Heritage Rough Rider

So my 21st birthday is coming up and I'm thinking I might get a Heritage Rough Rider for cheap fun, anyone have experience with these? They seem well recommended for their price and I'm currently a mild poorfag.

>Is there any particular model I should look for? Are the grips decent quality? Wood/ Mother of pearl?
>Is there a significant ballistics/ accuracy difference between the available barrel lengths or is it just aesthetics?
>Adjustable irons or big dick front blade?
>What store might actually carry these? Cabelas, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bi-mart? Do I have to order them online to an FFL?

Attached: RR22MB6AS_2.jpg (700x330, 27K)

For $100 you cannot go wrong. They're popular Black Friday sales items to bring in the crowds after Thanksgiving. When they're $200+ I cannot recommend them. Finish is kind chintzy and everything about them screams cheap. I have one and it is a lot of fun for backyard plinking and is reasonably accurate.

Attached: The Big Iron.jpg (710x654, 68K)

I've come close a couple times, but always decided to hold off. They seem nice enough for the price, but I'd wait and see how the ruger wrangler is when it hits shelves personally. It'll be a touch more expensive, but it's backed by a company known for solid customer service. I intend to pick one up, but it isn't my first gun so I get that you may not want to wait for that.

>Is there any particular model I should look for?
the one with real fucking sights
>Are the grips decent quality?
no
>Wood/ Mother of pearl?
doesnt matter
>Is there a significant ballistics/ accuracy difference between the available barrel lengths?
no
>Adjustable irons or big dick front blade?
big dick front blade looks right but sucks absolute shit to use. ive given up on it completely and Kentucky windage the whole thing.

its a cheap gun dont kid yourself in to thinking its more than that.
for what your paying its better than it should be but its still disposable.

I love mine dude. 6.5 regular sights. I did add a fiber optic tube at rear sight. It helps sharpen the front blade crystal clear. I use it one handed fucking around but for serious shooting I will bust out the Caldwell Pistolero and the thing fucking kicks ass out to 125 yards on steel plates. Don't bother getting the 22 WMR cylinder. Saves your shekels for more .22LR bricks.

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-102104__01.jpg (1080x1025, 212K)

Used a tiny dab of hot glue, and some eBay red fiber tube. I can remove it, and the glue in like 5 seconds. It's really only helpful past ~60 yards seated, elbows on bench, focusing on 6 inch plates

Attached: Screenshot_20190420-102116__01.jpg (1644x1080, 453K)

Any idea when the Ruger Wrangler comes out? I own a 10/22 and 870, and have access to a G19 so I might be willing to wait if it's soon. Am mostly interested in either a revolver that I can shoot cheaply, no preference on DA/ SA.

Thanks, I realize that the finish isn't going to be great. I suppose I should go for adjustable irons, I've seen reviewers say that their irons were off, and I'd rather not have to file them or hold.

>125 yards on steel plates
Kek, very impressive desu

I have two. I got them from a PSA sale for just under 100 a piece. They are going to probably arrive a bit scuffed up with some finish wear, but you get what you pay for. They're a lot of fun to shoot and the sound they make when cocking is fantastic. Also, you can buy 22mag cylinders but do some ballistic research before deciding on that purchase.

get the 16"

Attached: 60819-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x700, 45K)

Is that fucking real?

mine cannot get through a cylinder without having some horrible jam that requires me to take the cylinder out

Attached: 1546025286761.jpg (464x618, 24K)

of course it is

Attached: jokers.png (736x361, 580K)

How does a revolver, jam?

bad timing, broken pawl, ammo backing out. plenty of ways for one to fuck up. however if everythings in good condition it shouldnt be an issue.

Revolvers are pretty complicated despite the memes, plenty of things to go wrong especially being cheaply made

They are available, you just have to keep your eye out. I bought one from smga.com yesterday, hopefully it will be here by the weekend.

