Meyers-Brigg Thread

I'm curious as to whether there's a correlation between personality type and firearm ownership (and possibly if it even effects what kinds of guns one might find desirable, i.e. leverguns/boltguns/semiautos etc).
Could be possible such info could be used to fashion arguments against antigunners/spineless centrists
>inb4 glownigger
>inb4 'nice try atf'
>not scrubbing exif data from family pics
>not being behind 8 proxies at all times

Attached: mbti-more-accurate.png (1484x2152, 371K)

These personality types are useless as a basis for anything.

also
>inb4 (((meyers-brigg)))

>INTP
I find guns super interesting from an engineering perspective and love learning everything I can about military technology. At the same time, I've never gotten around to buying any because I know I'd be too lazy to actually bother to practice.

>im defined by 4 letters!
lmao women need to leave

pic related

I like all guns. Though I suppose I'm a bit of a wehraboo and have a soft spot for german weapons

Attached: INTP bf.png (1000x508, 331K)

These tests are p dumb but ENTPgang rise up

INFJ here. I like all kinds of guns, but probably my 1911s most of all.

>implying Jow Forums is hasguns

>ISTP
I like comblock shit.

>drops hobby 2 days after getting into it
>changes stance every two weeks
Why am I like this? It fucking sucks.
I've only ever been productive when dating INTJs. I don't put too much stock in MBTI, but literally every woman that's been attracted to me is an INTJ.

>preach and idolize ideals and virtues
>be a degenerate who cannot even emulate them
endless suffering

>INTJ / INTP / ENTP / whatever that particular MB test decides
I like battle rifles and AK-series rifles, enjoy cold war military history and the mechanical operation of firearms

own a No.4 Mk.1, .22 and turk trap shotgun

ESTP
Guns based on roles/defined purposes

ENTP aka a mediocre sociopath

>ideals and virtues
Those aren't real things, though. They're just useful tools for society to maintain productivity and harmony. The real issue for most INTPs I know is being able to stop thinking about them long enough to actually act on them.

ENTP checking in.

I like guns because they, like cars, trains, and other mechanical devices are means to power. It’s not weird to appreciate that, right?

indecisiveness is its own sort of abstract hell

not weird at all user, they represent freedom and self-agency for me

Yep. I can't function without outside motivation. It sucks.

INFJ

Highlights of my collection:
Garand
CZ75
C93
Swedish M96 Mauser
CZ83
Dan Wesson .357

Currently in the market for a .357 lever action and planning on owning all of PTR's models.

Nursing Student right now. It's a good fit for me.

Always liked weapons. Always. Gun ownership is just a logical extension of that. Always had a strong protective and nurturing drive. Very empathic but with a strong cut off if I decided you were an enemy.

200% full SHALL Patriot.
Fuck commies.
Fuck Democrat SJW's.
Fuck establishment Republicans like McCain and Graham

If I'm INTP and feel like a neocon this month, how long should I expect to wait before I change my mind again?

kek

whenever i take a mb test i alternate between intp and entp the test a shit

It hurts, cause it's true. Fuck you man.

MBTI is a horoscope for people who think they're too smart for horoscopes.
That said, ENTP who likes rugged-looking guns (AKs, quad-rail ARs, leverguns, revolvers).

>ENFP
I dunno what to say, I like guns

ENFP here.

love all gats and how they work. I like making them too.

To some extent. MBTI won't explain what guns or movies or whatever that you like, but it does classify people based on 4 specific aspects of personality. People incorrectly use it to explain every piece of someone's existence, when it's really just supposed to be a means of dividing the population on certain measurable characteristics.

Don't post this Reddit highschool tier personality labeling trash you zoomer. Maybe it'd be cool if I was 12

your opinions and the experiences those are based on tend to change as time progresses, friend. also you might have eaten something foul and be overanalyzing why you're pooping so much so you're inconsistently answering questions because your mind is in a different place. I guess those are the same things. One is just a far too specific example.

