Jow Forumsolorado 4: Land of Elk and Honey

We doin' this again, brothers.
Post Colorado content.
Comment on Colorado content.
Mock the pathetic mag-ban.
Do not comply with Boulder laws.
Drink based micro-brews.

Attached: ezgif-2-a8e61bfcbc80.jpg (1024x679, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gvf4-hatU80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Know your allies.

Attached: 5826082_orig.png (946x550, 128K)

Attached: Cameron-Pass-Nohku-Crags-Robert-Ford-OutThere-Colorado-1024x685.jpg (1024x685, 185K)

What exactly does resident permit only mean

Just that. Those states only honor their own CC permits; they won't recognize any other ones.

Jow Forums colonizes Mesa Verde after SHTF. How's it go?

Attached: cliff-dwellings-gene-sherrill.jpg (900x597, 151K)

Probably waste resources trying to genetically engineer skinwalkers. Grow corn, beans, peppers, squash, etc.

Attached: Navajo-Skinwalkers.png (791x482, 753K)

Kivas get repurposed. Now instead of Indian religion, they are devoted to dark rituals involving the Jow Forumsube and skinwalker blood.
Our priests cover themselves in bandages to imitate our prophet, The Burned Man.

Attached: PII_housing.jpg (600x364, 41K)

Nah Cliff palace isn't what we want
Balcony house is much more defensible

Attached: balcony_house_556.jpg (556x353, 84K)

I mean, we really can take the whole Mesa Verde complex.

We're gonna need to repair and rebuild some of it, though.

>mfw have permits from CO and WA

Just got one of these (not this specific brand, but a twig stove like this). Cannot recommend it enough. Breaks down flat into its own carrying case, much less bulk than a propane burner and propane tanks, weight isn't too extreme. Best part is that you just use whatever fuel you can find around you. Didn't take too long to boil enough water for a freeze-dried meal.
Great for innawoods operating in Colorado (or anywhere, really).

Attached: 61+zpYE+wVL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 26K)

It needa stop being sporadically cold/snowy, I wanna shoot outside more

Attached: 20190327_143335.jpg (4032x2268, 3.31M)

>not shooting in cold/snow
I bet you don't shoot in the rain either you fuckin pussy

Fucking pussy, I’m in Deep South Arizona and would kill to have snow to shoot in this time of year.

I did once in a downpour that rolled up fast last summer without really being prepared for it and it was gay as shit. But I wasnt about to leave cause I drove two hours out to the BLM land near Kremmling

The range I go to now closes the driving gate if the ground is too soft tho so I cant place targets out to their 500 yd max

There's a public range that goes out to 500 yds in CO? Where?
I grew up learning to shoot in the rain in the PNW so I love that shit.

Golden Gun Club (it's in Watkins not Golden) It's not public but I definitely think it's worth the like ~$300 a year, it's a little south of DIA. 530 yd rifle range, 100 yd pistol, full trap/skeet ranges, and u get to watch the planes fly in lowish overhead to DIA the whole time. Its comfy as fug

Oh I've shot at GGC before. My Army unit did our quals there. It's overrated imo.

Too far away for me, anyway. I guess it's Cherry Creek 'till I die.

>Jow Forumsolorado
>More like Calirodo

Cherry Creek is aight because some of the RSOs are chill and hot dog man has his hot dogs. But personally I just drive to a free range. Love the Keystone range but now I drive to the Bakers Draw one because it's closer to where I live now.

Pathetic attempt at bait; back to LA with you.

How far are those from, say, Parker? Also, based hotdog man is based.

I'm from South Carolina lad, I lived in Denver for about a year and a half tho. Beautiful state, but God the identity crisis in that state is unbearable. Back home now, sun shining, weather is nice and warm and no snobby Californians. Good luck

I like it cause they have their own steel target hangers every 100 yards and prebuilt paper stands, so I dont have to bring much more than I would going to an indoor range

Tell your shitty state government to recognize our CC permits.

I won't lie to you, they kind of far. The Keystone one is like right by Keystone, and Bakers Draw is way the fuck up by Wyoming but I live in FoCo so it's not bad. IMO the drive is worth it. No range fees, free targets (although I recommend bringing duct tape to hang them on the stands), free earpro, no RSOs, etc.

The Bakers Draw one does tend to have more people because of the hicks from noco and wyo, but they mostly have bolt actions and sks, with some ak and ar variants. Keystone one is generally more abandoned, but sometimes there will be cops up there training at their range that is adjacent so I would stay away if you ain't legal.

That's gonna be a nah from me dog

Also you clearly haven't met the local range superhero Nail Man.

One of the first times I went there, this old dude is just walking around slowly staring at the dirt.

