AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Fine art edition

Old

Attached: 57591676_224337161857598_8685634099762105914_n.jpg (1080x1080, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

primaryarms.com/primary-arms-2-5x-compact-ar15-scope-with-patented-cqb-acss-reticle-pac2-5x
evike.com/index.php?cPath=25_106_286
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that you

Okay its time for the ar pistol to stop

nice tactical back freckles

>Pistol brace
>Dickmod
>Aero rollmark
> flat face trigger
Jesus christ

Why you haet ar pistol

>BRACES ARE JUST AS GOOD

Bros. Is anyone else pumped for the new 12.3" BA Hanson barrels from Ballistic Advantage? I really want to do another build now that they released them.

Attached: IMG_20180830_055900865.jpg (3024x4032, 2.09M)

no sights
no problem

Would a 10.5" Faxon Socom barrel be more or less accurate than your standard 16" barrel from PSA?

I have an existing cheap PSA gun with MBUS and red dot installed and sighted in, a separate 2.4x sight, and a pistol build with the Faxon barrel and no sights.

Wondering if i should move the red dot and MBUS over to the pistol build, and the 2.4x to the PSA gun.

God bless America.

A unicorn buttfucking a conehead, drawn by Pablo Dickasso. Check that box.

Attached: 6s58d4gf6sa54df6as8d4f6as8df74.jpg (2420x1210, 1.08M)

>2.4x scope
Weird

>ergo grip

Based

Gay grip, cool everything else

Why have such a nice scope on such a short barrel? Do you not know how physics work?

In the famous last words of Giles Corey
“More weight”

Attached: 13FE899D-C26F-4449-89C2-CDECAD2EC4A3.jpg (3536x1536, 1.47M)

Google says it's a fudd optic. Just let the noob build their weird babby first gun.

My bad, its a 2.5x scope from Primary arms
primaryarms.com/primary-arms-2-5x-compact-ar15-scope-with-patented-cqb-acss-reticle-pac2-5x

>inb4 poorfag

Just need a a bipod and canted sights. You're almost dipshit tier with the accessories on that thing.

Shorter barrels are generally more rigid and therefore more accurate. However, their range can be limited by the limited powder burn time, giving you less velocity, and less overall range.

Also, Faxon makes some pretty good barrels, and both Faxon and PSA are more accurate than purpose built sniper rifles from WW2.

Now that those are covered, I would put the scope on the 16" and the red dot on the pistol.

Primary Arms are breddy good, especially for the money you pay.
>inb4 acog
Go away with your shitty eye relief.

not everyone shits their pants if they aren't shooting one inch groups with their 24" barrel at 50 yards from a bench rest, bubba

Gissele mk14 rails any good? They dont bend, do they?
I need a 13" rail

Faxon Carbon fiber
Anything else is poorfaggotry or larp.

Thanks. Wasn't sure which gun would make the most out of the [slightly] longer range sights.

I would like to get something better, eventually. I have shot at least 800 rounds with a Trijicon and I liked it a lot, but way too expensive for my budget.

nice digits for a nice gun

Attached: DSCN2182s.jpg (2698x1512, 1.46M)

LMT grip is growing on me.

I do. Are you implying 16 power lacks utility at 600-1000 yards? The MWS' quick change barrel capability provides for lots of possibilities.

Attached: 684dfsg68a4sfg68d4fg6dsf8g4.jpg (1492x1468, 1.04M)

here, anyone got any suggestions for me?

nothing desu. elcan can be comparable but its almost twice the price of a cog.

Just walking the path paved before me.

How are you digging the atacr?

Kahles k16i, Leupold Mk6, or Vortex Razer?

k16i

PA 1-6

are LWRC rifles any good? Their piston guns are one of the few I can get in Maryland.

Talk me out of it.

Attached: lower.receiver_ecomm_1.png (470x1000, 109K)

I have one of these unused I was gonna dump on arfcom ee

>sling attached on the left at the front and on the right at the back

Why is it like that?

it's made in salem

alright that's kind of what i was expecting, thanks mate. the lowest price elcan is actually at a similar pricepoint, but when it comes down to it i think i'd really just rather go with the cog, which i know from personal experience is near indestructible while relying on no electronics.

Sling goes over right shoulder behind back and comes back on the left side to meet rifle handguard. That way rifle is kept flat across your body and you can quickly grab it by the grip.

It's a rebranded adm, should be good

Make an A1gery out of it

it is what it is man, trijicon pretty much covered that niche

Oh, that's pretty cool.

Burris AR-332

Attached: ballistic_cqreticle_dia.jpg (423x252, 24K)

since the verdant genesis, side by side as equals. not one before or behind the other.

Attached: DSCN2207.jpg (2272x908, 998K)

Comfort, ease of use, slings/carries well, can swap shoulder without de-slinging or resorting to turboshit single point, general personal preference.

Attached: 6er4g6e554ge65g4e65g4.jpg (2420x1815, 1.15M)

Nice image.

What can is that? Rugged Micro30?
SLR rail?
Gun looks good. Needs a good optic.

What is the length of that scope?

Attached: DSC03743.jpg (3672x2227, 3.43M)

Are JP Enterprise ARs any good?

Hi wuggy. /arg/ has been boring without you

>tattoo's of fake sbr's made specifically for handicapped amputees
>fat
wew

Attached: 1554155438884.jpg (540x720, 99K)

>since the verdant genesis, side by side as equals. not one before or behind the other
What is that from?

Yes. Question is are they worth the price tag. I'mho no, but if you're loaded and want a good gun and no bullshit trying to do a build it's not a bad rifle by any means

I have a Steiner M332. Similar to the Burris prism optics but produced in Germany with good Schott glass. The glass is noticeably better than Burris, Vortex, PA prisms, noticeably brighter and crisper across entire FOV. It's cheaper than ACOG, certainly doesn't look as durable but still solid.

