Cleaning your firearm

How often and how thoroughly does Jow Forums clean their firearms? Answer truthfully

Attached: A1fOGSQjBUL._SX466_.jpg (466x569, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S-Th3zyJsY8
youtu.be/mbcaZlNIPTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I keep them oiled, but cleaning? Once a year for most - with 800-1,500 rounds estimate for each.

Or if they start malfunctioning, or a new purchase: then, yeah, I clean them.

Everytime I shoot I clean the bore and action with stiff nylon brush and bore snake or brass brush on a rod and ballistol. Twice a year (before summer and after fall) I'll get more detailed and break everything down, inspect the components and give everything a light oil coat.
T. Own 4 handguns, 5 long guns

I have guns that belonged to my father, and my grandfather before him, and may great grandfather before him.
I don't think they've ever been cleaned.

Obsessively unless it's a shotgun. Those are just a pain in the ass for some reason. I keep my EDC pretty clean.

Oil them and wipe down the outside
Any more than that and your just playing with it unless your shooting corrosive ammo

After every range session, otherwise if i'm not shooting for months at a time. I'll take out the guns and spray some ballistol down the barres, and over bolts and pop back in.

>how often?
every time I press check

Only when they need it, which is nearly never.

Used to clean after every range trip but now once every 3 or 4, probably once a quarter. Do a deep clean of all my guns once a year tho.

Oil patch down the barrel, lightly oil the outside of the barrelif its non-stainless...maybe a touch of oil on any parts that move (my guns are bolts)...thats it.

Once a year? maybe two? Maybe even less on average? for noncorrosive ammo shooters anyway.
My vepr12 gets cleaned at least a couple times a year though because I'm putting so much birdshot through it at the skeet range. It actually leads to occasional malfunctions after 500 or so rounds when the gas block starts getting too plugged up for super light loads.
And as far as how thoroughly, I just snake, field strip, make sure to get the main areas and spray the rest down with remoil mist.
Never been a fan of cleaning for no major reason.

Attached: 1292561961710.jpg (1024x877, 510K)

>looking for my small whetstone to sharpen something
>look in gun cleaning box
>a little hoppes 9 bottle has a top that doesnt screw on well
>try to tighten it
>spill it everywhere

Attached: you.png (658x901, 64K)

I do a full disassembly cleaning after every range trip because I love my guns and enjoy spending time manipulating them.

I always clean them after I shoot them. I also sometimes just break one down and clean it out of boredom. Cleaning firearms is soothing for me.

I have bought an old 1911 i am brushing the barrel for three days now with brass bushes and the patches still come out black.
WHEN WILL THIS STOP!

Attached: 1556021488985.gif (512x287, 1.24M)

literally how

Every time I fire a shot, I also only use non-toxic cleaners.
I don't do this out of obsession with cleanliness, but so I can always cuddle with my raifus without getting dirty.

>could you even imagine using GMO non-organic bullets
Never gonna make it user

Use a good cleaner, like ballistol for peak sensual aroma, and a jag.

Everytime after I shoot, lazy fucks.

I use Ballistol.
Maybe I need to do heavy chemical cleaning.

Everytime after I shoot I clean every surface that can be cleaned without complete disassembly.
Once every 2 weeks if I DONT shoot it for anti-rust even though I store them in a dry place just in case.

Once every 6 months I will disassemble completely and clean everything and put long term storage clp.

most likely it will be your brushes LOL
Happened to me before when I first started shooting.

Its okay if you don't get it completely clean. If it is an extremely dirty barrel then I recommend using big45frontier metal cleaner.
It will clean even the rustiest and dirtiest of mosin barrels.
Your welcome

after every time i shoot. maintenance will make it last.

I clean every three hundred rounds or so or pistols and rifles. Closer to 150 for my Garands and Schmidt-Rubins. Blackpowder stuff gets cleaned after every session because rust.

I clean my guns once a week even if I don't shoot.
If I shoot I clean them after and then again on Friday.

Everytime I shoot I field strip and clean my funs. Maybe right after, maybe a couple of days later

>imagine being the generation that ruins an heirloom rifle
worst timeline

Field cleaning after every range trip. Twice a year I do a detail strip and scrub the ever loving fuck out of the guns I shoot constantly. If I don't shoot it constantly it the twice a year tender love and care of a light ammount of oil and functions check.

