Do you live in an area where you could shoot your guns in your backyard or house without the law bothering you?

Do you live in an area where you could shoot your guns in your backyard or house without the law bothering you?

My local ordinances say I can't even shoot bb guns.

Attached: snow-pine-background-1.jpg (2560x1600, 2.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_2wWktUH71I
militaria.pl/bron_czarnoprochowa_i_akcesoria_c318.xml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
Not gonna lie, it's pretty nice, especially for function testing and shit.
The only bummer is that it's fairly short, ~100 yards at the most.
>waiting on my 20x11 3/8ths plate to come in the mail

Attached: 20190501_050017.jpg (590x864, 508K)

Yup. Walk out the door and go bang-bang.

Great question. I can shoot air rifles in my backyard all day and even though I have neighbors all around me, they know me and they know that I can do it safely since I've been doing it for like 13 years now. Actual firearms on the other hand are a big no, can only shoot them at the range but I have an uncle who lives in a little hut in a very remote area - the closest neighbors are about a kilometer away (0.6 miles) and I was thinking about going to his property to shoot but I'm afraid that my guns will be too loud and the neighbors are going to call the cops. How far does a gunshot noise travel?

I had 15 acres in rural GA and it was great. Now I live in Gwinnett suburbia and my gun life sucks.

Feel sorry for you man.
I'm out in Pike, South of Griffin.
Eventually we are going to get a 600' ordinance here like Henry County.
600 feet to the nearest dwelling to legally discharge a firearm there.
Fayette is similar.

Attached: 3-19-19 019.jpg (2160x2160, 2.42M)

Hell yeah 230 yards to the bottom! Its great we shoot all The time and a lot if things cats dogs vultures. They all go into the out door woodstove and our gone by morning

I can shoot right off my porch into the woods, its bretty fuggin nice user, not gonna lie. The only sad part is that I'm in New York, so if I let off more than 10 rounds consecutively the ATF will come shoot my doggo.

That picture looks max comfy. Really want to move to western Montana or northern Idaho for that kind of thing.

My backyard faces a school, but the county laws say it's fine to shoot on your property if you've got a backstop. However, it'd be irresponsible and make the community look bad if I tried to "stand my ground" on the issue.

Based retard

Yeah, but we only do it for pistols, 22s, and suppressed rifles. It’d Be impolite to shoot large bore unsuppressed rifles when there are neighbors “nearby”.

It sucks but I’ll be moving to the Newnan area in about a year or two and I’ll pick up some land there.

200 yards isn’t that bad but you def would need some land

Yeah, but I don't shoot anything super loud like ARs.

Frenchanon here. I do fire my .22lr bolt action suppressed in my backyard, even if my neighbors live pretty close to me (but there's noone living behind the house, there's a field, it's in the countryside). I only shoot at a target set at 30 yards from me at the level of the earth, I don't want my bullets to come out of my property. With subsonic RWS or even standart velocity CCi it's OK. I don't know my neighbors very well but since they're all armed and I shoot a small amount of cartridges at sunset every couple of weeks they don't say anything.
But still be VERY CAREFUL, especially with neighbors nearby, it only needs one shot fired in the wrong direction or a non understanding angry neighbor to get lawsuits and depending of your country having your gun confiscated.

>how far does a gunshot noise travel
Far, especially if you fire more than just a couple of shots. 1.5 to 2 miles at least, especially if you fire full power rifle cartridges.

No but a friend has a place like an hour away and we can go whenever he’s free.

youtu.be/_2wWktUH71I
Why doesn't everybody just shoot in places like this?

Law here (Norway) says as long as you have a secure background and the shooting isn't organized (i.e. set times for shooting for groups of people) and you don't shoot on Sundays, Easter, Christmas or at night (that the sound not bother people at those times), you're good to go.
I do tell my neighbors because it'd be rude to not do it (not like they could do anything about it though), and I wouldn't want anyone to call the cops for a non-issue.
I've just tested shotgun patterns and shot my .22 at 50 metres, though - If I could build some manner of backstop towards the sea, I could have a 200-metre range, easily.
However, as long as I don't have that backstop, there is a bit of a risk of ricochets off the water hitting the people on the other side.

technically, although it's mostly a quirk of zoning and i can't shoot over the water. i keep it under 110db and no one has said anything.

aren't gun laws there absolutely fucked though

They aren't as good as in the US of A but not *that* bad. You can get guns for hunting and sport shooting but you need a license for them.
t. a swede

And what does that license get you? How hard is it to get?

