Hazardous conditions

Have you been exposed to toxic materials either at work or during the service?

>Poison gas, radioactive materials, biological agents, toxic chemicals, asbestos, burn pits, etc

Did you have health effects afterwards? Did you see someone who did?

Attached: 088E4800-5E57-4807-BE7A-D05F73B56018.jpg (715x536, 93K)

Guess I'm one of the few here, might as well share again.

Also did burn-pits at our COPs. Trash>Shit

Attached: ChemIED-1.png (1328x384, 48K)

Attached: ChemIED-2.png (1322x413, 69K)

im a merchant mariner, sometimes the captains sperm gets in my eyes, but i soldier through like a good helmsman.

Attached: ChemIED-3.png (1311x398, 68K)

Yes, burn pits in Iraq, plus whatever kinda trash/tires Iraqis would burn in the streets from time to time. Who knows what else. I started having GI issues towards the end of my second tour and am diagnosed with Crohn's disease. No idea if it's related, I'll probably be dead like the agent orange guys before they ever make any links to health issues.

Strontium 90 from IBIS while working on helichoppers.

If you join the military, are you pretty much guaranteed to be exposed to some shit like that? I've always considered joining, but I'm super paranoid about getting cancer or some shit.

The most toxic material I typically get exposed to is the general public and the oven cleaner.

No. Exposure is a possibility, but far from being a probability for the everyday Joe. Around 200-300 that I know of were exposed to chemical weapons, outside of three million that rotated through theater. That number is much larger for burn-pits, though I don't have any hard data. Some of us just got "lucky".

Attached: hate it, miss it.jpg (2592x1944, 632K)

>If you join the military, are you pretty much guaranteed to be exposed to some shit like that?
Yes. Virtually every US military base contaminated their own groundwater with POLs back when dumping gasoline on the ground was still kosher. There's even cancer clusters around bases.

>Also did burn-pits at our COPs. Trash>Shit
Can you go into more detail? This interests me. What were the different smells like?

Well I work in an armory every day, so it's probably safe to bet I've inhaled a shit ton of dust mixed with lead, carbon residue and CLP fumes. Also I drink Camp Lejeune water.

Are you guys stuck dealing with all the 2nd Div. fuckery still?

Please, every single branch filters their water. Whole point of having them listed as potable, and not. Cold potable water is fucking great, it is the nectar of grunts.

Not much else to say, burning trash mostly smells like burning plastic (since a lot of it was plastic). Burning shit barrels smells like shit, only just about 10x worse. You'd think the JP8 would overwhelm the smell, but it doesn't at all. When you're the asshole stirring it, it is impossible not to suck some of it in. Takes almost an hour stirring it to get the shit to dissolve, all you can do is bide your time stirring away. Thankful that nearly every time I had the detail, I either had a cold or a flu.

We burned trash everyday on COPs, though the duty was rotated depending on who was on patrol that day. Shit barrels were usually every other week.

Had one pussy in our platoon who totally refused to do shit barrels, no wonder he was a six-year E-4.

Attached: Stay classy Mosul.jpg (1600x1200, 368K)

>filtering out solutes
Doesn't work that way, and the cancer clusters around bases are irrefutable. Water is indeed delicious tho :)

Not the guy you replied to, but when I was at FLW, there were lots of sites around base that were off limits and marked as hazardous waste dump sites from shit they did back in the day. We were straight up told "if you go here you will get cancer and die"

My god.

Yeah, mostly just minor smoke inhalation. Usually I get back and blow my nose after a brush fire and its a mixture of ash, soot and mucus. Maybe a little dizziness rarely or a headache post fire depending on smoke exposure. Cancer is a huge problem in my job though due to constant exposure. Exposure to blood can be scary at times but most of it is safe.

My employer-provided housing is fucking riddled with black mold, does that count?

>exposed to toxic materials
im from the rust belt, i dont give a fuck.

My work burns large amount of industrial wax, there's the welding department that has to handle titanium, and an x-ray department with obvious radioactive dangers. But worst of all, I am around 1-2 ton metal parts that will no doubt fall over or if safety pins fail or some shit, I'd be sooner crushed to death than die from poison.

