Anyone played the new arma3 Bundeswehr vs NVA DLC yet?

Anyone played the new arma3 Bundeswehr vs NVA DLC yet?

Attached: arma3_dlc_creator_gm_screenshot_02.jpg (1920x1080, 948K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527410521
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, I mean it looks cool but I don't know about paying $20 that Unsung, CUP, and RHS and a little imagination can give me for free.

i haven't played arma3 for years now, but googling those mods doesn't bring up any well developed nva/bundeswehr mods or a huge germany map

Kind this. Aside from that West German staff car, I dont think theres anything in it that isn't in existing free mods. Plus I have a feeling the G3s aren't going to be as good as niarms. Only reason you'd get it is the map, and that should be in the game regardless considering how everyone can play tanoa even without apex.

Installed it an hours ago and just fucked around in the editor, not worth it IMO as the quality isn't up to par against free mods like RHS.

>campaign is shit and buggy
>Music is highly repetitive
>You only use ONE main weapon during the campaign
>Splits the MP community, can't join a server which has the DLC active unlike previous DLCs
>Uniform textures glitch in MP
That said, the terrain is actually alright. We had some fun doing quick TvT matches in MP but I wouldn't pay $20 for this.

>paying kikes for garbage dlc when you could download much better mods for free
literally why

Yeah I don't know of any east and west german mods, but there are some germany maps. I don't know if the ones I'm thinking of are on par with the mods in terms of pure scale but would you really spend money on that?

nope. that's why i made this thread. guess i won't buy it

I dug through the workshop mods I'm subbed to and here's the germany map I was talking about. Mod says it's 236 square kilometers.steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1527410521
Just get this and the mods I mentioned earlier.

Why is arma 3 such a pile of shit? They literally relied on the mod community to make anything even remotely fun. OA had more effort put into it

the mechanics are a huge step from arma2 and much more enjoyable, but all the original content is shit. a fucking shame.

Don't get it. Why would Bundeswehr will go to war against North Vietnamese Army?

Attached: __kaenbyou_rin_and_reiuji_utsuho_touhou_drawn_by_hidariyori__36cf8aad79f4127adf66046284c11ddf.png (952x633, 187K)

A good friend of mine describes the devs as "Bohemian shysters"
I suspect most of the reason is that it's hard as shit to make stuff for a (probably) a decade old engine on life support. They either need to make a whole new one for the next game or completely re-write the existing engine from scratch.
Remember when they said they couldn't add in pump actions because it was too hard?
most of this post is being salty from randomly getting flipped upside down and launched into orbit in a vehicle

honestly its really not very good.
the level of polish that was promised for this being a priced dlc just isnt there.
>animations glitch through everything
>very solid clunky animations
>only 1 reload animation per gun (reloading a riflegrenade shows a normal g3 reload, niarms did it better)
>not all vehicles have modeled interiors and those that do have shitty PiP viewports making them borderline unplayable.
>campaign is buggy as shit
>tanks dont have FCS but the AI still shots you at 3km distance while moving as it was sitting in a modern tank. (that you can only zero the leo 1 sight in 200m increments doesnt help and its only really playable as TC letting the AI gunner shot)
>map is bigger then altis but so open end empty that it actually feels alot smaler.
>map has some of the most bland forests ive ever seen in arma. nothing on the ground just trees widely spaced.
>campaign buggy as shit.

>only 1 reload animation per gun (reloading a riflegrenade shows a normal g3 reload, niarms did it better)

Attached: DoNzKynXoAAC9MY.jpg (908x1200, 179K)

seriously? sounds like it's 2001

how expensive of a laptop would i need to buy to play this?
looks pretty awesome

Attached: kidsandsafe.jpg (960x734, 96K)

i could easily run arma3 with my cheap laptop i bought mid 2015

Look around for laptops that at least have a gtx 1060 6gb and a decent capacity SSD to ensure a proper experience

so...would 350$ buy me one?

my mid-late 2015 laptopt didn't have that. gtx 960m iirc. arma3 was no problem

i'm a retard with these things, but if i could buy a 550€ laptop in november 2015 that could run arma3 without problems, you should be able to get one that can for 350€

>mfw have had ARMA 2 and 3 for years but never played it for more than an hour

How do you guys get into it? I honestly want to know because it looks like a ton of fun once you get the ball rolling with it, the online MP is just so buggy graphically and the gameplay clunky to me (don’t get me started on all the key binds).

Attached: F702E87A-4D97-459D-B768-C97B19739F80.jpg (204x292, 14K)

oy vey think about the future proofing

Play arma 2 with a controller

Attached: 1554519949285.jpg (600x414, 41K)

get some friends that play it, certainly helps

neat. i dont know much about specs, all my computers are rescues that i put linux on, and i cant play games with them.
need a windows machine for a lot of software related things, so playing arma would be a serious plus

>DLC
It's a paid MOD,granted its an overhall mod but the point still stands.

last time i used linux was like 2009, but aren't there a lot of emulators for that kind of shit? i didn't play that much games back then, but the stuff i did play was able to run on linux with the right programme

There's a program called "Wine" for this kind of stuff but apparently it's pretty janky.

KP Liberation with friends is fucking great

Valve built up Photon as of a couple years ago.

checked. there is wine, but it blows

That's... not true. You can't play Tanoa servers without the DLC.

example of the bland forests

Attached: aLtRerU.jpg (2360x1290, 570K)

to their defence, there are planned forests in germany that look exactly like that

It looks like a mix of the same model repeated and unnaturally even spacing.

>unnaturally even spacing
see

Holy fuck that looks awful.
What bothers me the most though is that I didn't get it for free even though I bought the supporter edition way back because "This isn't an official DLC". No way I'm paying for it after seeing this kind of shit.

