Any security clearance anons here? Should I be truthful about my past drug use...

Any security clearance anons here? Should I be truthful about my past drug use? I am getting a security clearance and if it gets denied I am fucked. I am thinking of saying I used drugs, but saying I used them less than I actually did. This is for a secret level clearance from the DoD, but what I am most worried about is that I might move up to top secret in a few years and get polygraphed.

Attached: ic1bg5os4gv21.jpg (563x636, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dni.gov/index.php/ncsc-how-we-work/ncsc-security-executive-agent/ncsc-continuous-evaluation-overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck no. Why would you admit to it?

If I get polygraphed they would probably find out. Also they ask random people from my past and there's a good chance one of them saw me at a party or something smoking.

Only for t/s they do interviews

Does your drug use disqualify you? If you're gonna say you did less than you actually did you might regret not telling the whole truth because it would come up in the polygraph later anyway. If you anticipate a poly or hair test be honest if you don't then just say nothing.

Don't say shit about shit btw. I passed the fuck out my polygraph. If I could you can

For secret clearance they will interview neighbors from your current and past residences. I wouldn't admit to any illegal shit you've done unless it's already on record somewhere

Disqualifying Conditions
(a)
Any drug abuse
(b)
Testing positive for an illegal drug
(c)
Illegal drug possession, including cultivation, processing, manufacture, purchase, sale, or distribution; or possession of drug paraphernalia
(d)
Diagnosis of drug abuse or dependence by a duly qualified medical professional
(e.g., physician, clinical psychologist, or psychiatrist)
(e)
Evaluation of drug abuse or drug dependence by a licensed clinical social worker
who is a staff member of a recognized drug treatment program
(f)
Failure to successfully complete a drug treatment program prescribed by a duly qualified medical professional
(g) Any illegal drug use after being granted a security clearance
(h)
Expressed intent to continue illegal drug use, failure to clearly and convincingly commit to discontinue, illegal drug use

Honestly whatever choice you make you'll feel regrets one way or another because this is a tough situation. If youre honest then maybe you won't get it, or maybe they're reasonable. Thing is it says no drug abuse and you have to pass the drug test, that doesn't mean you couldn't have used them before not abusively.

Honesty does work if you have mitigating factors and no disqualifying ones. What matters at this point is reliability and no real skeletons in your closet that could be used for blackmail. Of course since OP said
>but saying I used them less than I actually did
It's obvious he abused them, so he should just lie, lie and lie.

Mitigating Conditions
(a)
Behavior happened so long ago, was so infrequent, or happened under such circumstances that it is unlikely to recur or does not cast doubt on the individual's current reliability, trustworthiness, or good judgment
(b) A demonstrated intent not to abuse any drugs
in the future, such as
Dissociation from drug-using associates and contacts
Changing or avoiding the environment where drugs were used
An appropriate period of abstinence
Signed statement of intent with automatic revocation of clearance for any violation
(c)
Abuse of prescription drugs was after a severe or prolonged illness during which these drugs were prescribed, and abuse has since ended
(d)
Satisfactory completion of drug treatment program including but not limited to rehabilitation and aftercare requirements, without recurrence of abuse, and a favorable prognosis by a duly qualified medical professional

Based on what I've read and the recency of what I've done, I am pretty much on the threshold of being ok. I know for sure I'll pass a hair test. Still, if I am truthful, I would have to admit to purchasing and experimenting with different types of perscription drugs, psychadelics, and marijuana. By the time the application processes, those events should be at least one year in the past. Still, it feels dumb to admit to all of this and cause problems in my application.

I was never addicted, but I have experimented with a lot of different types of drugs.

I lied my ass off about drug history. It's a calculated risk, if they have any evidence you lied, that's a deal breaker. I was never subjected to a polygraph though, for some reason it just didn't seem to happen routinely in my area. I personally don't think it's anyone's business, so fuck the box-checking bureaucrats.

> Should I be truthful about my past drug use?
Yes, the reason why is when you do eventually go to T/S or T/S SSBI they are going to be asking people that have known you a long time about a lot of thing. The other reason why is drug use is so prevalent, be it prescription abuse/marijuana if you haven't used it in over a year it won't matter.
Things like alcohol abuse, having associates who are non-resident aliens, or financial problems are more concerning to OPM investigators. If you took a variety of drugs experimentally, and did not become addicted you should be alright.

