Well Jow Forums, it happened. My house was broken into last night while my family and I were sleeping

Well Jow Forums, it happened. My house was broken into last night while my family and I were sleeping.

I'm a light sleeper and regularly wake up at all times of the night. I woke up last night, and like many times before I grabbed the maglite flashlight by the bed and took a walk. I head downstairs and stop as I think I hear something. I go over to the basement door and wait for a few seconds and I hear muffled talking of a guy. HOLY. SHIT. I go back upstairs and wake up the wife. "WHAT? WHAT?" Of course she's going to wake up all fucking loud. "Shut the fuck up woman and listen. Call the police and tell them to get here now, someone broke in and are in the basement." I grab my shotgun exactly like pic related and load three rounds and put a few more shells in my pocket. I poke my head in my son's room and he's still knocked out. I tell my wife to go in our son's room and when he wakes up to keep him company. She nods as she continues talking to the police. She goes into his room and closes the door. I head back downstairs. I go to the basement and put my ear to the door. I hear more muffled talking and it sounds like someone is moving stuff around. I think it's at least 2 guys down there. I do a quick test run in my head of what it would look like if I go in there slowly without alerting them that I'm there. I just need a line of sight and then these motherfuckers are going to be eating buckshot. I slowly open the basement door and it creaks. Things make so much fucking noise at night. I pause and I don't hear them anymore. I open the door fully and it makes a little more creaking noise then I hear someone scrambling. I go down the steps, leading with my gun. I walk the basement and no one is there. A window is broken, someone went through my tools, and the basement fridge door was open. The cops showed up 6 minutes after we called.

I've never been so close to killing someone in my life. I have some improvements to make as I felt a little under prepared for this one.

Attached: 42628_1.jpg (835x190, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=noyZUnVv_rs
youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Awesome, I'm subbing to your blog.

Good try user, maybe next time. I'm sad that you didn't get to buckshot thief ass as they crawled out the window

Should have prefired through the door then kicked it open, would have stunned them rather than letting them have the iniative by slowly fiddling with the door. Ammo and doors are cheap compared to a noggin with no holes.

Aw, I'm sorry man. You'll get them next time. Are you using adequate bait? Maybe lease a Porsche for a month and park it in the driveway. Have you considered setting large empty boxes on the porch, so they think you're ordering expensive stuff?

Attached: 1556582430238.jpg (444x446, 72K)

I've been through this once myself. The guy also got away. He broke in through my kitchen sliding glass door. The alarm didn't go off and we didn't wake up to it. Then he made some more noise that did eventually wake me up. Grabbed the 9mm and I went for him but he booked it. I'm not normally an angry guy but I was ready to kill this piece of garbage for breaking into my house while my family is sleeping. Now I test all my alarms every few months and I've done practice drills with the wife and kids.

>I've done practice drills with the wife and kids
What did you do specifically? Where they are supposed to hide/take cover and inform the police of whats going on?

I'm a little relieved I didn't have to kill anyone, but they definitely deserved it.

Ha. If I pray and spray in the basement the wife would be on my ass for the rest of my life for being wreckless.

Maybe some beats headphones in the middle of the floor.

Yeah man it's a little surreal of a situation to be in when it's going on. I thought I prepped adequately but if those had been guys with guns who had direct intention to hurt us we would have been in serious trouble.

We designated a safety room in the house. Everyone knows to go there. It has 2 windows that leads out so everyone can get out if need be. Cops are to be called immedately. My eldest son is to get his firearm and watch the family while I take care of the issue wherever it is in the house. If he's not home it's the wife. We call out to each other if we are not sure of something to prevent friendly fire. Everyone has been to the shooting range a few times now. I've done drills with my eldest so he understands what it means to aquire a target and shoot in our hallways and how to ensure there's no friendly fire on dear ol' dad.

That is something I hope I never have to go through. My dad always said the gun is in the house like the fire extinguisher. There for emergencies but hopefully you never have to use it. But you better believe if some asshole is stupid enough to break into my house he's not leaving alive.

