How would you defeat an M1A1?

Attached: u.s._army_m1a1_abrams.jpg (1486x988, 180K)

The power of friendship

Attached: 1543316353214.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

I'll say it once again
AK-50

A big pitfall trap

Konkurs to the back

Budget cuts

A pile of burning T-90s might fog the optics and leave it open to attack.

Did it hit the engine?

Destroy its logistics chain, ensuring there will be no refuel when it runs empty, no ammo when it runs dry, no spare parts and mechanics for maintenance and repairs, no food/water for the crew.

Approach it slowly with a large mirror so that it sees a friendly, then once I'm close, and with the element of surprise, I whack it with a hammer.

Ammo rack.

Smart. Do you have a cousin named Carl Carwindows?

Whoa, whoa. We can't have you in here with actual tactics and shit. This board is for speculating about the effectiveness of weapon systems you know absolutely nothing about aside from tidbits on the Wikipedia page.

This.
With out support vehicles and loads of infantry to protect said vehicles and personnel it’s only hours away from being stationary artillery.

smother feces on their view ports. then when a tanker opens the hatch, punch that nigga in the mouf. and jump inside and stab all the niggas to death

>lure it into swampland
>it gets stuck
>watch it sink and become the new Panzer of the Lake

>tfw a MBT is defeated with a handful of shit and a knife.

This is now a Wisdom tank thread

Attached: Don't Cry Cause It's Over, Smile Cause it Happened.jpg (610x458, 69K)

Sounds like Grozny

I'd assign an E-3 to clean it for agriculture and he will spray the HPDU with a pressure washer. Tank will be broke for at least 8 months.
source: 3BDE

Sell it to the Saudis.

What kind of situational awareness do modern tanks have in general? Do they have cameras and shit on the sides for full 360 degree view or is it static viewports or what?

Jump on top and fart into the commander port

Attached: download (3).jpg (237x213, 7K)

Tanks have overpressure systems so you would need to do a pretty strong fart.

Brrrraaaap

Take off the tracks with a socket wrench then poo all over viewing ports.

Fat retards

Go for the treads with explosives.

That's always been the key for tackling tanks. Fuck up even one tread with a small amount of explosive and boom you just disabled a 10 million doll hair machine for maybe a hundred bucks worth of chemicals and materials.

This would work

Gas the crew by activating the halon extinguisher.

By undermining American culture from within by promoting degenerate behavior like drug use, interracial relationships and trans tolerance.

I'd shoot it with a really big gun.

>he's not protected in there

Attached: jarmen_kell.jpg (320x320, 16K)

For 15 minutes

we could make a sticky bomb. it's in the field manual. You take a standard G.I. sock, cram it with as much Comp B as it can hold, rig up a simple fuse, then coat the whole thing with axle grease. Now when you throw it, it should stick. It's a bomb that sticks, a "sticky bomb."

Well, the US military has thousands of trucks in Iraq and thousands more potential contractors laying around, and all bases do keep a month or so worth of stores around.

shoot the fuel truck

.45 ACP

Based & Zionistpilled

Vote for politicians that will cause it to be manned by trannies, women and literally retarded goblins and then wait for the inevitable and destructive human error

>tank gets treads blown the fuck out trying to cross fortifications
>15 minutes turns into hours because the tank broke in the enemies line of sight and the people meant to fix it are under constant fire

Funny how most of this stuff was established in WW2

Let Arabs drive it.

Would putting an appropriately sized log down the barrel work?

Attached: 1457597068573.jpg (1515x1176, 249K)

Use a drone to place a 40 pound bag of superglue in front of the tank treads.

Use an M1A2.

YIKES.

The tank is okay though really fucked, its designed to do that. You guys don't know how these things work

Sex

based

LOL'd. everyone died but the front of the tank is OK. that's what it was designed to do!

I'd die desu

That's literally the blow out panels though if that Iraqi they probably left the blast doors pepen and died any way

desu the crew compartment is probably fine. the ammo storage on those things is meant to blow "out" and direct all of the blast and flame outside instead of into the crew compartment.

>the front of the tank is ok, that's what it was designed to do!

well, yeah. most or all of your crew gets to live and there's still half decent chance an ARV can yank that fucker out of it's hole and back to a shop to be fixed. much better than the crew compartment filling up with blast wave and fire.

.45 ACP into the turrent

With a copper plate, some thick wall pipe, a few pounds of HME, a blasting cap, and a professional camera flash to make a firing device.

Attached: 1000w_q95.jpg (1000x581, 227K)

It's not an SUV, it's a tank numb nuts!

if you didn't have such sweet digits i'd call you a fag.

what he's describing is an improvised anti-tank munition called a shaped charge or explosively formed penetrator. the explosive charges heats the copper to liquification and forces it through armor, it's formed the basis for literally every single anti-tank munition since WW2 except for sabots.

