damaged faggot retard for somehow managing to appear and serve as free FNIDF in every SCAR thread ever conceived by man, but this is some next level poorfag cope. SCARs are phenomenal rifles.

lul the SCAR H uses proprietary magazines?

All of those replaceable items fall under personal preference and are certainly not a requirement for a functional rifle. Certainly none of those alterations are required to make the SCAR "as good" as an AR considering those features operate nearly identically for both. Lastly, there is no NATO/STANAG magazine standard for 7.62x51. They are all by definition "proprietary." If you wan't to install an aftermarket trigger module to accommodate different mags that would fall entirely under your own purview. However, it's certainly not a mandatory purchase for everyone.

What's the trigger pull on a SCAR? Is it single stage? I'm an autistic weirdo who loves ~3lb crisp single stage triggers with no slop or buildup at all.

>Lastly, there is no NATO/STANAG magazine standard for 7.62x51
NATO is gayer than AIDS

Because it has 8 damage in CoD and m16 only has 7

>He fell for the $2000 AR meme

It's a single stage combat trigger with a pull weight equivalent to any mil-spec AR trigger. There are plenty of aftermarket options if you're looking for something different.

SCAR threads always attract special retards and autists to argue with, myself included. I'm like a moth to a flame.

Attached: trigger_pull.png (1074x314, 72K)

I'll give you credit that you (usually) are civil and have well made posts and arguments, but never forget that all tripfags still deserve the rope.

>There are plenty of aftermarket options if you're looking for something different.
I didn't know that SCAR had many aftermarket things. I'm in the market for one single semi-auto that I'd get for life, as I'm not a big fan of semi autos and only want one, so I'm willing to spend extra money on it and save if necessary. What makes a scar better than an AR? Why should I buy it? Are these supposed poorfags right in that it's no better than an AR?

Attached: uh.jpg (408x439, 40K)

SCAR works better suppressed, if you have any inclination to get a suppressor later DI sucks fat cock suppressed and you'll get a dickload of backblast gassing your face with a suppressor. FN doesn't make bad shit. If you want a "one and done" rifle, you'd be incredibly hard pressed to beat the SCAR. Why buy prebuilt AR if you're going to strip it and replace everything?

>There are plenty of aftermarket options if you're looking for something different.
There's literally only 2 options and the Timney triggers have light primer strike problems, so realistically the Geiselle is the only aftermarket trigger.

>t- brainlet gunlet wallet-let

>as I'm not a big fan of semi autos and only want one
heh.
>What makes a scar better than an AR? Why should I buy it?
You're not a professional user. You buy what you want at a price you can afford. Nothing else. You're spending your money, not anybody else's.
>Are these supposed poorfags right in that it's no better than an AR?
Buy one and find out. Unless you find Jow Forums shitposting a close enough approximation for the truth.

Attached: GIT GUD.jpg (2160x1838, 1.19M)

>heh
I just don't find them as satisfying as loading one round at a time. Fudd tier I know. But fair answer for the rest. I was hoping people would link shit about the scar and spoonfeed me but I'll do it myself along with more research on aks.

Attached: 09b22f5efd29391d7638491001952d93dea66531212f1f46641d6261bf49da70.jpg (554x439, 38K)

>I didn't know that SCAR had many aftermarket things

It's not as sizable of an aftermarket as the AR-15, then again, the SCAR hasn't been around for half a century either. Although in terms of non-AR rifle platforms, the SCAR has sufficiently demonstrated its place and staying power in the market. The list of manufacturers offering accessories and modifications for the rifle has consistently grown over the years as a result and will continue to do so.

>What makes a scar better than an AR?

People often conflate my position on this topic so I have to state it outright: Nothing makes a SCAR universally superior than an AR-15.

Conversely, nothing makes the AR unequivocally better than the SCAR. They are both different.

As such, they each offer unique benefits and trade-off's over one another in different areas that can be prioritized in whichever manor you deem appropriate. No two people will always agree on what factors are most important, so arguing over which is simply "better" is completely futile.

That's not to say we can't debate which is better at *specific* things, but in order to do that we must explicitly identify the performance category and unit of measure we are going to objectively evaluate each criteria with.

>Why should I buy it?

Sometime's just wanting something is reason enough.

>Are these supposed poorfags right in that it's no better than an AR?

See above. Perhaps for their specific use scenario that may be true, except thats not a universal truth for everyone. People's situations, needs, budgets, and desires are almost always different. The question you should be asking is whether or not the SCAR is the right weapon for you, not anyone else.

>SCAR works better suppressed

Yes and no. I'll explain more in a following post, I'm running out of room here. Just be aware there are complications to consider when suppressing any weapon--Short stroke piston rifles have their own unique problems that aren't always obvious.

Also a fair answer.

Attached: frogposting.png (512x422, 231K)

>Holy trips of reasonable posting

There's also Shooting Sight and at least one other smaller manufacturer I've seen before but don't recall the name of.

On the subject of suppressing SCAR's; be aware there are hidden issues to consider when selecting the appropriate suppressor. Because short stroke pistons begin impinging upon the bolt carrier almost immediately after the firing sequence they are highly susceptible to increased thrust from additional backpressure when suppressor are attached. The accelerated force on the reciprocating parts leads to additional stress and potential fractures of the SCAR 17S bolt carrier. For that reason it's highly recommended to only shoot the SCAR with suppressors designed for minimal back pressure. These include the (nearly unattainable) AAC SCAR-H SD, current issue FN QD701, and commercially available Surefire SOCOM RC/RC2.
Anything else is taking a risk considering FN will not warranty the weapon when shot with any aftermarket muzzle device or silencer attachment.

I'm curious arsenal user, but what made you decide to get a scar L when you already had a scar H and other 5.56s. Also are the scar conversation kits for 7.62->5.56 exist in the civilian market?

>gucci
kys you low IQ retard. I've only ever heard niggers use that word.

>Also are the scar conversation kits for 7.62-5.56 exist in the civilian market?

Yes, but not from any reputable company you'd actually want to buy from.

Attached: HDD_SCAR-H556_ON_GUN_30MAG_CNTR_LHS_BLK.jpg (450x383, 26K)

The 16S was my first SCAR.
I own both SCARs because I wanted to trigger even more poorfags on Jow Forums.

How know if the suppressor is designed for minimal back pressure, without asking to the customer service?

Most suppressors designed to reduce back pressure will be advertised as such, like Surefire and OSS for instance. If neither of those are an option, you can always reduce the gas jet diameter to a more appropriate size for your setup.