That's why you dont go looking for trouble, you sit there and you hunker your ass down. If on the chance you do need to go out, leave your women with the kids, a phone and a gun, have a safe word so she doesn't blast your ass when you walk back in to the room, cause what really made that noise was a trash Panda. My youngest son sleeps in the room with us, and our oldest is down the hall way in his own room. If the time tcame that shit has gone down, she'll hunker down in our room with her AR and the phone, I take my AR the spare phone, any thing else i might need and make my way down to my oldest son's room and hunker down there, or grab him and move him back to my room to wait with their mom.

I agree with that sentiment.

>world's longest shotgun
>loaded 3 rounds

Attached: 1556717004461.jpg (440x398, 46K)

Fair points. After last night we've talked about the wife holding onto my handgun in this situation. We'll come up with a good game plan as a family.

This is some good info. We'll probably hold up some of this to the gameplan we come up with.

Play defense. Defend a position. They’re bound to pass by you

Bahaha I bought this shotgun specifically because of how many rounds it can hold (and it was a great price). But in the heat of the moment the time to load felt like it was taking up too much time.

Keep the tube full maybe with a lock through the chamber?

Possibly. Two of my buddies have been ragging me this morning that a shotgun isn't the way to go for home defense. They're trying to get me to pick up an AR15 instead. I'll have to do some research to understand the best way to move forward.

How can you not be aware your door squeaks?

I'm aware all the doors in my house creak. My house was built in 1931. But at that moment I didn't anticipate just how loud that noise would carry or how much it would creak if I tried to open the door super slowly.

It's an autistic shitfit you don't want to take part in. Keep the tube full and one of those bike chamberlocks through it and practice a lot; it should be fine.
t. Has never 'short-stroked' a pump action in his life.

The more the wife is on board and gets with it, the more of an asset she is to you. What if you got attacked or worst, killed? What ifthey took your gun, went and raped your wife? I was 13 and home alone at night when some one broke into my house (single mom, worked nights, thought I was old enough.) I heard people fucking around with my back door, before I could even call the cops the guy kicked it in. Nope out the front door and down the street, didnt even get the time to call. In a situation like that, you need every one to act, not be a dumb fuck that needs instructions. Seriously, get your wife on board, she could actually save your life,be it with a gun or first aid, etc.

>you don't need a gun, just call the police

People who say things like that are truly delusional and have no idea how quickly a home invasion unfolds. Police support will usually be at least 5 minutes away, and that's if you're lucky, you could be waiting 15+ minutes for a cop to show up after you call. Hell, in my shitty small town the police department is trying to keep the "crime statistics" down so they will only send a police unit over to respond in dire situations. I know a lady who lives by herself a few blocks away who called the police one night because her deranged neighbor was yelling and trying to kick her door in. The dispatcher told her to just go lock herself in her room and if he actually managed to get inside the house then they'd send somebody over to help. Total bullshit.

To make things clear, if they actually dispatch a unit to someone's house then that incident must be recorded but if they never send a cop out then they don't have to record anything and it's like it never happened. They constantly "lose the paperwork" for theft investigations too. A local scrapyard gets broken into several times a year and every time they call the police they just tell them, "well there's really no way to track these people or the goods they stole down so it's just not worth the effort". They actually caught the thief that robbed the scrap yard one time but the DA ended up dropping the court case because they couldn't find the paperwork saying what all he stole. The owners of the scrapyard were furious afterwards and said that they have multiple digital and hard copies of an itemized list of everything he stole, all the DA or detective had to do was ask them for it.

Hell, I had a tweaker (who I personally knew and watched from the window of my house with the doors locked, didn't have a gun handy) break into my car and steal my subwoofer amp (yeah, I was a tool who had a sound system back in my high school days) and they lost the case paperwork twice, TWICE, and had to come back and re-interview me and take all my information and serial numbers down. A year later I heard that they'd dropped the case against him because it wasn't worth prosecuting over.

