/MEG/

Regrets edition

Old: >> 41308590
>>LOYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
>>LOYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1516224497718.png (600x598, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebalancecareers.com/simultaneous-membership-program-rotc-4139867
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do my eyes sting all the time

wash the cum out of them

My girlfriend joined the Marines a few months ago and just arrived at her first duty station (29 Palms). I proposed to her on the phone not too long ago so that she could get out of the barracks and we could live together, but she said no, which is fair.
Ever since then, she hasn't been very good about returning my texts, and my calls to her go straight to voicemail. But I still see her liking stuff on Instagram. Is there a reason for this? Is the cell service at 29 Palms that bad, and she can only get on Instagram because of the wifi? Looking for someone with experience living on-base

shes running a train in the barracks. she doesnt care for you anymore

Move on

Hey, i was diagnosed with ADHD and light aspergers when i was 4. but i no longer have any of the symptoms or signs of them anymore and theyre essentially gone. Will a military recruiter still let me enlist despite these records existing?

im going CBRN and ship in two weeks? am i fucked?

ey dicksucks, im too good for the military, why should i join?

>let you enlist

Lol I don’t think you will understand he will go to great lengths to help you hide this

I visited the Hezbollah theme park during my vacation in Lebanon. Would this impact my admission?

Why would you choose a job where nothing you do will ever matter? We don't use any of the weapons you'll be working on.

Since the question wasn't answered last thread...
Is it possible to commission as an officer and serve my time and somehow still end up being a virgin?

Attached: 147838302823518.png (364x315, 106K)

wow I can't believe no one answered such a great question

There is so much wrong with this post, I really hope this is satire.

This is very important to me

I know several captains and a major who all retired with their virginities intact. From what I've heard though it might be hard to get up past past O-5 or so without getting yourself a stay at home wife.

So I'm perfectly healthy but I do have a pilonidal cyst. Shit sucks. I'm getting surgery for it soon.

My question is, at meps, I would have to mention it, right? Cause they would see the scar? I'm healthy elsewhere.

idk i got pressured into it... at least its semi comfy? right? was hoping i still have a will to live when my 3 years is up then re enlis into my prefered mos, 12b, or 13f....

My high school had an awful heroin and gang problem when I was a kid and my parents pulled me out to homeschool me at 16. Got my GED at 18. 22 now, was working as an irrigation tech but some stuff happened family wise and im out of a job and going broke quick trying to keep up with bills
Is there anything I can do to get around going back to college for 2 years to get the credits required to enlist? I tried to join the marines when i was 19 but was told i need college credits or a real HS diploma. I really dont have the time money or energy to do school again, last time was a fucking nightmare dealing with FA and anything regarding the office

Try going to the recruiter again, if you get at least a 50 on the ASVAB then you can still join with a GED. Your last recruiter probably didn't have any slots for Tier 2 candidates at that time, or something like that.
You don't have to go back for 2 years, I'm pretty sure you only need like 15 semester hours which would be 1 semester full-time. Granted my knowledge of recruiting practices is slightly dated but I did a quick google for you and nothing seems to have changed

Last time i went was last May, i took a practice asvab but was told i couldn't go any further until i had the required credits

Dude, if there's a way to nig out, do it now. Trust me, the fact that you already know that your civilian job prospects aren't good will destroy your morale. Change that MOS and do something worthwhile that YOU want to do. I understand that younger guys get pressured into shit, but you don't need to be one of those guys.

If there's a different recruiter around, then give them a shot. Pretty much the only way to get around it is to score 50 on the ASVAB, then you will have to wait for a Tier 2 (candidate with only a GED) slot in a basic training class.

I had a prior injury that I didn't disclose at MEPS and then received an uncharacterized discharge in basic when it got re-aggravated. My RE code is a 3 and sep code is JFW. Think I'll be able to go back in? My shoulder feels fine now.

Sounds unlikely given that JFW means a condition that would have disqualified you and prevented you from enlisting in the first place. What was the nature of your injury?

My shoulder had what the doc called "snapping scapula syndrome", basically the muscles under my scapula were underdeveloped, causing the scapula to sit lower than it should have and pull shit in my shoulder out of alignment, as well as drag across my rib cage.

I've worked for the last 3 years on strengthening those muscles and the problem has gone away. I can bench in the mid-300s currently, and even got up to 385 once last year, so I think its good now.

I think I may visit an ortho and see if they can give me a clear bill of help. Maybe that will help the MEPS docs clear me...my NG recruiter said its pretty much up to them. I have a career and family now, but I still want to serve in some small capacity and have a chance to deploy which is why I'm doing the Guard route. My state's NG seems to deploy a lot.

