Ruger ar or psa ar?

Ruger ar or psa ar?
Would I just be paying 200 extra for a brand name?

Attached: 104684.jpg (500x163, 11K)

PSA is fine.

The ruger has some nice subtle features over the PSA - you might want to look them over before making a decision.

Do they still make the Ruger AR with a bunch of proprietary parts?

Build your own. The hell is wrong with you people?

Doesn't ruger not include the bayonet lug on the front sight post?

Looks like a ban state compliant model I'm pretty sure they have others

I've seen several pics of them and it looks like they don't have one.

Neither. PSA is garbage and you could do a better build for Rugers price.

Says they have one on their site

why is psa garbage?

If you're stuck between PSA and Ruger get PSA. Its unironically just as good. Ruger ARs may even be worse than PSA but cost more money. I just ordered a nitride midlentgh from PSA to abuse.

What makes them bad?

ruger mpr gang rise up

Attached: 20190501_212410~2.jpg (4160x2340, 1.27M)

Between the two might as well get psa. Use your savings for ammo or an accessory. Psa is in no way as good as more expensive rifles. But you have to get out of your mentioned price range to see that difference.

It isn't.

If your gun isn't worth at least $5000 you're a poor, worthless LOSER.

shit bait but people actually believe this

I've never owned either but my buddy has some black Friday psa special and I finger fucked a Ruger at the lgs. The Ruger just felt more solid, the psa felt like super light and chincy. Buddy has had zero issues with his psa though and I know Ruger warranty is excellent. Idk if psa ever got those credit card fraud issues figured out but for the really about the same price range, I personally would go for the Ruger

should have put /s I guess, but Jow Forums has this stupid obsession with comparing everything based on monetary value and completely disregarding things like actual value and performance.
>If it costs more, it's better!

Both are budget guns. If you're not dropping serious coin on your AR build, then it doesn't matter if you're going with Ruger or PSA or AR-Stoner or Anderson - they're all going to be in the same ballpark of quality (none are bad, btw). Pick whatever one you like the best that fits yours budget.

Heavy, shit fit and finish, subpar QC

>first thing you say is heavy
lol

fucking DYELs

If it's the Ruger piston AR, that would be easy, get the Ruger.
Barebones AR, I would just go with PSA, it'll perform the same as the Ruger for a cheaper price.

some people arent sheep and dont want to settle for "just fine"

what a concept

Ruger has one fo the best warranties in the industry at the moment, but I suspect it's because they churn out lemons more often than they'd like to admit. They work fast though and they'll treat you right if yours runs into any problems. It's also very hard to beat a lifetime warranty that extends past original owners.

And a Ruger sits right at "just fine" as well. Neither is particularly impressive, unless you consider the pricepoint of the PSA.

So why is it bad?

you dont even own an ar, psa or otherwise, so shut the fuck up

>overpaying gives me a warm feeling
i think i hear your mommy calling you

>heavy
Wrong, weighs the same as any other AR in its configuration
>shit fit and finish
This one always makes me laugh. It's not like they make hardly any of the parts. Bolts are toolcraft, a major government contractor providing milspec bolts. Upper and lower forgings are Aero precision last I checked. The finish is literally the same thing on every single AR you will ever buy unless you out of your way to buy something cerakoted. The only 'fit' issues you might potentially run into would be their aluminum handguards, even those are fine from every example I've seen.
>subpar QC
wrong again

Attached: colt a shit.png (1219x864, 1.38M)

I didnt say its bad, I am stating some people like nice things and dont mind spending a little extra. People on Jow Forums think thats crazy for some reason

> like nice things and dont mind spending a little extra.
Those people would be fools to spend that money on a Ruger instead of an AR that is actually better though.

So what's your definition of nice things?

It's not crazy to like a better product. It's not crazy to buy a better product. I personally just don't like assholes that post their gucci shit on here to holler about how much better a job it does.

Attached: m14sopmod13.jpg (626x271, 26K)

name whats better

He spent a bunch more on something else and is trying to justify it to himself thru us like it's gonna make him or possible his wife feel better about what they ultimately consider a waste of money

>Noveske
>Knights Armament
>La Rue Tactical
>LMT
>Daniel Defense
>Scalarworks

shall i continue?

With the amount of shit PSA sells, of course one or two will have QC issues, but all in all, they make good shit. Just replace the bad parts as needed IF, emphasis on IF you get a bad one and you’ll still come out on top.

