Jow Forums literature thread

Jow Forums literature thread
>>What are you reading right now?
>>Any suggestions?

I'll start:

Attached: 51I0l9M3L1L._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Minute-Men-Realities-American-Revolution/dp/1597970700
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

USA is fuckin awesome

Attached: 81ziDt1QMuL.jpg (1696x2560, 301K)

Ww2 German soldier perspective. Incredible story

Attached: 1544828447.jpg (760x1140, 121K)

Is 'Crow Killer' better than Fisher's 'Mountain Man'?
Also, have you read 'Give your Heart to the Hawks' or 'The Way West'?

Attached: 51Uj5aBNQqL._SX325_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (327x499, 25K)

The 1918 breakthrough was the fastest I've ever turned pages

I stumbled across this at the local bookstore, anyone read it? Is it any good?

Attached: 1234312413232.jpg (342x499, 51K)

the last thread died at about 18 replies. i spent too much time posting in that thread

The /klit/ thread died at 30 posts user

I plan on reading Give Your Heart to the Hawks next, so Ill let you know!!

Its sad how little these threads are contributed to.

As a side note, anyone got any kick ass books on the Cold War? Prefer nonfiction

This book was an awesome look at the US Nuclear Arsenal

Attached: 91cLIhZc-+L.jpg (1500x2301, 544K)

>Within the game, weapons take on human shape.
>enter a world of guns, violence, profanity, fast cars, pretty girls, and a hot mess of sexual content.
>Have we mentioned harems, yet? Every Meister gets one.

Attached: 12341324132.jpg (297x475, 39K)

Read Fireforce! which I honestly love. About the Rhodesian Light Infantry sticks. I'm now reading Three Sips of Gin, but it's more of a goddamn autobiography starting at his childhood, so my progress has been slower.

>Jow Forumsommando writes an erotic novel

The whole autobiography childhood part lasts for about 100-150 pages, after that he just joins the RLI on a whim after seeing a bunch of soldiers in a bar get drunk and oogle a female bartender who got her shirt torn off in a fight, then we get crazy Rhodie adventures.

Ah, I shall redouble my efforts.

Attached: Untitled.png (221x197, 89K)

Sniper on the Eastern Front, great read except for all the inhuman shit the communists pull, but anything that sharpens my hatred for communists is good I guess.
I certainly do wish for more detail on the "explosive bullets" the author keeps talking about. Living in this golden age of bullet design, I know that "explosive" bullets are basically a meme because you can't pack enough explosives into a bullet to outperform a good expanding or fragmenting design, but then he talks about using a tracer round designed for machine guns and it destroying a 5cm tree. Any further information?

That all sounds pathetic as shit honestly. Consider suicide, with a rope preferably.

It's a fun book when it really gets started
>the scene where he and other soldiers try to to use fucking bicycles designed to hook up to train tracks to peddle all the way into fucking Mozambique all sneaki breeki style, only to hit a bump after several hours of peddling, completely break the bikes, and walk all the way back to Rhodesia dragging a bunch of broken bike frames with them.

Attached: 1423755495517.png (982x980, 807K)

There's no need to be upset that Jow Forumsommando erotica is apparently a thing user.

Attached: 1532714134058.png (720x720, 484K)

Bouncing between this

Attached: A1KkzkllWfL.jpg (1775x2560, 1.35M)

and this

Attached: 51niN714FxL.jpg (334x500, 40K)

48 Laws of Power soon

Attached: 71aG+xDKSYL.jpg (1800x2518, 178K)

Attached: 51DAA---GQL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (313x499, 37K)

The Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors : The Extraordinary World War II Story of the U. S. Navy's Finest Hour.

Sail with the men who had the biggest brass balls in the USN. In the tradition of the #1 "New York Times bestseller "Flags of Our Fathers, James D. Hornfischer paints an unprecedented portrait of the Battle of Samar, a naval engagement unlike any other in U.S. history--and captures with unforgettable intensity the men, the strategies, and the sacrifices that turned certain defeat into a legendary victory.