If all you're going for is a secret clearance than all you have to worry about is checking off the option that denies you did drugs and name a few people who are either unaware of it or are willing to lie if its brought up.

Why the fuck do they even care? Dumbfuck boomers. Oh sure, get drunk all you like but smoke a little pot or do a little cock and you’re barred.

The use of illegal drugs or
misuse of prescription drugs can raise questions about an
individual’s reliability and trustworthiness, both because drug use may impair judgment and
because it raises questions about an individual’s willingness to comply with laws, rules, and
regulations

Why the fuck do they even care?
These isn't a Starbucks Barista type job, user. Now that you have you second (You) please fuck off.

Its rediculous, but I guess it helps keep the salaries up. The reason I need this clearance is because I am getting a full tuition college scholarship that will be revoked if I can't get a clearance.

Secret is nothing, if you are not a drunk, bankrupt gambling addict or somehow affiliated with literal terrorists then you're fine. Disclose that shit if you think your friends are going to blab about it. Otherwise sack up and realize that if you want to do big-boy shit like lie to the OPM investigators then you risk paying big-boy consequences
Also almost nobody ever gets polygraphed. I'm not sure why, but I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with polygraphs being complete horse shit that don't have any relevance outside of the Maury Povich show

>Any security clearance anons here?
Yes.
>Should I be truthful about my past drug use?
You should be truthful in all things.
>I am getting a security clearance and if it gets denied I am fucked.
Not exactly. You'll be put into a different MOS (even Infantry get Secret). Worst case you'll be a cook or something. Any MOS will do, as long as you complete your service. Suck it up.
>This is for a secret level clearance from the DoD
You'll be fine.

t. TS/SCI

Attached: 1911militaria.jpg (2000x1125, 862K)

It depends on what you need the clearance for. I can only speak for ts/sci. Anything less is queer.
They don’t do lifestyle polys for military because they’d like to get things done this century. Civvies do them though. Stuff that made you hallucinate is going to bug them. Might be a DQ unless it is from a really long time ago. Weed and pills are fine.

I really want to be truthful, because if I lie and get away with it I'll have to hide it forever. The problem is that if I get denied I lose out on the ~$200k plus a guaranteed DoD job this scholarship is worth. Lying seems like a calculated risk while being truthful seems like it will be a big mistake.

I know I'll be fine for secret if I lie, but the problem is I'll be obligated to work for the DoD for 5 years and I'll probably have to get my TS/SCI, where my lies are more likely to be discovered. I suppose it's better to be truthful now and possibly pass up this golden opportunity than fail the polygraph test later and have my career ruined.

An additional bit of information: I'm still in college. Does that matter to the investigators?

A few beers here and there aren't a problem. If you are alcoholic dependent, you should not be entering the service. Tell the truth. Your blood work will speak for itself. If you aren't an alcoholic, you have nothing to worry about.

Yes, do not lie. You will not get through otherwise.

Cadet about to Commission here,

I got my Secret clearance. Lied about smoking weed once.

Is there any MIP/MIC/Felony that is on your record? Are they drug related? If no to both,

FUCKING LIE

If literally anyone in your circle knows about your drug use, they WILL find out from them. They value honesty more than anything else, and there are absolutely people who have gotten in after admitting to using drugs and later stopping.

I think I'll go with the truth, because my friends and former friends (people I no longer am in contact with, but my friends are) know about my drug use and it's likely I'll have to get a ts (I heard many electrical engineers have to). It looks like enough time has passed between my offenses to mitigate these issues, but there's no way to mitigate lying. Thanks for the help.

How the fuck would they ever find out?
Realistically.

You’re a fucking retard

Good luck user. Remember, the big thing they're looking for is integrity, not perfection. The whole point of security clearances is to prevent personnel that can be turned from having access to sensitive information. Don't look like someone who'd sell your country out to the Russians or Chinese, and you'll be fine.

