>Holsters
pastebin.com/U1TGprv7

>Radio and communications
pastebin.com/MHq7QmmD

Attached: gq.jpg (366x370, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ox4qbKlpQpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-vision_device
ebay.com/itm/New-SolarForce-LC-IR-Infrared-850nm-Led-Bulb-Flashlight-for-UltraFire-Surefire/323123996756?hash=item4b3bb0e854:g:OCkAAOSwsGdan7C4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it worth it to get rid of kangaroo pouches for kywi pouches? Also, are there any reasonably priced civilian radios with 6 prong jacks to connect to standard peltor ptts?

Man fuck defcon

Attached: B7B77DAD-6380-46F1-81E5-8DBECAD2C12B.png (750x1334, 233K)

I don't know. But I saw in a thread earlier this week that the Motorola P25 is a pretty damn good option for someone normie. And I think it connects to Peltors but I'm really not sure.

I saw the Coyote Burrito IFAK suggested in the last thread, when I asked about the USGI IFAK.
Can the Burrito attach to PALS webbing? It seemed more belt-oriented. Either way I really like the design.

Attached: burrito.jpg (439x443, 31K)

>some swagfag Vans rip-offs for $150
Yikes. Retards will truly buy anything these days

>vans rip-offs
>actual vans
wdhmyt?

>comfycush
vans for heavy people

Chinese niggers?

I've got a couple of PNV57's laying around. Anyone interested? What's a fair price for them these days?

What's the best option for a portable power supply for them?

Attached: 5b067360570a8.jpg (3024x4032, 2.4M)

Attached: C57F562A-6DAB-42FD-B907-5FB4022AA9CA.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

>What's the best option for a portable power supply for them?
I used a makita 18v drill battery, just cut the pigtail close to the generator and fit a waterproof quick connector on there. I've been told 24v works better though

Got a Mayflower Gen V split rig

Not sure how I’m gonna run any IFAK on this thing

Looks nice though.

$63, $56 with the (((buyers club))) discount. Worth?

Attached: eruvian Military Surplus MOLLE Plate Carrier Vest.png (358x358, 193K)

Thin shoulder pads

Front looks like it’d fuck up with any real weight on it

Nah senpai, fuck that

>defcon
I just wanted one of their orange/black tees from a few releases back. hypebeasts got shit sold out quick.

should have grabbed the osprey vests they had on sale for like 60 bucks with the kevlar still in them

Wow, rood

Attached: 20190501_202054-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 940K)

kywi pouches with blue force gear ten speed pouches on top of those are GOAT

someone buy my swedish plate carrier pls $225 incl pouches

Attached: JPEG_20190414_154029.jpg (864x1152, 207K)

That was me talking about Motorola radios. You need a different ptt adapter, it doesnt connect directly to the radio with the supplied cables.

You can buy this boof

You are about to inherit a lot of subpar design and outdated design heartache. AWS OCPC is the baseline to avoid most of the tears.

how are you protecting your head for when shtf, Jow Forums? all my mates have a UN helmet

Attached: talker-helmet.jpg (244x317, 14K)

any suggestions on a water bottle?
i like drinking water

Attached: 10rdmag.jpg (1024x1024, 219K)

i also enjoy consuming dihydrogen monoxide my fellow human

Spiritus with Haley chest rig for my first PC - yay or nay?

>helmet in shtf
It's like you want to be a target

Nalgene bottles last forever, are lightweight and take a beating. Throw a couple of those in a pack with a bladder/camelbak and you'll keep your hydration levels up for a good while.

Attached: 98sdf4g98sa4g96d8fg49d84.jpg (1696x1294, 1.07M)

yeah the basic bitch nalgene jug bottles are indestructible and lightweight.