>dude walks up behind me and says "u almost drove over this"
>hes holding a tiny metal nail
>"oh,, thanks?"
>NM: "yeahp, I walk around here pickin up nails, I wonder a lot how many people's tires I've saved"
>Me: "yeah man..?. that's good ur doin that"
>later hear faintly him explaining this to everyone that comes in from the other side of the line "...Im pickin up nails so people dont drive on em.. I wonder how many peoples tires I've saved..."
>he comes back and tries to give my cousin one of the nails - "look! Another one, I saved ur tire"
>continues doing this, and I never saw him shoot anything the whole time. He just saved all our tires and flew away.
>based Nail Man

Attached: 5d5c4f50accc9639dbfc222af27181a01651448b446ed6d8c6accfb46e5ff5f1_1.jpg (1080x1027, 127K)

Yeah, go figure.

Or he's just some weirdo walking around with nails. Why would there be nails in the road in the first place?

Sup COmrades.I shot my new AR I built the other day at the Harris Park public range. Great day, had the whole range to ourselves. Any cool stuff/events in the Lakewood/Denver area? I just transcended from nogunner recently and am trying to meet people

Attached: 220px-John_Denver_1974.jpg (220x283, 21K)

Ye I was wondering that too

You could always check out the Tanner Gun Show. Well worth it.

If u wanna cool shop to visit, try 5280 armory if haven't. All the cool shit on the walls isnt for sale as it's the owner's personal collection, but it's a neat store

Also

Moving to CO soon. Source in compliant G3 magazines or should I make my own

Hit or miss desu
5280 has a large selection but yeah the collection throws you at first

some gun store in denver straight up gave me like 6 G3 mags, people don't really give a shit about the mag ban.

I mean, I probably wouldn't either but I'm moving out there for college and living in dorms. Figure I'll play it safe until I'm on my own land.

Try Damage Factory, if they're near you. Not sure specifically about g3 mags, but they usually can get just about anything else

>hit or miss
True enough, but I kinda like that whole "not sure if I'm gonna come out of there with anything interesting" thing. I remember several years ago there were K31 all over the place. Nowadays, can't find them. Kind of a good way to gauge market trends.

Which college? I go to CSU right now, but I live off campus.

Went in there once and was severely underwhelmed

I think the only gun I ever bought at tanner was a CZ52, but I used to go every once in a while

I'm mostly going there to see what oddities or milsurp I can find.

Going to Mines. Moving from OH. Campus police offer rifle storage so I figure I'll take them up on that.

Breddy based. If I remember, Colorado Mesa University is a CC campus. Or maybe I'm confusing it with somewhere else?

5280 sucks ass. Whenever anything interesting comes in, the owner keeps it for his personal collection. Nothing cool ever goes up for sale. But if you want a large collection of basic bitch ARs priced 10% above MSRP, it's the place to go.

All CO universities are CC campuses since the CO supreme court struck down CU Boulder's ban a few years ago.

Ye the store is small but they have by far the best transfer fees of anywhere around me. And they have a large vendor selection u can order through them

Ye but it was fun to look around there once and see what he had on display. I ordered one of the 14.5 inch pin/weld AO Thompsons through them for a decent price actually

There's a based dude in Aurora with an FFL who does dirt cheap transfers out of his house

Ever been to Old Steel guns? Nothing but milsurp stuff. Prices aren't amazing tho

Where you guys go shooting? I don't want to pay for gun fun time.

Does anyone know someone like this in the springs?

Baker's Draw and Keystone are free public ranges

There's a based warrant officer in 4ID who does it but you gotta be a soldier

Dmg factory fees aren't quite a fee though, they just ask that spend $20 on something else, so I just buy two pmags or soemthing and call it good

I'm not, I'm local scum but that's cool

There is one guy in Briargate whos really cool and used to do transfers for $15. Then one day I went in and he was like “oh btw slight price increase it’s $40 now” and haven’t been back since

Only gun store I've been to in the springs is Family Firearms Sales. I would avoid it like the plague, employees are arrogant douchenozzles who don't know too much about guns

>employees are arrogant douchenozzles who don't know too much about guns
Check out springs armory if you want to avoid that. Only been in a couple time and don’t know much about their prices or transfers but the workers are all very pleasant. Literally every other store in the springs that I’ve been to is full of a bunch of pricks.

I don't live in the springs, thank fuck. Just had to TDY to Carson a few times for Army bs.

Yeah, pretty good stuff.

Good luck Fucker. The Coors tour is no longer free I am sad to say.

The new belgium one up by csu is free

I live and work in Pueblo fucking help me

Attached: 7E4B2D50-DEAD-4082-8164-17E8EBD3F6C9.gif (592x570, 386K)

based Pueblo bro

Pueblo's breddy gud. Innamountains and innadesert all within easy driving distance.