TS/SCI user. Taking a poly soon myself just to have it.
You only need one if you work on certain shit.
95% of the time if you need a poly it'll be a CI.
>Are you a terrorist?
>Are you selling classified information?
>Do you take classified shit home?
They ask you the shit you're asking about on the lifestyle poly, which you only really get if you work with foreign nationals frequently (ie: humint, ambassador, foreign aide, etc)
>tell me your whole life story
If you get a TS/SCI its really really rare you will ever need a lifestyle poly in your whole career.

Hope this helps, other anons please correct me if I'm wrong.
but this over all things

>implying they aren't reading your post right now

>believing in polygraph pseudoscience
there's a reason everyone except the government can't use them anymore

>do a little cock

Secret aint shit. My recruiter had all that shit done without my knowledge. I arrived to my MOS school and some people were told they needed to get their secret clearance. When I asked about mine they said I had had it for almost a year already cause my recruiter took care of it when I first signed up.

Your illiteracy alone should disqualify you. Seriously, ease up on the cock. Also you're going to test positive for drugs anyway, so lie away for maximum luls.

When I was interviewed, they asked about mental illness more than anything else.

Clench your butthole.

Big Dick was never in town.

If all you are doing is going for your secret (not top secret) so you can get a job with a DoD contractor they will literally not call or mail anyone and just put a stamp on you about 1 year later. They are so damn backlogged it's all they can do.

polygraphe isn't reliable
fbi don't use them

I'd like to point out drug 'use' in the past isn't on this list. Drug 'abuse' is on the list. Everywhere else it is listed as 'contunued drug use'.

So the disqualifying conditions list demonstrates there is a difference between use and abuse. I'm guessing you can square your mind around 'I never abused drugs'. (I just took them responsibly for a short period of time)

This. OP is a fucking retard, read the fine print. Chances are most people, especially in college, have tried or ingested drugs at one point in time whether they knew it or not. They are looking for people who regularly fuck themselves up, not people who tried it.

they dont really look into drugs, even for polygraph. can't speak for lifestyle poly but for CI and a TS investigation you should be good to go to just say you don't take drugs.
they're not MEPS and won't try to scare you or anyone else. they don't ask your contacts if you're a druggy, they ask if you're trustworthy basically.
i wouldn't worry, i've known a lot of people with TS who did drugs and said they didn't. that isn't a big thing for the process.

So, my friend is being investigated right now for his secret, and a previous employer lied and said my friend was fired for giving out customer information. My friend was ACTUALLY fired because he flirted back and forth with the owners spouse. Now this was like 7 years ago, and it was for a gym , but I think it looks bad. Think it'll be a problem? It's been 6 months already after filling out the sf86. Also he is a dual German US citizen.

This looks like a good thread to ask, if I lost my TS clearance to a field grade art 15, can I ever get it back?

Yes, lie about using narcotics. We totally need people of your caliber guarding important facilities. I mean how will an investigative agency ever find out you used drugs? It's impossible.

They know that people may try to fuck over others, it depends. But I think they will focus on the bigger picture not just one person.

no clue but i doubt it. i mean why would they?

why would he put a boss from 7 years ago from a place that he was fired from as a contact on his sf86?
your friend is probably retarded.
his ties to germany shouldn't be a big deal

>do a little cock

i think user here is a pretty cool guy
he admits to peter puff and doesnt afraid of anything

Almost certainly not
The OPM investigators aren't stupid, they know that dickbag bosses exist. It does look bad but they'll hopefully be able to determine what's going on here.
>calls his friend retarded
>didn't even bother to google how clearance investigations work
You're required to put down all your past employment and your supervisor at each place. You are also required to disclose if you've ever been fired or dismissed from a job, and yes they are obviously going to look into it if you have. You have absolutely 0 say in who they contact outside of your 3 "people who know you well" and maybe your housing references

Dont lie. Ever. If they find out about something criminal you did, and you lied about it on your screening paperwork, you WILL get it all taken away and get disciplinary action taken against you.

In summary. Dont be degenerate if you want to be a spook or see anything worth seeing.

i have a clearance, thanks.
you can put down a friend you worked with and they won't know the difference.

Yes just tell them you did it and you don't do it any more. Don't fucking lie about stuff, this is an FBI investigation you retard. Also the fucking polygraph doesn't happen if you are just getting secret. Anyone here talking about a poly is larping. They will come interview you IRL though.

