What 9mm ammo would I buy if I wanted to have minimal wear on the barrel?

What 9mm ammo would I buy if I wanted to have minimal wear on the barrel?
Lead bullets?
Will electroplated bullets like Blazer Brass be softer on the barrel than standard FMJ ammo?

Today at the range the fudds were discussing this topic and it seems they have a point with lead bullets, but they also stated a pistol barrel will loose precision after 9000 rounds of standard FMJ, which to me sounds way too early.

Attached: lead.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Well if I recall correctly jackets on some projectiles are for the express purpose of stabilization in flight as the heat from the gases and friction from velocity could deform the round mid flight. I'm unsure about barrel wear, but I'd think a jacket like FMJ would be better for long term use since it wouldn't fowl as much as just powdercoated lead. As for barrels wearing out, it's just the reality for the life of the gun, I'd say get a spare in case, but usually they take a long while before going bad.

For ammo, just standard copper jacket ammo that isn't done by mongoloids should work.

that sounds like a lot of fudd nonsense to me. Unless they were talking about something special like silhouette shooting off a rest, accuracy loss from a pistol barrel is a non issue. Pistol shooting is 5% gun and 95% shooter.

For 99.999% of applications you will never wear out a pistol barrel to the point that accuracy is meaningfully affected.

Yeah, soft lead projectiles would be the best but really at such low velocities and pressures and gas volume even copper won’t really wear out a barrel that much.
You do have to worry about that with rifle rounds but not really pistol.
Just don’t ever shoot steel cases stuff, ever. They use steel jackets and that really wears down barrels, much more so than standard copper.

Handgun barrels literally don’t wear out. They are too low pressure and velocity, and they aren’t subject to intense heat like say a machine gun. You could shoot a Glock for literally a million rounds and put it under a microscope and the barrel will be just fine.

Most “wear” is caused by bad cleaning techniques.

What would be a common bad cleaning technique to avoid?

rubbing the actual cleaning rod against part of the barrel

Copper brush when a quick rag and wipe is needed. Taking said brush and shoving it in and out without twisting it much and pretending it's a trap's boipussi. Using water based lubricants to cum inside barrel.

You know the standard cleaning techniques.

then how does it get clean retard?

Use a plastic, aluminum, or brass cleaning rod (never use a steel rod or brush or patch holder) and ALWAYS stick it in from the breech / chamber end and not the muzzle.

My cleaning rod is made out of soft brass how can that damage the barrel when the full force of a powder charge is pushing a bullet made out of the same material through it?

Yes they do it just takes a while for it to happen.

>9mm
Is this a fucking joke? Barrels so goddamn cheap now. What barrels are you shooting that are incredibly expensive and NOT durable? Not to mention pistol rounds are so stupidly low velocity that even steel jacketed ammo does absolutely fuck all to them and the steel jacketed ammo is so cheap it pays for a new barrel easily in 556, let alone 9mm.

How can a copper brush damage the barrel, its way softer than weapon grade steel?

>You could shoot a Glock for literally a million rounds

which corbon actually has done...

>which to me sounds way too early.

why? you can get a new LW barrel for like 100bx. not evenw orth thinking/posting about that stuff.

>spending money saves me money

Attached: 1556009120757.png (600x800, 56K)

Not all barrels are cheap, my HK USP Elite is around 500USD...

Not the jig on the end, the actual rod itself you fucking retard. If its all brass then it should be fine.

A copper brush won't damage anything. But if you push your cleaning rod in cooked and you rub the steel rod the brush is attached to on the crown you can damage accuracy.

>steel jacketed ammo
lmfao

>9k rounds of FMJ will make your barrel "loose precision"
First of all that sounds like total horseshit because 9mm is not very beefy and modern barrels are very durable. Second, unless you're doing competition shooting some tiny amount of lost precision doesn't fucking matter in the slightest.

Consider this: Whatever money you save by purchasing cheap FMJ instead of special snowflake ammunition can go towards purchasing a new barrel should you ever need to do so. However you will probably never need to buy a new barrel unless you are shooting every weekend for years on end.

Attached: consider the titties.png (800x820, 303K)