My gut says no, but you could always just go to MEPS again without the luxury of being able to lie about it. They might give a waiver for it. Going to the ortho ahead of time is a good call, as MEPS will demand that you do that anyway. Having the paperwork ahead of time will save you some hassle if they decide to work with you.
There are some separation codes that bar you from re-enlistment, I'm not sure if JFW is one of those.

Writefag here, want to write a story featuring the 75th Ranger Regiment set during an alternate version of the 1990s where Russia has a second civil war after Mikhail Gorbachev is overthrown in a coup in 1990 and Iraq waited another three years buying up a deluge of weapons and trainers from the collapsing Soviet empire before invading Kuwait/re-invading Iran in 1993 instead of 1990

Basically could you break down the order of schools an NCO in the 101st Airborne (let's say a 23 year old Sergeant who's already graduated Air Assault school) would need to attend before becoming an Army Ranger?

Do you have to already be a graduate of Airborne School in order to attend RASP?

If you're an NCO applying to become an Army Ranger, which do you go to first? RASP or Ranger School?

>pulling into the front gate
>gate guard checks ID
>“welcome aboard”
>“Thanks you too”
Why am I like this

When you were 4? How could you remember such a thing, in fact you don't. Just make sure you're prepared to deal with military life and be a good soldier. That's what is most important.

I thought about enlisting as something that would give me future skills, but I realized I'd be far happier in the infantry and trying out for SF. Everyone has a different personality, and I know with mine I'm much more likely to find success in life by following what I desire.

Bro, that ain't nothing

>be me, 1 stripe boot doing shitwork because working as the barracks cleaning lady can't be considered hazing if I yelp
>new butterbar getting led around by first sausage, everyone told to be as polite as their mammas taught them
>I am carrying dangerously overloaded trash bags, they come around the corner
>I dropped the bags in shock and then just stood there at attention like a retard
>butter bar gives me a full ocular patdown trying to act tough, then tells me to "carry one, private"
>I stammer "y-you too, sir"

For an entire fucking year, that's how everyone finished talking to me whenever I was getting hazed. As soon as I hit PFC, they stopped but it still fucks with me.

>get commissioned
>don't have sex with anyone
What a tough nut to crack

ROTC or OCS? Considering Army or Navy

There was someone answering Navy OCS questions in the other thread but it died so I’ll post it here. I’m the guy that has a barely

>proposes to gf so she can get out of barracks
wew

you did everything right.
>snapped too attention
>stood by for orders
>told to carry on
>reciprocated and told butterbar to carry on
if you hadn't done what you did, the butterbar would still be there to this day

Army SMP

thebalancecareers.com/simultaneous-membership-program-rotc-4139867

Kek

There's no way this shit is real lmao

Airborne and ranger school, then ROP

ROP?

I thought it was called RASP?

>Do you have to already be a graduate of Airborne School in order to attend RASP?
RASP is the school to get into the 75th and Ranger School is the school to get the Ranger Tab. Everybody in the 75th went to RASP but not everybody has their Ranger Tab. If he enlisted with an option 40 he would have gone to RASP out of the bat but if he tried to get in after already being in the 101st he may or may not have already gone to Ranger School and gotten his tab.

That's post-2009. Before 2009 there was no RASP. It was RIP for junior enlisted and ROP for NCOs and commissioned officers. Replace RASP with whichever is relevant for him at his rank when he went through them. There should still be plenty of information online about them from before 2009 for you to look up.

>Do you have to already be a graduate of Airborne School in order to attend RASP?
RASP is the school to get into the 75th and Ranger School is the school to get the Ranger Tab. Everybody in the 75th went to RASP but not everybody has their Ranger Tab. You also need to go to Airborne School to get into the 75th but it's not a requirement for either RASP or Ranger School. If he enlisted with an option 40 he would have gone to RASP and Airborne School out of the bat but if he tried to get in after already being in the 101st he may or may not have already gone to Ranger School and gotten his tab before going to either of the other two.

That's post-2009. Before 2009 there was no RASP. It was RIP for junior enlisted and ROP for NCOs and commissioned officers. Replace RASP with whichever is relevant for him at his rank when he went through them. There should still be plenty of information online about them from before 2009 for you to look up.

Can I sleep with a body pillow in the navy bunkbeds? Can I put a lewd case on it or does it have to be pure white?

Attached: s.jpg (500x500, 35K)

Holy shit a commander actually told us a story about this. Some chick wanted to sleep with a body pillow on the command ship and one of her supervisors said that shit wasn't okay. She takes it up to the command and he had to come to the bunks and say whether or not it was okay. He said he didn't give a fuck.

Other dude is wrong, it’s RASP not ROP anymore. If he’s air assault qualified but not airborne he’d need to go to airborne, but he doesn’t need to do that before RASP. So the pipeline would be RASP then airborne if he’s an E5. Once he’s in Regiment they’d send him to Ranger school. If he’s an E6 or above he’d go to RASP 2, then airborne, then show up to Regiment and they’d send him to Ranger school.

