AirRinger defensive arrow pistol

What's Jow Forums's opinion on the AirRinger? It's a two shot arrow pistol meant for self defense in cucked countries with no rights. In Germany it's considered a toy regardless of FPE because it's arrows slide OVER the barrel therefore it doesn't fit their definition of a "gun". It puts out 50fpe and the bolts look like they'd cause a lot of damage.

I wonder if this type of thing might cause the laws to change after some brat uses it offensively. I know that in the US airgun community, people are afraid that "tactical" or even just high powered/full auto airguns might "ruin it for everyone else". So far it hasn't happened yet and the category of "dangerous airguns" has expanded dramatically over the years.

Attached: 31914135_1678623422225853_4954982784461438976_n.jpg (960x640, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supernewsworld.com/What-Can-The-US-Learn-From-Germany-About-Gun-Control--DW-English-3465968.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks cool, thanks OP I was working on one for myself but forgot to finish it

Here is the bolt/dart thingy. Looks like they borrowed the Brocock air cartridge idea. It's nice having the ammo all in one piece rather than using a separate air cylinder, IMO. Runs at 5,000 psi. Sends the 7g projectile at ~460fps

Attached: image.jpg (661x284, 75K)

Ahh jeeze now I'm hard, just found this

Attached: image (1).jpg (661x335, 38K)

He put the ballistic jell test on fb because he's on strike against youtube I guess
facebook period com/watch/?v=1685965761491619

Extremely erect
pocket crossbows and other shit like this are fun, but this thing actually packs some punch to it. wonder what its effective range is.

Seems pretty cool to me. My only concern is how durable are the darts and is it possible for an end-user to refill them? The darts look expensive and potentially fragile. That's fine for its intended purpose of self-defense, but it's very bad for training or plinking.

Where I live guns are legal, so I wouldn't carry this for self defense, but it looks fun as hell for plinking.

Also, I'm sure that the laws will change regarding these in the future. That is certainly a deadly weapon, and likely rather quiet too, so you bet legal changes are coming.

Oh, and the pressure being so high makes me even more concerned that it would be hard to refill them yourself. I have a few high end PCP airguns. I have a tank that I get refilled at dive shops. Most dive shops can only go to around 3,000-3,500 psi in my experience. It's hard to find one who can go higher. 5,000 would be very tricky. You either need access to a compressor which is either mind-numbingly slow, or is very expensive (and likely both). The other alternative is to get a "6k" compressed nitrogen tank from a welding gas supplier, but those have their own problems: heavy as fuck, most welding gas places don't stock them, and while the nitrogen gas itself is dirt cheap, the cost of purchasing the tank is very high.

Still a fucking cool "gun" though.

yeah the german government is gonna ban those in about ten minutes and use all of their police and intel assets to track down those who purchased one.
priorities and all that. can't have anyone interfere with a refugee's sexual emergency.

I hope they export

Seems fun. If I lived in Germany I'd carry about six of them, like I was a pirate.

They look the other way, as long as real guns aren't available, they can still claim to be better than us

Airbows are cool. Hunting regs need to be updated, though. Even in famously airgun friendly Arizona, they're not officially classified so you can't hunt with them. IMO they should be treated as crossbows.

Damn I was excited seeing the pic thinking it was a gun.

This kinda looks like something I'd play around with in my backyard and accidentally shoot my neighbors dog with.

Pretty neato, I wonder if it's more accurate since the arrow slides on the "barrel".

Jorg Sprave went and bought himself a $400 HPA compressor from china, against many youtube commenters recommendation. They are known to be low quality and the worst case scenario is they turn into a bomb. Hopefully none of his fans/customers get hurt. I only own one of those bike pump looking 5kpsi pumps you pump by hand.

Good thing is Airventuri has come out with some really high quality HPA compressors that can even run off a 12v power source. With a lithium batter you could fit it in a backpack. That's a brand I'd trust my life with. But yea, 5kpsi air is kinda dangerous... more so than smokeless powder desu famalam

pic related my diy .30 cal

Attached: IMG_20190301_183205.jpg (876x657, 79K)

Joerg is a cuck fuck him.

Attached: Screenshot_20190419001024_YouTube.jpg (1480x720, 420K)

Assassin's weapon? How loud is it?

Fucking lardass

WTFFFF he must have been larping man
That's some hypocritical bullshit, many of his weapons can easily kill someone and he refers to their usefulness is self defense constantly

5000psi? it's 3600psi

Bretty loud. It's releasing 5kpsi air. Not quite as loud as a real gun probably

i've had one of those compressors for a couple years now, filled my bottles hundreds of times and haven't had an issue?

