QTDDTOT

I'm torn on this one. I have an AR pistol in 300blk that I've put about $1200 into (pic related) but I want an arsenal ak or one of equal quality. Should I try and trade my AR for one?

Attached: 20190430_104002_HDR.jpg (4160x2340, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shopruger.com/Tri-Rail/productinfo/18362/
i.imgur.com/DE3sEGe.jpg
primaryarms.com/faxon-firearms-16-5.56nato-pencil-barrel-15a58m16npq
primaryarms.com/bravo-company-16in-5.56-nato-mid-enhanced-lightweight-barrel-bcm-brl-mid-16-elw-std
primaryarms.com/faxon-16in-556nato-mid-length-gunner-barrel-15a58m16ngq
primaryarms.com/daniel-defense-16-5-56nato-barrel-lightweight-mid-length-07-078-09136-018
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I say keep it, then save up and buy a 223/556 AK as well.

Whats the reasonable cost (read: poorfag) method of attaching a light to one of these?

Attached: pistol.jpg (1056x703, 55K)

Duct tape.

lol, considered but I can actually put SOME money into the problem to make it not stupid jankey. Currently considering one of those pic rail mounts that's off to the side and clamping a flashlight in that, only thing is that it would be kinda far back and would produce a huge blindspot shadow of the barrel assembly.

You won't even be able to sell that for $600. Much less trade for an Arsenal.

Are PSA lowers low shelf? Specifically that ATF meme lower they have right now

You could get one of those mounts that clamps onto the bayonet lug. Just look up bayonet lug flashlight mount.

zipties, flashlight mount that attaches to the handguard ventilation holes, rail block that attaches to the front sight

Wouldn't that kill the flashlight after like 1-3 rounds?

Currently wouldn't be able to save up for one in a timely manner, and I live in WA so if I get an ak I want to do it before the new bullshit laws go into effect in july. That is the main reason for wanting to trade it as well as wanting something cheaper to shoot

shopruger.com/Tri-Rail/productinfo/18362/
something like this would work

Is it a sin to put a cheap airshit or truglo sight on my ruger 10/22? Do I really need to spend over $100 on a scope so people don't laugh at me or make fun of me at the range?

>put $1200 into that
fucking how?
>BCM PNT
lmao

You will never get anywhere close to $1200 out of it if you try to trade.

only if you're buying chinkshit, there's a reason weapon mounted lights are so expensive
airshit will generally work with the recoil of a .22

Looking to buy first revolver. Want a .357 mag. Was looking at smith and wesson model 19s and 27s. What should I get?

Attached: B75A343D-B3DD-4C8D-BD75-0DB7D71F3EC3.jpg (4032x3024, 1.43M)

anyone know some photography tricks or something i can do to figure out this number? it should be a number and an imperial japanese navy anchor. best i can tell its 208 and no anchor.

i.imgur.com/DE3sEGe.jpg

223 AKs are great

Attached: 20190430_170843.jpg (584x342, 199K)

Are the new 22lr PPKs any good? If not what about the beretta tomcats?

Also why is the only true stainless shotgun out there an incredibly expensive Ruger? I’m still thinking of buying one, but come on.

Attached: 3409C901-4AF2-4D4F-8771-3BEED821CE38.jpg (800x532, 126K)

That thing looks like absolute shit and anyone dumb enough to give you 1200 bucks or trade you an arsenal should be shot with it so they can die embarrassingly by the hands of that abortion

>Should I try and trade my AR for one?
absolutely not frankenbuilds dont hold value is right

What's your definition of "good"? Reliable? Concealable? Fun? All of the above? None of the above?

100% this. sorry dude. meanwhile most arsenal aks have risen in price dramatically.

>have AR pistol
>put about $1200 into it

Using the transitive properties of Armslist by all means list it for $1800 and make sure everyone understands that YOUKNOWWUTYOUGOTNOLOWBALL

Reliable (at least in 22lr terms), and durable above all else. Good trigger, fit and finish are definitely pluses.

God damn i'm glad the 300 blackout, and first ar i've built looks nothing like yours. I spent either the same or within $100 less than you.

Looking at the externals it seems like you prioritized spending money on mostly functional things with a few vanity items. What kind of barrel?

Bayonet lug light mount

Attached: 47C4680A-6885-41C1-A567-9D722CBB6646.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Someone please answer me

A pal of mine trying to offload some guns offered me a WSAR-10 AK plus 700-1100 rounds of ammunition and about 12 magazines for 750$.

seems like an alright deal, even if the AK is bottom tier. I'd like to own an AK just to have one and see how it works, and use it as a range toy.

That’s an excellent deal

Don't remember atm and being at work I am unable to check, got it at a local shop that caters to the 80% market

they're fine

I value your expertise user, I think i'll go for it, the extras make it a solid deal at the least.