No you can't tell my life story based off a post on Jow Forums fuck off

Attached: 1504788581670.gif (159x146, 1.94M)

I was making an existential observation.
Calm your tits.

ISFP.

>when the only thing you're actually good at is creative writing and that industry's just saturated with SJWs, feminists, and Commies.

McCarthy did nothing wrong.

Definitely not an INTP. Way too certain of his assertions.

Yeah but even then. Psychology discredits it as pseudoscience. And psychology itself is basically pseudoscience, so when even psychologists are like nah, you know it's hoopla.

Since MBTI is pretty much the Ouija board of psychometric measurement I don't think much of it. When I do take it I'm right down the middle of the S-N and T-F scales. I think I'm pro I, I test pro E.
My Guns: A compact, and two long slide versions of the same pistol. My ARs, A pistol version, a MMR and long range varmiter.

didn't you just do the same thing?

Where did you find this, did you make this? This is me. And I know everybody makes the are you me meme, but... are you?... serious question

Attached: 8FE07484-15FD-415A-89FC-C780D958112A.jpg (600x600, 44K)

I mean, anything related to the human brain that's actually applicable in treatment will be basically poking a black box in different ways and seeing how it reacts. Approximations and untestable hypotheses are about the best we've got.

Who said I was INTP?

did not make this, it's just pretty accurate. if mbti is a horoscope, it's at least good enough to give one an existential crisis

Jesus you had me spooked user

Woo, INTP depression gang! Nothing matters, and if it did, we'll be way too busy thinking about useless shit to ever find out.

You're actually only gonna find that people who go on Jow Forums, and Jow Forums, are introverts. Welcome to selection bias.

why god
why did you make us this way
why did you leave us unfinished

Attached: 41bf02592c9b42592088f6cad7cdfafe.png (829x509, 78K)

literally no one
I just asked if you did the same thing
fuckin retard
can't u read :^)

Date an INTJ for as long as she'll put up with you, and try to get as much done as possible while you're together. At least you can accomplish something for a period of time.

>Genki anime school girl
Also got a different one as well, but can't remember which.

The truth is god has nothing to do with it. You act this way because... I told you to.

Attached: 3CBF83DF-0536-42F5-9D8D-F2710677D891.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>meyers brigg test
*Fedora horoscopes

ISTJ/Enneagram 6 niggas get in here.

Guns = security. They're also fucking rad don't ban them.

Attached: 1554436922515.jpg (1024x681, 324K)

Forgot to answer which guns I like, I am I like rifles. Especially high caliber ones, but not .50s. FN FAL is my favorite.

Attached: Cat (6).gif (500x500, 1.59M)

>I'm curious as to whether there's a correlation between personality type and firearm ownership

I'm actually curious if there is a correlation between mental condition and firearms ownership.

Case in study - my neighbour. When not on Risperidone, he's hearing voices and having 100% real hallucinations that noone else but he can see.

At the same time, he has built 5 or 6 ARs from 80% kits.

I just hope he stays on pills and his insurance wont ran out.

delet

the 4 letters that define you are FAGT

Believing this horseshit is a great way to advertise what an NPC you are

It's pretty well researched and based on Jungian psychology. I wouldn't put 100% faith in it. But it has some practical use for helping categorize and treat psychological issues. Its at least a little better than nothing

This. The problem is when people decide to use it as a horoscope instead of a classification system.

ISTP
I like modern wunderwaffe (not-15’s) and AR-15s but have recently gotten into AKMs as well

Attached: FD9C3A3F-DC4C-496F-8525-4A299694561B.jpg (4032x3024, 2.18M)

>Jungian psychology
pure pseudo shit

INTJ

I'm limited by law to what I can buy, but I bought and own a SVT-40, Mosin Nagant, Savage A17, some bolt action in .308. I was given a few shotguns and a few other bolt actions.