>friends
I hang here for a reason ffs

i just checked and somehow i have most of the DLCs in my library. i just bought base arma3 a few years ago because there was an awesome DayZ port. when did they give out all those DLCs?

Jow Forums zeus server when

Attached: arma3_dlc_creator_gm_screenshot_01.jpg (1920x1080, 334K)

Attached: 23621673_1958307264415827_1459091159650422815_n.jpg (550x430, 23K)

>arma 3 finally gets cold war content
>people bitch and moan about mods

Attached: ss_85d352bc59fd963ca076c60a629ff5d8e4dd91f1.600x338.jpg (600x337, 86K)

That looks pretty bad. Honestly even the screenshots they have on the store page look pretty janky.
I like the idea and have all the other arma dlc at this point but the quality doesn't seem worth it.
There used to be some edition that came with all the dlc, maybe along with Apex, that you might have bought.

>arma 3 finally gets cold war content
>finally
the vehicles look like they're ported from arma 2

>lying about this again

>again
well i'm not lying and it's also my first time saying this

That looks like a remastered ps2 game

some guy said this same bullshit about running arma on a cheap laptop. its not happening.

NIArms is meh quality. Still much better than CUP at least, but I was disappointed with the G3 pack. The quality isn't consistent between the variants. Like, the base HK G3 almost looks like it's from RHS themselves, but then you got the Grenade Launcher variant that looks like absolute, low definition, polygon, trash. And that's sad, because I absolutely admire H&K's roller delayed series, and there's not a single variant in RHS. If RHS miraculously adds the HK G3, G41, MP5 9/40/10 variants (can you believe there's the MP7 but not the MP5 in RHS?) and the HK 20E series, I'll definitely start playing Arma again.

Well, yeah. People have been churning out cold war content since 2013, for official cold war content to stand on its own it needs to be in some capacity batter than either in quality or quantity. The quantity clearly isn't there and polish isn't really that impressive either. So why pay for this when CUP has the vast majority of the vehicles and some Australian tranny made better guns years ago.

Besides, when people meme about wanting cold war content, they're talking about Americans wearing M81 in the Fulda gap, Brits in NBC suits silhouetted by mushroom clouds and VDV jumping on a burning Paris; not so much this.

Attached: ss_c50d0cf1b7ee57297b1aa3c6d9616040361836a2.jpg (1920x1080, 772K)

but it literally did dude, i'm not lying. cheap laptop isn't cheap laptop though, mine had 8GB RAM, GTX 960M, i don't remember the processor, but that's roughly it

I haven't finished downloading it but asked for a refund already.

How can you not appreciate the 80s Germany?

Attached: ss_b00eb5f558439eec214a89819bd1a64cd282ce01.jpg (1920x1080, 633K)

nah dude just run the game in 800x600 with the lowest possible settings maybe with some config edits that aren't otherwise possible ingame. runs like a dream

because of this thread? if not, post bad reviews

Attached: ss_68ed0d71634ab4d364975d5f477c3a5ea569e5c2.jpg (1920x1080, 759K)

post some interiors of vehicles

I had a bad feeling the whole time but looking at the reviews and people talking about I'm just not gonna waste any money on it. I'll give it a try before the refund is processed though.

Attached: ss_7db9a3fd159683929518497c714d7cb31851d9eb.jpg (1920x1080, 818K)

Go to v

more like a fever dream, yikes

>military simulations don't belong on Jow Forums, go to that board where they discuss anime games

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Looks like an arma 2 mod with modern lighting.

this>also iam rangeblocked on /v/

Attached: ss_c4e86ce59b94d9080c284fb1f00935e1b55000fe.jpg (1920x1080, 971K)

You have to have kid levels of free time to really get into it, and god do I miss it.

No surprise that amerifats don't understand DDR memes.

This DLC is for Europeans.

Attached: c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg (800x450, 63K)

those spy costumes might look silly now, but in 2005 Germany they would perfectly fit in

you mean autistic krauts.

Attached: 20190430010008_1.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

pretty sure you can, although it'ld run like shit. Anyway arma biggest performance bottleneck is single thread cpu performances hence why it runs like shit no matter how expensive your comp is.

how did they manage to make it look like arma2 or even OFP. not that i don't like it, but wow

This DLC is literally made by the mod community though

to be fair i dont think i play on max settings (high to mid with a few ultras here and there)

i thought that was promotional shit, post some vehicle interiors please. preferably west german shit, Fuchs or something

Altis' infrastructure is run down and organic by lazy Greeks, Germany is designed with a ruler.

gimme a minute

Thats what he said, "literally relied on the mod community to make anything even remotely fun"

Attached: 20190430181838_1.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

Attached: 20190430181842_1.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

Attached: 20190430181844_1.jpg (1920x1080, 486K)

looks pretty good. and there doesn't seem to be any other well made bundeswehr mod with a lot of content

Attached: 20190430181937_1.jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

yeah imo the 3D model and texture quality is pretty good. my problems with it are posted up here

Attached: 20190430181940_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

here are my setting for the screens. just tell me if you want more

Attached: 20190430182229_1.jpg (1920x1080, 634K)

i'm satisfied, thanks for posting. maybe i'll get it in the future, when it's around 10 bucks and some the shit fixed

>autistic krauts
as opposed to?

Poor Heiner

non autistic other people? autism was what made germany become great in the first place. that, and violence.

at least he has one

Why isnt Bohemia working on a new Arma entry?

why work on a new game when you can milk the already existing ones

that's why the were so good friends what that dayz dude. why work, when you can just sell the shitty thing you already have.

Because they are still experimenting on a new engine with DayZ.

Wow that's a scumbag move on their part. Didn't even know this

The controls look complicated but they really aren't.
idk why people get scarred when they see the controls lmao

Just get mods bro