Is having a ND normal? at least for new gun owners?

Is having a ND normal? at least for new gun owners?

>Bought a SIG P226 for my first gun
>Been playing with it, and shot a hole in my room about twice already

I keep forgetting to not put my finger on the trigger.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u2.jpg (454x550, 32K)

>ND’d twice already
You actual fucking dunce.

Whose got the screen cap of guy who green texted all his horrendous NDs.

Don't need to be rude, not everyone is perfect like yourself.

Clear your gun before fucking with it moron.

Sell your guns before you become a statistic for grabbers.

I have been shooting for over 25 years and never had an ND. WTF.

That's a lie, having a ND is normal.

No.

it stands for NEGLIGENT discharge, not normal discharge, you fucking mouth breather.

people who say they have never had it happen to them are noguns

>remove/clear magazine
>clear chamber
>commence finger fucking
Is it really that hard? I've never drilled a hole in my hand so I guess I don't own a drill.

>playing with an empty gun

What a boring sob.

Negligently discharging into your mom is the greatest regret of my life. Now get off the internet and go to bed.

ND a compound bow twice. Never a gun though.

this: If you have a ND you're a fucking moron. It is absolutely not normal to have NDs, ever.

you're a literal SHITHEAD. you should sell that gun and never buy another gun again. you will kills either yourself or a member of your family. and you don't wanna live knowing you killed someone you love because you're a total shithead.

Yes and this isnt normal
I have only nd'd once in my life, when I was 19, and I have owned guns since I was 14

>about

on easter. picked on my dad for his a while back that morning too. played with hk p30. emptied it. put magazine back in while bullshitting with dad. shoot through wall over my bro in other room. big retard move. but I made a necklace out of the casing for my brother. he wears it everywhere and it reminds me not to lose attention and be an idiot.

Listen here you absolute fucking messiah of morons, it takes two seconds, exactly two fucking seconds to make sure beyond any doubt that a firearm is or is not loaded, you bull back the slide or bolt and look inside the magazine and chamber, that's fucking it.
I can understand how that would be difficult to comprehend for someone whose shit brained mother thought that the afterbirth was the actual baby and tried to raise it into something that remotely resembled a human being, but for anyone who has a chromosome number above that which can be counted on a single hand the concept of taking two seconds to look inside a gun instead of just pulling the trigger the second they pick it up is normal behaviour that means most people who own guns will not have an ND.

Attached: 1469131798934.jpg (700x526, 81K)

overreacting much...

This.

That's pretty good. I've only been shooting and owning guns for 12 years and no NDs.

If you ever have an ND in a place such as a neighborhood or public area you should be barred from owning guns for the rest of your pathetic life. You have proven yourself to be poorly trained and incompetent. Me and every other gun owner I know along with a lot of user here have never had an ND after decades. It is completely unacceptable.

They've happened a few times

>At friends apartment at college. Just bought my first pistol from a gun show (I was 18)
>Drinking with friends
>Show them my new Jericho
>Try to manually decock
>Thumb slips on hammer, ND into celling
>Upstairs neighbors too high and drunk (underage and illegal drugs) to call the police.

Second time
>At range
>Showing friend pistol
>Think gun is unloaded
>Point at ground show him how to wrack and pull the trigger.
>Forgot loaded mag in
>Shoot between his feet

Third time
>At parents house.
>Just bought a sig from a guy
>Get home
>Try swapping slides with another sig I had
>Forgot the other sig slide was chambered.
>Pull trigger
>Shoot parents wall

Fourth time
>At my new house
>Playing with a friend's 5.56 AK
>Release bolt
Slam fires round into ground

Fith time
>Showing a friend how to use it
>No idea how but a round got chambered
>Show him how the trigger works,
>Pull trigger
>Shoots round into floor in the same place as before

Sixth time
>Thought maybe the house was haunted
>Grab a sig
>Physically clear it, (racked the slide 3 times) with no magazine in
> pull trigger at the same hole
>Round goes off

Turns out the sig's extractor got stuck somehow something got I to the spring

Seventh time
>Friend brings over a used Glock wants me to look over it
>I grab it and pull the trigger without clearing it
>Didn't even realize the thing was loaded.

Eighth time
>Friend brings over his transferable Mac 10
>I had no idea how open bolt guns worked.
>He's showing it off to me
>I put a loaded mag it and decided to try and release the bolt (I thought it shot from a closed bolt)
>Pulled the trigger for some reason
>Shot 3 rounds into my wall

Overall you shouldn't feel too bad about NDs. It's part of owning guns, and you should get used to them.

Physically end yourself, and not with a gun.

>Overall you shouldn't feel too bad about NDs. It's part of owning guns, and you should get used to them.
No.

Never had a negligent discharge. The only time I've ever been handling a gun and had an "Oh fuck, that's not good" moment was when I was 16 and I was finger fucking my older brothers handgun while he wasn't home. When I did a press check to see if it was loaded I accidentally pulled the slide back too far and it started to double feed when I released the slide again and the thing jammed up super bad. I managed to clear it, made sure the round wasn't damaged, them re-chambered it and decided not to touch it anymore without asking first.
>pic related is me reading the OP

Attached: stares-in-disbelief.png (500x311, 195K)

>if a 5 year old can't properly handle a gun, car, airplane, etc. they should be banned for life
Imagine being this retarded.

Newfags detected lul

Happened once or twice with my bolt action rifles, i feel like it's a normal part of learning your tools. Just like a motorcycle, who will EVENTUALLY crash, it's the same with guns (same concept).

Attached: yikes.png (332x246, 193K)

>merely pretending

>can't identify old pasta

ITT: retards who can't take the 3 sec to look at and physically touch the chamber to see if there is a round in it

Someone literally mentioned this as the second reply to this post.

How do you still have friends? I wouldn't want to be in the same state with you and a loaded firearm.

When I first got my CC I got belligerently drunk and field stripped my S&W at a friends apartment to show them. Luckily, I had no ND but it was the dumbest thing I've done with a gun and my friends still shame me as they should.

have sex.

How the hell do you ND twice in such a short period of time? Do you ever check that the chamber is empty? Do you always have a magazine in it?