I've been forced exposed to fucking niggers I'm sick of nigger products and nigger music and nigger tech and nigger politics it's nothing but niggers they want to nigger rape my head fuck heads think they can rape every married nigger woman and get away with pedo of nigger child's but will see the day of nigger stone for them at nigger war

Forgot to say, my coworker fought a fire in a transit bus that was an EV and the battery contained NiCd battery and his hands stained black through his gloves. It didn't wash out for almost a week even with numerous showers and hand washings. I can only imagine how that will play out long term.

Should probably get a tox screen from a doc.

oh christ

Attached: !realisation.jpg (598x714, 303K)

Cleaned out a gunrange (that hadn't been cleaned in seven fucking years)
Sieved the rubber to get the big chunks off,
then what we sifted through we had to blow off the stuff that wasn't lead with a leaf blower.

All we had was surgical masks. I inhaled shit tons of lead and powdered tire rubber. But I made 500 bucks.

Attached: readthisifgay.jpg (750x648, 66K)

I work in a prison.

>Helping a nurse give a guy insulin, blood from the needle runs down his arm and about touches me.
>Nurse very quickly throws alcohol from a bottle all over both me and the prisoner to get the blood away from me
>"You don't want that touching you."
>Dude had AIDS.

>Walk to a cell and ask where the inmate's cell mate is
>"Nigga got quarantined"
>Had to go through the guy's property to find his toothbrush and stuff.
>Probably had the plague or some shit. The guy never came back. So it was bad, whatever he had.

>Found homemade sex toys, blood/cum collections, vomit coated toilets and floors

Basically, I'm probably a ticking time bomb for some sort of horrific disease. Nurgle bless me.

Lots of exposure to exhaust fumes, incredibly loud engines, oils, transmission fluids, hydraulic fluid, greases, fuel, etc.

>Ordinance Officer

>Work for the forest service
>Been involved in two different radhaz situations on two different forests.
>First one in Idaho
>Some dipshit plots a fire line right through a uranium tailings depository
>Saw crew doesn't notice the signs that clearly state that they are entering a radiological area
>Well they do notice them, but it's on their way back out.
>I'm on the truck watching over the pump
>End up spraying them all down from atop the truck.
>Crew chief's brand new saw has to be taken for long term storage because it's too coated in uranium ore chips to be decontaminated according to the doe.

Second time, different forest.
>Taking a day off to go camping.
>Camping near an operation plowshare site.
>Tl:Dr they used a nuke to frak for oil and gas.
>Went about as well as could be expected. All the oil and gas was too radioactive for domestic use, and it didn't fracture into the pocket enough to be practical
>Find a neat looking rock
>Tentatively id it as silica-carbide
>Bring it in to the forest geologist for confirmation
>Mention where I found it.
>End up surrendering the rock to the forest archaeologist.
>Out of an abundance of caution someone drags out the civil defense friskers and checks it for radioactivity
>It's not hot... But we're also not sure if the geiger counter actually works.
>Send it off to the DOE, still haven't heard back from them on it.

Lemme see if I can find my photos of the uranium tailings signs and the rock.

Rock yes, tailings site no.

Attached: swag_from_the_zone.png (1500x1125, 3.21M)

>Steve McQueen
>serves in the Marines for few years
>has to remove and scrap dusty asbestos lining from a Navy ship without protection as a punishment
>continues to a legendary film career
>dies few decades later as 50 year old after chronic lung problems and the asbestos cancer

Attached: bullitt.jpg (472x640, 54K)

Yeah Idaho's been thoroughly fucked by radiation and shitty mining and logging operations.

Frankly surprising the state still has trees and doesn't look like a complete wasteland.

Attached: US_fallout_exposure.png (615x432, 119K)

cool shit user

Got exposed to Shell Tellus 46 (I believe that was the name) hydraulic oil when I worked on aircraft simulators years ago. So far no ill effects. Skydrol used on real airplanes in supposed to be pretty nasty.

>I'm super paranoid about getting cancer or some shit.
why? bro just smoke cigarettes

>Have you been exposed to toxic materials
This: Poison gas, radioactive materials, , toxic chemicals (last a shit ton). And chemical burns, Im calling it the 1 month non-fap event

I have been exposed to the cancer risk inducing chemical lead

I work around lead, cadmium, and inorganic arsenic all day. I've also taken a pretty big lung full of S02 that was above 90ppm. shit burned like fuck.