/brg/ - Battle Rifle General #22 - Dubs edition

AR10 soul check: low level readings spotted in the KAC and LMT regions.
SCAR 17: would wood If I could.
C308: I swear to God if you ask again I'm going to put you through a wall. NO!
BREN 2 never ever.
Take her to bed: M1A stock options.
Lesser known BRs, we hardly knew ye.
Waifufagging.
Trip booling.
And more inside!

Previous

Attached: 1556743297616m.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

In for FAL

Attached: 20190428_172628.jpg (1795x1960, 1.59M)

Who ships FAL metric mag kits to CO? Sick of this faggy mag law.

How much you willing to pay?

A reasonable amount. Preferably not fucking thermolds.

But the Moses mags are great. Only have one though. Need more.
I'll have to check how many surplus mags I have tomorrow

But cold hard metal gets me hard lol Haven't used Moses mags, have one surplus and a bunch of thermolds. The thermolds don't insert well and don't hold upon on last shot.

Afternoon /brg/

Attached: 20190502_135732.jpg (4032x2268, 2.94M)

If you live near Colorado Springs I have seen some fal mag kits at springs armory.

Oh I thought you meant Moses mags, they're great so far but you're limited to only a couple thou over 2.81 inches if you handload. The surplus mags have more room.
Yeah never used a thermold mag.

>springs armory.
Sheeeit I didn't even know that place existed. I'm about an hour north of the springs. Thanks, user.

Thermold can tongue punch my shit cutter.

>The IO of FALs
Get out

Thots?

Attached: home-product-img-rfbs.png (715x489, 35K)

1300 dollar MSRP fuck that, get one of the retro AR10’s from Brownells

Needs a second generation with PMAG compatibility and an MLOK handguard

It's like a grand flat at my lgs

Say it wasn’t as expensive. What’s the rundown on this rifle? Cheap material? inaccurate? Sucky?

Purchased the L1A1 (Brit kit on Coonan receiver), gets here Saturday. Brownells BRN-10B is the best purchase I’ve ever made, could not recommend any higher, will most likely be getting the A model once the wallet recovers from the L1A1 purchase

Attached: 4D663147-3601-4702-BB7D-9ED11FB4D58C.jpg (2048x2048, 697K)

Honestly dude idk, I’ve never owned one, but I have owned Kel Tecs. The material alwaya feels pretty shitty from them. I’ll buy their guns used for around 300-400 bucks to plink with, but I just couldn’t bring my self to pay that much for a 7.62 when there are so many better options out there at that price point

If I think I’m too retarded to build an FAL on my own, where should I buy one?

Very good point. I wonder if any militaries or Leo is this thing

How did I do?

Attached: 371FE7C3-4D5D-4871-9C1A-C682E1341F2E.jpg (1125x1466, 424K)

The novelty of bullpub is pretty cool. It's also more accurate than a g3 or fal so I'd say it has merit.

you paid a couple hundred under MSRP for a current production 91 with a paddle mag release and optic rail for an old one with neither of those features

>It's also more accurate than a g3 or fal

It is. The fal is minute of torso and the century g3 is minute of engine block. An rgb can do 1.5 moa.

No fren
DSA
Welcome fren just needs wood

God I hope DSA does this soon

Attached: 96FFE391-444D-45FC-8C36-9A47144C0EC5.jpg (750x863, 254K)

I have an M1 Garand with a 6 digit serial number, does that count?

Yes. Infantry guns from the '50s are not as accurate as the fuddlore your grampa fed you has led you to believe.

Garands are allowed

>poly mag, not steel
>bipod cut HG
>bolt on dust cover
>ears on rear sight
2/10 would not bang

Didn’t want the rail because aesthetics and I’m a retard

I've got a box of surplus mags. The Moses mag is easier on brass.
I'm getting wood furniture
Its the most skookum rail for the FAL, cry more.
To make you feel even worse I put that rear on in place of the Holland sight you like so much. It looks better but shoots worse and doesn't have dual apertures

>To make you feel even worse I put that rear on in place of the Holland sight

Attached: 1531207259413.png (720x539, 492K)

I bought a sling and two magazines for my M1A. Today was a good day.

Attached: 1556499628208.png (960x800, 184K)

What should I buy next?
Got $2.5k to burn.