Attached: 1556072036165.png (446x649, 221K)

I've been looking into getting a Sig Romeo with the Juliet magnifier. Is it worth it to save my money for an Eotech or just get the Sig Romeo because I like the look of it?

Forgot pic for reference.

Attached: firefox_2019-04-30_22-38-58.png (338x228, 83K)

based VEPR Super gang

Attached: 750_6779.jpg (6016x2289, 1.44M)

You built a gun in .300 memeout but you can't afford an AK? How did you expect to shoot .300 memeout?

I own a romeo 5 and an EXPS3. The eotech is better, but at 4x the cost it isn't 4x better.

I can still afford it just not to shoot it enough as I would like and at the time when I built it I had a lot more disposal income. But due to my old lady being in med school and not working much I am having to cover more of the bills

3 questions.
How many rounds of a certain grain and type do you fire to figure out if your gun likes to feed it or not?

Like for example to find out if your glock 17 can feed Federal 9mm 115gr FMJ just fine.

Is it viable to keep all of this information logged in a book so you know for future reference? Do people do that or am I just autistic for thinking that much into it?

Usually a box or two 50-100
Sure why not, notepads are $2
Reloaders/Comp shooters can get anal about it for good reason, but you generally find the 3 or so brands that feed reliably through all of your guns and commit that to memory. Or tear off the face of a box and throw it in each guns respective cases.

Not gonna lie, thats actually brilliant.

Older model 27s are incredible. I would start there.

Attached: do it faggot.jpg (330x330, 25K)

A Magpul mlok rail section and a drill.

Anyone know what the turret front of the Type 90 looks like underneath the fabric?

I know they were concerned with keeping the weight down so I'm wondering if it even has steel plate exterior or if it's just a composite sandwich. I don't know why else they'd go to the effort of covering it all up.

Attached: JGSDF_MBT_Type_90_at_JGSDF_PI_center_3.jpg (2048x1536, 1.32M)

I bought an Acog on an impulse buy with my tax refund.
Did I fuck up?

Where can I buy hammer shrouds for j frame revolvers

Hose clamps from the dollar or hardware store. Use the area by the gas block/front sight

How does Jow Forums check for bore obstructions? I've been experimenting with some lower burn rate powders and have gotten more squibs than I would expect. Is there a better way to check this than opening the cylinder and glancing down the barrel?

A forged lower is a forged lower for the most part. You're almost always paying for a rollmark. Granted I did have an Anderson lower where mags didn't drop out of the magwel but they pulled out just fine. There was just enough friction to keep Pmags in or for aluminums to come out with a high speed operator flip.

I'm retarded. What is the CURRENT legal consensus on shouldering a pistol brace and could I get kicked out of a range for doing it? I'm less concerned about the feds and more concerned about some humungous faggot of a RO.

Attached: 1527968393509.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

>he had a return big enough to purchase an acog
>he had a return
You got played by the government is what you got.

How the fuck has no one recommended ranger bands? Finds an old bicycle inner tube and cut it 1" wide. Boom, super strong rubber band that will hold tight, and it even has Ranger in the name and everything.

Is A-OK at the moment as long as they can't prove you bought it for the express purpose of shouldering it.

Well of course not. I bought it to use as a brace obviously. Why would I buy the most stock like brace just to shoulder it?
>"Ranger _____"
>it's just nigger rigging
Are Rangers niggers?

Looking for a scope for a Winchester .30-30 with a tang rear sight.
I have either a Leupold 4x33 or a 6x36 in mind. Which would be the better choice for shots out to a maximum of 200yds?

its professional nigger rigging, presumably done by rangers

Attached: 1509154595187.jpg (350x454, 28K)

Is it true you get b& for saying custard? What's up with that

probably asking the wrong board but how do you guys deal with jury summons letters?

I'm a bolt gun noob. I want 6.5 creedmoor. What's the best rifle to get, I dont wanna spend too much but want a wood stock.

Get an acog

Go down to your LGS and shoulder a few and see what ones that you liked then come home and read about which one that fit you well had options you liked.

I'm looking to finish an AR build for my kids 10th birthday and I'm trying to figure out what to do for a barrel.
I really want to try and get light as possible, but I don't want to get raped in the process. I thought about going with a brace and a shorter barrel for him for a bit, but I don't want to scare him off with any recoil, he's not that big for his age, so ideally I'd be at a 16" barrel with a mid-length gas system and a rifle that was light enough for him to enjoyably maneuver.

Any thoughts on barrel profile, fluting, maybe just go short and call him a pussy for flinching? I'm at a loss on what to finally build out of the receiver set I bought for him.

When I say get raped on a barrel I mean I don't want to go get a proof research CF barrel, even though that basically solves all my problems, but $800 for a barrel is fucking crazy for a bounce around and shoot paper and a few dogs with.