Whew, was kinda hoping you wouldn't ask because it's getting late, but here we go.
I'm a hunter, and I shoot in the DFS (I think that's something like your NRA High Power?), which lets me own six guns for hunting, one high-power rifle for DFS and one .22 for DFS indoor shooting.
Hunting requires you take the hunter's exam, which comes after a 20-hour course you have to be braindead to not pass. DFS, you just have to join a club.
I have to send the police a request for ownership of each gun, with a rough description of the gun I want to own and the reason for owning it. "Rifle, .308" and "hunting" is enough.
Once they've approved the form, I can send that to the bloke or the store I want to buy from.
They fill out the specifics (Make and model, serial number), leave me one copy and send it to the police.
While the police dick around with archiving and punching numbers, my copy of the permit serves as a temporary firearm owner's ID. Really handy because the actual ID card (credit card-sized laminated piece of paper with firearm make, model, calibre, serial and police stamp) usually takes several months to arrive for whatever reason.
I need to present the ID when buying ammo.
Hunters get to choose from a disappointing list of semiautos, pic related.
They're working on a new law, and the Mini-14, -30, Veprs, Valmets and Garands are likely gonna go.
Unless I can document a real need, I can't have more than six guns for hunting purposes (8 with the new law, apparently)
While I might be able to get more in the DFS, I don't see the point - I have my Sauer 200 STR, and the other guns used (Mauser K98 or Krag-Jorgensen) don't come close, and I quite frankly don't see the value in owning some crummy old military rifle that's been sporterized anyway.
As says, it could be better, but it can always get worse, as we're about to see.
Hunters still enjoy support and trust among the population, so I reckon I'll go free, but knock on wood all the same.

Attached: shall not.png (1179x881, 96K)

For handguns you need to be a member of a shooting club for at least 6 months and pass some tests in firearm safety. Then you can apply for a .22lr pistol if you have a clean police record. After 12 months of sport shooting you can get a 9mm.
For hunting rifles and shotguns you need a hunters license which you get from the wildlife procetion service after taking a test about hunting laws, gun safety, accuracy and stuff like that. If you pass that you can apply for a license which grants you 4 rifles/shotguns. If you need more than that you have to apply for another one. I think the ammo limit in rifles is 5 rounds per mag and 3+1 for shotguns. No ammo limit for pistols as far as I know and if you really take your sport shooting seriously you can get an ar15 or something like that but it's a LOT of government hassle.
Or just buy an old yugo gun from an immigrant gang for a 1000usd.

Har ni någon gräns på magasinstorlek i norge på jaktgevären?

I think semi auto rifles are limited to 3+1 for hunting, not sure if that is just big game.
All shotguns are 2-shot limited when hunting, even semi and pump ones, and no box magazines allowed. This is solved by a magazine plug, so you can unfuck it for practice. You can even buy magazine extensions and all. I began with a Benelli M2 I wanted to turn into some tacticool abomination, but lucky for me I got more sense than money.
By the way, what's this I hear about you guys not being able to buy buckshot?

If I lived out of city limits...

Dammit.

I want a Sauer STR 200 with a 308 , 6.5X55, and the 22LR conversion kit so badly.
A Sig SSG3000 from the US Market and the 22LR kit if GESAB would ship to the USA is an alternative.
Stangskyting needs to catch on here too.

So it's actually pretty bad. You need a ton of fucking around and then you still have basically no semi autos allowed and valid reasons (valid reasons are some of the worst bullshit in gun laws) And i don't know why you assumed that i'm american. Honestly i kinda wish i was and i consider moving. But i'm polish, the country with the lowest firearm ownership rate in all of europe, because fuck me right?

