What's a good rifle that could be used for sniping long distances? Can't cost a fortune either

What's a good rifle that could be used for sniping long distances? Can't cost a fortune either.

Attached: hathcock-sniper-gun-og.jpg (800x422, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q0iG5EzdsbI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nig in the back be like
>dayum that white boi can shoot

define "long"
if you mean 700 meters or less there are lots of rifles that could quite easily do that
if you mean more than that you'll have to spend a bit more

Reaching very long ranges requires more cash than normally you'd spend on a rifle.
I'd say a Tikka T3 in 6.5 Creedmoor
Pic related, X-ray chassis by KRG is pretty fucking aesthetic

Attached: LIGS65g.jpg (4829x1536, 1.67M)

Any modern bolt action rifle in 30-06 or better yet 300 win mag. Will be like 600.

howa actions
remshits aren't worth the money

Mosin Nagant

Any non budget commonly available durr raffle out there. I say non budget only because they wouldn’t last as long on the battlefield, nothing wrong with their accuracy.

>Any non budget commonly available durr raffle out there. I say non budget only because they wouldn’t last as long on the battlefield, nothing wrong with their accuracy.
what

$2k in the optic
$450 bipod
$650 for Chassis
$600 for custom barrel and installation
$700 base rifle before modification, $500 if used.
$4k minimum total

Could go half that with a factory stock Howa Chassis rifle and a Vortex PST.
Long Range with accuracy isn't cheap.
Throw in another $500 to $1k for reloading equipment if you really want the best out of the rifle.

How good are Howas? I've read some good stuf about them here

Please use google or YouTube before making an entire low quality thread for a question that is easily answered there.

Define long distance, your goals and state your budget.

Nice aftermarket, good bang for your buck. Nothing wrong with them.

Spiral fluted barrel turns me on

Walmart sells a free floated, bull barrel, Savage Axis chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Bushnell 4-12 optic for less than $400.

Was about to say just get a savage axis in .270

Do you disagree???

How long?
How accurate?

Both of those answers can vary your cost exponentially.

Not OP, but somewhat related question:

semi-auto, decent accuracy, 800 yards or so, not too expensive.

Any ideas?

Any autoloading rifle is going to be at a disadvantage for 800yds compared to a manual action rifle. But I would look at an AR10 in your caliber of choice.

I don't like cycling bolt actions for some reason. Fucks me up on reacquiring target for some reason and distracts me. I dont hunt, just like to shoot shit.

Is a lever action capable of that kind of distance with any accuracy? Is the action better or more irritating?

Thanks for the ar10 suggestion, I kinda figured that would be about the only option.

Unironically this

Just buy a .308 savage axis. I've gotten mine out to 600 yards.

Attached: image 100.jpg (697x523, 50K)

Most lever actions aren't going to have the reach you want because they can't use spitzer (pointy) bullets. The AR10 is a pretty decent platform that can do what you want, even in .308.

thanks for the info, much appreciated.

>Is a lever action capable of that kind of distance with any accuracy
>Any non budget commonly available durr raffle out there. I say non budget only because they wouldn’t last as long on the battlefield, nothing wrong with their accuracy
>What's a good rifle that could be used for sniping long distances
negros, youre going to have an awful time at this and I can tell your problems are going to be more than just equipment. If you want to get into long range shooting:
>research proper form for precision shooting
>find out how to work a ballistic calculator in its entirety, should take some time especially if youre new getting information on some of the fields
>research how MOA and MIL is used in a reticle and through dialing and realize what that does for you combined with a ballistic calculator
>find charts on standard pressure for altitude especially if you dont have a way of reading altitude in the field
then start buying equipment.

Rem 700 police model in 300 Win Mag, $1k
Spend the rest on glass......was going to be original suggestion. But since you don't like bolt actions then yeah, AR10 is going to be your budget option.

sorry to be off topic, but how comfortable is shooting like that compared to holding the rifle like a normal person?

try it out and see

It's not about comfort dipshit. Back to middle school now.

t. Middle School Student

Out of the box, the Remington 700 PSS will allow you to hit 10" target from 800 to 1000 yards w/ quality glass.
>t. wins tournys at 1000yds

Still kicking myself for not jumping on the mind numbing sale price brownells had on their barrelled actions last Christmas with their introduction prices, shit were going for $250-400. Now sale pricing has them at $450 at best

>.308
Laughs in 6.5 creedmoor

ima piggy back off this thread, .308, or .30-06 or something else. I want a common and affordable caliber, Im in the US.

