I'm a combat veteran in a state without gun bans. I carry concealed. I visit my father...

I'm a combat veteran in a state without gun bans. I carry concealed. I visit my father, who's taken the bullets out of my gun when I left the living room and set them next to the gun. We've had a rough past. But I'm trying to spend time with him and salvage. He took the bullets out of my gun, again, some time in the last 3 days, and I carried my gun out into public yesterday. Imagine reading about a combat veteran getting shwacked because he forgot to load his gun. I asked him where the bullets were. He hid them from me in his room! The fuck?! He gave them back immediately, saying he did it because I got pissed the other day. He's afraid I'm gonna kill him, yet, he invites me to his house. I've suspected he has a personality disorder, and narcissism, and compulsive lying. But, this really struck me as next level! Like, disrespecting me and my rights and freedom, that I'm supposed to inherit when he brought me into this world. This is legitimately psychotic.

Attached: makepeace.jpg (1024x819, 103K)

Prove him right and end his boomer ass

respect your father's property you brain rattled zog-demon

Fake and gay.

>taken the bullets out of my gun when I left the living room and set them next to the gun
try not leaving your firearm unattended retard

This
Why the fuck would you leave your gun unattended?

Alright user, I'm being a drunk faggot so I'll be straight
what happened in your past
and
why doesn't he trust you?
Don't take this as an accusation either. Ask yourself, is it deserved or not? since we're all user here, you can be honest. Either he's losing his shit or you two have some serious issues dude.
I'm not trying to be a dick either,the vodka brings out the good natured side of me I swear m8

My father should be someone I should be able to relax around, that I should be able to decrease my defensive posture when it's just him and I in his house. What am I worried about? Home invasion. My father chose to hide this from me, instead of talking to me about it, man to man.

You seem upset. Forgive yourself and your family, as the Lord forgave the Jews who scourged, crucified, and rejected Him. There are bigger problems in the world than you're describing. Remember the saying:
>I, against my brothers. I and my brothers against my cousins. I and my brothers and my cousins against the world. That is jungle law.

we read about it
we watch media about it
but no one prepares you for emboldened, overgrown babies that you call mom and dad, it only gets worse from here user
some people do not take care of themselves, mentally or physically, and it catches up to them very quickly later in life

>I’m a combat veteran
>leaves his weapon unattended in the next room while he goes to do something else

Attached: BAD72B81-978C-4D50-ADF2-FCE2C47C9BE9.jpg (776x482, 75K)

>everyone's familial situation is the same
what's the world pop at? 8 billion now?

This, he could easily have stolen it.

Old people are not sound in the head. Treat him like a child. Would you leave a child with a gun? Come to think of it he may be thinking of committing suicide and the gun is tempting.

>Old people are not sound in the head
It doesn't happen overnight. Sometimes it's a singular act that reminds them that their parents no longer have all their faculties.

>he unloaded it because he was afraid he might shoot himself

This is actually very possible. First time I went shooting with a friend, (we both just turned 18) I remember my buddy going downrange to hang targets. I got that Imp of the Perverse urge to murder my buddy for no reason, and out of fear for my friend and myself, I unloaded, cleared, and set down the gun until he got back. It's an excellent way to put your mind at ease if you feel like you may do something stupid.

You shouldn't own guns.

I'm with this guy Turn in your guns and make a virtue signal faceberg post about it.

Never happened again. Sometimes you just have a weird urge to do exactly the wrong thing. You've never looked over the railing of a tall building and had a tiny urge to jump? This is a pretty well documented psychological phenomena. It's actually proven that older people can see an increase in this urge and even act on it with deterioration of the prefrontal cortex, which might explain the multiple instances of OP'S dad doing it.

I think most people have these impulses/intrusive thoughts. I hear people talk about it all the time.
>walking down the road
>brain says "lol just YEET your phone/yourself into traffic"
>"I could jump off this cliff right now."
>"You could just stab him. Or yourself."
>"You could probably rob this bank."
And so on.

Do you have to walk through a fucking ghetto to get to his house? Just don't bring your gun when you go visit him, retard. If you're stupid enough to leave it lying around, then he's completely in the right not to feel comfortable with you having it in his house.

never heard of the term "imp of the perverse." I've always referred to those feelings as the "call of the void"

Edgar Allan Poe coined the term in a book under the same name. Super interesting stuff when you realize it's actually fairly common in people and you're not a psychopath.

nice blog faggot

Call of the void tire

Why are you handling you’re gone this much? I.e., taking it out of its holster. This is how accidents happen; YOU gave your dad the opportunity to take rounds out of your gun. Leave your gun in your fucking holster and don’t take it out.

You just speculated he may be a liar (sign of sociopathy). You cannot relax around your dad. Sad to say. Excessive gun handling leads to accidents and other fuckery...

>I'm a PTSD afflicted trained killer who has bouts of anger.
>When visiting my father I routinely draw my gun and leave it laying around the house
>Why is Daddy so unfair to me?

Jesus dude. Take this as a wake-up call that not all is well. Try to see how events could be interpreted by other people. In this case, your Dad.

It reads to me like he loves and wants to be there for you, but you make him legitimately afraid sometimes.

Take some time and think about the ways your behaviour can effect relationships with others. It's very easy to burn bridges or make people put up walls, just because you act the way you want to act. Not mindful of the social consequences.

For a start, maybe stop leaving your gun laying around your dad's house.

Call of the void specifically refers to sudden intrusive suicidal thoughts, like the given “throw yourself into traffic” one

My parents are libtards and know that I carry and ask for me to leave my gun in the car. I respect their wishes in those regards, but I don't visit often, or if I'm down, we try and go out to shopping centers, parks, or restaurants. If you visit your dad, it's not too hard to just put your gun in your car. If you live with him, then why is a guy riding a GI bill like you being a turbo faggot and still living with your boomer dad?

your pops might have autism

He’s not respecting his son’s property and rights to protect himself.

