Is there a better current production 10mm to use hiking than this? My heart and sense of aesthetics wants to say yes...

Is there a better current production 10mm to use hiking than this? My heart and sense of aesthetics wants to say yes, but my brain says no.

Attached: glk-20-g4-2.jpg (783x559, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5mcpfkuOR
youtube.com/watch?v=NJrP6MoEeqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no, you've made an excellent choice. Of course, the G40 is always preferable.

Attached: 10mm suppressed.jpg (2048x1152, 236K)

It's boring, but it's probably the best one.

Your heart and brain will shit themselves when bogey the bear is charging you full speed and your shit 1911 10mm jams, Glock 20/40 is the superior choice as it is guaranteed to fire when you pull the trigger

Springfield Armory XDM10

it's the best one and that makes me angry.

Attached: intro-pistols.png (1098x870, 880K)

The glock 20 is the best 10mm pistol on the market. And it is the best hiking handgun on the market as well

Garbage choice. Should have been an all steel sit or 1911.

Retard. Glock has 30 round 10mm mags now boy. Get fucked ban state compliant bitch.

XDs are big ugly

Lmao, I have a para double stack. It’s 16 rounds.
I don’t need 30 rounds for bears and you wouldn’t even be able to squeeze off that many rounds with a shitty Glock, I can unload all 16 rounds in a couple seconds with the crisp light trigger I have in my 1911.

And sometimes even when you don't!

based reply

Get yourself a Glock 23 instead.

Looks better than Glawks. Still holds 15+1 I don't see the problem.

Do you live in grizzly country?
If yes it's fine.
If no it's not.

9mm is fine enough.
ammoland.com/2018/02/defense-against-bears-with-pistols-97-success-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz5mcpfkuOR

Believe it or not, there is one pistol Superior in both aesthetics and reliability. But only one.

Attached: witness-elite-stock-iii-tanfoglio_f.jpg (860x613, 47K)

>Glock 20/40 is the superior choice as it is guaranteed to fire when you pull the trigger
They jam with some hot loads.

and the 29 jams with light loads

Fag Glock haters detected, keep coping with that jamteen11

Owned mine for 6 years now. Never regret it. Yeah I live in bear country. The only time I worry about them is right now.

The Glock 40 loaded w 15 rounds weighs as much as that brick does unloaded. What's the capacity for that SIG?

My g20 has always been solid. I would get a g40 if I we're in the market for another 10mm.

My dick likes the Dan Wesson Bruin in 10mm

Why has there not been a Beretta M10?

Paid extra for the camo on mine

Attached: fuddlorelvl99.jpg (474x316, 24K)

>Do you live in grizzly country?

Yes actually. I usually carry a rifle or 12ga with brenneke slugs but looks for something less cumbersome.

>hiking
>aesthetics
>brain
you do not have a brain

Where are you hiking that needs 10mm, OP?

oof. imagine a 10mm glockanade blowing up in your hands.

Attached: glocknade1.jpg (564x564, 48K)

That picture is not from a glock.

14+1 and it's not a sig newfag

honestly it's the best choice, especially for backpacking where weight matters. I carry my glock 30s when backpacking because .45acp is the only auto round that has cycled snake shot well and it's my CC, but I only have black bears so all I need is the loudest noise possible to scare them away. also it should be good enough for boars.

Bitteroot Valley, Anaconda Pintlers, and around Kalispell.

G R I P Z O N E
R
I
P
Z
O
N
E

>Yes actually.

then get an AK pistol and tension sling carry it in your armpit. if chances of bear attacks are high, go for something that's easier to control and has more punch when it hits. if that'S no good, yes, the G20/40/29 is the best 10mm handgun you can get.

Attached: 5620963.1149989369.jpg (800x405, 260K)

oof

Attached: glocknade.jpg (2094x1729, 1.24M)

Attached: fudds btfo.png (976x396, 619K)

That's incorrect I have shot 40 Section8 & Welfare and 90gr 9x25 Dillon ouf of a stock 29 with stock recoil spring.

Attached: _20190420_212951.jpg (3000x3283, 1.4M)

Over 500 rounds of Buffalo Bore 220 hard cast 1350fps......not one problem.

G40 for hiking.

Use stiff recoil springs.

