British defence minister Gavin Williamson has been sacked

Apparently he leaked some classified stuff relating to Huawei and the UK's 5G network, so May fired him. He will be replaced by Penny Mordaunt.

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48129280

How will this affect British defense projects, procurement and strategy? IIRC Williamson was the dude behind Tempest, Global Britain and probably other things as well.

Attached: Gavin-Williamson-1121708.jpg (590x350, 27K)

His replacement. A tall, blonde, busty MILF who participated in a reality tv show.

Can't make this shit up.

Attached: mordaunt.jpg (640x960, 50K)

May should be the one getting the sack for trying to get Huawei into the UK 5G bidding process without telling the public or most of her government

Indeed.

More like a fatass.

also
>woman
>defence sec
I mean like like they could shit on the armed forces any harder but still.

cant speak out about the Chinese Communist Take over of England!

Attached: 1507200199450.jpg (720x485, 55K)

Legit not sure why Huawei is even being considered for the job. Aren't there any American or European companies which could do whatever Huawei is supposed to do?

Reeks of high level political corruption.

They should execute him for treason.

Why is May trying to get Huawei in anyways? There is no way the Five Eyes would allow a country to remain in the intelligence sharing group if their infrastructure is compromised by a Chinese company, surely the UK knows this?

I'd guess cost, but I don't know anything about network infrastructure.

Fourth Protocol 2019 edition with the parties reversed

I fucking hate this thought process too, it's fucking everywhere.
"We need faster data connection infrastructure, it needs to be secure especially from foreign adversaries but this sounds like it's gonna be expensive... Oh I know let's allow a company we know who are our foreign adversary to bid for the contract we'll save like 25% on cost."

>Huawei repeatedly being shown to steal information
>Probably working for the PRC
lmao, the absolute state of Britbongistan. You want to be communist so bad you're basically giving away defense secrets to the Chinese.

I'm okay with this

You're a faggot

Yikes!

>wake up MI5 and tell them we have an imminent threat
based

Its typical boomer mentality desu
>fuck the future of our nation, we need to cut costs so I can have another vacation house

>Aren't there any American or European companies which could do whatever Huawei is supposed to do?
Probably not when you look at who actually populates the USA and the major industrialized countries in Europe. Would you ask Nigeria, Mexico, Pakistan, Turkey, or Algeria to kit out your country's telecommunications grid?

May should get sacked because she’s a terrible PM and can’t even get brexit done. She also is allowing a literal communist in Jeremy Corbin to look good.

>can’t even get brexit done
I really doubt anyone else would handle it better. There's a reason she keeps winning her votes of no confidence: no one else wants her job.

> some fat manish bitch
not at all fuckable

I thought everything was already compromised due to chinese chips and other components in everything?

I see you started a new thread because you lost the Tempest debate.

The British government is considering allowing telecom companies to use Huawei 'non-core' 5G infrastructure. This means systems that are non-critical to the network's backbone.

Both GCHQ and National Cyber Security Centre are closely review and monitor Huawei hardware. To date, Huawei is the only company that has opened up its source code for British intelligence to inspect.

The general consensus is that any risk from Huawei can be managed with the right level of safeguards.

>How will this affect British defense projects, procurement and strategy? IIRC Williamson was the dude behind Tempest, Global Britain and probably other things as well.
He really isn't. He isn't the MoD and the MoD isn't him.
Penny is a Naval reservist and the MP for Portsmouth (the biggest Royal Naval base). She is a sensible choice.

The government is not selecting the technology venders. It is the telecom providers who do that for their own 5G networks.

But lets not get facts in the way.