Attached: obama-camp-david.jpg (1238x826, 250K)

308, ammo is cheaper, guns are cheaper, can take identical game.

Dont post niggers on this board.

Is that still true of the current models?

I had one I bought in 2002, sold it, now I hear reminton's QC went to shit so I'm kicking myself for selling it. I have been told that their police models are made in an entirely different process from their standard firearms though, so perhaps they didn't get fucked quite as bad? What vintage is yours?

Oh yeah? And if i do? You going to cry about it? Baby going to cry?

M1 Nagant

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the closest to feeling represented by a representative that I have ever felt, and shes not even our representative. Our system is broken because of ignorant and pacified fucks like you.

You're a mildly psychotic communist with a room temperature IQ?

perhaps, just letting you know im here in your safe space of a websight.

first word of caution "sniping"
second word of caution "cost"
we kidding today?

Nobody cares faggot.

Attached: 1556539930819.png (326x326, 57K)

Long distance shooting is a team activity. First you need to make a friend so you have a spotter and someone to help work out firing solutions

If your only interest is long range 30-06. It handles ultra heavy bullets that preform better at very extended ranges.

>Nobody cares faggot.
said the dumb jerk who responded.

>remshits aren't worth the money
sure thing kid. i guess thats why the militaries favourite sniper rifle, the M40, has been built on the Remington Model 700 for the last 80 years

Attached: pepe tired of this shit.jpg (250x241, 8K)

M40
done.

Attached: usmc-m40a1-right_v2.png (1920x669, 542K)

The secret is out now.
10 years ago , pawn shops couldn't give away a Howa.
Now they are getting difficult to find if you want a heavy barrel action.
Yhey saw the future and were one of the first to chamber in 6.5 Creedmoor.
They used to make all stainless steel actions but now just do a Cerakote job.
Looking at pawn shops all the time for an old Stainless 308 to have rebarrelled.
Integral recoil lug and flat bottom action, M16 style ejector, three way safety, side bolt release, one piece forged bolt, and now the improved double action triggers. A good selection of factory stocks now unlike only getting a Hogue or a Boyds manufactured laminate. Better aftermarket support.
Entry level out of the box is going to be Howa, Tikka, and now Bergara around $1k or less, then add optics.

That started out as a bare 40X action, not a 700, that was then completely blueprinted and squared, and then a $400 barrel blank was turned to profile and fitted.
$250 scope mount fitted
Trigger stoned and sear engagement set to optimum.
$600-$1100 McMillan fiberglass stock and properly bedded.
That scope, while good for 1980, is outclassed by modern scopes.
Collectors will pay over $4k for an actual Unertl when building an M40 clone.
Finding the 40x action with a clip slot is a trick too unless you want to buy one new from Remington.
Gunbroker Remington 40X 308 prices hover around $1500 for one built in the 60's or 70's.
Those are worth it.
My Remington Sportsman 78 built in the mid 80's is worth the $300 I paid for it.
Those were the entry level models that used a Birchwood stock and are dimensionally identical to a 700 but with a phosphate finish no recoil pad, and iron sights.
The Sportsman 78 was the last Remington budget model to have a wooden stock.
The plastic stocks started showing up after that.
Sportsman 78 was only available in long action calibers. Mine is a 270.

underaged

M2, Kord

youtu.be/Q0iG5EzdsbI

You forgot reloading equipment which is just as important

Reee nvm

Every pawn shop usually has a few decent bolt actions that were somebody's dad's or grandpa's deer rifle that they sold for meth money. They are more accurate than you are.

>6.5 fadmoor
Laughs in 6.5-284

bergara b14 hmr 6.5cm 18-20'' suppressed or 24'' non-suppressed hands down
>fite me

All you kids with your 6.5 needmores and .380 winchesters, the only good round is good ole .30-06 Springfield like God intended.

young whipper snappers and their fad rounds
.45-70 will still get the job done

Attached: 4855cf1a12fec022f1f50b6d4e1a9afc.jpg (800x533, 79K)

I got one of those! Cost a fortune though.