But did it have a lewd design? A blank pillow is a bit boring.

Just go intel/linguist where autism is encouraged

No, he didn't say "Carry on", he said "Carry one" because I was carrying a few trashbags. That was not a typo

I was a depressed loser NEET 3 years ago, but in the time since I've been fine, out of therapy, and generally less of a piece of shit. Recruiter told me to keep that mental health stuff quiet for MEPS, but I'm nervous about getting a top secret clearance for 35P. The investigators would end up talking to old roommates who knew I was suicidal and in therapy, and then they'd realized I lied when I enlisted. I'm pretty sure the recruiter just cares about numbers and doesn't want to deal with the paperwork, and I don't want to get kicked out when they find out I lied.

What do?

Im so torn on what to do bros. Should I go through OCS or not if my goal is to be a Airborne Ranger?
I know the 11X option 40 contract is guaranteed shot for RASP, but everyone says infantry sucks and I honestly think I could do more then just being an E4. Plus id feel silly not optimizing OCS in the long run.
Whats the process like for officers getting into RASP, do I stand a better or worse chance over being enlisted? What if my assigned MOS as an Officer isnt Ranger qualified, can I switch to one that is

I change my mind every 24 hours if I should suck it up as an 11B or gamble it as an officer.

Attached: 1505177591768.jpg (236x253, 11K)

Tell your old roommates to shut the fuck up, but if you're concerned, it is definitely a valid one. If you can't get clearance, they will assign you to another 35x that doesn't required TS/SCI. It's not like you'll get thrown into the 21 fuck-bucket or worse... infantry....

MEPS and your clearance are totally separate things. It is unlikely that the OPM investigators will pull your MEPS screening when they have your SF-86 and are going to question you and your friends. So if you wanted to lie to MEPS, you might still be fine. Notice that I said might because there is still a chance, although unlikely.

I'd say isn't real, but I've seen worse these days and in 2019 this is everything but unrealistic.

I remember before the military I would read all the memes and shit about idiots fresh out of boot camp buying brand new dodge chargers, marrying some just-turned-18 year old to escape the barracks, wearing their uniforms around town, etc. and thought that it must all be hyperbole. Within weeks I realized that not only is it real but so frequent that it stopped being hilarious and started being sad. So yeah at this point I'll pretty much believe anything.

What type of people will I meet as GSE? Am I going to find bro tier guys to watch shitty hentai with, or am I going to see annoying niggers who have no consideration for others?

Attached: eat fresh.jpg (680x968, 166K)

All of the stereotypes are painfully true, but what hurts the most is seeing all of these young dudes putting their paychecks into courting the pigs down at the skank tank. As a fresh as fuck ensign, I'm expected to make mistakes but nothing on par with this shit. I have legitimately seen women that resembled wild hogs macking with some pretty handsome dudes (no homo) and it is one hell of a blackpill. If THAT is what America's finest can score, then who the fuck is banging all of the hot girls that look right through every guy that approaches them INCLUDING THE FUCKING PILOTS?

I'd chalk it up to the fact that most dudes enlist before age 20, but you'd think that would mean they still have those unreasonably high standards from high school. The only guy I know who didn't marry an absolute mess still only managed to land a 6.5/10, and even then she's an annoying cunt who spends all his money on her multilevel marketing business. I really want the DOD to do a study on this shit... I know our troops are mostly idiots but very few deserve such a cruel fate.

How many of you guys actually made it through the screening for the Top Secret clearance? If I bullied people in school will that DQ me? Is shitposting here a crime?

I mean I was doing room inspections with a few first classes a while ago and came across a massive inflatable Princess Celestia. We all laughed about it but the guy’s room was spotless so I just left a “shit waifu” in the remarks on his gradesheet. Your mileage may vary, however.
>t.butterbar

If they cracked down on the fucked up relationships that junior enlisted get into, it would not only save a lot of guys from fucking up their own morale, but it would also save DoD a fuckload of money they pay out that just gets spent on alimony and child support. Sure, they would never do it considering how many fucking pregnant niggresses in uniform I've encountered, but a man can dream.

I've smoked weed during my early college years and did LSD twice as well, my friends and roommates at the time knew I was doing these drugs. Flash forward two years to the present I haven't touched drugs since. I plan on enlisting with an 11x option 40 contract and am worried about what happens during the secret security clearance and if I'm screwed if they find out.

Hey,92R fag here.
I instantly regret the decision of picking this MOS,I've gone through 2 contracts already,this is my renegotiation contract.
>Is there a way to re choose my MOS? if so how should I go about it with my recruiter?
ALSO
>What MOS should I choose?
ALSO ALSO
>If anyone knows about 92R,any info would be appreciated.Thank you.

