"Compact" pistols

I already own a bunch of full size combat pistols and subcompact single stacks, is there any reason at all to get a compact/midsized pistol?

If so, what should I be considering in the current year? I was thinking either pic related, CZ P10C, or M&P 2.0 4"

Attached: Image (18).jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

take the 45 ACP pill

No, I have like 5000 rounds of 9mm and 2 silencers. I'm not making that kind of an investment in a second caliber when I could buy more funs instead.

FN 509 midsize is another option.

I really like the M&P 2.0 Compact.

what kind of 45 subguns are available, besides glocks?

A g19. And never look. Back.

HK P30

HK P2000, USPc, P30

Glock 19 or the Glock 45

The p10 is pretty damn good, the released pretty much a gen 2 version of it along with the p10s and F
They fixed the minor issues that came with the original as well as having less aggressive grips an the back and front, changing the ambidextrous mag release to a swapable mag release that’s much smoother action, and the option at one with a optic ready milled slide so that’s pretty neat, the M&P is cool but I’d really only fuck with their shield

glock 19 is the gold standard and the best place to start. From there, compact versions of duty sized guns are fun if you have the money to buy essentially the same gun twice. I like the sig m11a1 and compact CZ75 for the extra weight, the M@P compacts are nice too. Id also recommend mid sized revolvers

Attached: sig sauer M11-A1.jpg (1920x1493, 263K)

expand your calibers faggot

Have an m11 was in my bag lubed for like 2 mo before shooting it again. Took it to range without paying attention and it was jam city. Glock would have ran. I've done it plenty.

I like my p-07 quite a bit

Expand your calibers or pump up those ammo numbers. 5k is a paltry number if all the handguns you own are in 9mm.

Such a neofudd thing to say

I carry the M&P9 fullsize for duty, and really like it compared to the glocks or FN's, but the glock 19 is more than adequate for a compact handgun. I just shoot low and left with the stock trigger compared to the m&p9.

Nah, 10mm

youtu.be/qVwbZ0m2llQ

Learn how to shoot

In the last year Ive owned these compacts
Walther PPQ M2 2.5k rds
G19 Gen 4 7k rds
M&P 2.0 C 3k rds
Glock 45 2500 rds and counting
I liked all the guns a lot, I always sold my current gun when I got a new one.
I loved all the guns Im sure I will double back again. All the guns were extremely reliable and fun to shoot. You will not be disappointed if you go with walther or SW. I rented two cz’s (one was a p10c) and did not care for them. These guns were range guns too big to carry. If I were you I’d consider a 9mm revolver if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

50 cpr? do you even shoot?

Just big enough to fit a full grip, more bullets than you're ever liable to need without an opportunity to reload, good sight radius, enough weight to be extremely shootable(but no more), and plenty of rail real estate makes for a certain "just right" feel that's hard to describe. Realistically you don't "need" one unless you have an interest in CCW, but i'd still recommend getting one to round out your own personal collection.

I've actually been looking into getting a SAAO revolver, something like a dragoon or Colt SAA. But I have to have a semiauto pistol and rifle for work, so I don't have much leeway. Also, the state I'm in makes me retake the course of fire for each pistol manufacturer I want to roll with, and paying $250out the ass for 2-3 pistols is rediculous. Which is why I choose the SW, because I was broke at the time.

I'm thinking about getting a 9mm revolver for a backup, though. Which one would Jow Forums recommend for that? My vest has a pocket for a small frame pistol as a backup.

Is a 19x a good deal for 400? I got a CC piece but need something a bit bigger for urban operations.

Attached: 1515946942828.jpg (1600x1209, 201K)

You really can't go wrong with the G19. It's aftermarket galore and you can upgrade it as you please or leave it stock which is perfectly fine.

If I did it over though from scratch I'd probably buy an FN 509 midsize.

yes that's a good deal.

Both have really aggressive grip texture, my small hands feel much better seated in the P10C, however. You know it's nearly fucking perfect and yet so many shipped with such a variety of issues it really just hurts the soul. CZ has been impeccable up until this point. Even my recoil spring makes a god-awful creaking sound when you rack the slide. The controls are too tight. I gave my CZ to a rock-climbing diesel mechanic just to be sure and even he was perplexed by how hard it is to eject a loaded mag from this thing. My trigger is also fucked up to some degree, it's perfect when it works but sometimes it gets really gritty and other times the "wall" moves up; the creep is literally eliminated so as the second you move the trigger it fires. Pretty janky shit man, even dangerous. I have to send it in and I know CZ is going to take care of it and give me excellent service and cover the shipping and blablabla but it just really sucks. They're not all like that but just be careful man

what is the difference between the m11a1 and the p229 other than lack of a rail?

3.5 inch 1911 is really an all around solid midsize gun.

but it is on the heavy side thats for sure.

Compact pistols are arguably the most important firearm a US citizen can own. It’s a close race between them and AR15s. Compact pistols can be relied on in most situations.
>EDC
>deep concealment for work or other sensitive situations
>decent firepower without drawing any unwanted attention

Attached: 3B858B57-0EAD-4D03-8CC5-1B3DFC2F88EB.jpg (1000x870, 264K)

Get a glock 19. That's it. Done.

Theres really only a few on the market and they’re both ruger’s

Agreed. They are the most useful, practical guns to get good at shooting besides maybe hunting rifles / shotguns.