Attached: Remington M40A1.jpg (1500x993, 684K)

Modern 45 70 loads are such comedic levels of overkill for everything short of charging Grizzlies. The rifling is so slow on the rifles it's very tolerant of under loading which reduces it's hueg recoil while still hitting like a truck. It's the best rifle round for hand loading for this reason imo.

What does 6.5 do that 270win doesn't? I'm not shitposting I genuinely want to know.

Literally get just any old hunting rifle
I reccomend 30-06 or .300 wm

It is easy to spend $1k getting set up to reload.

>durr I wan 2 shooot really gud gun butt I don’t want 2 pay 2 much moneys!
The absolute state of poor fags.

Sub 600 dollar rifles have moa guarantees. Being a poorfag marksman really isn't that hard.

Literally any hunting rifle.

>battlefield
Nigga you gay. OP just asked about distance shooting, not being a LARPing faggot.

If you're not learning in .308, you're fucking retarded. Get your basics down, then move on to more Gucci shit.

You teach people on 22s because it's good fundamentals.

Don't pay attention to the "Muh Freedom Group Qualituh" nonsense. The thought that a business, who's sole purpose is to MAKE MONEY would buy a company and then scuttle quality, raising complaints and negative attention that would HURT business, is retarded. The simple fact is that Remington offers products on a scale of their use, eg: Remington Express shotguns are for recreational use and not usually expected to have HIGH round counts(which would lead to more frequent repair/replacement parts) in comparison to "police" models that are actually expected to have high round counts and rough use, thus the better refinement, finishing and parts/springs and such. Also, they sheer volume of product they put out would yield itself to more genuine quality issues, just like any manufactured products. It's just that the prevalence of internet and retardation in the gun community and their political bias towards the JEW(ie Freedom Groups owners) target Remington for laughable reasons. Having said that, the PSS model I have is of the older "superior" and "pre-Freedom Group" era so I gather I should ask for a premium if I decide to sell? Also have Police models of Remington 870 and 11-87 but I have had Expresses and never had issues. PS, I got a Remington 700 LTR that is sexy as fuck. I am currently in the market of getting my hands on a Snazzy Freedom Group Edition of the Tac-14, because I just love low quality stuff to buy. get the latest model 700 police with no worries, dude.

Neger, doth not even trying

Attached: main-image.jpg (1200x431, 23K)

heathen

Attached: 2328b4a6b7ff8680e020563ce70b1009.jpg (640x258, 21K)

Cheap and good in my opinion. The Mossberg MVP in 308 fits this bill. You can find them all day under $450. Free floating barrel, threaded for suppressor, takes GI mags, and has a good scope mount.

>wallmart sniper rifles

Attached: example-39688.jpg (1024x1024, 69K)

I've been trying to choose between those 3 for like a month. leaning towards the Tikka but I may go for the Howa.

>implying any one here actually shoot their gun.
With that being said, might as well make it look and sound cool, specially for the instragram thots.

Learn to shoot 300m-600m far better skill than something dumb like 1000m

Define fortune. To poorfag, 1k is a fortune, while others will drop that on just an optic and think it's nothing.

>t. retarded faggot
kys virgin

Thats not true Henry sells a lever action chambered in .308

Attached: download (6).jpg (224x224, 3K)

You forgot the cost of the mount and an anti-cant device. But otherwise this is fairly close excluding a spotting scope and kestrel.

Attached: D1466636-5E8C-4B31-B7A1-ACE134F10F09.jpg (4011x1871, 2.29M)

What’s the difference between his and the rem 700? I can’t into google

Nugget

Any k98 clone
M14 is also good

It's a Remington 700 action that has been done up at Quantico. Blueprint the action, lap the lugs, they put on the massive barrel, use a Winchester Model 70 bottom metal, the receiver has clip slot type sections cut out of it for the Unertl scope mount.

>m14
>good

>Can't cost a fortune either.
We're in a golden era of cheap but good quality bolt action durr rifles, user. Tikka, Savage, Howa, Thomson Center, etc et all.

That's hot shit, user. Very Vietnam-y.

Attached: 1549538903833.gif (256x199, 975K)

>Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the closest to feeling represented by a representative that I have ever felt
Yikes!

Attached: 1556632307594.png (380x467, 18K)

Okay now that's Hot

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

>modern Remington is the same as 1960s Remington
Sorry junior, try again.

I'm a freshman you boomer

Ruger precision rifle is like 900 dollars.