/pcc/ Pistol Caliber Carbine General

Office/Workplace Defense Edition

Old Thread: discord.gg/TqNtJyz

Okay guys, now what do I buy next for my workplace defense armory? I would love that UMP clone that's posted often. Any suggestions on plate carriers for a mixed AR-15 pistol/MP5 loadout?

Attached: 20190501_132618-min.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDB-h-MhdGU
extarusa.com/ep9.htm
atlanticfirearms.com/products/draco-nak9-ak-9mm-pistol#
caagearup.com/product/mckswmp-micro-conversion-kit-stabilizer-smith-wesson/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I guess work defense will do
Where did you get your VFG? I got an HK made one from Arms Unlimted but honestly it feels like shit, real bad mold line and meh plastic.

Attached: 4Kjlc3c.jpg (4032x2268, 2.47M)

I got mine from HK parts and it's the American version. I tried putting an EOTECH on mine too but it's too bulky. Hard finding optics that match the aesthetics.

NIB Marlin Camp 9, still got the sticker on it that says Gary test fired it some time in '85.

Low serial & JM stamped.

Attached: marlin.jpg (1600x900, 635K)

Need pcc conversion kit for a M&P40

KAC+T2

I want to get into PCC's and I've had a boner for the UMP for the longest time. Is the Omega Gideon receiver any good or should I hunt down a USC and convert it?

Agreed

Attached: mp5k.jpg (1080x845, 103K)

apc9 is the future. the 80s were a long time ago, HKfags

Besides the paperwork what do you need to do to SBR (add a real stock to) a Zenith pistol, just replace the end plate, buy an MP5 stock and pin the two together?

We need on for the M&P period.

Any word of HK releasing an SP5? Or any models with lugs?
If not, I’ll just wait for the apc9 pro.

I've always liked the look of the single point sling method of carrying and shooting the MP5K. Of course if you absolutely have to get the VFG you might as well get it SBR'd and put a stock on there.

Attached: mp5-pdw_sling.jpg (1394x671, 167K)

Plz do this

Generally any stock you buy will come with an endplate and you'll be good to go. Reminder that 5ks can not use stocks designed for the full size.

Attached: 20161107_171157.jpg (3264x1836, 1.93M)

Well you could always AFG it.

Attached: IMG_20170117_182745.jpg (4096x3072, 1.59M)

Thanks. I'm trying to put off buying any other cheaper funs until I have $2k to throw at a Zenith. I think I like the RS over the K, tough choice though

So I'm looking for a PCC that can take widely available mags in a common caliber (9mm)
My interest is a light, compact rifle (or braced pistol). I've considered both building an AR-9, but I like the idea of a folding stock. Sub-2k tickles my fancy too. Any suggestions that I might not have considered or should go look at again?

Attached: ultimate oper8tor special.jpg (1024x1024, 126K)

Ruger PCC. Takes glock mags and can break down from a 16 inch barrel rifle like a 10/22 takedown can.

Is CMMG's radial delayed blowback a meme?

Make sure to replace the recoil buffer.

Attached: umptues416.jpg (3970x2750, 2.49M)

Nope, which is a shame since zenith's latest imports seem to be dog shit. The apc9 pro is going to sell like a mother fucker.

whats up with the zeniths? anything besides loose magwells?

USC. Try and shoot one before you commit. People on hkpro have built them and immediately flipped them because they didn’t like them.
General consensus on the UMP is usually “meh.”

Does my Marlin 1894c count as a PCC?

THIS. Do NOT wait do it now bud. Once it shatters it will crack the stock and the original stocks are impossible to find. Also a mess cleaning the shattered buffer outta the receiver.

There's some magwell wiggle in the newer Zeniths. I have one with slight wiggle and the other is extremely tight. One top annoying thing is the inability to put in a magazine with 30 rounds and the bolt closed.

Haven’t shot it yet but this has been a dream gun for over a decade and I can safely say that unless it ends up being a piece of Turkish shit after shooting it it’ll be my favorite gun I own and have owned. I plan to finally shoot it Friday

Attached: D069D7CE-873C-4E93-B72B-53D39CA31D55.jpg (1536x2048, 1.06M)

Thanks i'll look into it

Attached: 1554424081953.jpg (763x1200, 457K)

>yOu ToOk a SeT oF ViSe GriPs To A 2000$ gUn?
I did. & I fixed my magwell. Shoots like a dream. Love it.

