Ian's Book

Someone sell me on this book

i want to want it and now that the kickstarter threw shit into maximum overdrive it looks even more appealing

but i'm not a collector and i don't have a firearms reference library.

someone please tell me why i need it

Attached: 740afb7086b5a98bbf3382c6754cc8fc_original.jpg (680x484, 69K)

I honestly thought it was a Quran glancing at the thumbnail. What's it cost? I almost got Larry Vickers 1911 book for my brother since he's a huge 1911 guy but the price tag was atrocious.

I wouldn't worry about it
>Kickstarter
If gun jesus doesn't have the dosh to put up front to write his own book, something s fucky
That fucker should be rolling is dough. The fuck does he need a Kickstarter?

Why spend your own money when you can rope goyim into crowdfunding it

No. Ian isnt an expert and his book is overpriced regurgitation.

Youd be better off asking this on reddit and getting the dick riding comments you probably expect.

Exactly

>The fuck does he need a Kickstarter
french flag bookmark ribbons and silver page edges

>spending money when paypigs will spend it for you

/Thread desu

Hhhmmmnnn, Smells like jewkike mischief to me, haroomf

$85 for for the base kick starter edition with all the new goal frills

supposedly the full production edition will cost slightly more and not have the extra fanciness

how is he not an expert?

i'm not a dick rider, but he seems pretty reputable.

he's definitely has better excess to research materiel and collections then probably anyone else.

He has jack of all trade shallow knowledge of much, he isnt an expert on anything in particular. If you were looking at someone who had compiled and researched a particular French arm it would not be Ian.

Ian makes videos where he repeats what other people have researched and written. Many a times near verbatim, I believe there is a link somewhere of where he quoted wikipedia directly.

Point being ian is like Othias except less honest. Othias acknowledges he has some wide knowledge but is no expert, he will tell people in his videos to buy books from people who DID the first hand research that he quotes and references and is open about that.

Ian is not, ian is righting a book on information he got second hand in the first place, which in of itself maybe could be excused but then he has the audacity to charge 85 dollars for it and get his paypigs to throw him that or more for it.

I think its dishonest and Ian is extremely arrogant for what he does.

Think of it like this, ian is a lot like black science man and numerous other sci pop queers.

i would argue that you're right for the most part but his general knowledge doesn't exclude him from being an expert on a specific area.

he owns and even competes with most of France's historical military arms. he's got a body of first hand knowledge that i believe qualify him as an 'expert'

not sure what 'expert' means to you but i think it's a pretty subjective term

Do you give any sort of shits about French rifles? if so then it's probably the best book you'll get at a lower pre-order price.

If not then you don't want it. That said you should start building a reference library.

I hope the previous user is just trying to get (you)s but in case he's not:
Ian never claims to be an expert. He himself has said in several occasions that Othias does more in depth videos about the history of a gun and his are brief histories, with a main focus on the mechanics or features that did/didn't work and why. You criticize him for not doing the "first-hand research" and delving deep into a subject then turn around and criticize him for doing just that.

Unless you were able to read the book before anyone else, you have no idea what's in it and can't therefore judge as to the degree of research that went into. We do know however the book was part edited by other French rifles experts (even though you claim Ian isn't an expert but don't give the qualifications needed to be considered an expert), so we can assume the information that comes out of that process is true or at least the accepted narrative.

Tl;Dr fuck off

85 dollars for an encyclopedia full of high quality color pictures isn't exactly high. thats pretty fucking standard.

notice that every book he reviews is similarly priced.

I disagree that he has the amount of knowledge required to be a French firearms expert.

I think a good start to being an "expert" would be to have some kind of first hand research or actual contribution to the knowledge base of a firearm or group of arms. I dont see where ian has any of that. He just repeats knowledge others have.

>stop criticizing my favorite eceleb

Nothing youre saying justifies the cost of this book. Othias isnt so arrogant that I see him releasing books and pretending to be an expert. He recommends books that OTHERS have written.

If you want to circle jerk about based gun jesus you should probably go back to r*ddit.

>someone makes a counter-argument to my post
>immediately strawman them, then tell them to go to reddit

Its ok user, you can tell us.
Where did Ian touch you?