>be me
>late at night chillin commando as per usual
>go downstairs make a sammich come back up
>hour later hear the sound of cupboards being opened
>string of break ins recently in this tiny town
>grab the AK
>KYAK as I rack the slide walking down the hallway
>turn the corner to start my descent down the stairs
>take the first step, dick swinging like a horses tail swatting flys
>the patron saint of bears on unicycles and blonde schoolgirls tucked into my shoulder ready to dump lead like the Taco Bell shits
>mfw I only catch the shadow from their shoulder as they are darting out of the porch and into the street
>mfw I will not be immortalized in news headline and public records "Naked Man MagDumps Intruder with AK"
>mfw their last sight on this earth won't be my floppy dick and muzzle of my AK

Don't use the AR for home defense, that is for SHTF duty/war/riot control. You dont wanna have to worry about rounds flying through walls and hitting your kid/wife/neighbor/dog

Shotgun is perfect for niggers that break into your house, more powerful than 5.56 too. See how many nigs are still moving after a load of buckshot to the chest

There are less things that can go wrong with an AR. You can keep the gun loaded and not chambered, on the fire position. You'll only have to chamber a round and not have to worry of anything else than pulling the trigger.
With a shotgun (especially if kept unloaded) you have to go through the process of loading and as you said it is a quite long process for this kind of situation. Each time you cycle the gun you have to make sure you're not short stroking the action. You might have never done that but people can fuck up pretty simple things while under stress. Then you have to keep a shot count in your head. With an AR there are none of these issues. Just make sure to put a light on it and things should go way better.

I'm especially aware of all this since I have for the last couple of month for various reasons used an unreliable marlin 1894 in .44RM (made in the wrong period) as my sole HD gun. It has a wobbly stock and won't feed 100% of the time. Things should go better next month since I'm going to get myself (finally) a glock.
Anyway stay safe and prepare yourself better for the next encounter.

If this isn't copypasta it should be. Saved. Patron saint of bears on unicycles and blonde women. Ha.

buy a vp9 and put a suppressor on it next time. don’t blow out you and your family’s hearing when safe options exist.

redditors first attempt to get a greentext screencap

Ar-15 is the way to go. Cost effective and effective at killing the enemy.

Not a copypasta, had that happen one summer night.

you deserve to get robbed for buying that trash. raise your standards

>Don't use the AR for home defense, that is for SHTF duty/war/riot control. You dont wanna have to worry about rounds flying through walls and hitting your kid/wife/neighbor/dog
You're retarded as shit, the AR is recommended cause it starts to tumble and frag from hitting just single piece of dry wall. A 9mm will do the complete opposite and travel through multiple walls, buckshot will even OP more walls than 5.56.

Guys, my mom keeps a load handgun in the kitchen behind to some decretive shit. You can’t see it because it’s in a dark corner behind it and you can only see it if you’re right up on it. I think this is a bad idea but she feels it’s faster to get to when she’s home alone during the day. Should I convince her to move it because I don’t want some big bugular finding it. My gun is always in my room hidden so I don’t worry about it.

223 overpenetrates LESS than buckshot, the AR15 is more compact than most shotguns, and it holds more rounds.

+1 AR15 is one of the best long guns you can have for HD. I've heard good arguments for pistol caliber carbines as well, which are less likely to blow your ears out. Especially if you have a suppressor

Pic of broken window and tools?

i hope to get a carcano cavalry carbine and use it for home defense, keepnig the mag nearby with bayonet ready

Attached: 31942837994_9dafc4b0bd_b.jpg (1024x576, 144K)

Excellent idea. Pic related would be a friend of your I guess.

Attached: real man home defense.png (965x114, 25K)

>Not keeping a round chambered.

Are you trying to get killed, because that's how you get killed.

I just hate the idea of letting the hammer spring under tension. It may sound stupid but I have some sort of autism with springs. Keeping mags loaded is already a big step for me.

>gun not already loaded
It's your wife's son in the other room, but probably not yours

Can't steal what you can't find.

>buckshot thief ass as they crawled out the window

and then the cops ask how you thought they were a threat to your life as they were crammed half-way into a basement window like a [stuck in wall] doujin character.

That's when you drag their dead corpse back in and put a knife in their hand desu.

Are you one of those dudes that cant wait to kill someone?

a lot of times they'll just steal tools from the garage and take off.

Former prosecutor here, the Court system is absolutely fucked and hopelessly overloaded, nobody has time for your stupid fucking subwoofer and some scrap when there are (1) actually serious crimes occurring, and (2) people sitting in jail in borderline unconstitutional fashion awaiting arraignment or trial. Misdemeanors and bullshit felonies only get worked up for trial as a training exercise for new prosecutors or as an attempt to force a CI agreement in a plea deal.

Go talk to your legislature and pay your taxes if you want anything to change.

Just so you know, clear bait will work against you in court. If you are accused of "setting an ambush", the Castle Doctrine cannot protect you some states.
That is what unfortunately happened to the honored veteran Bryon David Smith.

