I'm 18 years old and own no firearms, but am not a total beginner. I plan to purchase a Ruger 10/22...

I'm 18 years old and own no firearms, but am not a total beginner. I plan to purchase a Ruger 10/22. Any other suggestions, Jow Forums?
Pic unrelated

Attached: orw.jpg (437x600, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_LxR4SGDKX8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w
palmettostatearmory.com/ak-47/psak-47.html
youtube.com/watch?v=R16h-owdkco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AR15

fal

Buy some ammo, too.

Nutnfancy just made a pretty good video. It’s long, his videos always are, but it’s worth the watch

youtu.be/_LxR4SGDKX8

I am currently in NY, but plan to move to New Hampshire soon. Gonna have to wait on the ARs and FALs. Thanks for the suggestions though

of course
thanks, sometimes it's hard for me to tell which reviewers are paid shills

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

Thanks for the info. Am currently too young to legally purchase a handgun but will keep these in mind

buy a SCAR. thats what Navy SEALs used

that's a wee bit too expensive with a caliber that isn't very common in my experience, and I'm not trying to LARP as a SEAL, but thank you

Palmetto State Armory PS AK-47 GF3. $569.99, shoots the hard hitting 7.62x39 pretty damn accurately.

palmettostatearmory.com/ak-47/psak-47.html

Rob Ski tested and approved. Great rifle.

thanks

>5.56/7.62
>not very common

dont ask people for what to get for your first gun
your first gun should be whatever you want

Attached: 1550957151886.jpg (750x732, 70K)

youtube.com/watch?v=R16h-owdkco

What sort of terrain do you live in? Intended use of firearms?

7.62x51?

>Rob Ski tested and approved

I'd wait until the final 5,000 round video comes out before saying this with complete confidence, but it's pretty likely it'll do just fine. I hope so, considering I just got one recently...

rural, plinking and home defense

to clarify--rural, deciduous forest, hills

Definitely an AR15 as a first purchase after the Ruger. Flat shooting, light recoil, effective, moderate ammo cost. After that maybe a heavier calibre boltgun or semi-automatic depending on your budget and how rural you are. PCC and handgun can wait. Shotgun is a nice-to-have but see what you will practically use it for.

thank you for the advice. Do you think one of the Remington bolt rifles or is milsurp worth it for entertainment

I like considering the advice of those who have more experience

Milsurp is fine for personal interest and fun. If you're interested in developing long range shooting (and it sounds like you have the possibility in terms of location) get a modern gun.

build an ar15 before you cant soiboy

Attached: 1073274571.jpg (1000x541, 139K)

thank you for your contribution, you singlehandedly made me sympathize with a white nationalist child killer. Your persuasion skills are immeasurable

alright good to know

Like many others have said, an AR-15 or AK would be good once you're in a free state. If that's not going to happen for a while, then a bolt action or a shotgun could be next on your list. You could always the surp route too, but if you're looking for accuracy/performance, modern firearms will serve you better for cheaper. Regardless, there's a gun for everyone these days (one of the best things about guns is the variety), just go for what you like and have fun with it.

9mm 10/22

Attached: AD8D5DDF-27B8-489F-B55C-94F21694B7B1 (1).jpg (1500x643, 118K)

best experience is the shit you get yourself

Totally missed that you're in a no AR state. You might want to get the shotgun for HD and then AR once able. Check local laws and assess how much you want HD capabilities before moving.

10/22, AR15, Mossberg 500, Glock 19, tikka T3.

There’s some pretty cheap stuff these days:
>Savage Axis or Remington 783 runs about $350.
>Maverick 88 is $200-$250.

Become a white nationalist sooner rather then later. Its gonna happen now that your a gun owner.

Attached: 1487657631132.jpg (600x337, 97K)

Also, get a PSA ar while the gettings good, and some form of 12 gauge scattergat.

Attached: eea33492886574e59f0f7c7d464250c4694450e1e4bfe14eed2c434a3a921acd.png (1497x2126, 1.51M)

>Any other suggestions
spend your money on booze and poon tang..
chicks dig money not guns! Unless you like men, except gay doods dont like guns either

Attached: _beavis_0.jpg (180x360, 9K)

Why a 10/22? Please tell me ur not of those who fell for the “start at a .22 meme” your not a child and can learn on any platform really, you don’t see the military starting recruits with .22 rifles get something useful

i didnt agree with with his first choices but im not a gun noob so...
first weapon should be a decent powered rifle, then you go with then go with handguns and plinker toys.