Attached: IMG_20190407_171513.jpg (2024x1518, 494K)

Stuck bolts, canted sights and finish issues are what I've read. Also, their repairs are half assed, as per this guy (it's in the comments).
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aDB-h-MhdGU

why is the discord rules fucking gay. i'm not posting my shit just to be let in

>Ruger PCC
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but that little bugger is like 7 lbs.

You can't go wrong either way but you could probably build an Omega as a rifle or pistol for the price of a base USC and have a fine clone or go all out on a USC conversion.
Very true. Not everybody stays trilled with theirs, I love mine though.

Shit. I can fix a magwell but I'd hate to get stuck with a $2,000 lemon that they won't fix.

want

Attached: rsz_20190329_074621.jpg (1008x756, 922K)

Magazines only wobble when the bolt is open and the bolt only sticks with my MKE magazines when actively pushing the magazine forward and only with MKE magazines. The bolt does not get stuck with my H&K or POF magazines. If I’m not pushing forward on the magazine it won’t stop the bolt. It’s really a nonissue. It’s kind of annoying for being an $1800 but let’s be real it’s a budget H&K knockoff ($1800 is expensive for AR stuff but for H&K it’s budget). As long as I’m not pushing the magazine forward while using MKE magazines it’ll never be a problem.

7lbs is fine if you don't have soi arms. Probably soaks up recoil like a champ too

1 1/4 inch sling or 1 inch sling for pistol caliber carbines?

I was checking one out at the lgs last week and I was about to argue that it's much lighter than that but you are apparently correct. For what it's worth it balances really nicely, it didn't feel a pound over 5lbs to me at the time.

here is a quick shitty phonepost

Attached: IMG_05745.jpg (4032x2578, 951K)

Attached: 20190429_031924.jpg (4032x2268, 1.99M)

looɔ ʎʇʇǝɹd sʞool

ty

Attached: 20190501_210132.jpg (2163x3846, 3.18M)

Using the old definition, sure.

AR-9
Job done.

>7lbs is fine if you don't have soi arms.
As a migrant from the bolt-action fuddhunter world, I concur.

The Extar EP9 is about the same price, and much much lighter. And the YouTube reviews are raving over it.

extarusa.com/ep9.htm

AK-V or KP9
Unobtainium vs obtainable
Cheap mags vs proprietary $50 mags
Lots of video coverage vs almost none
Whats the better 9mm AK?

Pic unrelated unobtainium

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x194, 7K)

Vityaz kit build

I just want to throw this out there for the PCC guys that have taken an interest in the AR platform and the potential of "other than" .223/5.56.
Thumper rounds do extremely well in 12" barrels.
Sure, shared 9mm rounds between primary and secondary is fucking awesome.
But you already have 2 guns.
5.56 is multipurpose- so load 9mm on your hip and something substantial in your semi-auto rifle.

Attached: IMG_20190501_212122427~2.jpg (1567x3390, 739K)

You want to come over and do it to my gun? The MP5 is fine, its the MP5K that could use some fixin

Where have all the CZ Scorpion pistols gone? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Attached: 1538253363266.png (448x332, 135K)

Attached: 20190406_123535.jpg (4032x3024, 2.87M)

I think they import guns in big batches so we may just be in between shipments.

Is there a better UMP mag coupler option than the B&T? 60 dollars is a bit fucking ridiculous but if it's between that and some chink strap garbage I'm gonna go B&T

Attached: 1531345960999.jpg (2480x3065, 2.94M)

atlanticfirearms.com/products/draco-nak9-ak-9mm-pistol#

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Are their any in development at all?

Alright. To the other Ruger PC carbine dude out there that was interested in the Midwest Industries hand guard. Just going to have a short dump.

Turns out this thing is as simple as can be. Not a whole lot to it. You took your handguard off to modify it and this isn't any more complicated. Surprisingly lightweight, although I don't have a whole lot of experience with these, but still feels solid and sturdy.