Why not just move to Czechland.

I mean if you can afford it, fuck yeah. Move here to the U.S.

Yeah I didn't realize before typing it out how restricted we actually are, even if it's possible to get guns here. There was some EU bullshit about restricting hunting rifles here a few years ago but they gave up on that, thank god. We are lucky there has never been a real mass shooting in Sweden so the govnment have no reason to take away the few guns we do have (yet).
I just looked it up and apparently it's true. I didn't know that. Also I was incorrect in my previous post. The ammo limit for shotguns is 2+1 for semi and pump

>I mean if you can afford it, fuck yeah. Move here to the U.S.
Not that guy but I have dreamed about moving to the US too, even if just for the guns.
but isn't it hard to get a citizenship there? I don't want to come as an illegal

Did you know that you can actually fit 9.3x62 in it too?
I bought a used one to turn into a hunting rifle because I love that silky smooth bolt, crisp fuckin trigger and 6.5x55 at modern pressures to death. A KKC adjustable stock, a Spuhr mount to stick on the dovetail rail and a Schmidt und Bender Classic on it, and I'm set for hunting forever.
Well, I'm likely also gonna pick up a Blaser R8 and a drilling of sorts when we get the two extra slots, but really, that 200 STR sure is something.

Well, the folks who shoot dynamic/IPSC get to have their semi auto rifles, but it's not like they can use them for anything but punching paper and IPSC competitions. I don't fuck with that, so I just bust my clays and honks and seals and the odd roe deer and make the best out of a less than ideal situation.

Citizenship is hard to get in the sense that it takes a long time to get, because you need to live in the us for 5 years. During these 5 years you are a permanent resident. Permanent residency is for all practical purposes almost identical to citizenship, including the ability to own guns. And then you see thousands of illegal mexicans get citizenships for free. But i haven't researched the process of getting the immigration visas. It would probably be very stupid to just fucking hurl whole your life over the ocean with a one way ticket before a few trips, to get a feel and pick your state.
But literally almost everything i do out of my own will is based in the us. English internet, interest in guns... Also ironically i couldn't communicate nearly as well in czech.

I have a relative in Maryland who I have visited a few times, but the gun laws is pretty much the only thing I like more about the US so I suppose I'll remain in sweden. Since guns are hard to get I made a habit of collecting swords and old bayonets during my high school years instead.

Attached: svärd.jpg (2448x3264, 825K)

Only if you're white.

Attached: legal immigration is murdering the US.png (1336x956, 143K)

What's so bad about the us?

I never said it was bad, just that there is not much about it that is so much better than sweden that I would consider moving.

ok, so i just checked the immigration visa requirements, and turns out you can't apply just because you want to, unless you win the lottery. so it looks like i'll be staying, at least for the foreseeable future.

why are you doxxing your home

He's gonna rape you

Where I live now people with a little bit of property shoot .22's without much trouble. Where I used to live I got the police called on me when I was 13 for shooting a bb gun in a back alley with some friends at a couple cans.

There is no magazine limit in Sweden for rifles, period. You can't hunt with more than whatever set limit depending on what you're hunting, but it's like that in the US too. Pump/semi shotties that are licensed for hunting is 2+1. Lever action shotties are free capacity. If you get a ruger pcc on a hunting license you are free to stick a 50round drum in there and blast away either on the range or on your property. You can't load it more than 2/3/5 rounds when hunting tho.
Poland has bp guns freely available. You can even carry them for selfdefense. Besides, getting a license in pl didn't seem so bad when I was talking to a shop owner there. Just a short test and some range time.

because these are the kind of properties people disappear on

In most states only shotguns are limited when hunting. Meaning you can use an AR15 with a fully loaded 100 rd drum mag if you wanted.

>carry bp for self defense
Can any Pollacks confirm?

What is the license process like? What about concealed carry license?

No, bp guns aren't freely available, muzzleloaders are. and this is a big difference. In fact, the difference between a muzzleloader and a black powder gun is the only difference bigger than between a black powder gun and a smokeless powder gun.