>mfw I only have surp for home defense
How much overpenetration does 198gr 8x57 Mauser have? And would bayonetting a home invader end well in court?

You aren't?

Anons, how can I get one of these "wives" you speak of?

I think they made a song about you OP

youtube.com/watch?v=noyZUnVv_rs

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 21K)

Get control of your wife you faggot

Yeah, I know the jails and courts are completely overloaded but it's usually just a small handful of thieves in an area that are committing the vast majority of thefts. What are we supposed to do about those fuckers if the LEO and prosecutors won't stop them or even investigate their crimes?

Also, the instance with the scrap yard they broke into the office and stole over $10k worth of stuff plus vandalized their heavy equipment. It's not like they just made off with $50 worth of scrap copper. All of their computers and office equipment were stolen along with power tools, generators, cutting torches, and welders used by their employees on site.

This. You sound like a weenie. If you don't get hard quick your wife is going to start the seeing the Hammer because he will be.

the best thing to do when the law wont help you is to take the law into your own hands. thats what the founding fathers intended. for a thief, break his hand or cut off his fingers.

The faggots have showed up.

Its bait for exotic game dumbass

My phone gives a specific chirp if my motion active camera detects movement during work hours or 10 pm to 6 am. 1 is in my unfinished basement covering the whole room from a corner. It is there for security as well as for checking during heavy rainfall if I am having any water issues.

cuck

The Hammer is going to start hammering your wife. That makes you hard doesn't it?

what about what he said makes it seem like he doesnt have control over his wife? i just read as he'd get teased for it afterwards? sounds like some angry virgins

>Whiteknighting a random user and his wife
How much more pathetic can you get?

smith's problem was recording himself executing them when they were already incapacitated

kek, they won't go after Jamal for stealing shit all over town but they'll sure as shit go after me for causing him grievous bodily injury

>How much overpenetration does 198gr 8x57 Mauser have
a lot

You actually say fictional shit like "shut up woman" to your fictional pillow case wife?

Where a mask

You should have silently locked the basement door and then gone outside to cut off their avenue of escape, if you were going to go after them at all. You would have been better off waiting for the cops but still listening at the door and only moving on them if they seemed like they were going to be leaving. Let the cops catch them in the act.

No offense user but they escaped (and potentially stole some shit) because you made your move too early.

And I'm sure you wouldve done a million times better like a true navy SEAL right?

Honk!

Attached: 1556011957554.jpg (680x638, 59K)

I stand corrected, with tools/equipment/etc. that sounds like enough to actually put in some effort on a judicial side depending on the current workload. However, if some dumbfuck cop messed up somewhere along the line, it can screw the whole case which puts it back in the discard pile.

This is the hard truth: personal property cases are generally just blips. Vandalism is nothing. This is why blue collar businesses should have insurance, or they need to invest in better security.

The sliver lining: just shoot him next time. If he enters the property (that you've obviously made some earnest attempt to secure) with an intent to commit a felony therein, your use of deadly force is presumed proportional to the threat, and you're good to go as long as you're not doing any sadistic shit while he's uncapped or running away. If the cops dont just mothball a case about some nobody dead serial thief, nobody in their right mind is going to waste time prosecuting.

Not him but I occasionally use my best "Cleetus voice" and jokingly talk shit to my woman. She usually just rolls her eyes.

what the fuck did you say about me etc etc

Does she suck you off with an annoyed expression on her face? That's so fucking hot

I didn't realize you needed to be a Navy seal to know not to go into a room in which you may be out numbered, out gunned, and don't know what waits for you on the other side. They currently don't know you're there and the police are already on the way. DO NOT try to be a hero.

Or more simply, my state law has a clause against trying to hunt anyone down even if they're in your home. No duty to retreat, but you can't actively seek them out with a weapon either.

Ok, so you're a cuck.

you sound like a pussy basedboy that lives in a cucked state. id love to knock your teeth out i could do it so easily too

Yeah, usually the scrap yard doesn't get hit that hard, the average break-in there just results in a couple hundred bucks worth of scrap metals getting stolen but that time they were cleaned out.