Only in the US are there idiots that will pay 5 times the money for the same exact gun and then gawk about it online due solely from the fact it cost 5 times as much.

even the gun world is clown world

Attached: clown.jpg (1800x1074, 314K)

This is not the best place for this question
This guy says it's light This guy says it's heavyOnly one sounds like they might have actually touched one

That’s a fucking lie. You cocksucking faggot

So which of those do you own?

settle down there sheep dog

Nah. Try a different route.. not nice brands, but things about those brands you consider nice

Point of diminishing returns when it comes to paying for those brands. You get nothing quantifiable over say a 6920, or even a PSA with a CHF barrel at those price points.

>paying brand name markups when you can just source good parts and build
La Rue and DD are anti 2A cucks anyway so fuck them

>shen you make this post

Attached: tumblr_inline_pa3vuv4vzL1uoz2en_540.gif (500x375, 1.11M)

Depends on your price range and what you're looking for.
>mid range, good quality, good accuracy, light weight options
Aero Precision
>slightly higher end, more durable, light weight options available
BCM
>thoroughly field tested, very reliable, very rugged, routinely .5 MOA accurate, makes almost all their own parts in house to provide maximum QC oversight, milspec taken to its highest level of quality
Daniel Defense
>kinda the "anti-Daniel Defense" in that it's very civilian/competition oriented rather than military, but still reliable and very accurate
LaRue
>proprietary bullshit that costs twice as much as other high end ARs
KAC
>proprietary bullshit that costs 1.5x as much as other high end ARs
LMT, LWRC

Loads of other options.
Two ARs in the same configuration will weigh the same or close enough you won't be able to tell the difference. PSA makes a lot of guns in different configurations. If you have a lightweight polymer furniture all the way carbine PSA with a pencil barrel, it's going to weigh less than a Ruger AR. If you have a heavy barrel 20" PSA it's gonna weigh more. If you have a pretty standard PA-15 carbine, it will weigh .3 lbs more than a AR556, due to the AR556 having a different barrel profile. The PSA has a standard government profile barrel which is a bit heavier than the AR556's.

>literal meme answer

Attached: Blank+_75c83f5f6e350380b15a14c5e0f956ea.jpg (528x396, 87K)

>La Rue and DD are anti 2A cucks
No they aren't. LaRue pointed out bumpstocks are the big gay and DD's CEO supported a bill until people pointed out what it actually did wasn't what it claimed, and the very next day he denounced it.

ARs are what you want to make them. If you shot a gun you'd know "personal preference" isn't a meme, they all go bang so what you want from there is determined from what you need it for and what you like.

I understand a nogunz such as yourself sees this as unhelpful meme advice, you'd have to shoot an AR to understand.

LaRue called for bumpfire to be regulated, DD supported literal gun control and folded like a sissy faggot when he realized that his bottom line was in danger and people became justifiably pissed. Fuck both of those traitors and fuck you for playing damage control for them.

>LaRue called for bumpfire to be regulated
No, he didn't.
>DD supported literal gun control
Not quite. The CEO voiced support for fix NICS, which is an understandable sentiment because the government does need to unfuck its shit. It just turns out the bill was chock full of bullshit. This is different from say, Springfield, which was using its company funds to lobby for gun control.

The delta ring on the Ruger is polymer and the front sight is to regular front sights as Duplo is to Lego

see

In what way are these AR’s more durable, if you can buy an AR for less that’s made of the same shit?

Post them?

>This is different from say, Springfield, which was using its company funds to lobby for gun control.
So after a tragedy, he jumped on a bandwagon immediately without even knowing what was in the bill? That's almost worse than being an anti 2A cuck. If he's too retarded to know what he's supporting before throwing his weight behind something he shouldn't do it.

cope harder

Attached: akou.png (724x585, 1.01M)

I ordered a PSA complete upper a couple of years ago that wouldn't cycle at all, literally couldn't go 2 shots without a failure to eject, had to manually cycle every round. Talked to their customer service and they sent me a shipping label to mail it back to them and once they got it they quickly issued me a refund. I then bought an aero upper & handguard and a ballistic advantage barrel and didn't have any issues with that build.

I'm not saying that PSA guns or parts are bad overall, just that the upper I received from them was faulty. Their customer service left a little to be desired communication-wise, I never even got an email that they had received the upper and issued me a refund, it just showed up on my credit card one day. At the very least they do seem to stand behind their products and issue prompt replacements / refunds if necessary.

>cope answer

BTW, both of my AR's are built on PSA stripped lower receivers and I've had no issues with those at least.

