Does 40 short &weak have and puprose now that .357 sig exists?

It doesn't seem like it. There is literally no downside to it. 40s are being offloaded like crazy at my LGS.

Attached: 357sig.jpg (2272x1704, 678K)

It never had a purpose.

>nerfing 10mm power for women and bitch hands

It definitely had it's purpose. 10mm is pretty hard to handle for the majority.

40 S&W hit around '90. Speer didn't introduce gold dots for 9mm until '95. Federal HST was '02. Maybe Winchester Ranger was out there before either, but I don't think there were very many satisfactory duty loads in 9mm from '90 until '95, and even then, people were still skeptical.

> implying sig .357 has a purpose
kek

Attached: SB-762x25-TOKarov-s-o__13033.1548562453.jpg (1000x790, 151K)

9x25 would like to know your location.

In a store, on the ammo isle? Why aren't you here?

oh shid, shots fired!

I wish glock would makes a double stack that could run this shit. I'd dump my 5.7, maybe.

tfw no tok glock

Attached: 1555211537507.jpg (605x800, 139K)

>a round for those to whom 10mm is too spicy

9 also happens to be less than 10.

.40 is being offloaded because well designed moderately expanding 9mm does just as good in the real world. I love .357 sig more than just about anybody, but it isn't the caliber that old .40 users are switching to, people are ditching it for 9mm because they realize it isn't the low bar for adequacy anymore.That being said, i do agree that .357 sig is the nail in the coffin of .40 S&W being a dead end. Its one advantage over 9mm was better post barrier performance, and .357 sig BTFOs it in that category in terms of raw potential. If you need a caliber with better post barrier performance than modern 9mm, then a properly tailored hot .357 sig load is just about the only choice that makes any sense as a duty cartridge ignoring lalaland ideas like 10mm or hardcast loads.
>.45 ACP tier OAL precludes use in 9mm/.40/.357 sized frames
>.357 sig is roughly 1.5x heavier and 1.4x more powerful with 125gr loadings
>0 market support
Literally no competition. 7.62x25mm is a neat cartridge and was good for its time in its own little niche. It's time has passed.

357 SIG doesn't have a purpose either.

762 tok is AP tho

Meh. 357 Sig is louder and snappier than 9 and 40 while offering the same mag capacity as 40 and the same bullet as 9. The cartridge that promises to do everything better actually compromises on more than it's two competitors. I can get 18 freedom seeds in a full sized/duty sized 9mm or 15 in a compact. I can get bullets that expand to almost 0.8" with 16" of penetration in 40. In either case I get lesa recoil and muzzle blast and quicker followup than the 357. Don't get me wrong. I think it's a cool cartridge. But is isn't making any other chamberings obsolete.

Splatting bunnies is a purpose, user.

Attached: 65gr XD @ 2250+fps, from .357sig longboi.jpg (2752x3096, 3.85M)

>louder
True, but not a problem.
>snappier
You're either making shit up or shooting some pathetically underloaded .40.

>.40 S&W pistols are being dumped across the board. Although I've been tempted by some of the deals, I just can't justify the expense of adding another caliber-- an unpopular one-- to the pistol collection I'm already shooting: .22s, .22lr, .25acp, 9mm, .38spl, .357mag, and .45acp. If I were to add a new caliber, I'd go with .380acp or .454 Casull, but 10mm isn't out of the question, either.

If I was starting over, perhaps I'd buy a nice .40 for cheap, stockplie a couple thousand rounds and get back into reloading, but it strikes me the the .40 S&W is a dead round.

No, I am right on both accounts and both are real world issues as reported by gun owners and LE agencies. Try to keep your emotions out of the debate.

Sheeeeeeit.

This isn't about emotions, you're simply wrong.

Are there any field reports on the use of Xtreme Defenders on Tyrones? I want autopsy reports.

It looks like this bullet has everything going for it, except real world vetting.

You dont need 357 to kill a little fucking rabbit. Irresponsible to ruin that meat too.

>loudness doesnt matter without ear pro or enclosed spaces
>gun blast isnt real
>recoil isnt real

Not even that guy but youre a retard.

No, but it is obsolete by 10mm autos existence.

.357 sig strikes me as a competitor for 9mm

I just want the glock 50 to be chambered in .500 automax. That is my deepest wish for their company.

10mm isnt realistic? What the fuck? Why?

Also, 10mm auto extreme defenders will make it cleanly through a cinder block, I don't have a .357 sig to test but +p+ 44 magnum hardcast loads and 9mm +p+ extreme defenders couldn't manage to do that.

Attached: just-a-dog-eating-ice-cream-to-make-your-day-27129407.png (500x663, 156K)

10mm gang removes every single advantage .357 sig has over 10mm.

Over. 40*

Get a 10mm and plink with cheap .40

357sig was never a serious round. It has always been a boutique round for hipster faggots like you. It's in the same category as 45gap.

.40 short and weak never had a life.
But all handgun rounds are pretty bad at stopping people, the only difference is how easy it is to shoot and capacity, which 9mm wins.
So the best way to spot a retard is they carry something other than 9mm

>nerfing 10meme
Considering the fact that 10meme does nothing terminally that 9 does, it was never really nerfed.

>an unpopular one

On people, none that I'm aware of. On human-sized animals (hogs and deer, instead of itty bitty bunnies), yes, see for some autopsy videos.

>you dont need
SHALL

>all handgun rounds suck equally, lel
>so pick 9mm, it wins on my own two criteria despite not having the highest capacity or lowest recoil
Such a half-assed argument, this is why nobody likes you.

Attached: 13-wojak_00.w710.h473.2x.jpg (1420x946, 57K)

10mm was already nerfed before the .40 even existed, dummy.

Attached: great again.jpg (261x193, 7K)