Attached: 91v0sqhxc9L.jpg (1696x2560, 698K)

Found some more erotica for you from Vickers

Attached: Dustjacket_Front-AK_Vol-1.jpg (1000x779, 91K)

Attached: IMG_2637.jpg (1200x776, 159K)

May interest the sail & gunpowder crew

Attached: 3563a1affcf23339bdb472978058cdea--christmas-books-history-books.jpg (236x358, 23K)

just put a hold for this at my local library. Thanks

I second this

That is one hell of a read. It will make you a sail and gunpowder crewman by the twentieth page.

And this one'll make you a dyed in the wool patriot. It'll also make you realize that compared to our forebearers, we are disorganized and unprepared as hell for any kind of domestic violence. Picture a raid by Hillary's gun grabbers at a small rural town, and then -- without phones or radios -- you have multiple regiments of armed men converging on the enemy within hours. And these guys practice military drill every Sunday after church. In somebody's barn if it's winter. We couldn't begin to do that now.

amazon.com/Minute-Men-Realities-American-Revolution/dp/1597970700

Just got done with One Second After. Actually a pretty scary fuckin book. Has really gotten me thinking about prepping for an EMP. And I just started reading To The Last Round. First 10 pages are exciting thus far.

Saved for a future read. The Forgotten Soldier and Blood Red Snow were very good reads.

The Howard Fertig publishing is the real deal. I guess the Penguin one watered the book down.

Just started LRRP: The Professional by Frank Camper, and I'm loving it. I wish they were still a thing. Also, keeping an eye out for Live To Spend It by him as well. Can't find a copy for a reasonable price, though. They're like 80 bucks for a fucking paperback.

Attached: 1555048850083.jpg (474x474, 44K)

Attached: 51pTm2rZdWL.jpg (327x500, 51K)

This any good?

Attached: 41d8aihaIzL._SX248_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (250x407, 22K)

I haven't read that one yet, but he seems like a decent writer. Plus he saw a lot of shit, clearly. I'd say give it a go.

Casca: The Eternal Mercenary, written by Special Forces Viet-Nam vet Barry Sadler. The Roman soldier who speared Christ on the cross is condemned to walk the Earth as a soldier until the 2nd Coming. He had this concept before Highlander or Wolverine used the idea, these books are very entertaining.

Attached: CASCA.jpg (217x353, 35K)

Anything by Kenneth Roberts.

Just finished reading this. It's pretty good if you're into African wars and mercenaries and stuff. Another book I really like is The Forgotten Soldier.

I've tried to read Storm of Steel twice and I just can't get into it.

Attached: MyFriendTheMercenary.jpg (342x499, 34K)

I notice the godless commies tend to disgust me more than the nazis. Commies treated EVERYBODY like shit. If anyone doesn't believe me, read In The First Circle about the gulags. Fuckin commies

I plan on this eventually. Its in my wish list

Surprisingly solid. I had low expectations but it was actually quite good.

>used Howard Hughes
Nice meme.

Read up on Mad Mike Hoare. Apparently he's still alive.

Also pic related.

Attached: 1957-youre-stepping-on-my-cloak-and-dagger-1st-edition-collectible-book-0143.jpg (1600x1600, 321K)

Got my spook side interested, i'll give it a look

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 10K)

The inrange fags did a video, it was pretty good.

Anyone got Hatcher's Notebook epub or non shit pdf?

I'll second this one, it's excellent. Also "Sea of Thunder" is well done.

No, but just got a used hard copy for $8.99 including shipping. Thought that was a good deal, check Amazon and ABE books, copies turn up cheap from time to time.

right now I'm reading pic related. pretty good, has a lot of details and a lot of weird Khmer names. but it says a lot about the structure of a guerrilla group like the Khmer Rouge and how they were able to create a good insurgency.

Attached: 41VACTLdibL.jpg (332x500, 29K)

One soldiers war

Great first hand account of the Russian side if the chechan conflict and the disfunctionality of the Russian army

Reading this now. Its fucking fantastic.

I LOVE that book. GREAT read! : D