Things children hate on

Let's get a list going of firearms, vehicles, and equipment that was/is actually pretty good but Jow Forumsids hate it anyway because they don't know their ass from a hat.

>F35
This plane is the absolute future standard and the only reason poor countries can get away with "upgraded" old fighters is everyone else is just reusing old shit as well.

>Humvee
It was perfectly adequate for everything right up until they tried using it as an APC

>M9/Beretta 92
Underrated guns, not as big as you think, really accurate and soft shooting

>HK Mark 23
Not as big as you think, lightweight for size, mind blowing accuracy and reliability, cheaper than any other gun with its capabilities

>CZ75
There's a reason 70% of all production competition guns in national level action shooting matches are a CZ or a CZ clone.

>AR15
You know it's true

>AKM or derivatives
They just werk

>Glock 17/19/34/40/etc...
Triggers are a lot better than people give them credit for, and they're easy to shoot

>1911
Not as expensive as you think, actually pretty reliable, very nice to shoot, well designed controls, point naturally and carry well.
TWO WORLD WARS

>HK P30/VP9
As cheap or cheaper than a Glock, reliable, accurate, fast and flat shooting guns

>M&P pistols
Great ergonomics, cheap as hell, Shield is one of the best values in a subcompact on tge market, reliable, huge range of factory options as well as aftermarket

So what's your contribution to the list Jow Forums?

Attached: 111.jpg (720x540, 82K)

>Any particular type of tacticool gear
It's like running in the special olympics.

>Mk23
>not as big as you think

>H&K Mk23
>length: 9.65"
>width: 1.54"
>height: 5.9"

>Magnum Research Desert Eagle .50AE
>length: 10.75"
>width: 1.25"
>height: 6.25"

The MK23 is just barely smaller than the biggest autoloader on the market except for the length, but taking advantage of the threaded barrel would even make that much closer to the DE.

untill modern AK variants are imported into the U.S. the AR15 wins as a better rifle due to being more refined with controls and ease of modification.

I like 1911s, but MUH WORLD WARS isn't an argument for the effectiveness of a sidearm. Maybe a rifle, back in those days, but certainly not a sidearm. I just like it because it's an all-metal handgun that shoots big boolits, and I think people forget its shortcomings in the penetration and capacity departments. Choosing a weapon is about which tradeoffs you're willing to make, it seems.

Those Mk23 measurements include stuff like the thumb safety. It's bearly bigger than a M9

truth time. other countries were making better semi autos for quite a while but americans have surpassed them.

Examples?

>92
>underrated

It's like the quintessential automatic pistol literally everybody can fucking point out, it was once the go to for every action movie and video game

Kek, and the DE's length includes the bigass beaver tail. Even if you take away the safety, it's still going to be within a couple cubic inches of the biggest pistol commercially available if you measure it LxWxH. I've compared both side-by-side at my LGS. The Mk23 is a kickass handgun but you are outright lying if you say it's not huge.

Attached: large.jpg (979x768, 73K)

>G21, Beretta 92, Mk23
Lol, k faguette

Attached: 111.jpg (1000x755, 65K)

>focusing this much on width
The DE is a relatively thin handgun all things considered. The gun is big because of its length and height together. Even in your pic, it's fairly tall compared to the other two.

>Scout rifles

Tons of mouth breathers here keep shitting on them or saying they're irrelevant or a meme when in reality, when SHTF..you're not gonna need or use a Gucci AR to get into fire fights 24/7 but gonna need to put food on the table using something that will need little to no maintenance with very few reliable moving parts.

buy any .223 or .308 Bolt action WITH IRONS as backup and a scope (maybe with quick detach rings), and you are better equipped than with any scout hermaphrodite.

Mk23 hiding under an M9
Would you like to try again?

Attached: 111.jpg (1035x733, 159K)

That's literally what a scout rifle is though.......

>F35
>1 in 4 chance of decapitating the pilot on ejection
>Cant fly in the rain
>Needs repainting every time it flies
>Costs fifty bazillion dollars

I, for one, enjoy firearms

Jow Forums loves pretty much all of those things though? Except maybe the F35. Pretty sure it's just a handful of dedicated shitposters.

>MK23
Jow Forums absolutely loves that thing. However it is absolutely fuckhueg, don't kid yourself. As far as it being the cheapest in it's class I'm confused...