I have a philosophical question about building a plate carrier kit. you're betting hundreds of dollars on the chance that you may be getting shot at, but if the conditions arise in which those chances are more likely than not, wouldn't that mean that the world is in such a state that basic infrastructure such as medical care would be out the window? my point is, why invest in something that might save your life when it's more likely that you'll die from a stupid infection? this question has nothing to do with rights, I'm asking purely on a philosophical level. to me it seems more wise to invest in a supply of medical gear/consumables, and training. don't get me wrong, I have a pc myself because this is America and it's cool as fuck. but for the average poorfag, it it a wise choice?

Attached: 4w3r.pmg.png (710x577, 96K)

>you'll die from infection in shtf
What's up with this meme? Will basic medical kits and common sense hygiene cease to exist in a shtf scenario?

Checked.

Nalgenes also make fantastic pee bottles.

It's a few hundred dollar jesus fuck. I already have guns worth several times more, are you going to ask me why I need those too cunt?

I have a sweden fetish but I can't afford that rn :c

so does my mouth

read accounts of civil breakdown in eastern yurop fren
you're never gonna make it with those emotions controlling you

>eastern europe as a baseline

Attached: D32XvlWXsAEEWrS.jpg (720x857, 66K)

Eh. Yes and no. You need a place to hold your shit but in that case a chest rig is just as good if not better. If your an average Joe no. But I have one for work reasons and it's an awesome luxury.

in case you didn't know, poor people are really desperate to convince themselves that they're poor by choice and that it's a good thing they can't buy expensive things

i have one because theyre fucking awesome
id rather have it JIC

Got a tosser email?

This. Spend the extra 12 and get the stainless steel one you can boil water in.

[email protected]

Aw fuck, I like that Mayflower Pusher rig way more than my standard UW Gen IV.
If anyone wants to trade hit me up.

I have one more for local events, like a earthquake, horrible flood, some thing that is only a few weeks or short couple months long were it might not be the safest from dindus. It's not like you have to spend thousands on a PC and plates, just save up for a few mo ths and be a little frugal about what you spend your money on and you'll quickly have money for shit.

Basic medical stuff is cheap. You must not lurk much around here. We cover medical every day.

They are also good for mixing drinks so the mix does not need to go in a tiny canteen spout - then they are also easier to clean with a bigger opening and a semi clear body through which you can see any junk that needs to get removed. Overall, the Nalgene is a good choice.

I didn't say it was expensive

This seems like as good of a place as any to ask this: is pic related those things? I found this image on the files, and I'm trying to understand what I'm looking at. It could be some other sort of NODs, but with the pen lights, I'm inclined to believe they're early gen stuff.

Attached: IMG_20151002_174004_1_zpstldxur0w.jpg (800x625, 210K)

From what the rest of the picture tells me, it's probably some nonfunctional airshit

You made it sound as if the two things were exclusive. We are pretty well rounded here. We discuss priorities all of the time.

What makes you think so?
Yes these are the same things but they looks more like soviet 57s which indeed someone slapped lights on.

How well do they actually work? I considered getting a set, but didn't know how bad they would be for visibility.

>how bad they would be for visibility
You'd be better off with the naked eye.

youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ox4qbKlpQpg
For 150ish bucks, they don't seem so awful. You're talking 10x that to get into gen 3.

Whatever broseph if you want these for aesthetic larping that's fine, just don't expect anything.

Cripple tier stuff like that is OK for training into using better gear because you learn how IR behaves and you can use an IR laser, etc. but the actual performance level likely will not enhance your night fighting capability. If you spent an assload of time training under them and got the absolute most out of their limited capabilities then I might be willing to revisit this opinion. You are not likely to be that committed.

I read the sticky but what iwb holster should I get for my Glock 26? Bravo looks okay for $40, or what?

Bravo is OK. I am wearing one as I write this. KIM that they are not a custom shop like they used to be. If you need something generic then they are OK. I had them make some fairly specialized stuff, but they have discontinued those services.

What is a good belt holster for a Sig P226 with Streamlight weaponlight? I have a TLR-1, TLR-2, and TLR-HL. I was looking at Safariland but it looked like their support for Sigs with weaponlights is pretty weak.

they do have WML safarilands for sig it's just a pain to figure out which model

just keep in mind that the holsters can be removed from the mounts with 3 screws, so it doesn't matter if it's a drop leg or something, you can change it easily

Switched to the pusher to handle 308 and ak mags along with the 556 mags.

