Physical Home Defense

Anyone have good ideas for home defense barricades? Hard to strick that mid point so that your home doesn't look like a patrol base.

Planning in making my driveway a subtle surpentine, adding rose bushes to funnel attackers, considering a fence or wall but don't want to provide attackers with cover. Ideas?

Attached: main_900.jpg (900x576, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Defending-Your-Castle-Catapults-Bulletproof/dp/1613746822
amazon.com/Holding-Your-Ground-Preparing-Defense/dp/0615497551/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=holding your ground&qid=1556667620&s=books&sr=1-1
monolithic.org/homes
youtube.com/watch?v=L7L1aZzLz1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put your rose bushes at the base of pic related to camouflage it further.

Attached: Ha_ha_wall_diagram.jpg (845x846, 83K)

>implying they wont just drive an mrap through your living room

Guillotine blade in the window

I do like the idea of a Ha Ha wall. My concern though is if someone makes it to the wall and then can prone out in that dead space.

There will be trees around the perimeter for concealment from the road and to prevent vehicles. Only really concerned about individuals on foot.

Fill with homemade explosives or alternatively cacti/ thornbushes

That's what water is for.

Serious question, I don't get it. Is it supposed to give you a height advantage or something? I can't thunk today.

I am not too interested in surrounding my home with mosquitos.

how long did it take this guy to build this moat? I doubt you can build something like this in a day.

mud (can be created on demand with water)
sand
nasty plants (there are much worse than roses)
ponds
large trees can be felled when needed and make formidable obstacles.
keep razor wire on hand and then deploy it when needed.
large containers of flammable liquid can be disguised near choke points and then released and ignited when the attacker reaches that point. The British Home Guard formed during WWII set up a lot of those in anticipation for a German invasion.

Trenches can be dug then disguised with vegetation growing in them, or some kind of thin covering that will give way if a vehicle attempts to drive over that area. Bonus points if you can figure out a way to fill the trench with water when needed--that may be simple if there is a pond, lake, river, etc, nearby.

keep bees, grow plants which attract bees and wasps.

Basically. You create a barrier, without the drawbacks of a massive wall you lose sight lines with. Vehicles can't get at you, but you can choot at them. The idea is to create a gradient to the wall though that's gradual enough to not make it a moat, though.

The point is that you can't see the wall until you're very close to it. The enemy rushes in, expecting to easily reach the objective but once he gets close he suddenly sees the wall, and likely did not bring any means of scaling it.

>I doubt you can build something like this in a day.
depends entirely on whether or not you own a bulldozer and how big that machine is.

>Only really concerned about individuals on foot.
Pic related.

Attached: dogs.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Also, you're going to think this is nuts, but if you live in a rural area then keep pic related. Guinea Fowl are extremely territorial and very observant. If there is a stranger prowling around they will notice before any human or dog will, and then they will make a crazy racket alerting everyone to the intruder. As a bonus, they eat fuckloads of ticks, spiders, etc, and they kill snakes. They require little effort to keep, being much better at taking care of themselves than chickens.

Attached: 31892609040_535271c644_z.jpg (515x320, 28K)

I remember chasing hens like that around a neighborhood and shooting a potato cannon at it. Didn't make any noise

It might have been a male; it's the females which do the alarm calling, and unlike chickens the differences between the sexes are not so obvious. It's also possible you were chasing a chicken with similar plumage, or it was a guinea hen but it was outside it's normal range and thus wasn't being territorial.

damn those are some big ass dogs

punji stakes

standard would be open area and cameras behind a wall

its a shop tard.

Great danes and they are obviously standing on the foreground on a small hill.

Get these books:

amazon.com/Defending-Your-Castle-Catapults-Bulletproof/dp/1613746822

amazon.com/Holding-Your-Ground-Preparing-Defense/dp/0615497551/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=holding your ground&qid=1556667620&s=books&sr=1-1

Running water.

add some cacti or edgy plants

I remember when it happened. I don't know how long but it was built in response to an impending flood. So days not weeks. He had some heave equipment.

>better at taking care of themselves than chickens
YOU HAVE MY INTEREST
How do they taste?