There is no other .45acp, commercially available with the capability of that pistol. There's not really anything available that's made for the job it's designed for. Unless I'm missing something? I do however think it's price is fairly reasonable considering what it is

Jow Forums hates all of them, especially the F35, Mk23, and 1911

>However it is absolutely fuckhueg
Not really

>I do however think it's price is fairly reasonable considering what it is
Same, people keep forgetting that a custom 1911 with the same mechanical accuracy is like $2500 or more, and they'll never come close to the reliability.
$1800 for a pistol that can shoot 4 or 5moa at 100yds with service ammo on a bad day, and do it in every environment on the planet, is a pretty good deal.

>m9 being closer to the camera gives the appearance of being slightly bigger

Even besides that, "the mk23 isn't that big because the M9 is almost as big" is not a valid argument. My whole point is that the Mk23 has comparable dimensions to the slightly bigger Deagle, not that it has comparable dimensions to the slightly smaller M9.

Also, comparing the numbers to the M9,

Length
>MK 9.65
>M9 8.54
Width
>MK 1.54
>M9 1.5
Height
>MK 5.9
>M9 5.51

The size of a box big enough to hold each gun is
>M9: 70.6 cubic inches
>MK23: 87.7 cubic inches
>DE: 84 cubic inches

MATHEMATICALLY PROVEN that the MK23 takes up more space than a Desert Eagle and yet you will still try to argue that it's a fucking subcompact. I love this gun, but it is a big handgun any way you look at it. Denying this is denying that the Deagle Brand Deagle is a large handgun.

>yet you will still try to argue that it's a fucking subcompact
You appear to be high

>m9 being closer to the camera gives the appearance of being slightly bigger
They're literally as close to eachother as they can get and the Mk23 is almost exactly the same grip size, length of pull, only slightly taller, has a comparable dust cover to top of slide height, and is only a little longer as it's a long barrel gun by design.

>Photographs show you're wrong
>Start using numbers on paper that don't accurately reflect the size of the gun because it assumes flat dimensional measurements and disregards geometry.

It's not a small gun, but it's closer to a Glock G41 than a fucking Desert Eagle. You're intentionally being disingenuous

I provided a picture, too, buddy. I'll drop another one of lesser quality to reaffirm it. The DE is obviously a larger gun, but the sizes are much more comparable than what you would expect for a "not that big" gun. Your own pictures confirm it's a relatively large full-size as it peaks out from behind the M9 in a few places despite attempting to hide it.

Attached: demk23.jpg (800x600, 128K)

A scout reqires an ier or eer scope,
which has a really small and shitty eyebox beyond 2x magnification. more than 5x is not realistic - and its going to be shitty.
You gain not much more sight radius with a 2x scout scope vs. irons anyways. so why go down that road but for shits and giggles when a savage hog hunter/ cz 527/ or even a ruger/savage/howa scout rifle with any normal 3-12 scope or whatwever will do a better job?
a scout rifle´s main flaw is the foward mounted optics. without that foward mounted glass i´d take any scout rifle, which isnt a scout rifle anymore then.

I never said it wasn't a full size, I directly compared it to a long slide .45 Glock G41 in fact.

But it's definitely not DE sized, the grip is shorter front to back, thinner, the slide and frame are shorter and thinner, it's a lot lighter, the whole gun is actually manageable compared to the DE which is awkwardly large.

This isn't really an argument, but the DE grip is actually super thin because of its single stack magazine, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get a grip on it from how long the grip is.

Comparing it to a long slide handgun is saying it's a big handgun. Comparing it to a DE is a bit extreme, but it is an excellent example for scale when it isn't dwarfed by such a huge gun. I've already said it's a good gun, it doesn't weigh as much, it IS very easy to shoot, but it definitely is "as big as you think" unless you think it's the largest semi-auto handgun in the world, because the only semi bigger than it is the Diggle brand Giggle.

Attached: mark-xix-desert-eagle-44-mag.jpg (425x357, 204K)

>Comparing it to a DE is a bit extreme
This is all I'm trying to point out. The Mk23 is a large frame long long slide, similar to a Tanfoglio Witness Hunter or a G41, but attempting to categorize it with the Desert Eagle is inaccurate because it's not quite as large, and feels significantly smaller when handled or carried.
People saying the Mk23 is "as big as a desert eagle" are just trying to portray it as comically huge, and it's not.