Attached: hg1.jpg (756x656, 102K)

Came with just a couple bits and bobs. No sling connector though. I thought they were supposed to be sent out with QD ones but nope. Not even an uncle mikes or whatever. Gotta get your preferred sling separately.

Attached: hg2.jpg (748x1008, 300K)

Just the one screw. Get it on there nice and tight and it feels solid as one piece. It comes with a screw, it doesn't want you to yank the captive one out of the old handguard.

Attached: hg3.jpg (756x650, 124K)

And now I'm even sillier as before. Need a new bipod, if I even want one, because this has and m-lok to rail adapter, a rail to uncle mikes adapter, then the bipod on that. I'm still not sold on the bipod but if I find a dirt cheap one that'll not require a stack of adapters I might pick it up.

All in all, feels great to hold. I'm sure my mind is playing tricks on me but it feels a little lighter in the front with most of the gravity further back against your shoulder. Good stuff. I'm happy.

Attached: PCCDHG.jpg (1008x756, 157K)

Oh, and lastly it looks like you have some options up front for slings or whatever. Everything else on it is m lok

Attached: UpFront.jpg (753x1008, 156K)

I swear there's more shit on this abomination every time I see it. I love it.

Now all you need is the wood stock.

Attached: 1555543589033.jpg (1500x612, 240K)

I wonder how hard it would be to get my hands on a prototype. I know it would be a pain in the ass to make a good one. Maybe I might be able to trick someone into knocking something together pretty quick.

caagearup.com/product/mckswmp-micro-conversion-kit-stabilizer-smith-wesson/

Are these legal in NJ or do they count as a sbr or something?

Attached: MCK_ANGLED_CAD_DRAWING_2.jpg (910x909, 20K)

Wait, no. I'm a dumbass. I can just take the thing out of the thing and use it without the thing. I'm glad I got to looking at it again. Still silly, but not adapterception silly.

Attached: Embetterment.jpg (1000x621, 131K)

It's probably good, but honestly I would not risk it in NJ

>submitted my form 1 for a 9mm can 18 days ago

life is suffering. Approve my shit ATF. I decided to go with a 3 lug mount. I'll be putting a muzzle brake 3 lug adapter on the Suomi. The can will be around 9.4" total with the 3 lug adapter unfortunately, because I can't find anywhere selling 6.5" B cell "solvent traps" threaded the same as SDTA.

Eventually I want to put a CMMG rotating delayed blowback bolt and 5" barrel on the AR9, along with a 3 lug brake, so I can use the can on it as well.

Attached: IMG_0760.jpg (2500x3075, 3.67M)

do they make shorter glock mag drums? cause that looks silly. You should try and cut it down to fit flush.

Nice, how do you like that mi handguard? Was it easy to install?

Not that I’ve seen, someone really needs to make a “Glock 26 drum” just for the pc carbine

I don't think so. If the PC carbine continues to be as popular as it seems to be maybe someone will make a less silly one for it. As it stands now, it's so long because it's meant to go in a handgun grip.

Stupidly easy. Just unscrew the one screw on the old handguard, use the provided screw to put the new one in it's place. I like how it feels so far but I've just been molesting it in my room for the past hour. I'll head out to the range tomorrow to do some shooting with it.

Also
>Cut it down to fit flush

Eh. I don't think I have the tools or know how to do that. I'll take a closer look at the drum another time and see if it might be possible. I'd just have to keep the top part with the lips so it feeds properly. That means I'd have to cut the whole stick off, shorten it, and stick it back on. I'm not sure if that's something within my ability. The other option would be to just cut it short and figure out how to fashion new feed lips. Again, outside of my ability.

Yeah, but theres multiple 9mm glocks. a G26 mag would probably fit quite well

Dremel tool and some super glue. It'd probably take 5 minutes. Measure exactly how much length you need to the drum to fit flush, then cut the top part off in that length. Then cut the stem flush against the drum and superglue the top part to it.

>I'll take a closer look at the drum another time and see if it might be possible. I'd just have to keep the top part with the lips so it feeds properly
That could still be fucked up, look at how the stack isn't perfectly even here. Feed geometry is tricky stuff.