Delicious. The eggs are good too. Only downside to the egg part is that while most chickens will not go broody and will let you take the eggs, some guinea hens will agressively defend their eggs.

I remember when it happened. He probably used a dozer and maybe some truckloads of dirt. It’s fairly normal work for a farmer.

ramps for the span. inside and fuckin shit up quickly.
>build that wall higher

Attached: ac3.jpg (626x960, 42K)

Sounds interesting, will do further research.
Thanks.

The only awnser

Attached: 5cbaf91b1251dad123cda25129e22bca.jpg (1600x1600, 156K)

How does that catch your interests? Sprinkle some grain and make sure there's water and chickens basically entirely take care of themselves. Sure some die to hawks or whatever, but they hatch out enough chicks to make up the difference.

You don't even need a coop for guinea fowl. Even if you have one they won't use it, they roost in trees. Predation is pretty much a non-issue.

Plant pyracantha/firethorn bushes in the trench.

They're fast growing and don't really need any care, but are a completely impassible barrier to people in ordinary clothing almost as effective as concertina wire.

Attached: pyracantha.jpg (1280x720, 151K)

I'm trying to research into making our old family home into a homestead.

Get large rectangular concrete planters.
Put in a divider in the middle.
Fill the outer half with sand. Put soil on to to make it look normal.
Plant large thorny plants in the inner half.
You now have a physical and bullet proof barrier that no one will look at twice.

Attached: PlayaRectGreyPlanterSHS18[1].jpg (625x625, 92K)

And coupled with 50 or so landminds and thats it. Just dont forget the pattern to walk in and out.

Forgot pic

Attached: landmines-in-angola-africa-by8r4n.jpg (640x429, 146K)

Few good points but
>razor wire
doesn't mesh with
>so that your home doesn't look like a patrol base.
OP is thinking passive, fire-and-forget defenses. Although,
>keep bees, grow plants which attract bees and wasps
is a good idea just because it helps everyone out.

...guess I'll just take my suggestion and leave.
;_;
fukken ninjas

quit being a whiny bitch. OP wants advice, not a singular answer to this question. threads not over till its archived, but, between now and then, keep your bitching to yourself faggot

I was being facetious, user.
Anyways.

Plant cacti in front of the planters, OP.
There's some types that reaaaally grow into weeds.
Make ditch->plant cacti in it->Enjoy.

>Make ditch->plant cacti in it
Make ha-ha wall->plant pyracantha (evil plant) in ditch -> put plenty of around points you want to defend so you can use for cover. Plant something fun though so you can take up gardening and >keep bees

Here is my dream home, maybe if I ever live to retire.

They are concrete dome-homes. Close to disaster proof, and can be partially or fully placed underneath the ground. With some land to provide stand-off distance, think I'd do all right. Better than a twig-house in the city.

monolithic.org/homes

Attached: Torus Dome Home.png (1280x909, 168K)

Google star forts and you will see the solution. Summary: put in angles so you can shoot along the wall.

Makes sense, but they would have to know it's there ahead of time. Turf over the top of the retaining wall, and aerial is going to be confused as fuck. Especially with rose bushes in there. Plus maybe a mine field in the garden proper. For real, I dunno. You've got open sight lines. You could have a pill box set up, disguised as a flower bed. Access it from the basement of the house, keep the mount well hidden and low. Level out the yard. Cut them all off at the knee.

user, you need natural light or you will go crazy. Don't bury your house unless you have a top floor with windows.

One of the simplest and best things you can do is reinforce your doors. If someone tries to beach, you'll have at least several seconds to arm yourself before they figure it how to get in. They may even immediately retreat to cover.

After one shot it would fall apart

Lately, I've been wondering about making concrete with fiberglass resin instead of water. You couldn't do large batches. But still. I'm curious how it would hold up.

interesting concept. you should make a few proof of concept pieces and shoot them

I have done testing with a two-by-four box faced in plywood. The interior the box was filled with pea gravel so you're looking at like a 3in section of gravel. I was able to stop 30 5.56 rounds and eight 30 ought 6 rounds at point blank it truly is amazing.

Vitamin D and I have not known each other for sometime.

get outside and be a healthier you. walk around ffs

For what purpose? Just for fun as a hobby, or do you think you are actually that important that someone would attack you?