I personally own several Daniel Defense rifles, so that's what I'll focus on.

Just because it's made out of the same material does not mean it is the same quality. A PSA CHF barrel is far inferior to a Daniel Defense one in terms of accuracy. In terms of reliability and durability, I don't know. I don't shoot enough to shoot out either, so I won't spew bullshit and claim it's facts.

Another thing is the parts aren't always the same. It all depends on configuration again. A PSA might have a CHF FN-made barrel. Or it might not. It might have a milspec Carpenter 158 bolt, or it might have a slightly softer 9130 bolt. No matter what their handguard mounting is inferior to Daniel Defense's, but if you go for an aftermarket one which is easy enough that problem is fixed. A major thing is quality control. Daniel Defense has excellent QC and is field proven, if that means anything to you. They've actually filled contracts not just for general issue service rifles but for special operations as well. PSA or even Ruger haven't. Ever. DD does as much in house as possible to limit potential outside QC failures as well. They run one of the very few CHF machines for this reason. This might not seem important, but it is. PSA's 9mm AK's rocky launch was according to them, due to out of spec parts delivered by one of the companies they contracted to make them.

I own ARs ranging from $2000 to $800 currently, and have handled PSA's that ran about $400. All but one worked fine. The one that didn't had an improperly secured gas tube, was a five minute fix once I figured out what it was. It was also a five minute fix that could have gotten me killed if I was actually needing my AR.

That was the SR556. That was the piston gun. IIRC, it was no more proprietary than any other piston setup. I think it's been discontinued.

>ask about a prius
>Dude just drive a lambo lmao
kys retard

So you concede the inflated price is mainly for QC, which you can easily alleviate by shooting, troubleshooting, reparing/replacing and moving on. You can literally choose what barrel, or bolt is made of from PSA.

Go watch AK operators union’s 5000 round test on AR’s, PSA beat the DD.

>sample size of 1

Yes i know, but it goes to show even cheap ass PSA rifles can be good.

That said i don’t own anything from PSA.

Attached: 79E784C0-D421-4717-874E-92EABBA1C20F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

>overpays for a forge mark thats on cheaper rifles
>*MUH LOGOS*

Attached: YIvxdy68_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

It's dick waving and I'd be surprised if he even had a single fucking AR let alone a gun

>So you concede the inflated price is mainly for QC
Yes, absolutely. This is the case with almost any gun. It's why you (or at least I) won't buy a hi-point but I'll spend 6x as much (or 10x as much in my case because I'm a kochsucking faggot) on a different brand that mostly does the same thing. If it's just going to be a range gun, or if you have the time to test it thoroughly to your satisfaction, there's nothing wrong with going for a lower end option. But some people actually rely on their guns, and if you aren't being issued them, I'd advise you probably spend a bit more than PSA money on something that might be necessary to save your life. If I need it and my rifle doesn't go bang, I'm gonna have a bad day. Same goes for you, but maybe the chances of you needing a rifle aren't as high so you're not as worried about it. That's fine. I've had to use mine, I take it pretty seriously.
>You can literally choose what barrel, or bolt is made of from PSA.
Absolutely, but no matter what you choose it won't be at the same quality level. That said DD barrels are abnormally accurate for a CHF chrome lined barrel in my personal experience. Generally for accuracy people are going for stainless or nitrided barrels. Which are fine, they have different strengths and weaknesses.
>AKOU video
Yep, it happened, and DD issued a recall as a result. I don't really have a counterpoint-even with really good QC, shit will eventually slip through the cracks.
>PSA rifles can be good.
Definitely. I'm not one of those people who thinks you absolutely have to buy insert x brand or you're getting crap and are a poorfag subhuman. Just better exists if you want to pay for it. The AR market is incredibly competitive and it has led to major improvements as a result. Still though, you can get a brand new AR for $350 on sale and it'll actually fucking work and be good enough for almost anything.

>time to throughly test it.

Therein lies the rub. If you spend the extra money to buy a DD or a noveske, then you know you should test your shit regardless. Only a fool would blindly trust an AR because of it’s brand.

That being said, i’ve had zero issues with my issue M4 when i was in, after thousands of rounds, in adverse conditions. In no way can i possibly see a civilian(aside from a PMC) no matter the profession, put the same amount of abuse, or round count, the m4’s we had in the armory went through.

At this point your paying for a brand, and because it’s what you want, not for any tangible benefit.

And may i ask, what job aside from SWAT or PMC on the civilian side calls for a rifle with 0.5 MOA?