Everything is way less scary than it seems. When I got on the job for the first day I was actually shocked on how informal and chill everyone was.

Nice larp faggot. If you are legit sci, post your coin collection. You are bound to have a few.

Attached: 34ca4eec59c3d3ab1f9b6e8f4ea8c2deadc1642d1624d57228f69ca8d0febad5.png (300x300, 128K)

He wont get it, but not because of the boss. He is a dual citizen of DE and his allegiance could be called into question.

>this is an fbi investigation
no it isn't. you're over here asking some dude to prove he's sci when you don't even know who investigated you? fucking boot.

Fuck you degenerate.
I hope they discover everything and you get fired like you deserve.
Drugs are shit and drug users make me sick. You are no better than a ghetto nigger.

Yeah, lying to the OPM is a great idea. If they discover that you tried to control the investigation by refusing to disclose your actual supervisor or boss, then you're fucked. They're not omniscient god-like beings but they will definitely think something is up when your "supervisor" is some chick named Stacy who's the same age as you.
To anyone reading who's about to do clearance paperwork, please notice that there is only one guy itt who's advocating lying on your SF-86. Maybe take that as a sign for what you should do.
This is not an FBI investigation lol

it's easy to avoid bigtime negative contacts if you're genuinely worried.
however if only 1 contact has something bad to say they're not going to care. I'm not saying anyone SHOULD lie, but that it's easy to if you expect some major fuckery from someone you're supposed to put on there.

they will also never interview those people again so they're not going to find out unless you tell them.

the military is for bootlicking faggots. saged.

>Clench your butthole.
All the way through basic training.

I’ve got a secret, and have been interviewed 2x for friends who were going for TS clearances.
For secret they’ll send packets to past employers, go over your banking info and likely contact the references you put down. TS they do that as well as conduct in person interviews, on top of more in depth shit I’m sure.
The question is if your pst drug use is on record somewhere.
Did you ever get caught using/in possession? MIP? DUI?
If your past isn’t on record anywhere, make sure your employers/references are bulletproof and they won’t roll during an interview.
When I was interviewed for my friends they only asked once about past drug use. A simple ‘no’ was enough to move onto other questions.
From what I got from the interview they’re more worried about foreign contacts, if you’re alcoholic, if you’re a repetitive liar, and can you be trusted with info related to national security. The interview wasn’t scary or high pressure at all, no scary men with guns pressuring you one way or another.
If you’re massively in debt it may be an issue, if all of your friends are Chinese/Russian/middle Easterners it may be an issue.
Tldr
If you haven’t been ticketed/arrested for drugs, and your references/past employers are willing to cover for you then you’ll be fine, just lie.

Might take slightly longer but it won't affect your chances as long as you're not a current addict. I put the one or two times I tried weed in college on my SF86 and they didn't look into it further.

I’m 12 and what is this?

Attached: vargbig.png (1025x1025, 1022K)

if it's not on paper, lie

>this is an FBI investigation you retard
No.

>If you are legit sci, post your coin collection.
No.

Attached: (JPEG Image, 248 × 300 pixels).jpg (248x300, 58K)

My references would be good friends, so that's not an issue. The problem is I'm sure they have ways of finding other people I know that aren't in on my story.

I'm not an alcoholic or anything else like that. This is the only stain on my record that they ask about.

I'm considering putting down my one time use with two types of perscription pills around two years ago, and my weed use (saying I stopped over a year ago). I am young and all that stuff happened before college so I hope I'm fine, and obviously I'll make it very clear I have no intent of ever using again (not a lie either).

However, I'll have to omit my psychadelic and more recent weed usage. I'll also have to say the stuff was given to me by friends for free, because based on the documentation I've read buying drugs from a stranger shows the same type of dependence as manufacturing.

I was top 10 in my hs class and the valedictorian and I smoked together. Two of my business/informatics friends with straight A's do shrooms/LSD multiple times a year. A lot of my smart classmates have been scared off from applying to internships with defense contractors because the security clearance is so anal about smoking weed. I'm not saying weed is good, but drinking as done by most high schoolers/college students is much more retarded. It's strange the clearance does not care about alcohol use as much when it is a much more powerful drug than weed. From a national security perspective, a drunk person seems way more likely to spill the beans than a person on weed.