>>razor wire
>doesn't mesh with
>>so that your home doesn't look like a patrol base.
Sure. That's why you only deploy it if it's a SHTF situation. Of course it would be useless for general 24-7 security.

Attached: waco.jpg (700x393, 55K)

concete cures via a chemical reaction involving water. If you take out the water you don't have concrete anymore. You just have epoxy resin with sand in it, and that sucks ass compared to epoxy resin with long glass fibers in it.

Think the other way: fiber-reinforced cement. It's a thing. You can buy it in sacks from home improvement stores, or you can order it from a concrete plant. It's cheap, and it's roughly twice as strong as normal concrete.

SHTF is exactly when you don't want your home to look like a patrol base. It only makes you a target.

>keep bees, grow plants which attract bees and wasps.

Beekeeping has many advantages. It's legal, and libtards love it because it's enviornmentally beneficial. Nobody can really complain about it. You may even be able to score tax benefits for keeping bees such as Ag-related tax exemptions. Check with your local Ag extention office to learn more. I personally know three people who had problems with theft on their property which totally disappeared once they started keeping bees.

If your climate allows it plant Mimosa trees aka Albizia Julibrissin (I probably misspelled that, but google will fix it). They're pretty, they grow extremely fast, and they attract bees and wasps like nobody's business. They also spread readily, so if you plant some you can easily have a lot more in a couple years. They will grow to the height of a man in a single year.

Don't deploy it unless you know an attack is iminent. OFC you don't just leave it out "just because". You deploy it only when it is specifically needed. Of course it draws attention so you would keep it conceled unless absoloutely necessary.

You might as well argue that you shouldn't shoot at intruders because gunshots are loud and will draw attention.

I spent my time in the army going from desert, to desert, to desert, to desert.

I hate the fucking sun. If I could, I'd kill it.

>bees
neat, sounds cool. and prevents robberies wtf?
>wasps
these will prevent me from entering and exiting my own home, no thank you.

It's also so landowners could look over vistas and enjoy the view, without errant peasants stepping onto their fields.

>After one shot it would fall apart
Oh hell no.
Concrete planters have reinforcing mesh in the concrete. You can crack it or put holes in it with sufficiently powerful rounds, but it will still hold together. It takes very little sand/gravel to stop even large-caliber rifle rounds.

You can implement a similar idea but use railroad ties instead of concrete. Notch them like "lincoln logs" to make your planters. That looks a lot nicer, and a tar-soaked 8x10 piece of hardwood can take a fuckload of punishment by itself, not to mention the dirt, sand, rocks that may be beind it.

I built a shooting berm on my property by making a wall of stacked railroad ties and piled up two dumptruck loads of dirt behind it. Most rounds don't even make it through the ties.

Crime is huge in South Africa. Take some cues from how people do home defense there.

This. Doesn't matter how good your locks are if your door frame is shit and someone can just kick it in.

Attached: barb-wire.jpg (600x450, 57K)

Shooting intruders is necessary. Razor wire is redundant with other defenses listed and attracts attention. Spending the time to put it out is not worth it.

>prevents robberies wtf?
lots of people are scared of bees, the same way you are of wasps. Ironically, the bees are the more dangerous of the two. Some wasps have an unusually painful sting, but bees kill people.

>these will prevent me from entering and exiting my own home, no thank you.
Plant them around the perimeter of your property, not next to your front porch.

bumble bees are friendly if you're nice to them.

>Notch them like "lincoln logs" to make your planters

I forgot to mention that this is easily done with a chainsaw and a tungsten carbide tipped chain. If you don't own a nice chainsaw, rent one then buy a carbide chain for it. Trust me, you will want that carbide chain as a regular chain will get dull very very fast cutting something that nasty. And turn the oiler on the saw up all the way too.

Yeah, bumblebees are cool but much harder to keep than honeybees.

yeah but bees aren't that aggressive, i used to catch them as a kid (idk why) and never got stung. caught them in bottles btw.

as for wasps i don't trust em. they'd plot against me

they might not have associated you with the glass. bees are bugs they dont have big brains

if you're going to keep an exotic birds, why not keep ones that will kill tresspassers rather than merely sounding an alarm?

