Appendix Carry

Is it safe?

Attached: IMG_6254__56649.1494622171.jpg (960x1280, 228K)

sure

Wouldn't know, I always carry inside my asshole

No carrying method is "safe". Any time you bring a firearm into close proximity to your body you run the risk of fucking up and shooting yourself. However, as long as you do your due diligence and maintain your respect for the weapon, then yes. Appendix carry is as safe as any other carry method. With the caveat that your muzzle will always be pointing in the general direction of your femoral artery, as opposed to your ass or lovehandles

>holster
pussy, real men Mexican carry and new York reload

If you want

I would bet my penor on it.

Cross draw > appendix

Attached: cross draw 1911 >implying marines arn't retarded.jpg (1636x2045, 935K)

Depends on the gun.

i wouldnt know because i dont carry or own guns because im not some paranoid loser.

whenever a gun fetishist accidentally shoots themselves, i praise the spaghetti monster

I do it, maybe I'll die, IDK

Attached: yv6ykh9lz2e21.jpg (750x441, 61K)

No. I'm not aware of any other carry method that puts your femoral artery at risk. It also draws fast as hell and it conceals easy as well.

Just remind yourself not to kill open up your femoral artery every single time you reholster.

A buddy of mine carries like that. He hasn’t blown his dick off yet, so we’ll see as time goes

I carry like this about 50% of the time with a glock. It's a risk for sure. I'm extremely deliberate and paranoid everytime I reholster, but it's easy for me to conceal my glock 19 with a t-shirt on. That being said, if you carry a DA/SA gun with an external hammer, you can put your thumb on the hammer and feel if anything is pushing on the trigger. I haven't severed my femoral artery yet so...*knocks on wood*

Id rather carry at 4oclock, keeping it pointed at my dingus and my femoral artery just doesn't feel good to me. Its easier to sit down with it at 4oclock aswell.

Attached: 1539441751767.jpg (1024x768, 131K)

Nothing is truly safe.

>gun pointed at your dick and or femoral artery

You be the judge. Don't forget the four rules.

IF I ever WANTED to appendix carry I'd only do so with a safe revolver, a DA only gun, or a da / sa gun.

Your nice home is an exception retard

You mean prison pocket

>Appendix carry is as safe as any other carry method

that's a stretch. Appendix carry is more dangerous than 4 oclock. Let's be honest about it, it's a measured risk.

based

Then you are not allowed to comment about carry techniques. Now go away.

get a decent holster that goes over the trigger/trigger guard and keep your finger off the trigger till its time to rumble then youre goochy senpai.

If you have a legit belt and holster you won't be covering your dick or femoral any more than you would carrying at 3-6

Adding on to existing advice about proper holster there are a few things you can do to mitigate risk. If you have a proper holster that retains and covers trigger guard, the only time you have to worry about shooting yourself is during draw and during holstering. You should practice drawing hundreds of times since it's something you need to do under stress and quickly. Practice draw with different garments you have to work through, shirt, jacket, etc. Then for holstering which I think is more dangerous than drawing you can do the following. Always holster very slowly, if it's got a safety, safety on, if no safety and it's got no hammer it will usually have a pin on the back that pops out when trigger is pulled. Put your thumb over that when holstering and your trigger finger on the slide. If the trigger is being pulled you'll feel that pin pressing into your thumb. And holster slowly! You should never be in a hurry to holster fast. The alternative while you still are practicing safe holstering with an unloaded fire arm is to holster your weapon then put the holster on your belt. So you'll need to get a clip on holster for this method.

Most American photo on these forums.

Another thing, I always advocate for carrying appendix, it's the fastest draw to fire with practice and if you end up in a physical altercation it's the least likely way to have your gun discovered or easily accessed by another person in front of you, they would have to draw it with their non dominant hand from in front of you assuming they are right handed. It's also just an unlikely place for someone to grab if you're grappling and they don't have your back. If someone has your back you're fucked anyways, gun or not.

And use Kentucky windage?

The crown of my 5" PPQ in a fucking JM Custom is pointed directly at right testical and whatever that inside muscles is on my right thigh, so not sure what else I can do there besides stop lifting weights and going vegan to be underweight.

I feel safe appendix carrying my revolver there is no way in hell thats gonna nd. Practically impossible

Higher risk/reward. The risk being that a ND could be fatal or you'd wish it was fatal if you blew your dick off. The reward is that it is a quicker draw because you can keep you hand right by your weapon without telegraphing your intention like you would with the gun in another position. Also with the proper holster you can more easily conceal a larger firearm.

Is it safe? Sure. Is it. Comfortable at all? Nope

Get a foam wedge or Dr Scholls shoe insert and attach to bottom of holster. It will tilt the muzzle up, pointing away from balls and also tuck the gun/grip closer to body for concealment

Already have one, my man, velcro tape and all. Mr. Righty Tighty must be held hostage in order to keep the gun in that comfortable flat spot between the frank-n-beans and the man thigh.

You do realise that bodies are different and just because it's not good for you doesn't mean it's not perfect for someone else right?

So is it safe? Yes. Is it comfortable? Also yes.

Safe as you are, which is to say no. Any tool/method that rides the ragged edge of safety is not safe, that's why industrial machinery has gates and sensors these days instead of relying on people to "lmao just don't ever mess up bro". Safety through redundancy simply works, and reduces accidents. Its just about the highest risk carry method out there, although that can be offset with firearms selection like DAO, safeties, decocking, riding the hammer on holstering, etc, and training with proper practice.
>Appendix carry is as safe as any other carry method.
No.
Do you carry appendix? honest question, i do and have quality holsters with both of those modifications(JM custom and GI industries), when standing and properly adjusted the muzzle points at the ground between my dingus and thigh(safe), however whenever i'm seated the muzzle is pointed directly at my femoral region(inner thigh, a couple of inches in).

Attached: you-just-got-b2i2e1.jpg (600x424, 40K)

I carry at 5:00 because in the event of a discharge, I'd much rather have a bullet in the ass over my cock or femoral artery.

As long as you have a nice kydex holster that completely covers the trigger guard and a reliable pistol, sure. I appendix carry daily with one in the chamber because I'm not a pussy.