Urban Training

So for all you Jow Forumsommandos, how do you train urban environment as far as a bugout situation type scenario? It's easy to go out in the woods with your group if your state has a lot of state land and shoot, patrol, practice survival, etc., but i still haven't thought of a way to practice urban tactics. Moving through streets, crossing danger areas, clearing rooms, etc. How does anyone else do it, and if you just focus on woods, what kind of stuff do you usually train? Looking for ideas.

Attached: innawoods.png (1339x721, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>urban environment for bugout scenario
First that doesnt make sense second get the hell out of urban environments

Well you have to get out first. The traffic if SHTF will be fucked and there are a lot of good resources in urban environments. Load up vehicles and go to your woodland spots. However you'll probably be fighting your way out

>how do you train urban environment

I don’t; because I’m not a faggot LARPer.

That said, climbing stairs with armor or even just a loaded pack is an ass-kicker of a workout and more people should try it.

Yeah I've spent a lot of time in plate carrier and pack. More than my knees would like. However if you were a faggot larper, what would you do lol

>bugout
bugging out is a meme

This, you should already have everything you need. Bugging in is the way to go.

bingo. better to stay comfy then try to escape and get killed by niggers.

I agree, but eventually you'll run out of stuff. Or if you have a group, you'll have a meeting spot. I agree it's definitely better to bug in, but eventually you'll have to go out to get more water, food, medicine, supplies, or even doing reconnaissance around the area to make sure shit isn't gonna come down on you full force

>Moving through streets, crossing danger areas, clearing rooms, etc.
Unironically paintball and airshit. Or if you're really hardcore get UTM.

Attached: knowing-is-half-the-battle-and-the-other-halfis-violence-14321109.png (326x498, 224K)

I've always considered using airshit as a training tool but I didn't know how well it would work. I have mil experience and so do some of my buddies, and the other are pretty good shooters and we're all in good shape. So I didn't know if it would act as a good training tool or if we'd just be pelting little kids in hoodies with masks falling off their faces

Depends where you go. Some airsofters take it more seriously and try to use squad tactics and shit maybe you could find a group like that. Don't quote me though I've never done airsoft

> youll probably be fighting your way out
Nigga it wouldnt be like Fallujah. The average person is going to panic, not grab a rifle and go human hunting. The only people youd be fighting are those going for resources and looting, and as long as youre already prepped you shouldnt need to do that.

Hence its all about getting out; having vehicles ready to go, knowing routes, alternate routes, what roads to avoid etc. Have the bare essentials man portable in case your vehicle breaks down or you get stuck. If necessary, have a loyal buddy who lives outside the city/urban area with vehicles and supplies and you make your way to him. Cities wont start resembling Mogadishu until weeks after the SHTF event, when resources are massively scarce and people have to turn to violence in groups to survive. By which time you should be far far away.

If it does for some reason immediately turn into Aleppo tier urban combat, youre fucked. Best bet is to hole up somewhere and defend it.

I did it as a kid but just in the woods behind my parents' house with some other local kids. It was fun but it's fun when you're a middle schooler who wants to larp, not really as a grown ass dude who's trying to take something away from it haha

>or if we'd just be pelting little kids in hoodies with masks falling off their faces
Sometimes. But there really is no substitute for force on force training when it comes to mastering the gun fight. I haven't actually been to a legit airsoft field so I can't attest to how that would go dow. I did tournament and rec paintball for about 15 years though. You don't have that same omfg I might actually fucking die heart thump you get when it's brass copper and lead, but it does help build legitimate skills when it comes to close range gun battles.

Attached: cac633ead1ac1776269e856ff75a379d--green-beret-military-photos.jpg (736x552, 107K)

If a SHTF scenario happens like you're saying, people are going to be looting within a day or two.

Yeah it would also be a good force on force tool within my group to make when we're out shooting and wanna do force on force instead of human vs steel targets

>never clear rooms alone
>if you must be alone, have alarms, tripwires, cameras, barriers etc

May 25 please stay safe bros I can’t say anymore

I'm unfamiliar with May 25. Educate me

this, i got a costco ACROSS THE STREET, loading up a rifle and looting the shit out of that and the gas

>However if you were a faggot larper, what would you do lol
Not the user you’re asking, but I would forget everything you learned in the mil. Why? Because resupply doesn’t come in on pallets slung under a helo, and you don’t get a dust off to the nearest surgical team if you get hit. Nor do you have CAS or arty on tap if you run into something you can’t handle.

If shtf, your focus should be on exfil, and only exfil. You’re not going after HVTs, nor are you reducing strongpoints. For that matter, you should plan and practice for things like avoiding patrols, getting around checkpoints, and dodging curfew. All of those will be a feature of the urban environment at some point during the shtf event. You’re not in uniform any more, you have to start acting and thinking like hadji. Your logistics tail is what you can hide or carry, and it’ll most likely be confiscated if you draw official attention. On top of that, you need to avoid getting tangled up with any gang that may lay claim to whatever patch of turf you’re trying to cross. In short, you’re a mouse. There’s a whole city full of rats, cats, dogs, and hawks who’ll eat you alive without a second thought.

Stalker challenge in places with security guards

training is irrelevant
you cant prove me wrong

In any sort of survival or SHTF situation, approximately 10-15% react well, 70% are initially stunned but able to act after a while, and 10-15% break down. If you get the no bullshit signal that SHTF, you shouldnt be hanging around for a couple of days, you should be gone. It will take some time for law and order to break down. Furthermore, initially people will loot shops and supermarkets, not random peoples houses, and definitely not going around looking for a fight. The vast majority will still be in shock, wondering WTF to do. Hence youre not going to be getting in gunfights as soon as you step out of your door. The whole 'imma be some SEAL oper8r innacity single handedly taking out gangs of violent looters/gangbangers who are totally asking for it' fantasy is just stupid.

Dont do it (yet)

Effective use of cover, basic small unit tactics, and just knowing how to move quickly and precisely will all add up if you need to urban operate. It's the most you can do for yourself without doing it for real

Attached: 1389137867305.jpg (554x439, 68K)

>The average person is going to panic, not grab a rifle and go human hunting.
this is what I'm doing
well, probably both
and shooting all the people who've ever said "lol, if there's an apocalypse, I'm coming to your house."
>"haha lol, yeah, sure."

Attached: shppsa.gif (328x366, 826K)

m.imdb.com/title/tt4720702/

Watch this movie.
Good prepper movie.

Sure user. Thanks for sharing this link.

you realize unless we're talking post apocalypse situation where there's been a good amount of time passed, most urban areas are going to be filled to fuck with people, right? Whatever resources you're talking about would all be long looted by the desperate and putting your lonesome self in that surrounding would just be inviting a group of people to mug and kill you.