Nope. It was him bragging about German gun laws compared to american gun laws. Its on jewtube somewhere.

that looks like it's been taken out of context pretty hard, it's a sentence fragment. it could very easily be that "Under german gun law we can own guns but it..."

What is? The airringer is 350 bar ~ 5kpsi

I don't know what the specs of the airranger are, I was just going by what the previous poster stated, which was 5000.

If it is 3600 that is much easier.

I'm not familar with Air Venturi's newest models but a buddy of mine has one of their older ones. It does work, but it is mind-numbingly slow. He only uses it to top off tanks after getting the dive shop to fill them most of the way.

Idk man I've read that they are not safe or built well, maybe I'm overgeneralizing but I hear when you're dealing with that much pressure, you get what you pay for, and worst case is you pay with your life.
That's what I'm thinking, I'll try to find it. In the end his is an entertainer and his content may not reflect his own opinions I suppose. But making an entire website focused on selling relatively high powered non-regulated weapons seems pretty pro-gun in a way.
I see, yea I'll try to find out if the newer ones are any better. I'm sure it's frustrating to hear it powerdown from overheating before your bottles even full, I've heard that before too.

yep i was right, go and watch that video and that screenshot is him describing the german government's view on guns. plus it's edited with pro gun control in mind.
supernewsworld.com/What-Can-The-US-Learn-From-Germany-About-Gun-Control--DW-English-3465968.html

Remind me, what's the legal status of non-lethal self-defense tools like pepper spray and tasers over in countries like Germany and the UK?

the cartriges of the airranger are tiny so filling them with even a hand pump would take a few strokes at most.

Moving to a new place but can’t take the upright safe just yet. Is putting the rifles in big plastic bins for the move a good way other than just rolling up in blankets?

Pepper spray is sold in Germany to anyone over the age of 18

tasers in germany must be approved by the PTB before they're allowed to be sold

Germany and the UK are different countries

Carrying anything in the UK for "self-defence" is illegal, last time i checked sprays / tazers etc are illegal. Hell even if you say have a cricket bat or other in your car, you can be arrested for that. Any knife you carry [i.e pocket knife] needs to be >2"

But yeah, pepper spray is considered an "offensive weapon" Fucking moronic [bong here.]

I said this when I posted it. Hes still fellating his gun laws and doing an interview with someone who blows his countries dick in terms of violations on basic rights. Dont defend this shit.

nigger he's EXPLAINING german gun laws. and you have no idea what the interviewer told him to get the interview or what was cut out

Not trusting it until I see some harpooned immigrants. It's basically a modern chokuno with less capacity.

>n-n-no he was just explaining

Lmao watch as he apologizes and makes excuses and brags about it. Say what you need to say eceleb fan. He also virtue signalled for based Muslim invaders in his comment section.

Joerg is a cuck. Ive unsubbed.

>cherrypicking shit out of context
DID YOU EVEN TRY?

I just carry a gun. Seems like a better plan.

Attached: zedjwftw2zay.jpg (388x393, 28K)

Big if true

Why are trying to discredit a good man by taking his words out of context user? Are you a communist?

>ill take the minicrossbow

>I'm sure it's frustrating to hear it powerdown from overheating before your bottles even full, I've heard that before too.
That's not so hard to deal with. My buddy just points a fan at the compressor while it's running, that is enough to keep it overheating. What I was complaining about is just the low flow rate.

That's a a very good point, actually.

Until the fags that be pass more anti peasant laws, it's better than nothing. Burning down the reichstag again is also a good option.

are these things actually available? or are they still just prototypes? IIRC they announced these over a year ago and said the'd be available in a 'few months'

I'd like to see an armour penetration test with that thing.

Attached: body armour meets bolt.jpg (1469x1004, 118K)

One guy got charged for having a potato peeler on him.
Yes, really.

Only cause the good side lost.

Probably miserable vs. hard armor, but would whiz straight through kevlar.

I really want one of these now.

Canada also has some of these laws. Nun chucks, throwing stars, tasers, brass knuckles and mace are all prohibited.

Interestingly, dog and bear spray are totally legal and you could hypothetically use them on a human in the heat of the moment, but carrying specifically for the purpose of using against people is not lawful.
Weird, I know.
The people who made these laws were morons, though. They banned the G11 by name. Really.

Attached: German Engineering.jpg (960x960, 127K)

>cherrypicking
Nice try

Hypothetically, dog and bear spray would be less effective against a person because they're designed for use against animals with more sensitive noses than ours and are less concentrated accordingly.

