Are Army Rangers really special forces?

I dont see how with such a short training time you could be considered SOF.

Attached: 20190502_115206.jpg (697x795, 388K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions
opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/who-burned-atlanta/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimental_Reconnaissance_Company
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

they are Special Operations, there is a difference

It's under USASOC, so that's a literal yes.

They aren't part of SOCOM, so, no

No they’re trash

By technical definition.
What in thier training makes them special though?

That's what they want you to think, but no. They aren't anything special. The average Marine grunt is trained to the same level as rangers

Rangers sorta got fucked. They're shoehorned into a bunch of roles they were never meant to fill, and it always seems like they never get to do what they actually should. It's a gateway to other SF stuff, and sort of a buffer between smaller SF units and line infantry.

>tfw 1st Special Forces Command (Airborne)
yes.

>there's a difference.
If you want to be autistic about it, and even then not really

show me your scrolls

What fag

Trying to discussion

Sure thing rabbi

Attached: 7697_1024x1024.png (1024x801, 1.18M)

We have to go back.

Attached: 1555048850083.jpg (474x474, 44K)

You’re 100% jewish

no, but they're commies.

Attached: 1533005758891.jpg (1511x1449, 607K)

That guy could fuck your girl and she'd love it

maybe so but he was a Ranger, West Point cadet, a commie and a defender of islam.
and no one said a thing until the graduation day when he went full-on communist.

Attached: 1527851203925.png (836x614, 225K)

She would love to bounce her butt on his cock and forget all about you

stay mad commie. stay mad.
ps: I'm pretty sure the dude's gay... which means you have a shot with him.

Attached: 1536775370647.jpg (559x561, 38K)

die commie

It'd be like she never even met you. How's that make you feel? That she'd act like you never existed just so she could get fucked by him?

>Commies have rangers
>Nazis have overweight basedboys dressed in frog shirts

not a nazi, but i repeat: die commie

Attached: 1550803019356.jpg (1131x1600, 1.53M)

>Slap slap slap
That's the sound of your girl's butt bouncing on his cock.

Can you insufferable faggots stop derailing every thread you post in with your petty bullshit?

Your projecting awfully hard. Did you catch your girl getting shish kebabed by Jamal? Or are you still mad you got caught Spenser?

Die you commie filth

>Using Reddit buzzwords

Your the one taking about how much you'd like to see someone get cucked

>shitty thread turns into shitty shitposting between two shitposters
Who’d have fucking thought?

>The average Marine grunt is trained to the same level as rangers
you still believe that lie the recruiter told you? or is this prime bait to get a (you)
>What in thier training makes them special though?
the fact that they get to train all the time. they don't spend months in garrison cutting grass and marking time untill their next trip to the field. also, fuck ups and shit heads, if they make it into regiment, don't get to stay around. dumb things you see people do in regular Inf units (DUI, pissing hot, getting arrested for fighting in a club etc) result in you getting kicked out of the Regiment. You can't just kick a fuck up out of a regular Inf unit with one signature from the BN commander.

>he was a Ranger
was, he got kicked out of the Rangers for an unsafe act on a live fire range

No, he went to Ranger School, not RASP.

One more post from either of you and I'm knocking BOTH of you the FUCK out.

Dude lost his whole commission

before he went to West Point, he was enlisted and was in one of the Ranger BNs. Got kicked out to a regular Inf unit, then went on the West Point

>larping retard turns out to be too much of a sperg to actually serve in the forces
And why am I not surprised?

Mfw nobody else knows what a ranger scroll is.

because half this board wouldn't know the diff between a scrolled and tabbed Ranger

>kicked out of Regiment
>still got a seat at West Point
>known commie
>even alumni at WP wrote a long letter about this
>graduated

MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE

SWEET LAND OF LIBERTY

He was a ranger before he went to west point. The commie did a tour in the ME then was appointed to a commissioning program where he met the professor who turned him into a pinko. The army then gave him an appointment to west point and commie decided to keep his political views quiet until he graduated in order to make a statement. Gotta give the guy credit for going through 4 years of near ivy league studies just to show off a Che shirt

Thing is he wasn't a known commie. He didn't come out as one until his graduation, the army had no idea or at the very least CLAIMED they didn't know

Actually, you can kick a fuck up out of a regular infantry unit with a signature from the BC. But you can only do that for so many times, or your unit ends up being undermanned. My BC came from ranger regiment, thought he could enforce their standards, and now we've got three quarters of the people we should have, and things have made a complete 180. Drugs and stabbings and shit, just a one rank demotion and some extra duty. BC turned into the biggest hypocrite about these things desu.