Attached: IMG_20190427_171333~01.jpg (2757x3164, 1.02M)

AG-42B

25 glock 40 problem solvers

Get an ace

Attached: 3B2F37C1-1760-46D3-80EE-3E10B57E80AE.jpg (891x509, 58K)

buy me a fal pls

Attached: 33.png (575x572, 743K)

MDR

Superior battle rifle coming through

Attached: 06E91604-4B1E-4A05-A024-9581905E665C.jpg (2816x2123, 1.16M)

Why is it so fucking heavy?

Nice bm 59. berreta or rebuild kit?

Why are you such a weak soiboi?
Thanks. JRA rebuild with beretta parts.

the ace is a perfect rifle for a woman because it's a GINO
a Galil In Name Only
(fuck the ace)

Attached: wm_1670635.jpg (3072x2304, 745K)

Does an AR15 in .50 Beowulf qualify?

How much does that weigh loaded?

More than you can lift soiboi

>century g3 is minute of engine block
I'll have you know my PTR-91 is at least minute of tranny
>tranny janny, that is
They're fat as fuck

Did the user that was building a Galil SAR kit with green mountain barrel and .308 receiver into a Galil 7.62x51 get everything figured out? I'd like to use his build experience as a guide.

PSA MP5 and a 10mm Vector

Are the desert tech mdrs on a gen2 that don't suck or all they all still dumpster fires?

>Goes with the Spuhr stalk because without a straight comb stock he can't handle the muzzle climb
LOL, yes I'm sure it is. Nice Vortex, by the way. Money well spent, that whole rifle.

Attached: 104368734525321.jpg (584x438, 48K)

I'd lean toward "no".
As potent as it is for something that can fit in an AR-15 magwell, a .50 caliber cartridge that had a similar relationship to an AR-10 magwell would be more powerful still*, and I feel that an unstated characteristic of battle rifles is the conceivability of long-range effectiveness; I can imagine a Cold War general stupidly thinking that a FAL or M14 might be used in combat out to ranges of 800 yards or more, but he'd have to be high as a kite to have the same deranged imagining about a .50 Beo AR.

---
*and now I want a .50 cal round that single-feeds from SR25 mags, like .500 Gilgamesh or .500 Achilles or something

Also
>Polymer Navy lower because it's lighter

I apologize for stroking out posting that.

I bet at least 15 lbs

hello

Attached: riful.jpg (4032x3024, 3.11M)

They released a new gas regulator that allegedly fixes it (according to infamous DT shills InRangeTV, anyway)

I mean, mine's around 13 with a 20 round mag so I can believe that. I'm debating a binary trigger and a X-Products and just classing it the SAW of my collection.
>hur durr u r poorfag for not having a $30k trigger pack

Attached: 14563529865798764.jpg (3264x2448, 1.44M)

To late.....

Attached: IMG_20190427_160344~01.jpg (3321x2881, 1.15M)

DSA RPD with the 16" barrel further cut down and modified to be a Rhodie/MACVSOG style SAW.

Approximately 16-17 lbs

forgot pic

Attached: 1974357984325.jpg (324x386, 30K)

That's not too bad, does it balance weird with the navy lower and the spuhr stock? Then again, I imagine that front heavy distribution might help mitigate muzzle climb.

I thought rpds had a lot of problems.

The Egyptian kit builds were awful, the Polish kits came out better. Still, it's an open bolt design modified to fire closed bolt and those builds usually have more issues. You can get the gun for around $2k and use the extra cash to make it run really well, plus SBR tax and the donkey dick up front. Throw a collapsing wire stock on there and a bipod that mounts towards the drum and folds forward and you've got a pretty neat build there.

I can't comment on the lower because this is the only ptr I have shot, and i plan on changing it anyway. As for the stock it actually balances in my opinion much better due to the fact that it brings it closer to your shoulder due to being about 3 inches shorter than the old stock and it's a little heavier than the old stock.

Attached: 20190428_204454.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

Well you have good taste. 10mm carbine since you're already invested. I'd like to get one for that reason. Plus cheap as fuck.
Could get one of the Brownells AR10s.
I'd probably get a Scout for the memes and duur hunting. Or an M4 for the memes

Damn website

Attached: 16605197.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

>to being about 3 inches shorter than the old stock and it's a little heavier than the old stock
Cool, good to know. I personally like my tradition stock but I'm sure if I was wearing a lot of battle rattle that LOP reduction would be handy. Interesting that it's heavier, does it have a metal stock extension or something? It looks like it should weigh less. Also, the metal SEF lower is nice but it's going to slap another pound on your rifle.