Haha fag

wtf i thought glocks were supposed to be the "unkillable" ultra reliable, drag it tied on a string behind your truck and itll still shoot just fine handgun

10mm is still preferable for blackbears.

That only happens with. 40 sw glocks

They are.

Bubba can blow up anything

What pistol do you suggest we use instead?

>Frame cracks internally

Neither thing is true

Surprise surprise, guns explode when you try shooting squibs out

fake and gay user

took you long enough

There is a Glock 20 in this.

Attached: MCK.jpg (2048x1536, 541K)

I honestly can't tell if this is bait or if you're just that retarded

tupperware is for food, not shooting. glocktard

Attached: shoutoutseanranklin.png (497x499, 373K)

notice how at least 50% of all these images always show aftermarket "Glock" barrels. This is then supposed to proof something.

10mm sucks ass for woods defences though.
If black bear and smaller is an issue, .357mag.
If brown/grizz bear, carry an appropriate rifle or shotgun, and a .44mag as backup with heavy hardcasts.
A larger revolver may be okay. Usually the recoil is impractical

Lol. Inferring that you wouldn’t want a combat style trigger during a fight and that notoriously shitty 1911 10mm chamber support (Delta Elite) is preferable to a more robust modern action. How many rounds of buffalo bore have you shot through it, lol. Enjoy your overpriced 40 S&W.

black bears are frens, they don't want to eat you
brown bears will fuck your shit up, and if it gets the jump on you, you gonna die, horribly

Attached: 1531021125246.png (714x360, 142K)

God, imagine what that fat fuck sounds like when he tries to run. Never stop doing PT boys...

Alaskans like 10mm and .460 sw / .454 casul.

.44 magnum is still pretty popular aswell

>XD
could never buy emoji gun

>all that aftermarket barrels

Bro they come with plastic sights. That says enough about them. STAY AWAY. HK is the superior choice.

>GRIPZONE
I don't see it.

Fuck that. I'll teep that bitch in the face.

Do you run it stock?

So this...is the power..of .45 Automatic Colt Pistol...

youtube.com/watch?v=NJrP6MoEeqw

Nah, man. That's Hi-Point

Any gun can fail especially if you use loads it wasn't designed for.

>buy a glock
>unsupported chamber
>wants it in 10mm

oof.

>mediocre
>steel mags
>grip safety
>Higher bore axis

I'm really nitpicking it, but you should avoid buying Springfield new, because it's a faggot boomer brand that sold out gun rights.

Ultimately this.
The EAA Witness Elites and STI 10mm 2011's come pretty fucking close but the G20/G29/G40 has:
>tons of aftermarket support and parts
>super cheap magazines
>30 round Kriss mags

There is also the 10mm Grand Power, a rotating barrel import pistol with an excellent DA/SA trigger.

Avoid most 10mm 1911's, the STI's are overbuilt to compensate for the fact that the 1911 generally isn't strong enough to contain hot 10mm

what does unsupported chamber even mean?

t. poorfag Gen 3 owners

literally 0 proof of this
I've fired 100 rounds of super hot ammunition in a stock g20 and had 0 fails

That picture in the middle of the mauled hand is clearly an exit wound, like the dumbass shot himself

>muh glick brand gleck!
I pity you fools

Attached: my 1006.jpg (5344x3006, 3.09M)

>he’s still spouting the unsupported meme
>$300 extra for marginally worse performance
Okay, HKuck.

>trusting your life to a modern mass produced wheelgun that doesn't say MANURHIN on it.

Hot 10mm will down any animal in North America.

>micro roni
more like MACRO GAY

HK never made a 10mm USP, but people have converted USP's to .40.

HK never had a chance to desu, the G20 was the 4th Glock gun patent and was introduced in 1991, sweeping the 10mm market out from all other competitors.

G20's have always had fully supported chambers.

Everyone conflates the bullshit that happened because of the bad rep from the .40 short and gay conversions to the entire line - like the early G22.
But it wasn't a glock specific problem. Every early .40 that wasn't an HK was SHIT because they were all conversions of 9mm guns - S&W couldn't even get their first steel/3rd gen guns in.40 right and they designed the round

Enjoy your cracked frame jackass.
There is a reason why these didn't last long there Agent Dale Cooper

>>micro roni
It's an MCK.

>not trusting a Ruger Super Redhawk

with the stock spring or a heavier one?

>10mm

>10 mememeter