PIRACY

Would modern piracy based on attack submarines be financially feasible? Cargo ships can carry some valuable cargo, such as thousands of luxury cars. Imagine if you could steal 3000 BMWs just by surfacing in the middle of the ocean and commandeering the container ship. Getting the capitalization to fund the project would be a bitch, but I think it'll pay for itself in no time.

Attached: virginia-class-attack-submarine-007.jpg (1200x800, 192K)

do they take those flags down before submerging or what?

Attached: stupid.jpg (687x369, 76K)

I would think so. I think dunking the national flag underwater is a misdemeanor.

You'd get BTFO by a real sub pretty quick, they would just hunt you down and kill you

>dunking the national flag underwater is a misdemeanor.
Fuck you I'm a submarine. I do what I want

So you would hijack a container ship full of cars in the open ocean and take it... where, exactly? It takes a large, deepwater port with massive cranes and storage yards to unload ships like that, and none of them would let you dock with that large of a stolen vessel, their military / coast guard would likely intercept you as soon as you entered the country's territorial waters and arrest you.

Cars are usually transported on ships called RO/ROs. Roll-on, roll-off. The cars are driven on and off the ship. You don't need any sort of crane.

That said, you're right about being intercepted by someone's navy or CG. It's not like you can easily hide a massive slow-moving ship.

Thanks mister serious face.
Buy we're trying to run some hypotheticals here.
Why don't you just knock it off with those negative waves, man.

From OP:

>Would modern piracy based on attack submarines be financially feasible?

The answer is NO, because you will never be able to even unload your stolen goods.

What if we all got jobs as one of those guys that drive the cars off the ship and onto the holding area.
But instead of parking in the holding area, we just drive to opies house to sell them to people?

This.
Also why bother with any of the hassle of moving cargo when the money is in ransoming crews and ships. People who aren’t shitposting Jow Forums are in it for the insurance payouts. No worries about who’s buying what when what you sail away with are crates of hard currency.

> Opies merry band of Butt Pirates
>Hijinx and buggery on the high seas
> Join Today!

>dunking the flag is a misdemeanor
lolno
You could wipe your shitty asshole with the flag and then throw it in a garbage pile in front of your police chief, and it's protected speech.

Take them to North Korea and sell them to Mr Kim at a premium

>dunking the national flag underwater is a misdemeanor
NIGGER PLEASE.
In California, they fucking burn them on streets, shit & piss on them and no one does a thing.

Attached: 1539367622054.jpg (646x2846, 554K)

Ransoming immediately marks you as a target and gives away your location. You want to ghost in and ghost out of the seas, grabbing only the most valuable cargo. Perhaps robbing jewelry or gold cargo ships?

>take it... where, exactly?
Sealand. Duh.

Dl you even know how to get a job on a ship?

You do realize that all large ships have transponders / locators on them right? Their location anywhere in the world is kept track of and their current coordinates are constantly updated.

Water is extremely effective EM insulation. Once you dive, those signals are gone.

That said, the idea is still stupid for a completely different reason: subs have no rapid cargo load/unload capacity to speak of underway. What are you going to do, cut a huge hatch out of the top to get at your cargo space? Missile tubes and other hatched storage are usually outside the pressure vessel, so good luck storing anything water or pressure sensitive (ex. Pretty much anything) there. Hatch goes into pressure vessel? Now keeping it sealed and secure at depth is an actual engineering challenge.

That's easy to turn off

So now everyone knows exactly where the ship was when it was attacked. Those large cargo transport ships aren't fast, it would be easily and quickly found by aircraft. Unless OP is planning on loading 3000 Beamers onto a fucking submarine in the middle of the ocean somehow?

Nobody is sending an airplane after a cargo ship

A cargo ship carrying roughly 100 million dollars worth of BMW's? You bet your ass there would be planes in the air.

I'm a professional mariner and have worked on plenty of boats. No they wont

user that kind of response would completely wipe out the profit margins of that shipment and your insurance company would pitch a fit at the extra risk. Much cheaper to confirm the ship itself is still afloat and wait for it to blow over, then collect the insurance payout.

no but by 2050 automation will allow for mass production of drone subs by state and no state powers making sea borne trade an anachronism and leaving the world with 3 definite superpowers in the us, australia and russia or china