Attached: 65sd4gf6d4fg6df8g4e684.jpg (2103x1714, 1.47M)

Essentially, I'm looking for a poorfag entry point to NODs to figure out basics and learn WHY I need gen 3. Get into these, feel it out, learn deficiencies and basics, what's bad, how it feels to wear them at all, that sort of stuff. Then shift to better equipment.

Attached: 1556762793434.jpg (1200x900, 194K)

Anything under gen3 is going to be worthless at night. You arent going to get a feeling for anything more than eye strain and limited fields of view.

That is reasonable. Do you want a primer on your limitations?

Attached: digititis.jpg (640x426, 56K)

TNVC has some good PVS-14s you should consider. Keep in mind that gen 3 starts at 3k. You want gen 3 for better identification of targets and greater fidelity at distance.

Buy once, cry once.

Attached: 20190502_193721-1512x2016.jpg (1512x2016, 553K)

Hit me. I'm assuming they'll need a fair amount of IR light to function?
So for night vision, you don't see a value to running before you walk? Are we talking just giving me headaches while I stumble over shit kinda problems or what? Vids I've seen don't seem too awful.

walking before you run. I'm a retard.

Hey /gq/ anyone have any tricks for stopping an X style chest rig from riding up and rubbing against my neck?

Attached: 55333D8D-A633-4F04-B02A-D1FAD0F0DD6F.jpg (4032x3024, 3.68M)

>So for night vision, you don't see a value to running before you walk?
There is absolutely 0 comparison
Just buy gen 3 and if you hate it you can unload it for minimal loss
Nobody will pay anything close to retail for trash gen 1/gen1+ or gen2/2+.

You are buying a gokart to see if you like cars. Sure they both have wheels and a steering wheel but fuck me dude if you try to take a gokart on the highway you are dead

Do your waist strap tighter maybe

It’s pretty tight already but I don’t wanna restrict my breathing. Seems like both shoulders always end up coming together at my neck

Attached: 16069FC2-FA6B-47AA-95CA-EF6EABDFB91C.jpg (3024x4032, 3.39M)

That looks like complete shit. Old RAVs would sag horribly at the cummerbund, and they at least had a zip and domes holding it all secure. I'm not convinced that would even stay together once you have a few pouches on. I think you really have to ask yourself why the Peruvians are offloading brand new unissued vests of a relatively modern design (2005ish, still relevant), for 60 bucks.

Let's cut the crap. I cant find a good operator pic thread.
Someone help me out please

Start one?

Attached: 1556172986831.jpg (1066x1066, 210K)

We aren’t talking about a skill you need to develop or bit of equipment you will grow into. We are talking about eyesight and looking at things. While there are nuanced methods of employment for NVGs, you don’t need to waste money on stumbling blocks. Just get the best you can afford and roll with it.

I would but I have no pics and I need it NOW

Hot take, gen2 is fine. The step from gen1 to gen2 is an ocean, the step from gen 2 to gen3 is a creek.

Obviously Gen3 is recommended in all fields, but this notion that anything below gen3 is tantamount to a Vietnam starlight sight is a ridiculous meme.

Makes sense, I appreciate the input. I just assumed it would take time to get used to walking around looking through fish eyed toilet paper tubes with 30 degree fields of view and stuff.

Gen 1 multiplies ambient light by 1000x
Gen 2 multiplies ambient light by 17000x
Gen 3 multiplies ambient light by 50000x

As somebody who is buying NVGs, I’m putting my money into the white phosphorous PVS-14s.

I only need one tube at this time, but I want the best tube possible.

That is in no way hard and fast, some gen3 tubes only amplify by ~25000x, while the 50000x tubes aren't going to be in a $3k PVS14, whether you're able to tell or not.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-vision_device

While Gen 3 PVS-14s in the 3k range are closer to 32,000x, the white phosphorous tunes are closer to 50,000x for 4K.