A stainless steel Ruger Mini-14 with the A-Team collapsing stock

thicc af

Attached: vomits in RFN.jpg (361x352, 12K)

I have some really dumb questions about building an FAL:
Do I need to source my own parts? All of them?
Where the hell do I get them?
Will someone like ARS refuse to work with certain parts like a Hesse receiver?
Is this still the most cost-effective (not cheap) way to get a good FAL?
I see parts kits but these are usually missing a receiver and a barrel. I'm guessing this has to do with the barrel ban?

Metal wide handguard.... very nice.

Does anyone still sell the Namibian handguards?

Unless you're looking for a specific variant, I'd recommend going for DSA if you don't have any experience with FALs. They're your safest bet (only option out there with a warranty) and are much better rifles than FALfiles makes them out to be. They're a bit on the expensive end if you compare it to a parts kit, but you're avoiding the whole hassle of sourcing parts and a good builder while getting a new-production gun (unless you get one of their Israeli builds).

Attached: FAL with 30 rounder.jpg (720x960, 49K)

Not to mention the cost of tools if you want to build one yourself.

I'm definitely still considering that but I specifically want to know what the "hassle" of sourcing parts and working with a builder entails. I've never done it before.

Glock 19, PSA AR.

>a .50 caliber cartridge that had a similar relationship to an AR-10 magwell
Why the fuck doesn't that exist?

I know, right?
Now that I've thought of it, it feels like a glaring hole in the market, especially now that the Magpul D50 exists.

Okay my gun store just got two authentic FN manufactured FALs, imported sometime in the 70s.

They're being sold for around $4,700 each.

Should I pull the trigger, get one, and regret my decision for the next couple months?

The stock itself is actually mounted on an ar style buffer tube, that along with metal and various other places in the stock and the plastic being very heavy duty it is definitely a bit heavier. As for the lower I know it will add weight but I hate the look and the feel of the current lower I plan on getting pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20190501-180129_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 885K)

Hopefully someone will make one now that .308 AR's are getting more popular. Even a .45 caliber would be cool, a non-rimmed cartridge, like an improved .45-70 that could feed in an autoloader. There HAS to be a market for that.
>especially now that the Magpul D50 exists.
I've been drunkenly emailing them about that for so long now but I had just spend a lot of money on useless shit a few days before they were released.

Attached: magpulemail2.png (1535x934, 77K)

Sounds like you've got a pretty good track record; start hassling Alexander Arms about .500 Achilles
I bet pig hunters would be all over that shit

Well it's not a deal but it's not going to get cheaper. I'd like one too

meh, its not 3500 for extruded aluminum and plastic with a barrel not long enough

Attached: 1545012044272.jpg (540x706, 73K)

What would you use for a parent case? Turn a 50 bmg into a straightwall?

Im in progress, should wrap up before early/mid june of all goes well. I got it headspaced and waiting to turn down. Ill do a full write up after I finish with complete barrel blueprints then post it on the akfiles. I'm getting my gas block, trigger guard and I traded a rear retainer for a 308 one, should all arrive tomorrow.

.577 T. rex looks about right

Attached: trex4.jpg (585x359, 64K)

Theirs a company called Phoenix armory that makes an ar in 45-70 that's modified to be rimless. Also big horn armory makes an ar in 500 automax, a rimless 500 s&w.

>500 automax, a rimless 500 s&w.
not taking full advantage of the AR-10 magwell
basically a PCC

Attached: DSC00241.jpg (1600x1200, 148K)

Have glock and to many ars already.....

Was hoping for battle rifles

50bmg is nice because it's at least sold at Walmart.
Try and find a Galil 308 desu. Only 1 other user has one.
Or you could save up and be the first w a SCAR 20

The finished cartridge is going to need a rebated rim with a diameter of 14mm or so at most to use a bolt that'll be reasonably meaty but still fit in an AR10 upper.
.50 BMG is way too big in every dimension and uses weird primers; a .55-.60 caliber sporting cartridge like .585 Nyeti or .577 Tyrannosaur would be a much better starting point, even if it isn't sold at whatever Wal-Marts you go to.

Just bought a CETME C kit from Apex since they had the sale. I’ve never built anything before. How fucked am I? I’m a semi handy guy and wanted my first BR