San Luis Valley might be one of the best parts of the state.
>Innadesert
>Innamountains
>Innawoods
>Spooky shit
>Lots of open public land
>City folk tend to ignore it because it's not as trendy
>Colorado's only Alligator farm
>UFO watchtower

Attached: zzdata-20020_686x480.png (640x480, 533K)

Pueblo is proof god doesn’t exist

Attached: 70846E55-F628-4F84-B44C-AAFF541B5C78.jpg (1080x955, 68K)

Pueblo was blacklisted for my Army unit

Really? All I hear are good things. Never had any bad experiences at CSU-P.

I heard 2 soldiers got stabbed down there

If I remember correctly, Pueblo has more Medal of Honor recipients than any other municipality.

Like many places in the USA, I'm sure it was great before it got completely taken over by beaners.

What are the best ranges in the springs? Someone was recommending one of the whispering pine clubs to me but it looks like an expensive membership.

And of course all of them are here legally. No wait, you know perfectly fucking well none of them are. And nobody made one fucking phone call to ICE or held their sheriff's feet in the fire during a close election, because that would be racist.

Magnum is ok. It's $15 an hour on paper, but unless people are waiting to get on the range they won't come around and kick you off so you can pretty much stay as long as you want within reason (1-2 hours is usually plenty for me). They're a bunch of dicks though.

One of the RSOs is a really nice guy but otherwise I agree. I still have a membership there for the winter and it's close.
Pikes Peak Gun Club is alright, I go there for trap but they have other ranges; I still like to make the trip out to Dragon Mans once in awhile too though that is a bit far out of "in the springs" qualifier. Public land is best still tho, just make sure you clean up.

>One of the RSOs is a really nice guy
Are you talking about John, the older guy? That dude is awesome. They've gotten a little better in general since they first opened but this one prick was so unbelievably rude to me when I bought a glock from them a few years ago and I will never forget it

Just got back home to eastern Kansas today from a trip to Denver over the last couple of days. We spent some time walking around the 16th street mall area and happened to walk into M.W. Reynolds. Seemed like a way overpriced hipster 'outdoor' store, which it pretty much is, but we walked into the back room and I was really surprised to see this in downtown Denver. Cheapest price tag on a shotgun I saw was $4k.

On a side note, we watched a guy shoplift probably $500 worth of stuff from a PacSun store and had a guy follow us for several blocks on 16th street. No idea what he thought he was going to do because there were 4 of us all aware that he was following us. We changed directions multiple times and he woul spin around and continue walking behind us until we turned a corner and there was a security guard standing there, then he took off the other direction.

Attached: MW Reynolds.jpg (1354x622, 378K)

16th Street Mall is pretty sketchy, least it was when I lived there. So was the part of Colfax behind the capital

>Thought

What part of Kansas? I used to be stationed at Riley near K State

16th street is not the greatest

I got guns drawn on me by like a dozen cops a block off of 16th. Best I can tell they thought I was a carjacking suspect.

>41362325
We picked up on that pretty quick, seemed like a pretty heavy homeless/panhandling population in the area. We walked from our hotel down to the Mint and did the tour through there. Honestly kind of weird to me to see nice buildings with all those people living on the sidewalks. Not a familiar sight for a small town kid.
I did most of my growing up in Manhattan, definitely a lot of military and college people come and go through the area. I'm further east in Shawnee county now

I'll add onto the big hit or miss.

I got a really good Swede m/38 for $250 after trading a barely functional shotgun. I think walked by a m/38 in drastically worse condition that was tagged at $650 leaving the show. Most milsurp there is ungodly high priced. I also got an original Swiss K31 charger for $10 a year ago.

Also if you are bringing a gun to sell and you don't have a sling on it I recommend buying a cheap ass wallyworld one instead of bringing it in a gun case to save yourself being asked every 4 feet "watchya sellin sonny?" and uncasing to either be offered a hysterical lowball or "not interested"

springs gun show this weekend fools

>I lived in Denver
You poor fucking thing. What possessed you to do that?

Yeah I think so, bearded guy with the shorter haircut, little grey coming in? I've never met a guy more happy to take my pal and I into a range.
Try Parker or Golden next time, inner city can suck hard and 16th is where less desirable types can congregate depending on the time of day

Came here 6 months ago, that shithole was not even on the table. I'm glad many people go there though, and then just leave.

who is Big Jim

They recognize permits of the state, if you're a resident of the state. i.e. If you have a Utah permit, but you're a resident of Tennessee, they will not recognize that permit. However, if you have your TN permit, they recognize that.

I never had any trouble on 16th. Must have come around when the riffraff weren't there. Tattered Cover is pretty good.

Had a pleasant expeiece there though I didn't really talk to anyone much.
Like Springs Armory but fuck me its on the other side of the city for me. Specialty Sports or whatever the fuck its called was pretty bad though

Don’t think we’re talking about the same guy. John looks sort of like a tinier version of Bernie Sanders and doesn’t have a beard. But he also acts super welcoming like that

Old Steel
Based store, run by a based Argie, won't say that they have the world's best prices, but it's still good for what it is.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gvf4-hatU80

Attached: logo.png (280x177, 81K)