If you took drugs before, you'll take them again. All you disgusting druggies are the same. Neck yourself and do everyone a solid faggot.

Ok larpers, what is continuous evaluation?
dni.gov/index.php/ncsc-how-we-work/ncsc-security-executive-agent/ncsc-continuous-evaluation-overview

Oh right yea, a continuous investigation on your fitness as a clearance holder. Done by the FBI. Jesus you fucking retards, I bet you don't even file your travel plans.

Attached: ebin.png (465x453, 145K)

>>If you are legit sci, post your coin collection.
>No.
I'll give you a hint why he won't post it. Its because he doesn't have one.

Attached: 1520439428570.gif (487x560, 898K)

>From a national security perspective, a drunk person seems way more likely to spill the beans than a person on weed.
That isn't the issue. If you are using an illicit substance, an enemy could blackmail you using this information. It has nothing to do with how willing you are to give up this information.

Attached: cce3606a5d0ae388b613b264a08617ef567c2ccc6babafb3e045a794719a57fa.png (878x1618, 299K)

Read your own link, dum dum. CE is automated investigation. Computers seeing if your name comes up in the police blotter or you're in debt or whatever. It's background monitoring employees whose clearance eligibility may have changed since it was issued.

t. kept nose clean for years and renewed TS/SCI with a short interview

samefag

finally some accurate information

The only people that care if you smoke weed in 2019 are the government and your church congregation. If they didn't have this rule it wouldn't even be a big deal. There are way bigger things you could blackmail me with that aren't even on the form.

>Read your own link, dum dum. CE is automated investigation.
Yes, it functions via N-DEx, an FBI data-sharing project. This allows local and federal groups to share information.

>t. kept nose clean for years and renewed TS/SCI with a short interview
Nobody cares, you are a tripfag on a niponesian flipbook cartoon board. But I am absolutely sure you saw all the super cool orcon data and was totally not relegated to simple unclass/fouo garbage.

>finally some accurate information
that was me brainlet.

Attached: 2c3a2b1a5ccf3f0c28c0669e18c62dcf75496397818a626632c70fe3f7a38951.png (1214x1109, 901K)

So is marijuana the only thing you've used. For this, there is a maximum number of occasions you're allowed to have used it before you need a waiver. It's a fairly generous number, somewhere between experimental and habitual use. I'm sure it's out there but I don't want to tell you.
If you've done other drugs it's potentially disqualifying but I don't know the details. I'd say if you used something else like one time you'd probably be fine. If it's clear you didn't/don't have an abuse or dependence then you're probably fine.

Don't lie. They appreciate honesty. If they catch you lying it will probably be an automatic disqualification. If you lie you'd have to tell the same lie every (5 now?) years and your friends might contradict. It's also just gay to lie about your behavior.

Coins for what you retard, SAPs? What do coins have to do with SCI?

Sorry, missed the part about psychedelics. I don't know the rule on it, but like I said my guess would be one or two time use before you turned away and it would be fine. Same for pills and stuff. They do ask about how you obtained drugs so if you say you sought out a random dealer it probably is counted negatively compared to a friend sharing it.

>Coins for what you retard
Every respectable group has a coin. When you meet other groups you trade coins. More important, more connections, more coins. The old rule of thumb is if you meet someone in the bar who claims to be important, and they don't have their coin they owe you a drink.

Who would post the coin for their organization here? I'm probably the only person with the combination of the 3 rarest coins I've received.

The point really isn't to dox people, but to underline the fact that he is just as fucking unimportant as everyone else on this nip cartoon board.

Well I thought your original point was
>Nice larp faggot. If you are legit sci, post your coin collection. You are bound to have a few.
that he doesn't even have an SCI and must be LARPing because they're so rare or something

you are underaged or a boot.

>3 rarest coins I've received.
What are they? I've already posted mine, but dum dum was too simple to notice. One from the INSCOM CG, a serialized coin from my company 1SG, and one from the WLC Commandant. That's it.

How? my brother got top secret after smoking lots of weed, taking molly and LSD? they never even tried to contact me

>actually caring about challenge coins

Attached: 1555028892460.jpg (796x603, 60K)

ok nocoinz.