So I can tell this sight is mounted on a picatinny rail, but what is the mount itself called?

Attached: IMG-20190501-WA0016.jpg (954x690, 219K)

cantilever mount

it's basically [pic-related] but mounted backwards because of brain damage presumably.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-01 Primary Arms High Cantilever 30mm Mount - Lower 1 3 Cowitness.png (937x460, 146K)

California user here. I'm torn between a Mini 14 and an SU-16. I'm in a more urban areas with some mostly developed woodland.

Poke a cleaning rod down the barrel.

two non-great choices, but of the two I'd go SU-16

45 gap glock: $400 after tax
9mm glock: $600 after tax

Why shouldnt I get the cheaper gun

Attached: 389A8CD1-4E5C-4118-93B5-595C0CAAFF6A.jpg (267x348, 32K)

And as for the why of it?

mini 14s have random accuracy issues, lel-keks are consistent, you just have to worry about the quality of the polymer furniture.

Would you rather have potential accuracy problems, or potential gun furniture problems?

Does anyone know where to get that hard foam for gun cases?

This thing is ridiculously accurate.

M1a scout

I'm trying to build an ultra-quiet suppressed pistol. I'm leaning toward a Mark IV tactical. With the ammunition I'm using, the pistol won't cycle reliably. Instead of having to clear a jam constantly, is there a way to convert the pistol to single-shot without fucking it up?

Midway, Brownell's

I saw your pic and thought it was just an ugly gun for us to all laugh at. Honestly if you find someone stupid enough you should sell it and start over and try not to build something so unnecessarily hideous.

Since there is no revolver general, I must ask here:

I recently started to take interest in old wheelguns, starting with the SAA, of course.

Now having fingerfucked some old-style ones, I wonder how exactly you line up the sights? You have no actual rear sight, but just some groove or whatever. Is it done like with regular rear sights by lining them all up or is there something special about it?

>tfw got the pioneer instead

It's pretty cool still, but the trigger and magazine release are just complete ass. The super looks much cooler.

Attached: 0025734_molot-vepr-pioneer-223-rem-caliber-rifle-with-walnut-stock_600[1].jpg (600x193, 10K)

gap is gay and the ammo is more expensive and harder to find.

Proof Barrels aren’t as good as their reputation.
Only about 3 out of every 5 PR barrels are actually as accurate as you would expect for the price. They have a real problem with consistency.

Hold your thumb over the back when you fire it.

I have a MarkIV light and it cycles every shitty round I've put through it including subs. What the fuck are you shooting that won't work?

16" faxon pencil barrel

Haven't bought the pistol yet. I shoot CCI suppressor and every other .22 I have has an issue with them.
This is why I'm here lol.

I narrowed it down to these:
primaryarms.com/faxon-firearms-16-5.56nato-pencil-barrel-15a58m16npq
primaryarms.com/bravo-company-16in-5.56-nato-mid-enhanced-lightweight-barrel-bcm-brl-mid-16-elw-std
primaryarms.com/faxon-16in-556nato-mid-length-gunner-barrel-15a58m16ngq
primaryarms.com/daniel-defense-16-5-56nato-barrel-lightweight-mid-length-07-078-09136-018

and I was thinking about the DD for the CHF or the Faxon pencil because 1.2 lbs is pretty fucking light.

Do you think the reduced recoil is worth it for a kid from the mid length gas over the shorter barrel with even less weight but more gas?

What’s wrong with gap besides the price and rarity

Attached: A9BADD5A-A92D-4C57-9132-1F56AEFB36BC.png (500x634, 168K)

I shoot the Mark IV suppressed with a switchback on it and seriously the shitty white box Winchester will cycle almost every time which is better than my 10/22 unsuppressed.

Make sure you work the mags and lube them a bit and it helps a ton.

It's alright user, you still got one of the best AKs to ever enter the US.

I wouldn't overthink it too much, the kid's 10, not a navy seal

It's the same as a .45 aarp. If that's what you are looking for just buy it and have a way bigger ammo selection.

Saw a police trade ar where he drilled and bolted on a small segment of rail on a 45 degree offset on a carbine handguard. Probably a cheap way to mount a light if you have some spare mlok or keymod rail segments floating around

Do you not understand how big a deal those two things are?

You're probably right. He's gotten really into going out and shooting with me lately and I was trying to not fuck it up by giving him something that doesn't work well for him.

Thanks!
A big enough deal that the guns are $200-300 off in price from one another.

Does anyone have a shaved Webley? Any experience in buying factory loads that are safe and what is the upper level of acceptable pressure? Is it still effective at those ranges?

what gun is this?

Attached: merlin_150314043_4acbb608-4686-490c-88f6-0bcd2644bb10-jumbo.jpg (1024x710, 131K)

Keltec RDB.