>Gotta give the guy credit for going through 4 years of near ivy league studies just to show off a Che shirt
well, he almost pulled off the "Long March" but gave himself away
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_long_march_through_the_institutions

and where were you sending them to? there is nothing lower than a regular Inf unit. I was Inf on Ft Stupid and we got all the fuck ups and med drops from 2nd BN over on Hunter. The guys that came from there left on what amounts to an admin move, to kick someone out of a reg Inf unit would take a full on chapter, and that can take damn near forever, provided you can even justify it and get it approved, unless it's something "easy" like Joe melting a bottle twice.

Army special forces are considered to be the green berets, but honest given the choices id rather be in a SOF unit that does door kicking over an SF unit that is wasting time trying to train the Afgahn Army
>inb4 cope

Attached: 1535198627184.jpg (1599x1151, 809K)

You are a supporter of the communist chinese.

>I dont see how with such a short training time you could be considered SOF.
There are different types of SOF. Rangers fall into the "Elite Light Infantry" category. They are specifically intended to a rapid-deployment force, and they have a much more intense training tempo in order to reflect this.

The average Marine grunt knows how to patrol in formation and operate an m16, m203 and 240, dig a fighting hole, fill a sandbag, apply a TQ, pack for and hike out into the field for 5 days. That's really basically it.

Every single person who pissed hot, got a DUI, or got arrested in my unit got kicked out of the Army or sent to Leavenworth. Don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

no they're not.

Former Ranger Fag now turned fat POS nasty girl. So, technically we are part of SOCOM but we are definitely not hold to same standards from them but we are held to different standards than active duty. Just to clarify...ranger QUALIFIED are not the same as RANGER BATALLION . So ranger QUALIFIED soldiers are not part of SOCOM unlike Ranger BATALLION scroll bros. How is it different? You gotta want to be there and the leadership will stand by you but also get rid of you even if you pass the standards and we also held to a different standard as people (No DUIs, take college classes, no crazy barracks parties) you breathe live and eat ranger and it's kinda hard to stay in relationships because of the schoolhouses rotations and also deployments, but we can still enjoy some level of our personal lives and we can choose to quit and resign anytime we want without repercussions, unlike SF guys who get a shit storm for leaving. Basically after serving on the 82nd and the NG afterwards I have to say that we know and train on everything the average infantry does, we just do it better? I guess...the best way I can explain it is that while the regular light infantry unit goes on a ruck March for 12 miles with 50Lbs , well do it 20 with 90lbs and jogging a bit, that's pretty much it...the easy part is getting , staying motivated and healthy is the hardest part.

soon to be college grad here? Should I go through OCS or enlist as an E4 if I want to be a Ranger?

Attached: 1502504991584.jpg (1204x680, 114K)

Fuck that, tab check.

They’re also some of the few guys that are still getting legit deployments

No one goes to the brig for any of those things. Your anecdote is bullshit.

if i did prior lsd use and weed before enlisting should i lie about it on the sf86, thinking about going option 40.

How deep do those investigators look into my past with a secret clearance vs a TS.

Dude got high on meth, raped a chick in the ass, and then went home and turbo aborted his unborn child by slugging his wife in the gut. They gave him 128 years.

and that's the same as a DUI or pissing hot how?

Fuck yeah, you lie your ass off but obviously keep your piss clean for almost a year.

He actually got treated better because the leadership in the unit didn’t want to fuck anything up with his conviction. Basically when NCOs are smoking the shit out of you you’re alright because shit is being handled at the lowest level. Once they start treating you with cold professionalism you know you’re fucked because shit is being handled way above their level.

never admit to drug use. unless you got busted or you think they have a list of dealers in your area they can call to ask if they ever sold to you. as far as the LSD goes, hope you don't have a flashback burning off all that fat it's stored in. Guy in my platoon had a "mild" flashback during PT one morning. He kept cool and nobody noticed, told us about it later, said we were doing arm circles and everything froze, then the world smeared into a swirl and then he came out of it still doing arm circles and everyone was seated doing the next stretch.

For real. The UW missions is completely gay. SF should be doing what Seals do minus the puddle splashing.

>communist manifesto
>William T. Sherman shirt
Why?

>got a DUI
you get a DUI off post all they can do to you is take away your on post driving privileges and if you have a clearance, take that away. You get a DUI on post, that's a field grade Art 15 min. Reduction to E-1

>the average Marine knows how to do infantry shit
Wow

Rangers are gun fighters. Plain and simple. Regiment puts more rounds down range than anyone outside of the color groups. Rangers are more proficient in killing and tactics and more competent in the field than NSW and usually Group as well. The pipeline from OSUT to RASP to airborne to ranger school is a minimum of 33 weeks. Then at battalion, the real training happens. As a line team leader, Rangers are already trained in helo interdiction, master breacher, and are looking at jump master. Regiment kills more people in direct fire action than most infantry divisions. During raids they are allotted 4-5 levels of air cover and CAS. Clearence levels behind the brown fence are a minimum of Secret, and the HHC sections(SNOT, mortars, etc.) are the support CAG brings 90% of the time. While attached Rangers have relaxed grooming standards, and even Joe knows how to encrypt comms to a degree. Regiment has tier 1 funding, falls under USASOC, and is more physically fit than most other "operators". Compare to whatever SOF unit you want, Rangers cuck all but spooks and color groups.