Attached: 7949c10c36154e38914319ec13b42a6da43f65909ae7aca0df1727422798d1f5.png (1232x1080, 1.41M)

>gets caught lying
>frantically googles "top secret clearance fbi" to find out that the FBI plays a small role in the clearance process
>says "heh, nothing personnel kid" as he browses through his anime folder
You know the more you try to salvage it, the more you are just making an embarrassment of yourself

I have a TS/SCI. Ask away.

My questions
>what clearance are you getting
>how often and what kind of drugs
>how long ago

I knew people in intel school who had disclosed some pretty heavy shit. The main purpose of the investigation is to compare what you wrote down on your SF86 with what your references and other people they find say. They also interview you and make you swear an oath that what you're saying is true.

Hey guys should I admit to a crime to my employer? I'm thinking about telling them I committed crimes but that I didn't do it as often as I actually did.
Also I'm worried about the magic box machine being able to know my inner thoughts. Help!

Attached: moves.gif (200x200, 3.44M)

>raises questions about an individual’s willingness to comply with laws, rules, and regulations
Not sure I've ever read a more authoritarian statement, what a fucking joke

>TS/SCI
>marijuana twice in 2012
I'm actually not worried about the drugs or anything, I don't have anything shady in my past. Just wondering more about the clearance.
1. Should I tell my 3 "people who know me well" anything to prepare them for the interviews? I don't mean coaching them or providing the answers for them, just general things to help it go smoothly
2. Do they ask anything in particular during the SSBI that isn't on the SF-86 that was of concern?
3. I already submitted my SF-86, but realized something I forgot. I briefly worked as a contractor for this local company in college, just helping them with leads and getting contact info. At some point less than 2 months in, I got a random email from the owner saying I no longer worked with them. Absolutely nobody I know knows anything about this job ever happening. Should I call my recruiter and have them try to adjust this? Should I bring it up in the interview? Or should I just let it sit? I genuinely forgot about this happening because my time with them was so short and I had 2 other jobs at the time.
4. One of my old roommates is a wacky-ass conspiracy dude, will this be a problem? I rarely ever spoke to the guy.

Larping faggots in this thread pretending they were operators, fucking pathetic.

Attached: Larping fags.jpg (1051x734, 491K)

you realize absolutely no one is impressed by you, right?

You likely won't have a problem with the marijuana. They'll probably want to know who you did it with, if you dealt it, etc, and they'll ask your friends about it possibly, again if you dealt it, etc. They genuinely don't really give a shit if you've smoked pot a couple times.

I told my references to expect a call from a federal agent, and to just be honest.

Not for me. I had a pretty confusing SF-86 due to timelines with my jobs and moved, so a lot of it was the investigator clearing up confusion.

It probably wouldn't hurt. I don't know if you can edit your SF-86 now that it's been submitted, but I'd try. If not, I'd mention it during the interview and be sure to emphasize that it was an oversight on your part, and be ready with a reference or two from that job.

Idk, is he going to freak out at the investigator? If they interview him and get a really weird vibe, or he behaves strangely, they'll likely ask you about him at your interview. Then I would just emphasize that you lived with him for financial reasons and didn't' really talk to him at all.

Thanks user. With the roommate, honestly the dude is goofy as fuck but not some sort of revolutionary in the making. He just thinks the government is after him and probably wouldn't take too kindly to some black suits asking about his old roommate. I lived with him and 3 other people in college, and I didn't really know any of them.

him and 2 other people* and yes it was purely for financial reasons. I hadn't met any of them prior to moving in.

Dont give a fuck fags are pretending to say they cant post coins cause of security concerns, when in actuality they are larping. I dont need gratification from the internet like you mindless plebs. Suck my dick you faggot.

Absolutely no one said "security concerns", they just said no because you're an annoying boot clamoring for attention with his challenge coins. I also don't recall anyone saying anything about being an operator... most security clearances go out for comm/intel jobs.

Yeah man, you'll be fine. I knew total fucking dirtbags that got TS/SCI clearances. Just be honest and you'll be alright.

>went to ALS and won an award
>worked for JSOAC in Iraq
nobody gives a fuck lad.