My uncle also runs a hardware store in town and it gets broken into at night and robbed every few years, even with surveillance footage the police never show any interest in investigating. He used keep a small selection of firearms for sale like 20 years ago but had to give up on that because thieves kept breaking in and stealing the 5-6 guns he had locked in the case. Once he dropped his FFL and stopped carrying guns the break-ins became much less frequent. Now the damage to the building from the forced entry is usually more costly for him than the amount of goods that the thieves steal.

>This is why blue collar businesses should have insurance, or they need to invest in better security.

Small town scrap yards and hardware stores would be hard pressed to afford a commercial insurance policy with reasonable deductibles for theft. A lot of small businesses don't even have vandalism covered in their policies because vandalism coverage is really expensive.

Barricade basement door into house.
Fill basement window wells with random big shit so they cant get out.
Put hose in by broken window and turn on.
Shove pool towel down external drain out pipe, but keep enough out for the ability to remove it later.
Hookup speakers to phone or whatever you have to play music.
Aim speakers to floor.
Play AC/DC thunderstruck looped as loud as possible.
youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM
Leave the house with family to go eat at Denny's.
Know that this is the best outcome you could have hoped for.

Attached: 1556231380035.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

based teeth-punching poster

Nah, she usually has this devious little smirk on her face when she's going down to give me a BJ.

lmao imagine being this big of a pussy. I hope your boyfriend wife gets raped by them infront of the two of you.

fucking mogged

This is kind of the systemic problem. Serial petty thieves get away with de facto grand theft because the overarching case is hard to make. Without getting too deep into it, you need to essentially link all of the independent little crimes into one big crime, which introduces a LOT of points for procedural failure that can prevent you from getting the conviction you want. In turn, the kind of businesses that a criminal will actually risk stealing $200 from cant afford insurance. It's sucky but thems the breaks.

Your only real option is deterrence and prevention, whatever form that takes, or just factor in a certain amount of operational losses from theft. Being poor keeps you poor, this is the world we live in.

You're a fucking moron mate. If "shut the fuck up woman" is "fictional" to you, then I bet dildos in your bum is a regular reality.

>nobody has time for your stupid fucking subwoofer and some scrap
>pay your taxes if you want anything to change.
I spent several years in San Francisco and have lived the end result of your attitude of sloth and ineptitude. Cops don't investigate or even intervene because the DA won't prosecute, and middle class "pay your taxes if you want anything to change" fucks like me end up dealing with it by avoiding needles and shit and sucker-punch game attendees everywhere. And what's the solution? MO MONEY FO DEM PROGRAMZ.
I know its kind of our motto and very overused, but seriously fuck you. Thanks for the 40 pound Libertarian redpill.

Attached: anger.jpg (549x1024, 52K)

I mean, it'd be one thing if this was in some big city with murders, rapes, and child abductions occurring every day but this is a smaller town of only 15k people, and it's the largest "city" for 30 miles in any direction. We have a pretty sizeable and well-equipped police force as well, brand new multi-million dollar police station, all squad cars / SUV's are newer than 5 years old, better pay and benefits than any of the surrounding counties for LEO's (and any city / county employee really)...

It depends on whose business gets robbed as well, if some bigshot in town gets his store broken into then they go all out, post all the videos and pictures from surveillance on facebook and other social media, etc. but other businesses that get broken into never get any attention. It's crazy how hard it is to change anything through voting even on a very local level in a small town, makes you realize why it seems like shit just keeps going downhill once you get to the State & National level and how hard it will be to ever change things for the better just by voting.

That's why you use a sword or short spear for home defense. Nothing can go wrong with it and great for defending hallways. wouldn't recommend it if you live in an area where the criminals have access to guns though.

I say if you can't beat a man to death with your bare hands then you are no man yourself.

some states don't require this

Which states can you shoot a fleeing person in the back/ass and kill them?

I said talk to your legislature. Can't leave out half of the sentence because the notion of paying your taxes upsets you.

We're talking about a law enforcement shortfall. I'm telling you law enforcement has insufficient resources. You're telling me funds are being mismanaged. These aren't contradictory notions.

Both are legislative problems. Your congresspeople are to blame. That issue is solved by the democratic process, i.e. voting. Don't complain, do something.

states that don't require a duty to retreat
generally let you something like this.
Texas is the prime example of this.

Probably better in the long run, legal fees stack up fast if the DA wants to give you hell.