>And may i ask, what job aside from SWAT or PMC on the civilian side calls for a rifle with 0.5 MOA?
None, and even those don't require it. Policing by necessity happens at very close distances when compared to 5.56's effective range. Even serious armed security work wouldn't entail it. Unless something absolutely profoundly insane happens like you're defending the President from snipers or some other nearly completely implausible scenario.
>If you spend the extra money to buy a DD or a noveske, then you know you should test your shit regardless.
True enough.
>At this point your paying for a brand, and because it’s what you want, not for any tangible benefit
I'll have to still disagree on that point, maybe if we change it from tangible to practical benefit. You're gonna hit the same target at the same distance as someone with an AR that costs 10x as much. Or if we bump up the price range from the very bottom end to more mid range, you're paying for some very marginal returns by going high end. Congrats, you're shooting .5 MOA while the other guy is shooting 1 MOA, if you're both shooting from a bench on a nice clear windless day with match ammunition. The differences become very much beyond the realm of practical, but still, they exist.

Long distance hunters taking shots at animals at 500+ yards need pretty accurate rifles. Granted, you aren't going to be using a 5.56 AR for those shots but saying that "there aren't any civilian applications where .5 MOA is necessary" is a fallacy.

> Granted, you aren't going to be using a 5.56 AR
You pretty much solved that one all on your own.
>"there aren't any civilian applications where .5 MOA is necessary" is a fallacy.
I don't think long distance hunter is a job, we just gonna keep arguing for the sake of arguing?

So we come to an agreement, save for accuracy from a bench, a PSA that’s tested to be reliable will accomplish the job just the same as a tested, reliable DD. I can see no benefit from a practical or occupational standpoint. But if you want it, by all means...

Attached: 95AFAF69-36BC-4E16-8479-FD40CD6C3FA1.png (750x1334, 2.29M)

Who are you? you’re not me.

Attached: C89647FD-BC1A-44D6-B26E-5115630F3B87.png (750x1334, 1.13M)

Does one more important thing. Drops range trap panties nearly as well as saying "I carry HK".

>range trap panties

kek, have fun with that feminine penis

They've taken steps to get the credit card fraud issue hammered down. I ordered some stuff from PSA a couple days ago and got a confirmation email with a "Norton Shopping Guarantee" that's some sort of temporary 30-day identity theft protection and purchase guarantee... Insurance? So it seems like they're taking that issue pretty seriously.

Has anyone else ordered from PSA recently? Did you get the same Norton guarantee email?

There's a thread in the archives where an user here ordered a barreled upper from PSA and they accidentally shipped him two of the same product.
The cheeky fucker decided he was going to QC both and build an upper out of the best parts and send the rest back to PSA. He went through and stripped them both completely apart and photographed comparisons of everything side by side.
Turns out, the two uppers had different parts in them. Different BCG's, different gas blocks, shit like that. The conclusion reached in that thread was that PSA makes their markdown sale complete uppers out of essentially whatever surplus components they have in stock, which leads to some variations in final quality.

There were some comparison pics in that thread. It's an interesting read if you can find it.

>Upper and lower forgings are Aero precision
wrong

I find my validation in the things i do, not in the things i own.

If you're going to buy a brand name budget AR, a S&W M&P Sport is way better than both

pathetic

>Psa is in no way as good as more expensive rifles
Explain how, noguns.

>The Ruger just felt more solid, the psa felt like super light and chincy
I am starting to believe that there is a coordinated effort to defame PSA on this board.

Yeah, you’re an idiot.

Im pretty sure DD and Noveske make their own barrels to insure quality and thats why theyre known for having better than average.
As for everything else, Id imagine its mostly just better guaranteed tolerances and nothing is cheaped out on as far as materials go

I said the thing still worked flawlessly so that's a plus. You can just tell it's cheaper metal components and nothing fits together super tight/snug. For comparison a bcm upper on an aero lower is just a nice tight fit and everything feels solid and sturdy. The psa not as much but you get what you pay for and I still think a psa is much better than no gun at all.

Got the ruger 556 as first ar/learning/plinker. Love it. Fun to shoot, looks great. I'm personally not a fan of full length rails aesthetics anyway. The delta ring and fsp look nice to me with a drop in rail.

Attached: IMG_20190328_181819.jpg (1377x2847, 2.08M)

I don't think I've ever held an AR that felt heavy.

The Rugers are pretty basic, even the MPR. You can part together a better AR from PSA.

>DD
pretty gay.