Im germany you can buy whichever pepperspray you want, as long as you intend to carry it for defence against animals. Interesting how they have to be weaker in Canada when they have the same purpose.

Horse shit.
Bear spray is higher concentration OC% than standard "mace".

A 5k pressure release will be plenty loud without a moderator or silencer.

>7g projectile at ~460fps
>50 ftlb
>less than half the energy of mid-grade 22lr
OOF

It will, but the pressure will have dropped a lot by the time the "dart" has left the "gun", the same way that a modern rifle cartridge might be 60,000 peak chamber pressure but only 5k once the bullet leaves the muzzle and you actually "hear" it.

Now choose between that and a baseball bat.

It's about what you'd get firing .22LR out of a very compact pistol. Certainly not great, but also potentially lethal.

Now then, if you could get some kind of cutting blade on the darts--something like a broadhead--then that's a whole different ballgame.

muh sectional density, though

Or you make the tip frangible. Some sort of ceramic, maybe? Nice and hard, leaves jagged pieces in the ribcage.

.22 has far lower frontal area, making it a superior penetrator. Add blades to the dart and then things are different.

That's certainly nasty, but I'd be concerned if there be enough energy to fracture the tip in a meaningful manner? If there are fragments that penetrate deep enough to cut blood vessels and so on, that's a good thing. But if the effect isn't substantial I'd rather have a single penetrator that can get deeper.

It's definitely worth a test, IMO.
If it's roughly the same diameter as the shaft, it should still get good penetration.
Think along the lines of the Lehigh Judge ammo.

Attached: Lehigh Judge ammo.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

>It's definitely worth a test
Absoloutely.

I've seen what the expanding/fracturing stuff can do, and it's nasty as hell. the problem is that the extant examples happen at a lot higher velocity/energy than we're talking about here. But you're 100% right it's worth testing. I know that a 22LR hollow point will expand out of my NAA revolver, and that's roughly 50 ft-lb.

Yeah, I think the exact material used is going to be the biggest factor in performance for such a projectile. It has to have JUST the right amount of brittleness to it.

>If it's roughly the same diameter as the shaft, it should still get good penetration.

Actually, let me back up and address that. The dart seems to be much larger in diameter than a .22, and it also has lower velocity. thus I would expect the dart to penetrate far worse than a .22. If the tip is frangible that reduces its penetration even further.

That said, I do agree that it's absolutely worth a test.

Oh, and I've got a governor loaded with those Lehighs in a desk holster in my office :)

Yeah, it needs to fracture easily so it doesn't deplete the energy of the round when doing so, and ideally it would form extremely sharp edges, since we're already behind in terms of both energy and frontal area.

I'd certainly like to see gel and meat tests with this thing.

What's the diameter of the arrow and the thread spec for the tip?
Feel like tossing together a quick model for shiggles.

Attached: 1520074971740.png (559x527, 43K)

In his video he fills the tiny cylinders in a few seconds with his chinesium pump.
Pic related is a little taste, that's plywood behind the leather. He used little broadheads on these arrows
Can't carry a bat in your pocket or project it's power a distance that separates you from your threat

Attached: 58382777_2164334783654712_5161207795252461568_n.jpg (960x540, 102K)

Attached: 58654683_2164288306992693_4690394923373953024_n.jpg (960x719, 61K)

Attached: 52611736_2079324265489098_607852633910149120_n.jpg (960x720, 74K)

Knives need to be bigger than 2 inches?

This is a natsoc board now. Lolberts btfo

>Pocket crossbows and tactical harpoons
Yes please.

There would have to be significant legislation in order to change the laws on airguns in the U.S. at the federal level, they are specifically exempted from regulation as firearms per the NFA. There's even a burgeoning market for air gun specific suppressors, although there is quite a lot of debate as to whether they will get your dog shot if you own any firearms because of the broad wording of the laws surrounding firearms suppressors.

>and likely rather quiet too
Only in the sense that the darts aren't breaking the sound barrier. That much compressed gas expanding is going to create a considerable report, even if it's not quite firearms level it certainly isn't crossbow levels of quiet.

Attached: 4E096008-4C66-4426-BB22-7F70EC0EF5FA.jpg (583x416, 96K)

>In Germany
Why would you want to defend yourself in Germany when the police will defend you instead?

Attached: 1532718019970.jpg (1289x1004, 299K)

>MUH CHERRYPICKING
Look at all these shitheads who are defending another retarded e-celeb leftist SJW cunt.
Joerg Sprave is a piece of shit. He has A WHOLE VIDEO on German gun control and how this is "the right way to go".
Anyway, eat shit, commies! Go back to YT/plebbit and suck on that SJW's dick there.