>who's taken the bullets out of my gun when I left the living room and set them next to the gun
He followed you out of the living room and ninjaed the gun out of your holster?

>I unloaded, cleared, and set down the gun until he got back
>implying the gun was loaded and being handled while someone was downrange
Come on, man, it has to at least be plausible. You didn't even try.

Treat his house like a FOB. Clear your weapon going in, lock n load when you're ready to SP. If he doesn't want you carrying in there, technically you're breaking the law by doing so. I suggest you talk to him about it one on one, before asking Jow Forums and self diagnosing your father with personality disorders. You sound a little bit egotistical IMO, Me and Muh Rights.... it's his property and if he doesn't want you armed on it, you have no rights to violate that and as I stated that is illegal if he wants you unarmed there

This kinda,
Just buy some more bullets and cut off your dad.

Hello, European user here. I only own a hunting rifle and an old .22 pistol. Since we have to expect social upheavals and maybe local conflict or civil war in the next decade...a question to people here who already shot other people. Maybe to the veterans or military personnel. I try to harden up. Prepare myself for what is coming.

What's it like to shoot other people?

Attached: reallymakesyouthink.png (240x240, 23K)

Salty bags of recoil

He may be within his rights as the property owner to deny him from being armed, but he obviously fucking didn't and decided to do shit behind his back. Even if he did make such a thing known—which, as you said, is within his rights—he'd still be a faggot for it. Unless there's a damn good reason for someone to be unarmed, "muh feelings" makes you just as bad as the grabbers, even if it's within your rights.

How fast would a cartridge loaded with flower peddles need to propel them to do a significant amount of damage? If the stems were tightly packed together and tied in a group I think they would stay together well enough, although I think OP is being unreasonable with the revolver. A 12ga shell would probably be better. I know confetti launchers can do some mean damage up close so this would pretty much be the same thing.

>I visit my father
>He's afraid I'm gonna kill him

Maybe you're the problem if you are stopping by armed and terrifying your father. You sound like a complete asshole
>Like, disrespecting me and my rights and freedom
You sound entirely worthy of disrespect. You sound like a bad son, aggressive, stupid, entitled and bullying. He's the really bad news. You probably always were and the fact that that man wants anything to do with you just shows how much a father can love a child even if that child is a retarded vicious,deranged, entitled bag of shit

based boomer hateposter

Nice blog post fag

Do not oblige them, pocket carry faggot.

All you fucking pussies "respecting peoples wishes"
I have a gun in deep concealment wherever I go if it's inconvienient to IWB/OWB

Gotta make sure you install the mortar/incoming alarm tho, with the concrete dugouts

have you literally ever shot without an RO present? me and my buddies usually just go shooting in the woods and whenever someone needs to go downrange we just....don't aim guns at the guy downrange.

And a Green Beans

Attached: 1556650027138.jpg (850x1188, 122K)

>have you literally ever shot without an RO present?
Whether an RO is present or not has nothing to do with it, because I'm not a retard itching to break the rules as soon as I can get away with it.
But to answer your question, yes, I shoot in my back yard all the time.

sorry you don't feel responsible enough to handle a weapon without negligently discharging it, I guess.

There are two types of people in the world, OP: Those who see guns as a source of security, and those who see guns as a threat. For people who see guns as a threat, it doesn't matter if that gun is in the hands of a friend or family member, they'll still see it as a threat. That kind of person will think they're doing you a favor by doing shit like hiding the gun or its ammunition, and will never really understand why you feel that your rights are being violated.

If your father is that kind of person, it's unlikely that you'll ever be able to convert him to your point of view. You need to tell him that if he ever wants you to come visit him again, he'll need to keep his hands off your gun. And you need to be willing to follow through with that and not see him anymore if he breaks his word.

yer dads a fag, tell him to grow a pair - and not to touch your gun if he's not willing to buy/train with his own

This, OP is a fool who should practice some healthy paranoia.

maybe you're just a nigger

Attached: 1534423301652.jpg (800x981, 102K)

Shoulda phrased it better. They just don't want the gun in their house. Which is why I usually try and go out so I do carry.

I can't fathom how this would happen with a responsible gun owner. My pistol stays on my hip in its holster until I'm in my own bed. Why would you leave it unattended if this isn't just fake? Especially around someone you seem to not have known you're entire life. It would give me, as a vet myself, anxiety just imaging my loaded weapon system sitting outside of my view. If its not in my control, it should be out of battery and unloaded, and I'd keep the rounds in my own pocket.

Also, when reclaiming your pistol after its been out of your control, why don't you check to ensure its in battery? First thing I do after putting my pistol on my belt is draw it, and check its condition, pull the slide back and visually check a round is seated, and holster it. Its now ready until the next time its left out of my control (in my own home). Even if I just leave it on my desk for a few hours, it should be compulsory to check its condition every time you put it on.

If you're getting into arguments or angry around someone who could have genuine fear from lack of understanding of you as a person and leaving your pistol unattended long enough to be entirely emptied and not have enough focus to realize the massive weight difference or to check the status of your firearm, maybe it was best he did that. I know I wouldn't allow any of my friends to do that.

Imagine being a combat vet, but somehow having no understanding of weapon security. Accidentally leaving your rifle somewhere and it being used against you is is something that should be trained in you not to do. You'd get such a shaming and smoking for someone acquiring your weapon without you knowing in training that it blows me away the concept didn't carry over to civilian carry.

You can blame shift all you want, but if this is real, I hope you can reflect on how YOU allowed it to occur and the failings in your training that would have prevented it.