Do any of you have recommendations about plates/carriers? I was looking into the testudo gen 2 like pic related...

Do any of you have recommendations about plates/carriers? I was looking into the testudo gen 2 like pic related. I want to get level 4 steel plates but I don’t know what brands are good, some advice would be much appreciated.

Attached: 918FCB51-D069-42DA-9F53-5D67A44CE633.jpg (750x746, 575K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZHRMpaupIHk?t=433
spartanarmorsystems.com/221b-tactical-phantom-plate-carrier/
tacticalscorpiongear.com/tactical-scorpion-gear-level-iii-pe-polyethylene-body-armor-10x12-plate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ar500 sucks, meme plates and cheap carriers. Armor is generally pricey, but don't cheap out because it's protecting you etc
I have a london bridge 6094, pretty great, comfy, distributes weight well, fits me well, I've heard grey ghost is good, tactical tailor is good, crye is good
As far as plates, ceramic all day. Steel is fucking heavy, about twice as much as ceramic, it's uncomfortable when worn for long periods of time, not very ergonomic and the prices the dealers charge are high for what it is. Do some of your own research on plates, I can't really help you because mine are issued, I don't have a civilian set

jpc 2.0

check the pastebin in the gear queer thread homie

mayflower APC plate carrier
AWS operator's choice

>AWS Operator's Choice Plate Carrier
this.

Prepare to be bombarded with gear queers and prepare to spend lots of money.
ar500 is fine if you don't want to spend a fortune and you just want it for a rainy day situation.
Go all in if you use it for your daily job.

aws is a good choice if you don't mind waiting a month for it to ship.

a plate carrier will run you 80-150 bucks
a level 4 ceramic plate will run you about 100-200 dollars.

if you're buying something you expect to stop bullets, why cheap out?

AR500 is such ass for actual wearing. Especially now that you can find lvl 3 UHMWPE plates for around AR500 prices.

I only waited two weeks and once it shipped, it was only three days. Well worth the wait.

my belt took 2 weeks by my pc is taking longer. no complaints on quality tho

Attached: 34534634354e5.jpg (1183x893, 294K)

Ar500 carriers are generally chicom quality. I bought a Testudo and returned it immediately and picked up an LBT6094 instead.
Go with an LBT, you can’t go wrong with it. There’s a reason they’re so favored by SOF.
>inb4 hurr durr SEAL gear
LBT is unironically a superior product. You can spend way more on a better product but why would you?
>level 4 steel plates
No such thing user, steel stops at level 3. After that you’re in $400/plate ceramic or poly models.

Attached: 1DACEA8B-9D51-4C40-8B4D-B65BF1A1FAD4.jpg (187x249, 4K)

What about Eagle Industries? I'm new to the gear brand/quality scene and was curious.

A note about Ceramics though, wouldn't you be able to buy second-hand or "Compromised" ballistic plates at a cheaper cost, then fix them up somehow? Find out the ways they do it like in this video
youtu.be/ZHRMpaupIHk?t=433
Or perhaps just find out how Ceramic plates are made and make your own? I'm sure it could be done with similar quality. pic 1/2

Attached: eagle_logo_873.jpg (749x528, 108K)

should i go multicam or ranger green? live in midwest

eagle made plate carriers for usmc they were standard in comfort and design but were pretty high quality material.

>>trusting your life to patched up armor

Attached: 639CF4CB-E167-4953-9119-FF33C19253B1.png (500x320, 162K)

2/2
Yea they hold some GSA contracts I'm sure, so it's not just the Marines?

Also when it comes to plate carriers, what are some things to look for?
Fit is one thing, making sure it covers the body.
How it feels against the skin, I'm sure the sides near your neck are going to rub.

I'm sure some cheap chinese made gear is almost as good if not the same as the big name brands.
Only thing I could think of would be places it was single stitched where it needed to be more reinforced.
It's a piece of gear, not like you're going to be towing a car with it. There's only so much a plate carrier needs to be.

Side note-
There was an anime gun chick picture I recall seeing at one time where it was a super minimalist Platecarrier. Didn't have any PALS webbing on the front So much so you could see the black plate. Curious to see that type/style in person/pictures.