A 130 pound dinousaur that's nearly as tall as a man and that can run 30 mph is nothing to fuck with, especially because:
>The inner or second of the three toes is fitted with a long, straight, murderous nail which can sever an arm or eviscerate an abdomen with ease. There are many records of natives being killed by this bird.

Attached: image-33-e1479122325106.jpg (1000x653, 85K)

this animal is not playing around.

Attached: main-qimg-ef3cdc0b646110e2a8d70992c1b6fbff.jpg (564x423, 66K)

yeah but a guy who owns these boards was literally fucked murdered by his own birds recently.
this is a double edged sword of home defense if there ever was one.

The idea behind keeping bees is 100% psycholgical. Human beings have an ingrained fear of bees and wasps, which is probably genetic.

For more reading refer to "The Sting of the Wild" by Schmit.

>ingrained fear of bees
i didn't get the memo. i hate wasps because they were actually put on this planet by the devil so my disdain is based in common sense.

That's why I did it. Fucking peasants, always ruining my vistas, while the constabulary do NOTHING.

Attached: 1556007479376.jpg (1016x1024, 81K)

My parents have a couple - in the literal sense, last time they stopped by they had chicks with them - that visit their house a few times a week. Awesome birds.

>fiber reinforced cement
I will look into that, thanks user. I didn't know that existed. Is it worth experimenting with even, on the resin idea? Would it have enough moisture in it? Or would it not even be as strong as normal cement?

youtube.com/watch?v=L7L1aZzLz1Q

thatisthejoke.jpg

Guinea Fowl are hardly exotic, people keep them just like the do chickens. You'd have to be a special kind of nuts to keep Cassowaries.

Speaking of which, I know a really rich guy who has on his property the largest herd of Scimitar-Horned Oryx in the world. He likes the animals, but part of the reason why he has them is because he also has a massive collection of crazy expensive motorcycles and cars. Apparently they are sufficently dangerous that if one needs veterinary care the only option is to shoot the animal with a tranq dart. They regularly kill coyotes and feral dogs by ripping open their belly with their horns. He is a special kind of nuts, but even he thinks it's insane to keep cassowarys

>why do u need a gun?
shut the fuck up

>Is it worth experimenting with even, on the resin idea?
Nope.

>Would it have enough moisture in it?
it would have zero moisture. you might as well add dirt to the resin. normal cement would be stronger, and much much much cheaper.

... I really don't know why, but autoturrets didn't even occur to me. We're living in a cyberpunk future, and my deadass is over here thinking like it's 1385 constructing walls and shit like some poor person. Fuck.

except with m2's

2011 Flood Vicksburg a few days he had earth moving equipment It's a levee not a moat

get you a compound that can do both

jesus FUCK
thats a goddamn raptor straight outa jurassic park

>auto turrets that also act as roosting space for my guinea fowl and got a bee box at the base just for good measure.
>bees make honey and the guineas make eggs I sell at the farmers market
>pays off the price of the turret in under 5 years.

Attached: 1480590616015.png (547x402, 200K)

It was used a lot on classic estates to give you a wall without wreaking your view. A three to nine foot Ha Ha Wall could keep out some pretty persistent animals. They were also used to subtlety channel intruders to/past certain points or contain mental patients. The picture is a of a mental asylums walls. From the rise on the inside patients could see a view but the wall on the inside was higher than on the outside. So it looked less prison like from both directions.

Attached: Yarrabendhaha.jpg (1007x602, 205K)

Nice. This thread is pretty based.

Based, melt down any empty shell casings and make sculptures to sell as modern art

A few of these around the outside of the home will cause most burglars to move on to your neighbors rather than risk it. They are aware that homes with some measure of outdoor surveillance also probably have indoor motion detection as well.

Attached: 31Q84t8fqQL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 10K)

Mountainous terrain, multiple avenues of departure, low curb appeal, dogs. This list is better than everyone else's.

Visiting mount vernon was great, the tour guide took us to see the haha wall and my autistic friend fell over it

You plan to start a cult?
I asked why he need barricades and creative european gardening, you illiterate nigger.