Attached: GLK-9-22-2.gif.png (1000x680, 296K)

>workplace defense armory
hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

I'm not going to mess with it right now. I need to take it out to the range a couple times, realize the drum is kinda shitty and then I'll be more bold with fucking it up.

Yeah. I also have a pile of the clear 30 round stick mags. At first I thought it was loading weird but I loaded a couple of them and compared and they all stack identically. I might be able to use one of the clear ones as a guide. I think I'd be pretty safe since I'd have to cut below the grooves that keep it locked in the gun. The weird stack always evens out not long after that point. The drum mag holds them single file in the drum part, then feeds them into the stick double stacked. I think that will give me a little wiggle room so I wouldn't have to be EXACT. I think I'd still have to get pretty close but if I took a couple measurements and had a couple beers I might be able to get close enough.

Manufacturer?

My original intent was for this to be my innawoods rifle, so the extra weight savings means more food/water/distance to me

>Century
Can we trust them with 9mm?

giving me PPSH vibes

That's the joke my sleepy friend.

What's the smollest 9mm "pistol" I can build/get? I was going to do a .45 AR but PSA is sold out of all the parts.

Single point all the way. Get a belt hook too so you can hang the rifle under your firing arm, I set a hook on my right hip to catch the barrel and keep it out of the way, the use the tension of the sling pressed in front of me to help stabilize. Blat blat.

I operate a large commercial property and often have to respond to tweaked out people breaking into my property. I live onsite and have wondered about good systems for defense. I carry a sub compact 9 but with only 6+1 it leaves a lot to be desired as there's plenty of situations where that's just too few rounds.

Is the UMP or mp5 really the best option? I'd like something that isn't too overblown on cost, but uses 9mm, and has rails for a light. I've seen some 9mm AR platforms but they always look hacked together or heavier than needed.

My knowledge of 9mm rifle like pistol systems is honestly limited. Anything smaller than these with a stock and rails? I remember when the MP9 came out I drooled over it but know nothing of its success or value in real use.

see

How do I remove the shitty finish on my Omega without destroying the gun?

Never heard of that before. I really want to like it, it's the epitome of poverty but for $400 it's a huge bang for your buck and seems like a decent beater.

>kind of want to gift one to a friend who's a poorfag and only owns a .38 wheelieboi.

Im pretty new to the PCC scene, and wondering what Jow Forums‘a opinions are on the best price:quality MP5 clone.
Looking for all info such as highest quality clones regardless of the price as well as cheapest/most affordable clone that is built well.
Pic semi related I’d think, just some zeniths from last years shot show.

Attached: 5BB51A2C-1DFB-453D-8E45-BCE042D57DB0.jpg (640x480, 83K)

Highest quality clone is Zenith. Best price/quality is probably PTR.

I’m thinking of putting together an AR-9 anons. Any recommendations on uppers, lowers, parts kits, barrels etc? Am I better off buying a prebuilt? My only criteria really is that I’d like it to fit glock mags.

how much did this run you? should I buy this or the LWRC when it comes out?

A basic AR would be effective, much cheaper, and less likely to raise eyebrows if you ever have to use it. All pistol carbines that are small and good are also expensive. Carrying anything with a tax stamp seems like an invitation for trouble, and carrying anything with a brace is practically begging the popo and prosecutor's office to crawl up your ass.

fuddlore

Where do you work that you come up with that kind of contingency plan and why dont you wear level 4plates and carry an sbr instead

>I tried putting an EOTECH on mine too but it's too bulky. Hard finding optics that match the aesthetics.
it's fine

Attached: MP5MLI_k.jpg (1024x541, 65K)

Attached: dryheave.jpg (400x300, 14K)

Is there a reason you want a PCC for this application?
"large commercial property" sounds like subcarbine territory to me.

Attached: US_Navy_071019-N-6552M-024_A_team_of_four_SEAL_trainees_prepare_to_breach_a_room_during_a_SEAL_quali (2100x1645, 714K)

>memespouting

>noguns

Soon brothers. Soon.

Attached: JPEG_20190428_125015.jpg (2016x1512, 1.1M)

been cleaning it up recently, knocking slag off of it. Found a guy to make the barrel but no one to help get the receiver together

Attached: JPEG_20190428_124254.jpg (1504x2016, 975K)