This guy gets it

He is right you know, PFIEDs are evil

Attached: 1555495937967.gif (330x140, 8K)

>Pics or it didn't happen.
I love you guys Jow Forums, never change.

Attached: 4a0f2608a015_sf_1.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Same as any tank: by throwing a grenade into it Solid Snake style.

tank is fine

The guys inside it aren't. Kinda the whole point.

don't worry, if youleave it in the motorpool for a week without touching it it'll break itself

This man speaks the truth.

Attached: 3 BN C Company M1 tank.jpg (800x600, 37K)

Before Jow Forums spaz out about this.
Thsi thank is not one of the first generation ones, it was the real deal.

There was reports that the jihadis founds a week spot on the Abrahms and started to shot exactly there to blow it up.

The cut off door that exists, separating the crew from the ammon to protect them in case of cook off ammo, tho it works, it was being destroyed precisely because of said week spot.

A few thanks and crew got destroyed unfortunally.

Officially, the week spots was fixed and this would not happen today. But them again, who really trust the goverment?

while you are right no one was injured from them here you want efps to go through the bottom

Yes and no, shaped charges require very specific thicknesses of copper and weights of the explosive, basically what I'm saying is that it's nearly impossible to make a repeatable success in the field.

The rear turret is a weak spot in any tank. Even in modern ones it isn't protected by composites; small wonder then that it is destroyed by getting a missile shoved up its ass; that doesn't mean that the tank itself is bad or poorly designed, just unlucky in this instance.

Likewise, I think a lot of Jow Forums should curb their enthusiasm with regards to the ammo compartmentalisation. It isn't completely foolproof. When it works it is fantastic, but it isn't a 100% thing.

True.
I kid you not, this is one of the reasons why I personally like the layout of the new T-14 Armata tank.
Im not talking about the armor (probably composite, obviously) but why not make the turret with automatic loader and throw the cre wto the front.

This way not only the crew can keep the hatch close even when firing (no smoke getting inside the tank after the cannon being fired) but also it seems to be safer in the event of the ammo being hit.

I assume that the Armata layout will be the start of that layout for all modern tanks.

Sell it to some arabs.

Catastrophic kill is unlikely with anything a civilian can own. Mobility kill is probably the most likely and easiest option, as well as the lowest risk since most of 'em don't even need you to be nearby.

Large ditch with partially buried concrete obstacles might work, with the aim of making it throw a track. Semi-pitfall, water saturated ground, hedgehogs etc. Bundles and bundles of razorwire to jam up the running gear. Even small ANFO mines might work in that capacity.

Can also do a bit of psyops. Shallow ditch or broken ground, studded with bowls/pots/tuns painted green and partially buried. Even if they aren't real mines they'd still be wise to treat them as if they were, which means delay as they bring up and engineering vehicle and EOD.

I was thinking about old carl just yesterday

Live in the wet parts if Louisiana. If the swamp can't kill it the mosquitos will carry the crew away.

Its an interesting concept for the T-14, but it does have enough drawbacks that I don't think it will see widescale adoption. For a start off, the tank itself has roughly the same dimensions as an M1 but weights sub 50 tons, meaning that it is very likely the crew compartment is the ONLY part of that tank to have composite protection. Good for the crew, but also means anything that could jack up an IFV could probably mission-kill it. Shoulder-fired light AT and munitions designed to induce spalling especially.

The autoloader itself does have some issues too. Specifically maintainance. The way it is set up (T-72 style carousel ring below the turret) probably means that to perform maintainance on this thing with a lot of moving parts- which thus needs a lot of maintainance- likely requires pulling the whole turret off the tank at a depot. Its going to suffer in readiness rates as a result.

Just about every tank these days come equipped with bore evacuators that prevent fumes from the breech entering the crew compartment. Someone before also mentioned NBC systems, which likewise generate a mild overpressure inside the fighting compartment, keeping nasty shit out.

holy fuck Generals nostalgia

oh the depleted uranium hull equivalent to 14 inches of homogeneous steel armor , no. like user said that’s an anti apc weapon not an anti tank

no the bottom has no du thats only on the turret and lower hull the bottom still susceptible to efps make no mistake an actually munition is better but those efps shouldnt be written off

Not all of the tank is composite protected. Frontal aspect and turret sides are almost totally composite faced, but the underside, hill sides, rear and top are plain RHA, possibly with some ERA or NERA on the side skirts.

An EFP detonating under the tank, or into the side of the hull is very definitely bad news bears even for an MBT.

Funny, coz I see these as good traits.

The tank has to be armored enough to withstand being shot with chain guns plus be armored enough to protect the crew.