For me it goes
>1. compact pistols/ar15 (I truly cant decide)
3. Bolt gun/magnum revolver
>4. .22 rifle, target pistol, or revolver
Snub nose wheel guns fall under compact pistols

I love my p938. I'm looking for something bigger now but I trust it to shoot every time I pull the trigger and it's accurate as hell for it's size.

Attached: Resized_20190213_180739.jpg (1440x1080, 645K)

hello this is Roger posting from my asus [model name unknown] featuring sonicmaster speakers/full number pad and BLUEtooth connectivity

so first of all great subject, not enough people discuss whether GLOCKS are reliable on Jow Forums and nor do they make meems about them and nor are there funny names regarding same nor thoughtful discussion of race and ethnicity

as many of u know i am an expert in arms/armor/weapons/guns/pistols/etc, and the GLOCK is one of such and as thus u must know that if neither is than nor must, thus reliability is thiere too, a primary consideration, its crystalclear really

first an history: glock was invented by a german cameramaker whose name was gaston. i was very suspicious that this was french, suggestnig that when u need it most, the gun will file a novelty white flag [this is because THEFRENCH often RETREAT]. turns out gaston is also a german name from the HugeNut era. it means guest whereand "glock" means "bell."

glocks are made of "polymer" which means part metal part plastic (the materials are polyamorous thus the name). u might think that this would affect the pistol magnetism but u would be wrong. that's part of the genius.

the slide uses aggressive modular for tactical precision. this helps with racking. the grip utilizes quantum particulate technology from the chinese 4 goodgrip. the bullet chute is round and accepts different sized bullets for multiple applications including policing and ARMYfighting

these all suggest a goodgun but there are two problems:

1. marines just adopted sig sauer. HOOA RAH they know more about rifles and guns because they are rifleman first

2. gaston glock got attacked with a hammer one time (I guess they really "dropped the hammer on him"). u would think in this situation the founder of a gun company would OH I DON'T KNOW shoot the person. but he didnt . suggesting probably due to reliability problems that only he knew about because he built them--like the FRENCH EXOCET!

Didn't know P07 was a compact pistol

p229 is in .40, though 9mm conversions are possible. The serrations are also bigger on a p228 or m11a1 and IMO much better

>Glock 19 MOS FS
>TLR-4
>Trijicon RMR
There, you now have the perfect pistol that will do any job you ask of it.

Has a slightly shorter barrel length than a glock 19.

Attached: IMG_20190215_171518889.jpg (4344x2444, 1.46M)

I recently wanted a compact to conceal carry. I looked at the G43, S&W M&P shield, XDS compact, and SIG 365. I ended up shooting the XDS compact, G43, and the shield. I would say the XDS was the worse to shoot outta the 3, G43 wasn’t too bad but I ended up leaving the store with a shield.

These guns were all 9mm, btw.

Some reason I can't make a thread on phone but what do you guys think of the Phoenix Arms .22?

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-093444__01.jpg (1080x1291, 340K)

Also gun will be for waifu

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-093428__01.jpg (1080x1345, 309K)

I love my CZ P-07 tactical. The thread barrel doesn't affect my conceal carry.
The only shitty part about CZ is the cost of magazines.
The trigger blows my P30SK out of the water. The decocker is actually half cocked, so you get a nice length of pull.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Glock 17 and 19 are not much different in size. Why would you buy both k?

Get a seecamp bro, it’s smaller and you get .380 not .22

>Phoenix

>those nails
>that skin tone
>Phoenix Arms
lmao pottery

glock 19 as a carry gun is retarded for most people, get a 26, 43x or 43.

What happened to the finger grooves on the grip? I thought those were a good thing

They removed them in the fifth generation. They were pretty divisive, some people hated them, others liked them. In any case there are still plenty of Gen 3's and 4's on the market (I think glock is still making Gen 4's).

I like the idea of the 26 since you can have a really short grip when you need it, but you can use larger magazines and pinky extensions when you don't. But I've had a lot of people tell me that they don't think the G26 offers enough of an advantage in concealability over the 19 to justify the shorter sight radius and grip. Any insights on that?

Shorter sight radius isn't much of an issue for most self defense shooting.
Shorter grip helps with concealability, but less so if you're doing apendix carry

grody

>is there any reason at all to get a compact/midsized pistol?

do not see a reason to. G26 all day, every day.

>shorter sight radius and grip. Any insights on that?

completely irrelevant. it's not a magnum. if you need sights, because of aging eyes or otherwise, get an RMR on there. yes, RMR on a subcompact carry gun is a good idea. in fact it's the best thing you can add to your gun.

Attached: 20190408_225656_optimized.jpg (5664x4248, 1.84M)

>oh hai guys check out my glock that feels like a brick and required a 3.5 trigger and sights tapped right to shoot straight because shit ergos!

Attached: soyboy-wojak.jpg (820x773, 128K)

Imagine having basedhands and thinking Glocks are uncomfortable. Imagine thinking the trigger actually means shit in a real self defense situation.

M11-A1 has phosphate coated internals, short reach trigger, short reset action and one of those inventory stickers on it.
The P229R doesn't have any of those. Spend $45 and then it will have the short reset action just like the M11-A1. It does have the fat trigger though, which I like a lot more than the short reach trigger on the M11.