Attached: 1554605676583.jpg (800x800, 102K)

If it is at least the only thing I’ve been banned for is extremely persistent fiatposting on /o/

Are they going to find my sinusoidal arrhythmia? Is that barring from enlistment? Can fish oil or diet help correct it?

i nigged out of it..... i just had a reservation for the job that happened to ship in only 2 weeks. i am holding out for my top two options

11B

could you elaborate why?11B out of other combat MOS?

Your what now?

How old is your story?

There’s no way they let non tabbed NCOs attend RASP.

they do, all the time. Usually support, but I don't see a reason they wouldn't let a combat arms untabbed guy go thru as long as he immediately goes to school.

You a nuke?

In the context of your story, he would go to Airborne first, then RIP. However it's much more likely for him to go through Ranger School first then try and get a RIP slot.
Yes, it's known as RASP now but not in the '90s. Also they JUST changed it so legs can go through RASP, back in the day that wasn't the case.

RIP was also for E5s.

much harder chance there are very few officer slots in the 75th and EVERYONE wants them.
Officers don't do cool guy shit, they talk on radios and work at their desk 90% of the time.
They also work a fuck ton more than the lower enlisted.
Easiest way to make sure you're not gonna end up as a regular infantryman id to get in extremely good shape before you sign anything. Don't assume 11B OSUT will make you a PT stud, it fucking won't.

heart beats at odd rhythm but i am 6’2” 190 and have a 10:15 2 mile and can bang out like 40 pulls ups. They rlly bout to bar me from joining? I feel like if they ask i could just say its because i drank a lot of coffee that morning

close, crypto

Is it worth risking the commission for enlisted pussy?

Part of the unspoken expectation to make it past captain is having a family and 2 kids, masters degree, etc. People like Mattis are the exception to the rule.
You have a STEM degree which helps mitigate the lower GPA compared to a 2.5 in sociology. Marine Corps OCS forgives shitty GPAs a lot more as long as you can max the PFA. I was less competitive with a 3.5GPA with a stem degree with the marines because my PFA was not as high as it couldve been at the time (~220) and they want as close to 300 as possible.
Yes you can the racks are small though plus people steal though they probably won't steal that.
The bigger gamble is going 11B and trying out for RASP. Officer will work out much better than going 11B in the current year
both. Lot of mouth breathers in the engineering rates but weirdos too. That rate is 4 years for your first sea tour which is absolute ass on a DDG.
if you're not looking into a career then youre just risking getting transferred commands. the letter in your record will probably end the career

Do research on them
SWO
SEAL
EOD
Subnuke
Supply
IP
CW
Intel
Aviator/NFO
Metoc
Public Affairs

human resources, foreign area, engineering duty officer are ones you need to laterally transfer into (i.e. join as something else then transfer into those fields)
Like i said you'll need to do well on the ASTB to make sure you have a good shot of getting in with the lower gpa and have a stronger application elsewhere. If you have questions about the designators, ask them now about to go underway (fuck the navy)

What type of weirdos? Do you mean as in guys from Jow Forums or just guys who like anime that isnt shonen?

Attached: 1542734666080.jpg (537x720, 47K)

I've seen magic the gathering on the mess decks a lot, classic and moe anime watchers, maybe a few like Jow Forums but personally I've never interacted with them since I'm on the officer side. Most will be normal youll find the weirdos scattered around the ship most likely, ITs MMs CTs etc

Is stealing a big problem on ship?

depends on the size of the ship and which rates live in the berthing

>fuck the navy
I thought navy officer is a pretty good gig apart from the politics? How is traveling for you?

anyone even a cook can try out for SFAS, you done fucked up, you better be a masochist or else infantry life will ruin you physically and mentally

so a bigger ship + rates that have lower asvab requirements = more theft?

Recently took a leadership test and got rated as authoritarian surprisingly, how will that fare as an officer?

How long would an STG likely be out here at ASW? And would NMT count a body pillow as a hit?

I hate getting up at 4 for PT every day.

Attached: 1451873122147.jpg (1840x3264, 414K)

How much shit will I get in bt after for being a 25 yo kissless virgin? I'm not a beta cuck, just never been good with da gurlz, and don't lust after casual sex enough to try.

Going to Coast Guard boot in two weeks, is there anything I should keep in mind while I'm there?

please respond. is there a specific number i can call for this? i cant find anything on it online

I feel like I’m about to make a retarded mistake. I’ve always wanted to be a soldier for some retarded reason. I’m 24 years old. Registered Nurse. I make 70,000 a year.

Do I throw that all away and try for 18x? In all likely hook I flunk out of assessment. Or do I go through life wondering what If?

It’s now or never. In a few years I know my body won’t be up for it

Guys, be honest. What are my chances of commissioning with a 3.11 GPA in history from a very respectable public uni? I'm mainly interested in the Navy.

Good