Incorrectly seated primer

i find the 3" with birds head grips very asthetic

Attached: RR22MB3BH-2.jpg (400x249, 41K)

Save up for the new ruger .22 SA that's basically a RR but better

>Incorrectly seated primer
>rimfire cartridge

your knowledge exceeds your experience

Reread your question friend.

That's kind of cool. I don't have the "regular" model (I think), I wonder how those grips would look on it

Er, I DO have the "regular" model*

I couldn't ever find what velocity comes from the 6.5" but the fact that 22wmr costs as.mich as 9mm stopped me from getting the cylinder. Also heard the pin gets a little seized after years of 22 magnum

I have one and im glad I bought it. Accurate enough for plinking, ammo is cheap, and its fun in both .22 and 22 mag. Id recommend getting the 6 shot over thw 9 shot. The 9 shot cylinder is just a bit off for loading purposes.

you cant swap grips to that style you buy a gun like that or you dont.

Powder coated single action army clone? Fuck no. At least the heritage is genuinely BLUED. Even if it's not a good bluing, it's a fucking cowboy gun. If you nit pick little details on quality, you ain't no cowboy

>literally has a manual safety

lmao I'll take the ruger

>At least the heritage is genuinely BLUED.
haha the barrel sure the frames painted zinc

Sorry but with the 4.5" barrel you're not going to be plinking plates at 100y and 125y with me and my rr.

Unless you drill an RMR mount on the Ruger which I can foresee people doing. Then it powder burn is still the weak link in the long range Pistolero equation. :( Wish they went at least 5.5"

Attached: swc250.jpg (600x600, 104K)

You can just flip the safety off ONCE in the entire lifetime of the gun

Still nit picking little details. You better get yourself a nickel plated Beretta kek

Attached: 398399360_tp.jpg (400x240, 16K)

Love mine. Pic related is 6 one handed at 21 ft.
Fun as fuck.

Attached: 041C7CF7-DA5F-4935-97B6-FBB3C8DD4A64.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

I recommend a GSG 22 instead or a different 22 something similar to what you plan to carry

I have GSG firefly cause I carry a p226 elite

Nice to be able to practice 22 on the same gun essentially

The best $109.00 I've ever spent. Black Friday sale. Cheap to shoot and you can always upgrade later. Just be sure you have it in the second hammer click before you rotate the cylinder. It will jam but just give the hammer a tap with a stick or screwdriver handle. It will unjam easily. Some even come with a coupon for the mag cylinder...even more fun.

Not sure if big iron...

This never made sense to me you either shoot handguns well or you do not regardless of grip angles and what not you either need more practice OR you suck OR You are a competent shooter. of course if your pinky dangles off the grip and the barrel is short accuracy will suffer. If the barrel is long and grip fits all fingers you should be able to drill bulls eyes

Its hideous and tacky.

>nit picking details

Like not buying a gun because its cerakote?

Cerakotes great and itll hold up

So is zinc go look at your fence outside it's galvanized steel

Its aluminum alloy no?

The barrel is chf steel, the cylinder frame is alum and the grip frame is zincish alloy.

yes real

Men just the grip. Doesnt matter to me a lot at least its cheap.

Ruins a bit of the heirloom quality and second cool tho

I mean, at least it's not a near- $1000 plastic HK

How long have you had yours? Most of the ones I've seen lately come with both cylinders. Even the cheap ones.

You can order one now.

The safety is actually nice because it lets you dry fire.

Christmas 2017,they had them with both cylinder but cheaper in my case to buy separate. Just a few dollars difference but I'm a cheapfag.

An HRR was my first pistol. Don't have it anymore because my dad killed himself with it.

Anyways, Ruger just released the Wrangler, a $250 MSRP aluminum single-six sorta thing with a transfer bar and a free-spin pawl. I would recommend that, you get way better Ruger customer service and it's safer to carry and easier to load.

Attached: RugerWrangler.jpg (1500x766, 152K)

>genuinely BLUED
>cast Zinc alloy

my condolences user