Your major limitations are likely (due to my lack of experience with that specific unit):
>poor gain
>lack of robustness against overdriving
>lack of overall resolution
>high optical distortion overall
>even worse optical distortion near the edges
>power supply whine just like COD - but it stays forever
We have to accept all of this as fact and work around it. In a mixed light environment you will need to avoid looking at lights lest you damage your tube permanently. In a high light environment your image is going to wash out. In a low light environment your image will probably not extend past several yards - short, like maybe ten yards. Get one of these; you'll need it with any later, better gear:
>ebay.com/itm/New-SolarForce-LC-IR-Infrared-850nm-Led-Bulb-Flashlight-for-UltraFire-Surefire/323123996756?hash=item4b3bb0e854:g:OCkAAOSwsGdan7C4
Put it in a Surefire 6P or similar housing. The 850nm model will pair well with your unit since your gain at the lower bands is very low. Your gain is not flat across the light spectrum. Any premium accessories without an output in the 850nm range are going to be poor performers for you. Most everything at 804nm is dogshit gear for any application.
1/x

This scale is outdated and does not account for improvements in European Gen 2 technology over the past 20 years. Also, the scales are not flat.

Call safariland and 99% chance they'll get you sorted out. HolsterCo has light bearing holsters with an sls hood if it doesn't work out tho.

I done what you're talking about. The money spent on crappier units can be put into a laser to go with gen 2s or gen 3s. I'd do gen 2 if on a budget. A gen 2 pvs 7 can be had for like... 1500 give or take a little. Sometimes a used gen 3 can even be had for as much. I'd suggest getting new though. Would suck to buy a burnt out tube.... Again though, gen 2 ain't bad. Save that 300 you'd drop on gen 1 and buy a good ir laser.

Last post was mostly negative. Now the upside: Resolution at close distance, properly focused, with some supplemental IR should be good enough to map read. KIM that certain colors are going to go wacky. You may need to adjust how maps are printed. Newsprint should be legible. Visible lights will be more prominent and visible for further distances. Some IR sources will be visible that you would otherwise not be able to see at all. There are some good Larsen mil spec driving lights available as surplus. These are not a bad investment as they will be usable with a newer unit. These can be bicycle mounted with a battery pack as long as the terrain is safe. I would not nav an unsafe area with those. Fun time is when you enter a tunnel with nearly no light. Everything, including Gen 3, will fail miserably without supplemental light. Though Gen 3 will require less supplemental IR, your rig will actually do a decent job in a tunnel with the IR source that I recced. Splashback from the walls will flood your image so you need to exercise great care - you could even damage your tube with the supplemental IR if you are not careful. Have fun. Do not spend big on poorfag accessories. Spend money on good mil spec accessories that can be used with a better rig and upgrade when possible.
2/2

This is really great info, thank you so much. Even if they aren't great, the secondary reason to get something like the 57Es is that they're just sorta neat, as a collectible. Not a lot of people have them, and this gives me something to chew on, if I were to use them.

what kind of gloves are you guys wearing?

I forgot - I found a good poorfag high power 850nm IR light module from Advanced Vehicle Systems that would help. You need to be handy to build a backer for it because they were designed for mounting to a specific plate that would protect the wires. I bolted one to a piece of square alum tube and put a connector on the backside. Should I look for that info or don't bother? These are small and would be good for a bike or car but would only need small batteries so you could prob helmet mount it.

petzl

I just prefer the pocket layout more. I wasn't too get more medical and TQ on mine. Don't need two radios.
>Still down for /GQ/ trades.

because those eastern euro shitholes barely had any consumer goods even without disturbances and there is zero culture of emergency preparedness there

what carrier is that?

hydroflask

it's a ferro slickster

Attached: gfgh.png (372x596, 651K)

>BPA free so you don't have to worry about your drink altering your genetic make-up
Fucking based.