Youre 18 so either wait wait till 21 and buy a handgun- and one that is glock 19 or better

or buy an AR on sale somewhere

dont believe the "start with '22" nerds - the recoil of 223/556 isnt going to traumatize you its fucking just not a concern and the AR is just something youre more likely to use for fun/have actual utility as an adult with

if youre poor and cant buy ammo still dont buy a '22 because 1. its boring and 2. if you cant afford the ammunition then save up

get a 10-22 upgrade the trigger, take marksmanship lessons, shoot the 'f' outa it. Perfect Practice makes Perfect Performance!

European military does

You could build an AR or buy a cucked one and "modify it when you move", or buy an "other" firearm that doesn't have to be cucked in NY

Yes, the Scar 17/H

>european

Get an SKS, a .22 is great, but a real rifle round is going to be much more fun to shoot and more practical, it's also NY approved, if I understand correctly

Where do you go for hookers?

I'm moving anyway for college--I'll just stay in NH, get residency, maybe live off campus for the heck of it. Won't be spending money on a NY "AR"

alright ill look into the cheaper stuff--better decent now than great maybe later

I want a .22 because that's what I was taught on, and the ammo is really cheap

it is NY approved bc the lack of detachable magazines and scary features. I've heard good things about them, but also that they can vary significantly. Norinco>Yugo or vice versa?

didn't mean to imply that detachable magazines were illegal in NY, but rather that its impossible to have a "high capacity" SKS if I get one that's the original model

All of those are temporary, a gun will be with you after you die.

I'm gonna start with a .22 for these reasons
1. Ammo (even though I should save up)
2. My father has had his two for 25 years and they work great so I might as well get one now and keep it for a very long time

ruger also has great .22 pistols, buy several thousand rounds and put them through your guns.

20 y/o New Yorker here (845). get the Yugo. father got me one. really reliable. runs great and is the honda of SKS'

wow same area code lmao. Thanks, I love Hondas lol

10/22 is a good starter gun. Work on your skill sets without breaking the bank. In a rural area your options open a lot for practice. And a 10/22 lasts long time has some utility.

no problem bud lmao. mini-skank valley represent. just make sure to really clean it first too. like thoroughly. after that get yourself some surplus ammunition for it (its super super cheap for surplus, like 100 rounds for 20 bucks.)

Attached: 1494672195123.png (675x675, 152K)

Are SCR's allowed in NY?

SKS, AR7, 870 express, maybe a surplus Mauser if you find one for the right price. If you weren’t in the city I’d say an AR, but I doubt that feasible.
Ultimately you find your own taste in guns so find out what you like first before you go overboard.
Also get ear plugs, eye pro, and electronic ear muffs. Wear the plugs when shooting 22, the plugs and muff when shooting anything more. People may laugh, a few people have at me when I wear plugs while shooting 22, but my hearing is a hell of a lot better than theirs.

Not sure, i'll have to look it up

electronic ear muffs? I have construction ones but theyre just normal ear muffs

theres nothing wrong with starting with a more powerful round, but i will stay that beginning to shoot with a .22lr will help you to not develop a twitch when you shoot. not that you cant be disciplined enough to train out of it on larger calibers, but it can be easier to acclimate to being around gunfire since .22 has very little recoil and little to no concussive force

Unironically don't buy a 10/22 if you plan on buying more guns. Get a more unique .22 rifle. Something that will surprise others, be fun to shoot, and is still functional.
Don't get me wrong, the 10/22 is great, but you'll wish you had something more fun once you buy other guns. Personally, I'm glad that I got a remington fieldmaster 572. It's a fun pump .22. Always interesting to shoot it.
Just my opinion.

homo

Just my opinion man. Everyone and their brother has a 10/22. Makes sense, it's a great rifle for a good price. There's just so many other options in .22lr to consider as well.

Build an AR in firearm format (oal greater than 26 inches, brace, vfg). NY laws are specifically about pistols, shotguns and rifles; it's how Shockwaves are legal there.

You can get a built out ar lower for sub 200$ then stock websites to find a good upper deal at most total price for 3-400$ then you can move on to optics replacing trigger bla bla bla

Attached: 0B9F1E79-4357-434D-B80D-05653520C8F0.gif (388x291, 54K)

They may think of themselves that way but I am in shit shape and even I think those fat fucks couldn’t waddle there way into the Nuremberg trials

get something in 5.56 or 7.62. recoil is easily manageable for beginners, ammo is cheap and you'll probably have more fun with it in the long term.

Theres a huge difference, electronic ones allow in quiet sounds but block sounds over a certain number of decibels, so you can hear things while shooting but you don’t get tinnitus.

10/22 is a perfect place to start.

I understand where youre coming from but I'd rather get something that I know to be effective than take a risk with a "surprise" rifle
alright thanks i'll look into AR builds

ok thank you for clarifying
alright. Looks like i'll be getting 10/22, SKS, and/or an AR that is as uncucked as possible