Why did SK give their best tank design to fucking turkey of all place. wtf...

Why did SK give their best tank design to fucking turkey of all place. wtf. they are make 1000 of these things and the gooks are actively aid them to put APS systems on it. nuke korea pls.

Attached: Altay tank.jpg (600x341, 102K)

>Why did SK give their best tank design to fucking turkey of all place.
As opposed to...

Turkey was the only reasonable buyer available

i don't know how to break it to you user, but people like money

The US wants to sell Turkey the most advanced aircraft in human history, and Russia wants to sell them... well a pretty good missile system for shooting down friendly AWACS aircraft, but it's the best they've got to offer. Point being pretty much anyone with a major arms sale industry is selling shit to Turkey.

Turks wanted to build their own tank and SK was willing to give them the tech, they wanted to produce Leopard 2s under license but the Germans wouldn't let them so here we are.

Let me guess: seething """"Greek"""" and or Armenian.

Well, their only competition are either Russian/Chinese or 2nd hand Leopards.
The only problem I foresee for Turkey are the availability of parts.

Altay has as much in common with the K2 as the Asad Babil has with a T-72BV.

So quite a bit?

The K2 is, I believe, the most expensive MBT in the world. Either Turkey is looking for a way to cut costs substantially, on top of having a two-tier armor force.

>they wanted to produce Leopard 2s under license but the Germans wouldn't let them so here we are.
Never heard this before. Source?

Not the guy you responded to, but Turkey has been trying to create a serious domestic arms industry for years. Part of the reason they bought the S400 over the Patriot system was due to the fact that Russia was willing to provide some tech transfer in the process. Them doing the same with tanks isn’t surprising.

Only reason Turkey is a NATO member is that they would have been Warsaw pact instead.

The Bosporus straits are pretty strategically important. I suspect even a neutral Turkey would be forced to pick sides eventually.

I assume a nigger stole your wife

Well, that and the fact that it provided the US a staging area for nuclear weapons aimed at Moscow. My grandfather actually served in the region doing some secret radio shit; I think it was sort of like a deadhand system but I'm not really sure. Point is, Turkey for us was like Cuba for the Soviets in terms of strategic importance.

I get the impression from this post that you are not particularly fond of those of African descent, aka the melanin privileged.

>The only problem I foresee for Turkey are the availability of parts.
Plus, I mean... they're Turks. We've seen how well they handle Leopard 2s and M48/60s. I really doubt giving them more technology is going to fix a problem rooted in a fundamental lack of understanding of armored combat.

Turkey was relevant location in 50's, prior to intercontinental ballistic missiles and mid-air refueling. It was a good location bomber and missile bases.

Attached: 1556508894007.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

They also wanted Type 10.

Turkish forces were reasonably well-motivated before Erdogan went full retard on them with Ergenekon, Operation Sledgehammer and the fakeout coup.

Fuck kurds

To be fair having a highly motivated military is lower in priority than making sure it doesn't turn on you.

who knows but maybe because turkey and SK have been allies since ancient times and helped each other defend and arm themselves against the tang chinese forces when turkey was goturks and SK was goguryeo

They wanted the engine technology not the tank itself is what I remember

I couldn't find the source but I remember reading that a few years back.