If the military uses it why not? They "Patch up" the armor so I guess it's a broken system then.

The fact that you want a carrier and plates yet cannot seem to spend the $200 on a real plate and instead buy fucked plates/make your own makes me think you shouldn't get any to begin with

spartanarmorsystems.com/221b-tactical-phantom-plate-carrier/

this is what i bought. wanted to spend on the carrier because i dont want it falling apart after ~90 days. this one is tough as shit, and breathable, but there's one problem.

see those shoulder straps? they hang down right where the fucking buttstock goes. what were they thinking? i taped my shoulder straps up over the shoulder pad instead of using the front retainer band.

great carrier except for that retarded decision

Ceramic armor plates are irreparably damaged on impact. That’s how they work. They are trash after being used to stop bullets.
If cost is such a concern, just get level 3 plates, which will protect you far better than a questionable repaired ceramic plate.

Would you buy a car whose airbags had already gone off?
Then why would you buy ceramic plates that have already been broken?

Attached: 46D1E0E7-F79D-4C9E-85D7-C2DEEACFF774.gif (288x288, 396K)

i think multicam is ugly but it works perfectly fine for ohio.

You mall ninjas have never had a bullet ripping pass your heads, thanks for the "pro" advice. Maybe next time try a little harder, kill yourselves

Attached: 1555034668949.jpg (719x877, 130K)

I can't tell if this is ironic

i might never have had a bullet rip past my head, but ive had a meaty brap rip in my mouth

and you?

>you need to be a combat vet to understand that trusting cut-rate products with your life isn't a good idea

It's pretty ugly, that's why i want the ranger green. they don't show any pictures of it though.

yeah i went with coyote. Guess we just have to assume it looks like every other company's coyote color.

i forgot to ask, can these AWS operator's carriers take 7.62x39 ak mags? sheeeeit

the carrier has a big front pouch with bungee cords to hold mags in, it can hold 3 AR mags so it might hold 3 x39 mags awkwardly.

>a meaty brap
ifyouonlyknew.png

would it be the big gay if i wore a chicom on top of this? lmao

Here’s a pic of the ranger green

Attached: CE3A0782-38A6-4657-9602-88B8F595DD0A.jpg (956x1080, 326K)

wearing rigs over PCs is a pretty common thing. way cheaper than buying decent quality molle mag pouches.

>AR500
Absolutely fine for everything you'll need it for in the States, which is a rainy-day insurance device. Anything more than that unicorn usage and you'll want to 100% steer the fuck clear of Jow Forums on anything even approaching remotely serious.
This may surprise you but people here dont know what the fucking shit they're talking about, 98% of the time. The other 2% is Oppenheimer.

hey thanks user!! I'm going to get one. I'm 6'6 230 with wide shoulders, so i think i'm going to have to get 11x14 plates. Should I get L or XL carrier? They didn't specify size, sorry for being a bother.

cool, i like my chicom for ak pattern rifles, besides the dorky mag pouch snaps or what have you. bungee cords seems like a much better solution.

I went with multicam, midwest here as well. Often it's only green or tan/brown environments by me so having the ability to somewhat blend in both rather than just one is beneficial. I figured since I'm spending money on a larger piece of gear the multicam tax was worth it. All of my gear is multicam or green.

Whatever size your plates are is what your carrier should be, so if your plates are XL SAPI cut (I think that’s what 11x14 is but feel free to correct me) you’ll want an XL plate carrier, if you run a medium SAPI you’ll want a medium plate carrier, etc.

that makes too much sense, hah. im dumb. XL SAPA is 11x14, thanks user

Is SpartanArmorSystems any good or are they just the same as AR500?

>lvl 3 UHMWPE plates for around AR500 prices.
....uhhhhh. where? Most the iii+ I've seen is like 4-500 a plate

tacticalscorpiongear.com/tactical-scorpion-gear-level-iii-pe-polyethylene-body-armor-10x12-plate.html

second link on google my dude

Is Tactical Scorpion worth it or should I save my money and get Hesco? I'm looking for SAPI medium multicurve level IV.