Now, there is not info that the Armata would not be able to withstand 30mm to it's chassi for being so light.
On top of that, it seems that the russians are going for mobility instead of just raw protection. And they are working on active point defense system precisely to counter missile treats. It seems to be logic in this electronic warfare that it seems to be the normal today.

On top of that, the russians are using auto loaders for ages now, so it's safe to assume that not only they trust their tech, they probably fixed most issues thet things had by now.

On top of that, the fume extractor never works 100% and unless you are firing with your hatches opened, is quite likely that the crew inside the tank will have to wear a gas mask to withstand the small wuantity of fumes that will get inside the tank once the loader have to open the breech to load another shell.

Cut the head off.

Abrams has a 510 gallon fuel system.
0.5 miles per gallon (that's at full run, it still Burns fuel at rest to keep battery's charged).
3 days without an M987 refuelling it and it's worthless.

Pit trap with lots of thick yet somewhat runny mud at the bottom. Won't "kill" the tank and would probably not do that much to the crew but it's going to be out of the fight being a drain on resources to some degree. Someone's got to pull it out of it's hole, get all that muck out of it, and replace the inevitable broken parts. If they wait too long and the mud at the bottom dries out their lives just got that much harder. I figure the primitive way would probably be the better one because of how much the US and many other nations now seems to put into detecting IEDs and whatnot. This sort of trap should work on basically any tank whether it's the latest most advanced MBT or one stolen from a WWI museum exhibit, just have to have the pocket dug big enough to accommodate your guest and have the trap actually able to activate on the right target which really isn't that hard to accomplish.

Probably clog it’s treads with enough bodies to track it, then more bodies to exhaust their ammo.

>Not all of the tank is composite protected.
yes but the belly and the upper deck of the hull are DU not composite DU resists most shaped charges due to its high melt point and rigidity compared to steel

India confirmed the best Abrams killer

He could snipe put the pilot of a supersonic Aurora bomber, right?

it's the only way to be sure

Attached: backpack nuke.jpg (220x279, 16K)

We may have to simply disagree on that point, though I understand your reasoning. Very heavily protected tanks do have the drawback of being more difficult to deploy in theater than lighter ones, which may be part of the reason the T-14 is a featherweight. There is also the issue of the Russian terrain itself, which makes it far easier for heavy vehicles to get bogged down.

Personally I am not convinced that APS are a technology matured enough yet to be relied upon as the primary defensive option; especially in environments with radar clutter such as cities they might prove less effective, and the constant emmitting of radar required for them to function begs for ARM targeting. I view these things as 'nice to have' but would rather trust in passive protection.

Thing is, with the autoloader there really isn't any way around needing to remove the turret to perform maintainance on it, if the turret is unmanned. The technology only stays reliable so long as it is well maintained, and that can only happen if it is easily accessable to the crew. This isn't a major issue with manned turrets, but in theater you may not always have the luxury of a depot.

>the fume extractor never works 100% and unless you are firing with your hatches opened, is quite likely that the crew inside the tank will have to wear a gas mask to withstand the small wuantity of fumes that will get inside the tank once the loader have to open the breech to load another shell.

Is the only part where I will 100% disagree with you. Bore evacuators work very well, and AFAIK tankers never have to wear NBC in the vehicle itself as it would make the vehicle almost impossible to operate. Most tanks actually have a cutoff where the breech cannot be opened until the gun is indexed into its loading position, by which time the bore has been fully evacuated (it takes a fraction of a second to work). Additionally the overpressure system in the tank prevents any backflow into the fighting compartment.

>basically what I'm saying is that it's nearly impossible to make a repeatable success in the field
And you're wrong.

Attached: qe-004.jpg (591x861, 59K)

>How would you defeat an M1A1?
A traffic light that never turns green

>melt
>heats to liquification
How about you stop propagating boomer memes?

Attached: rose-mcgowan-2.jpg (1102x880, 220K)

>There was reports that the jihadis founds a week spot on the Abrahms and started to shot exactly there to blow it up.
>back of the turret
>where the ammo is in a seperated compartment
And it took them something to find that out?

Pee in the NBC system.
These videos always piss me off because it's some kind of troglodyte bunch of retards crewing it.

Attached: 140.jpg (630x568, 61K)

there were never reports of any of that shit. The reports that came out in the 2000s where that if you hit the EAPU with an RPG-7 you could start an engine fire and scuttle the crew.
Literally every tank ever if hit with an shaped charge sufficient to pierce their armor will result in an ammo cook off. That's why the M1 has an armored ammo door and blowout panels and the T-14 is the way it is.

Attached: didwe.gif (500x447, 32K)

Well it probably costs more money and time to replace the tank crew than just fix the issues so yeah.

Slide a bit of burning cardboard under the back of the turret.

Blow out panels.exe

>put hand in Main gun barrel
>make it fire canon
>hand causes canon to backfire
>tank destroyed

Settle down spaz.