Thoughts on IWI Tavor X95?

I live in Canada, and this seems like a high-tier .223 rifle for what's available up here. Any better recommendations?

Attached: 158427-217262.jpg (460x460, 12K)

Never shot one, can't say anything
/Thread

Juden gatten

Better jews than muzzies.

why not get a T97? they're 1/3rd (or less) the price

Attached: t97_main1-660x287.jpg (660x287, 66K)

I've heard that the Norinco is unreliable and prone to failures.

Are you dead set on wanting a bullpup? We kind of have quite a few decent offerings at lower prices now with the 180C and SLRs. If you want pricy standard config there's always the ATRS modern sporter. Depending on how much you're going to shoot it you might be better off getting a Type 97 with flat top. Triggers decent on those, too.
Norinco is pretty shit but the value on gen 2 T97s is pretty high. Common problem is easily remedied by polishing the feed ramps, and isn't necessarily always needed.

looking for a non-res .223 plinker basically?
there are a bunch of other platforms that are cheaper. Too bad almost none of them will take STANAG magazines though
I thought about getting a tavor myself, but i ended up buying a nugget + crate of ammo before lebaron died

How easy would it be to acquire the Modern Sporter in Ontario?

Sounds like a jew/traitor.

The Kodiak Defense looks fucking sweet

Former muzzie. Go figure.

Order it online directly from ATRS. Might have to wait a bit though.

if you buy a tavor you are probably braindead.

Ever since norinco resolved the original gen 1 issues with the T97, it performs better in almost every category (except ergos, which can be somewhat rectified by the t97.ca lower).

And it does this at a 1/3rd the price. My T97 is the most reliable gun I own, even more than my AR. I've done 3000-4000 rounds through it with ZERO stoppages.

The only other downside I can think of is that it destroys brass and you may have to crimp the back of LAR mags.

I enjoy having access to readily available replacement parts personally. Nothing wrong with the 97 though.

Don't need replacement parts if it doesn't break and you still have enough in the budget to buy 2 parts guns.

I'd rather just go with the better gun and still have access to parts later on the off chance they were ever needed.

Can't you guys get xcr's in leafland?

SAR looks cooler but has a worse trigger

>chink garbage rod
no thanks

Yeah. They were fairly popular up until we got more offerings in the same class. XCR is kind of outclassed now because it's not as modular what with the whole monolithic upper compared to things like the ATRS sporters and SLRs.

They're not bad. I still prefer the Tavor by a wide margin but for what they are and at the price point they're pretty good.

the cgn meltdown when they found out the X95 is less accurate than the T97 was great

Pick what you like and what you want to spend OP you're never going to get honesty debating these stupid guns

Attached: typical kangen thread.jpg (925x583, 153K)

Shit accuracy.

Reports on inaccuracy are greatly exaggerated. Just make sure you get a latest gen one (with an IDF charging handle and dual extractors), and you can expect ~2MOA, sometimes better with bulk M193. I have honestly never had a group that wasn't less than 3MOA. Regardless of what ARfags tell you, they're probably not getting much better than that without spending IWI money either.
Get a $30 flat buttplate for super comfy LOP.
It really is a great rifle, though I'm not sure if it's worth the price tag new, see what you can save buying used. I got a great deal just putting out a WTB ad.

Just don't put a Mepro on it, they are advertised as parallax free but are decidedly NOT, which is where I think a lot of the "inaccuracy" comes from. Which is too bad, if not for the parallax shift they would be good sights.

The Gen2 T97s are great value. You might have to do some magwell filing/feedramp polishing, but you get similar accuracy (~2MOA) for the drawbacks of weird trigger/controls, no thumb safety, pinned muzzle device, no spare parts availability-
Not that I think you'll need them, I haven't heard of one breaking yet.

Just be aware that there is a difference between the FTU and the Gen2.
The FTU is a gen 1 modified for a rail, the Gen2 comes with a rail from the factory and has a pile of other small upgrades as well.

Attached: mag.png (686x648, 1.04M)

An example of taking a good thing and ruining it for no good reason

Tavor SAR =balanced reliable weapon, about 2MOA accuracy.
Tavor X95 = 4moa trash.
BUT IT'S LIGHTER AND HAS CONTROLS MORE LIKE AN AYYYARRR

Take out the return spring if you're not innadesert and it fixes the issue. SAR was great, x95 A SHIT.

>Norinco is unreliable and prone to failures.
Hasn't been my experience. They'll have the odd malfunction but are generally reliable, if a little rough around the edges. On the other hand, the X95 is extremely reliable; any time, any mags, any ammo (even the cheapest steel cased), it'll work. It's the one high mark of the gun; it's on the heavy side, pricey, and not accurate at all, but by God it will shoot when you need it to.

MY X95 shoots at least as well as my "SAR" ever did, ~2MOA

All the changes they made were pretty well thought out.

The SAR's charging handle is in a nicer spot BUT
It needs a really long transfer bar that comes in at an odd angle and will flex against the gas block. Pull it out and I guarantee you'll see scrape marks. This makes it VERY stiff to charge, and the handle itself is prone to breaking because of it's leaf spring retention putting pressure on a thin strip of polymer.
Also, where do you mount a light? You can mount it 12 O'Click but it's kinda awkward to reach, the gun wasn't actually designed to have a rail there. You can mount it on the opposite side, but how do you activate it? How do you get a pressure pad wire to the opposite side without interfering with the charging handle or getting snagged on the bottom?

The X95's charging handle bar is short, runs parallel to bolt travel, and (The levered IDF one) locks in tight with a detent.

The X95's flat bottomed handguard is way easier to rest on sandbags or barricades, and the smaller-profile cutlass grip interferes noticeably less in those positions as well, while still giving you mostly the same points of contact.

The AR mag release is definitely a downgrade but they didn't have much choice, with the shorter space between the pistol grip and the magwell, you couldn't put that mag release there. It's a compromise, and anyone who tells you "it's just like an AR" is lying. But the shorter LOP is nice and probably worth it.