Okay Jow Forums, I need to gift an aesthetic but functional knife to a person. Budget is around 100 bucks

Okay Jow Forums, I need to gift an aesthetic but functional knife to a person. Budget is around 100 bucks

What would you recommend? It would be for splintering logs when making a fire among other general things

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1275, 2.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

topsknives.com/knives/hunting/blue-otter
eseeknives.com/product/libertariat-machete
amazon.com/dp/B003C1HEBC
amazon.com/Ontario-Knife-Company-8668-Sheath/dp/B075NSLD1X
amazon.com/dp/B075NNXX83/
amazon.com/dp/B075S5KMYB/
buckknives.com/product/vanguard-knife/0192FAM01/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mora classic

>aesthetic
>functional
>$100
Chose two, and only two. Welcome to the world of knives where hte price of everything has been hiked super fucking high.

OP I would genuinly consider looking at antique shops for knives. You can find some oddball and old school shit that still holds a decent edge.

if you're talking about batoning, a knife is really not the best tool. buy the homie a nice hatchet instead.

otherwise, aesthetic is in the eye of the beholder, but based on op pic I'd take a trawl through the knives on the Ragweed Forge website (RIP Ragnar, I didn't know) and see what caught my eye. Helle Scout? Ahti Kaira? Roselli Hunter?

Branching out a little bit aesthetically, you could also go for a Kabar or maybe a Buck 119/120.

lol wut. where do you live and what are you looking at/for?

Attached: United Cutlery M48 Hawk.jpg (545x359, 15K)

Glock field knife.

>thread

make one yourself

Cant wait til this meme dies

An "aesthetic" knife like the one he's posting in the OP will cost past $250 and possibly far, far more if it's made of a decent steel and is of good build quality. Forge welding, burlwood, etc hike up the price a lot. Unless the steel is mysterious paki junk you're not going to find forgewelded damascus with what looks to be zebrawood, brass, and black g10 or perhaps even horn for anything less than $300 on the modern market. Hell, if it's made by some more fancy makers that's going to run well past $600 if not near $1000.

The aesthetics OP is asking for cannot be done for less than $200.

Get a puukko from ahti, isaaki jarvenpaa, or martinni. Leuku maybe also. You won't get anything as artisan as your Pic but still good stuff.
Not really desu.

>knife
>splintering logs
Get them an axe instead of a gimmick ass knife they're going to break the first time they baton it.
Also get

Commission a piece from a local amateur knife maker, many will work for parts cost only and will spend much more time in the overall finish than some Chinese 440c PoS that has a nice logo.

Fair enough, I guess I assumed that OP wasn't saying "I want literally pic related for $100" but I see where you're coming from. But would forgewelded damascus with fancy handle materials ever have been cheaper (adjusted for inflation)? If not, surely it's that OP just doesn't know what prices have always been like, not that they've been hiked recently. W/r/t my own very limited corner of knife shopping, I've been really impressed with the steels, build quality, and range of designs that you can get for your money.

>It would be for splintering logs
Pretty good bait for getting the batoning and anti batoning retards arguing

Serious response OP:

Hunting Style:
topsknives.com/knives/hunting/blue-otter --> $85

Machette Style:
eseeknives.com/product/libertariat-machete --> $92

Bushcraft Style:
amazon.com/dp/B003C1HEBC --> $69
amazon.com/Ontario-Knife-Company-8668-Sheath/dp/B075NSLD1X -> $69
amazon.com/dp/B075NNXX83/ --> $61
amazon.com/dp/B075S5KMYB/ --> $61

A lot of these are going to be Ontario Knife Company. They should still look decent, and perform well for your budget.

Warning. My experience with Ontario Knives machetes is that they're extremely, extremely soft with the edge retention of a sharp cheddar.

This is a good call. Something extra cool about getting something handmade, specifically for you.

>gifting a knife

Attached: serveimage.jpg (567x742, 46K)

Reminds me of how my father and mother said never to gift someone a knife, always ask for a penny. And to never return someone a folding blade closed if they hand you it open, and never open if they hand you it closed. Bad juju.

Why these things are so I have no clue.

Gifting a knife is said to symbolically sever a relationship, so you must demand token payment.
That shit about the folding knives sounds completely made up and silly tho.

Nah, a few places online mention it so they didn't make it up. It's just one of those less popular superstitions

I have had a buck 119 for 6 years and it’s never let me down for hunting purposes/stripping bark. Not a bad looking knife either.

Neato but that's not the aesthetic op posted. What OP is asking for is extremely expensive.

Looks like a POS mall ninja chopper. I hunt trees with a HI kukri.

My girlfriend gave me a full set of Wusthof kitchen knives for our first anniversary, should I be concerned? Maybe if I salt her I’ll be uncursed.

I hear ya I didn’t see anywhere in the OP that the guy wanted that specific knife.
Anyways, function > form as long as form is pretty good. The knife will become beautiful before your eyes when you realize how much stronger you become as an outdoorsman when you carry it, lame as that may sound. My knife has replaced much of my other gear.

She may be a witch trying to hex you.
Does she knit? Has she tried making you a sweater?

Ah shit. How to kill a witch?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.77M)

Op, start scouring on ebay for a Damascus knife. make sure to get something with at least over 400 folds.

The folds don't matter at all. It's only personal aesthetic taste that determines how many folds are good.

buckknives.com/product/vanguard-knife/0192FAM01/