I have enough backyard space to set up like a 25 or even 50 yard target but suburbia NJ hates guns

first of all, like i said it's not black powder, but muzzleloaders designed before 1885, and second off all, if you actually decide to carry it, ignoring all the possible non-legal issues stemming from it and dare to use it for self defense, then you going to prison is more guaranteed than dying after shooting yourself with that gun.

Depending on state, and ao what if you can't have a fully loaded mag when hunting. Fun, but pointless. We can still carry a loaded spare.
militaria.pl/bron_czarnoprochowa_i_akcesoria_c318.xml

I live in Poland. You can carry whatever you want for defense as long as you're not drunk or a known shithead by the police. Sport guns aswell if you have a license. Not sure how the process is. You habe to be a resident. Exam is in polish only. 10 questions if I remember right.
Replicas from before 1885 not using cartridges. I know. Get 2 revolvers and you're better off than most of europe.

I have a piece of property in Southern California 130 acres. It has lots of tall canyons with surrounding oak trees and such. Do you think the size, location, and shrubbery will suffice with muffling the noise of a mosin and such from my neighbors hearing it? They are about 1-2 miles away. The area is very hilly/mountainous with lots of trees. I don’t have a lot of experience with outdoor shooting.

might as well tell us your bank account code and number while you're at it

>I don't know when lethal force is permitted and shoot the bus driver for giving me the stinkeye
>hurr you're gonna go to jail for self defense

show me the last time someone used a gun for property/ self defense in poland and suffered no legal consequence. yes, i know that it is theoretically legal to kill someone robbing you. But theory is far from practice. In theory it should be legal to own a sherman in usa without any problems.

My polish is absolute shit tbqh famalam. We both know that carrying a gun in Poland isn't neccessary, and I doubt anyone has ever used a bp gun in a crime or for self defense. The situation I am discussing tho isn't robbery. I'm talking about self defense in a situation where you are likely to be killed if you don't kill your attacker. In those cases you will either go free or get a slap on the wrists. Say a woman that shoots her pshycotic ex who used to beat the shit out of her and now stalks her when he tries to stab her. She is almost guaranteed to walk free. Either way she gets to live and she had the possibility to have a decent means of selfdefense.

A tank with it's cannon is 200dollar DD stamp. There's no difficulty to own one.

>it should be legal to own a sherman in usa without any problems

plenty of people in the US own Sherms, i mean it's not "common" but I'd be willing to be it's a 4-digit number of people.

I said defense of property to demontraye how far removed from theory law in the real world is. But anways, where are you from? And why the hell did you move in if you don't speak polish?

Hey Stud why dont you DOX away show me what a man you are

I live in the city on a busy road, its illegal to shoot within city limits, last month i shot a possum in my front yard with an ar before dinner, nobody did anything. The fucker scampered off unfazed, i think hes still coming around.

>might as well tell us your bank account code and number while you're at it
you just jelly princess

Adjust to the law. I said that you can carry a bp gun for self defense against lethal threaths. That you want to shoot people stealing apples and aren't permitted under the law isn't relevant to my claim. I'm swedish. Met a polish girl, plus it's nice to not have any arabs around. I don't live here full time. One month here, one month there type of deal.

waiting on you master hacker lets see you pull some exif data off my pics. Not my first rodeo girlfriend

I live in a neighborhood of 1-2 acre lots where people keep illegal livestock and there's no HOA. I could shoot pellet guns all day. Neighbors probably wouldn't see me through the trees, and wouldn't care if they did. An occasional shot with a firearm would probably also go unreported. On New Year's Eve I could magdump into the air... everyone else does.

>Tfw I'm Mexican
>Tfw illegal immigrants have given my nationality a bad name
>Tfw if I moved to the US the citizens might change their percetion of me because I am Mexican

I thought Jow Forums stripped EXIF on all boards but /p/ now?

That is the fucked up part of US immigration. We give it away to who come here illegally, but make people that want to come here legally jump through so many hoops.

Possums are bros...