Attached: 1093224093_preview_CAQD5Vd.jpg (1502x998, 295K)

Why when all you do is perform security for the real SOF?

Rangers are what happens when you properly train and fund an infantry regiment.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

Rangers are definitely very underrated. Prob for the better

How does it feel to know that scout platoons from normal infantry HHC’s accomplish more things for the war effort and accomplish things that are actually useful unlike rangers performing raids on 14 year old drug dealers?

"Uncle Billy" is an ANTIFA/Leftist icon for killing white Americans.

Why?

Didn't he also used his scorched earth tactics to force natives into reservations?

How does it feel to have been RFS'd? Tab check faggot.

>or you think they have a list of dealers in your area they can call to ask if they ever sold to you
Just how fucking stupid are you

Sherman burned down lots of southern cities and towns... most notably Atlanta.

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/who-burned-atlanta/

*sips tea*
Yep, now that’s real coin tactics right there.

Oh shit internet's big boy's here. Don't talk back guys, or he could pause his YT doomer music playlist and ransack his room and make his dad angry.

Why do commies like you enjoy cuckolding so much?

It's just standard infantry training with everything pumped up to 11.

Actually sweetie that's the alt right

CIA should be doing what SF currently does. It's beyond retarded to have US SF running around in foreign countries in plain sight to be picked off.
>inb4 muh beards and local garb
Locals can always tell you're not one of them.

enlist

real talk, should I try out for Marine or Army OCS, and then Marine recon vs Army ranger as an Officer?
Whats the difference?

Attached: marine DI.jpg (480x360, 19K)

but he would've hated antifa

Attached: 1556423281833.jpg (1024x768, 263K)

>Rangers are gun fighters. Plain and simple. Regiment puts more rounds down range than anyone outside of the color groups. Rangers are more proficient in killing and tactics and more competent in the field than NSW and usually Group as well.
>and is more physically fit than most other "operators". Compare to whatever SOF unit you want, Rangers cuck all but spooks and color groups.

I did 11 years inna Group and I second this post. Rangers are the epitome of what infantry is meant to be.

Yeah.

Attached: 32425123432525.jpg (736x635, 73K)

you wont make either of those

The only real COIN strategy is garrisoning infantry and burning towns that don’t get with program anyways. Foreign internal defense, I.e. “let’s play red dawn” is only good for destabilizing and setting up puppet states. That’s it.

this

Why are they heavily underused then? They only seem to be used to cordon areas for special forces to canoe opium farmers in the skull.

>The UW missions is completely gay.
UW is actually pretty fucking awesome when it's real UW.

>real talk
If you have to ask Jow Forums you should probably do neither of those.

Attached: cac633ead1ac1776269e856ff75a379d--green-beret-military-photos.jpg (736x552, 107K)

Uncle billy HATED niggers, He refused to let them serve in his units!

Attached: General Sherman.jpg (800x1212, 263K)

The Rangers are big and since 2001 have proven to be one of JSOC's most effective units. They train on the job, which is a benefit to the unit. New guys usually operate in support roles within a platoon and/or paired with more experienced guys. If you're a combat NCO in the Regiment it means you've amassed some respect and plenty of experience. Beyond that the Rangers have specialized outfits within the Regiment. You have guys with some of the same schooling and capabilities as people you find on special mission units. The Rangers' recon community is among the best in JSOC. The Regiment runs more kinetic operations and hits more targets than any other unit under JSOC's umbrella. They also enable smaller special mission units to carry out operations that require more force than they can bring to bear.

TL;DR
Yes they are special operations and beyond that one of the most effective SOF units in the United States' arsenal.

They arent.
You just dont know as much as you think you do.

>Why are they heavily underused then?
Rangers have been on constant deployment since 2001, and the RRC as well

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimental_Reconnaissance_Company

Makes me wonder how a dedicated CAB or just armored battalion would look if it had the same operational capability, funding, and level of training the Rangers get.

I'm not a General officer so I can't answer that question properly. It probably has a lot do with money and politics. That and we're just murdering religious zealots. In a real peer force conflict Regiment would definitely have a different mission set than what they're currently getting.

Attached: knowing-is-half-the-battle-and-the-other-halfis-violence-14321109.png (326x498, 224K)

are rangers really expensive to train or something?

They're not, they have a higher mission tempo than pretty much anyone in the game. They do a hell of a lot more than cordon areas. They massacre areas. They can and have pulled off plenty of scalpel tier stuff as well. If Rangers are hitting you and your friends, you're not stopping them and you better get real tight with God.