Attached: 1553859498868.png (1110x697, 51K)

What happen to all the larger caliber air rifles?

Attached: wizard_of_air.jpg (606x473, 61K)

Yea the suppressor thing is weird. My understanding of it is that if it can't be easily applied to a firearm are modified easily to fit one then it's fine. So basically if you have to practically re-manufacture the suppressor to make it fit, you may as well have made one from scratch, so the fact that it start off as an airgun suppressor shouldn't matter. That's for the judge and jury to figure out after your dog is shot BUT.

In 2010 another case set precedent that the intention of the manufacturer is the deciding factor. So if it's made for airguns, it's an airgun suppressor, period. That's supposed to give us some peace of mind.

I played it safe and made my suppressor integral to my barrel shroud, you'd literally have to cut it up and attach an adapter of some sort. Also it's aluminum and couldn't handle a real muzzle blast. BUT I'd love to make it removable so I can actually fit this damn thing in my backpack like I intended. It just makes me nervous. If a random cop see's it, I almost guarantee he's gonna ask for my stamp then arrest me.

Attached: M4wwXi5.jpg (2688x1512, 485K)

Everyone started aped for 30 cals and bigger muzzle energy.

Attached: Black powder infograph.jpg (599x3482, 352K)

What do you mean? There are more now than ever. Several small US businesses similar to Dennis', as well as multiple larger manufacturers overseas. Though I'll admit, nobody makes a big bore pistol like Quackenbush.

Attached: big-daq-little-daq.jpg (3089x1045, 969K)

This .72 cal does ~1000fpe something like a ~1000grain projectile at ~900fps I think

Attached: images.jpg (238x211, 8K)

Witness the LuftLuger
I wish this "Rakemaan" guy had got these manufactured, it's a .50 cal single shot with 400fpe. He also made a semi-auto .50 cal, it seemed really efficient by how many shots he got out of it. Where did he go? :(

Attached: 144274ca7ad0173233c1b61a2bd2bc577859bf6a89fa4609d4e21ee47860ffbf.jpg (624x273, 23K)

One day I'll buy a DAQ pistol, put a second air cylinder on it like pic related, and 3D print some Marauder style magazines (maybe just 3 shots since .58cal is huge). Two cylinders should be able to handle 6 full powered shots.

Attached: 6C90F060-B3F3-43BC-AA82-230990E14B2C.jpg (1024x768, 564K)

Evanix is selling semi-auto .30cals that look quite powerful. Their old models even went full auto but those were electronically fired, the newer models are fully air actuated, so no battery to charge.

Attached: Evanix Max Air Bronze Walnut.jpg (1600x1200, 79K)

Of course if I'm gonna mention full auto, this bad boy's gotta come out. Real mystery why nobody makes these (probably a liability thing) and why there are NONE ANYWHERE but I guess he only made a few, and wasn't too successful selling plans and kits.

Attached: 10153690_10203594045793925_1837628793_n.jpg (720x960, 233K)

>LuftLuger
holy shit i was looking for this image for a long time

There are plenty of full auto "BB guns" out there. You can get replicas of many classic submachine pistols, etc that fire full auto off a CO2 tank. Inexpensive too. I haven't seen any "high end" models though.

Oh, you're right that it's not as quiet as a crossbow but it's a hell of a lot quieter than a firearm. I'd bet money that it would be quieter than a even a suppressed subsonic .22

In his defense he was quoting what he things the State's philosophy of gun use/laws are, not his own moral opinion.

If you watch the whole video its obvious that is his intent.

The ATF is quite clear on this.

Their definition of a supressor is any device which could be attached to the muzzle of a firearm that results in a sound reduction of at least 1 dB for one shot. In other words, it doesn't matter if that one shot destroys the "supressor"....if it makes even one single shot quieter by a mere 1 dB then legally it's a suppressor. It doesn't matter if the device is not easily attached to the firearm, the ATF will modify it, use thread adapters, etc, as they see fit. That is a rather stupid definition, because things like oil filters, rolls of toilet paper, pillows, potatoes, 2L bottles full of foam padding, etc, all fit. Nobody said laws had to make sense.

That said, they also have a very specific FAQ about airgun and paintball silencers on their web page. You would do well to read it.

At a time I had seriously considered getting into that business (I own a machine shop, and I'm into high power airguns) but I decided the legal headaches simply weren't worth it.

Your math is off. 1000 grains @ 900 ft/s is 1800 ft-lb.