I'll clean my bangybois whenever I fucking feel like it, old man.

Funnily enough, I just got all of my cleaning supplies ready a few minutes before I saw this thread. It has been some time since I've cleaned the .22 and the 9. I can't remember the last time I cleaned the nugget but it doesn't look too bad. AR has literally never been cleaned (or shot lmao). .270 got cleaned last time I used it? Or before I used it. Can't remember. My memory has always been shit. Field strips only, but that covers ~75% of all the surfaces because of how simple they are. I don't shoot enough to bother with a deep clean more than once a year or two.

submerge the barrel in kroil for a week.

Seconding this, even if I only shoot a few rounds I'll spend at least 30-60 minutes cleaning each gun as spotless as I can reasonably get it

Do you think the brush itself is already dirty?
I have cleaned it with gasoline at the end...

boresnake after shooting session

Complete disassembly and deep clean after hunting trips that have a lot of dust or water involved. I went to a skeet shoot benefiting a charity last month and it rained on us for 2 hours during the shoot so all of our shotguns got pretty soaked. I'm pretty sure I was the only person on the team who did anything more than wipe down the outside of his gun and squirt some remoil in the chamber & barrel afterwards. Those retards kept wondering why their guns were malfunctioning during the shoot too when they always treat them like crap and put them up wet after duck hunting trips.

Field stripped after every range trip and all surfaces that can be reached with a q-tip are cleaned. I get sloppy if I try to clean more than 2 in a single cleaning session though.
If they haven't been shot in a while I'll field strip and wipe them down with oil. If I notice some schmutz that's been loosened up by the ballistol, or if I notice a part I missed altogether I'll give it another quick cleaning.

I haven't done a full disassembly and cleaning on any of my guns but don't feel the need to.

After every range trip

after every rangetrip. however i have plenty of guns that dont get to go to the range and go unshot for months or years. those only get cleaned or reoiled if i notice rust.

Generally after 300 or so rounds, I open up my guns and give them a quick wipe and some oil. I'll usually break them down as far as I can after 1,000 rounds for a deep clean.

I clean my carry gun almost every other day. I just enjoy cleaning it. My pistols are my favorite to clean, so I clean them the most. My rifles I just clean the bolt and the barrel after I shoot them.

Every time I go shooting regardless of how many rounds, be it 50 or 500.

I clean until all copper and carbon fouling is gone or until I'm tired of trying to remove it. Muzzle brake is a tough one because i hate removing it and theres a ton of buildup in there quickly.

My AR pistol is an Anderson made with RF85 in the steel. It requires no lube or solvents whatsoever.

After about 10 range trips, I break it down and throw everything right into the dishwasher on hot with very little soap.

Comes out clean and spotless.

Then I either use a heat gun or compressed air to blow the water out.

Attached: PicsArt_01-21-04.45.16.jpg (1717x1903, 903K)

After every range trip! If they get shot they get cleaned! and at least twice a year if its a safe queen! God strike me dead! Im a firm believer that their is a special place in hell for people that keep dirty guns and refuse to clean them!

take of your shit degenerates

shoot your guns user

A good basic cleaning after every range trip. Nothing deep - just run a bore snake through it and swab out the action with a Q-tip soaked in Ballistol. But doing a little every timer helps keep ‘em healthy!

Anderson RF85 rifle. 5000 rounds with no oil, and only cleaned once.

youtu.be/S-Th3zyJsY8

youtu.be/mbcaZlNIPTk

!

Once a month and everytime after firing, I wipe the slide and all external metal parts of my P07 daily.
I live in a fucking tropical country and its very easy for rust to build up on the parts I touch

If they get shot, they get cleaned

After every range trip I'll pop the upper off my rifle, and throw a brass brush through the barrel, followed by a little cloth with some Hoppe's on it. I'll also wipe and lube the bolt, and do a quick whipedown of the lower and the whole gun. Give everything a proper cleaning about once a year, make sure there's no rust or buildup occuring.

Basically never if I'm not in there fucking w something already

About twice a year on each gun (that gets shot). Occasionally I also wipe the outside surfaces with oil.