Attached: opplanet-steiner-m332-prism-sight-3x32-reticle-7-62-black-8788-7-62-main.png (624x612, 320K)

i just made it up. in reference to both of us having a green mws. sounded elegant in my head

Thank you for you assessment!

Oh wuggy
If you want an mars h lower compatible upper, buy a poverty laurel lunchbox kac, and sell the lower

Attached: 49778707_547199412430678_3133425497627229576_n.jpg (1080x720, 59K)

You'd get a shitload of memepoints if you uploaded this to the atge subreddit

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 9.32.16 PM.png (680x610, 543K)

thanks for the suggestions, but i don't trust electronic optics. i'm looking for something that competes directly to the ACOG in that it is fully mechanical.

I dont do plebbit pham, why dont you

O hi, wgws, yes, it's the micro 30, you've even had some input a year ago.
I attach an ultraheavy 1-8 to it sometimes, but only at outdoor range.

How do you like the acog + offset micro? Is it not too much?

>buy a poverty laurel lunchbox
Where

>>arfcom

I shot next to a guy with a brake on sunday. Left ear seems to have some mild tinnitus. Im so fucking over brakes next time I will either get a different lane or leave.

Just built my first upper.
Faxon stripped upper
Faxon 14.5 gunner barrel
Faxon bolt headspaced and laser engraved as a matching pair with barrel
Faxon 13" carbon handguard
Brownells light weight titanium BCG with DLC coating
V seven titanium flash hider
V seven titanium barrel nut
V seven aluminum dust cover and rod
V seven aluminum forward assist (the tooth that engages the BCG is still steel)
V seven enhanced cam pin
Iron City titanium firing pin
Superlative arms adjustable gas block
Spikes melonited mid length gas tube
Pictured next to my Wolf A1 piston upper. Lower is a PSA I built previously. I will get a gucci lower for my gucci upper soon. Then I will have one gucci build and one filthy poverty build (PSA lower, Wolf upper). The new upper is so much lighter than the Wolf its crazy how different they feel.
Leaning towards a stripped LMT Mars lower. I want to stick with forged over billet receivers.

Attached: 20190430_202334.jpg (3264x1836, 2.35M)

>big bag of memes
>gucci

i have some bad news for you user

So relatively new to owning ARs, is this a normal amount of marring on the deflector after about 150 rounds?

Attached: ar 15 shell deflector .png (666x467, 620K)

Get better hearing protection. I have been next to ARs with brakes many times. Yeah it is loud. But it's more the blast concussion that is distracting in my opinion. My hearing protection still blocks the sound good enough. It's the pressure wave hitting my face and distracting me from aiming that annoys me.

yes. it's just brass residue. clean it off with a pencil eraser if it bothers you.

Gay as hell looking. If you care about the bigger bolt catch get a geissele maritime.

Ah, neat good to know. It doesn't bother me, I just didn't know what to expect

I wanted to build it 100%. Not just buy something. I know I can just buy a BCM and have a good upper. I wanted something that was mine.

Was using howard leight impact sports. Guess I gotta step it up.

Double up with foam plugs if you need to.

Yep. It is not marring, just brass that has been knocked off of casings as they bounce off of it. You could probably wipe it off with your thumb and some force.

Nice unicorn, bro!

Attached: received_2005391879771215.jpg (1920x998, 179K)

This
Plugs and electronic ear muffs are GOAT.

got this in today from the FFL, now i just need to wait ten years for larue to ship my upper

Attached: lower.jpg (1504x2016, 781K)

I got the noisefighters silicone gel pads for mine. I think it helps improve the sound dampening by having the glasses not break the seal against your head. They are comfy.

The burris has red and green in battery mode and it is etched black when they are off. I have one that is why I recommended it even over the acog as a former a 11b. Pick what you like in the end I would say try to look behind one before purchasing anything.

Anyone know the cheapest unbranded lower.
Or at least a lower that doesn't have a logo on it?
I can handle some writing like manufacturing info, but I don't want a advertiser logos on it

Imo they are lmt / kac tier

a 80%

What are the best options for a JUST AS GOOD rail for 11.5" barrel?

Shoot with it enough and you get used to it, I thought I never would now my 10.3 with a brake doesn’t phase me it makes other guns easy to shoot especially if your a fincher the exposure

Want to avoid that route

Why that safety switch you have all the negatives of an ambi safety and no positives.

SLR rifleworks has a ton of size options which is cool. They make them in just about every half inch from like 5" to 15" so you can get exactly what youbwant.

evike.com/index.php?cPath=25_106_286

the issue is that i'm not sure i'd be able to find one locally to actually look through. the only optics i've ever actually looked through are the cog, the shitty old m68 aimpoints,and the eotech. detested the aimpoint and while i liked the eotech more, the ones we had in the armory never held their zeroes under rough handling. i absolutely loved the cog though, and with that i at least know 100% what i'm getting. thanks for the recommendation on the burris though, i'll definitely try and see if any shop has them locally before i pull the trigger on the cog. it'd be really nice to save that extra ~$500

>airsoft
Have fun with a handguard made from cheese metal.

Burris is nowhere near ACOG quality, dude is fucking with you

he wanted "just as good"

Burris is nice my dude it has a adjustable focus and a more forgiving eye box then the Acog. I preferred 68's whenever I had the choice. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

What is: identifying friend from foe more easily

But you don't have friends. None of us do which is why were here

What’s the consensus on MLOK anons? I have a couple friends saying that swapping out attachments is a painstaking task, and that it’s not worth the saved weight. Is it best to stick with picatinny?