Help me out Jow Forums, I'm looking to get an entry level .308 bolt gun

Help me out Jow Forums, I'm looking to get an entry level .308 bolt gun.
I've heard good shit on here about Savage and CZ, but I need pointed in the right direction

Attached: 24843.jpg (500x103, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

luckygunner.com/lounge/controlled-feed-vs-push-feed-rifles/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get Tikka

Ruger if poorfag, Savage and CZ are nice, Tikka and Thompson Center are best.

Anyone here ever tried a Mossberg Patriot?

Yes. I own one in 308 it averages 1 moa. I think a lot of the negative comments are due to the loose scope base they shipped with, guessing Mossberg expected people to replace it with their own. As well as the kick from a light short barrel 308 will affect the shooters accuracy if they are not expecting it. It is good for what it is and what it does. Plus it takes M1A/M14, AR10 SR25 and LR308 mags unlike some rifles only taking manufacturer magazines.

Any longer variations to maybe improve it?

Ruger what exactly?

Yeah they have a few one is the Thunder Ranch version think it is a 20" bbl. I got the MVP patrol cause I wanted a short brush gun.

Ruger American, but for less than $50 more than a .308 American, you can get a Savage Axis which are excellent for the price.

Is .308 the go to or would it be wiser to spring for the 8mm version?

American Predator.

Short barrel, threaded muzzle, picatinny rail, and are offered bundled with Vortex optics.

308 is good. 6.5 creedmoor has less kick if it is your first time shooting far. It also has a better ballistic coefficient so it groups better.

New CZ is pushfeed, they cheaped out and got rid their mauser actions. Just get savage or tikka now.

What about a bergara?

You'll have to elaborate, my only bolt gun is a savage in 17HMR

What’s the difference between tikka and sako rifles.

Tikka is the budget line of the parent company Sako, from Finland, which makes sporting and military rifles.

Fun fact: The Swiss Army uses a SAKO TRG in .338 Lapua Magnum for their marksman rifle rather than their domestically produced SIGs, and you know the Swiss are autistic about quality.

I keep posing my poorfag rifle, but Savage Axis in literally pick your round, and it makes a good starter. I would get the Axis 2 though for that accutrigger.

Attached: image 100.jpg (697x523, 50K)

get a .270

hijacking to ask how the 6.5 cm bergara b14 hmr is

CZ 550 series of rifles were Mauser action. Controlled feed. Can't be double fed, no jams, bullet can't be knocked loose.
CZ 557 (replaced the 550) are push feed. The bolt just shoves the round into the chamber. This has been common for most budget sporting rifles.

luckygunner.com/lounge/controlled-feed-vs-push-feed-rifles/

So if they're all pushfeed now, the main thing CZ had going for it isn't there anymore. No reason to get it over a savage or a tikka, at least not that I can see.

BERGARA B14 HMR. Remington 700 footprint, and it takes AICS mags. Good adjustable and stiff chassis. Fucking everything you need. Don't listen to all the other fags in this thread.

Attached: 1394861039946.jpg (633x480, 36K)

This.

i got one recently. amazing value for dollar

>AICS mags
$40 dollar magazines................

>caring about mag prices on a fucking bolt action
Really nigger

You plan on buying 10 mags for that last stand with your bolt action?

Why are the threads about actual weapon info so slow?

Go to this thread and take a look at the "gun experts" that browse this board:

most bolt guns with detachable box mags use proprietary stuff that easily cost that much if not more for a 3 rounder.

This is true, and then you have to worry about ever being able to find another magazine once the gun goes out of productoin. My dad has a 50's model Sako bolt gun in .222 Remington and only had one magazine for it, prices online for a used, 3 round, spare magazine are over $100 if you can even find one.

To boil down what I know, I would recommend Savage and Ruger for what you are asking for.
A Savage Axis is pretty decent and functional for the bottom dollar price point. The Axis 2 features an adjustable trigger for about $100 more which is considered an essential upgrade by many in the bolt gun community. The factory stock on both of them are gonna feel cheap however, Savage makes other rifles with better stocks and other features but we are stepping out of the entry level territory here.
As for Ruger, you'd be looking for a Ruger American. Black stock is the most basic, I've heard bad rumors about their flush rotary mags. Green stock is called Predator, features a thicker barrel and threaded muzzle, some variants use AICS box mags rather than the flush rotary mag. Both the Ruger American and Ruger American Predator are avaliable as bare rifles or bundled with a factory installed Vortex scope.