I'd like to buy a .45-70 levergun, some sort of mid range AR15, FN-FAL and a PTRD-41.

Attached: savagea17.jpg (1000x666, 34K)

how did you acquire an SVT famalam

Jungian is the only really practical branch. And has helped millions of people. People who dismiss it are most often people who don't like what it tells them. Fix your shit.

ISTP
I like all guns that feel comfortable and fun to shoot but I especially like manual actions which I find more engaging

>you HAVE to believe what some guy wrote years ago or you're the problem!
lol

I think I'm INFJ? It really changes when I'm on antidepressants

>Nogunz
I like reading about guns and militaria but I'm way to cheap to ever actually buy one. It just wouldn't be a good use of money when there are more useful things to buy. I like that guns and gun enthusiasts exist but I feel like I will only ever be an outsider to the community

Attached: 1540071051897.jpg (900x599, 75K)

That's not what he meant. He's merely pointing out that it's a useful basis for self-help for those who need it.

interesting interpretation
also you're fucking retarded
>inb4 you think I'm the same user

The Republic is over 2000 years old and it still applies.
You're pretty much beyond help with that attitude. Good luck to you, luck is the idiot's best friend.

I always score ENTP but that image describes me in ways so accurate it's uncomfortable. I don't really know why I own or like guns anymore, I don't get to shoot and I don't have the ability to spend enough time shooting to get good at it. I just sort of clean them every now and then, get quietly interested or impressed with how they work like I've always been, and then put them away again. That's basically how all my hobbies have turned out though so I guess it's sort of par for the course.

Attached: 1554904778126.png (547x489, 188K)

>spends six consecutive hours listening to movie soundtracks and staring at his screen while daydreaming
I do this but for 2 hours a few times a week. Most of that stuff I can relate to, but I scored as an INTJ.

>pusedo shills seething this hard
go back to your horoscope blogs

INTJs seem to basically just act like INTPs, except that their more strict sense of good and bad forces them to be productive. When I asked why one of my INTJ friends was so hard working, she said "because it's bad to be lazy" with no further elaboration or thought. Seems to be a lot more conducive to actual accomplishment.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jow Forums doesn't deserve an intellectual of your caliber, user, maybe you should leave and go somewhere else

:(

It's ok to be upset. I'd seethe too if my lack of selfawareness was bursted open.

I am the lazy subtype of this, I literally sort through my course outlines to see what assignments I can skip while maintaining a good enough GPA

>mfw INTP married to INTJ wife
At least we have fun talking about linguistics and politics together...

Me too. It's a fucking terrible habit and I hate myself so much.

>selfawareness
You can't use that term now. You don't believe in psychology apparently.

That's been all of my relationships. They're the only periods of my life where I'm not a directionless loser.

>ISTP
I too like comblock shit

Favorite gun is the VEPR AK-74 in walnut.

Attached: 1457761343506.gif (213x199, 339K)

INTJ/P (massive INT, borderline J/P) here. About half of these are far too close for comfort. Several others would be if not for a saint of a mother.

>lack of self-awareness
Everyone in this thread knows that myers briggs isn't solid science, you're the pseud for going WELL AKSHULLY on common knowledge.

It's so easy to fall into the trap of only thinking without actually doing anything.

I got INFJ this time but I get ISTJ just as often. Depends on my mood.

Attached: RockofSomaliaAward.jpg (750x750, 64K)

Oh and I own only Fudd stuff. Wooden bolt-action rifles in .30-06 and .308, and a 20 gauge shotgun.

>ISTJ
I'm a piece of shit realist and made extensive plans for everything.
I like MK18 type gats and my FAL

I retook the test and now I am INFJ instead of ENFP. I don't know.

Guess Hitler isn't the worst guy.

Attached: Sminem.png (1295x1458, 980K)

Well, growing up on a dirt-poor family farm forces you to do stuff for no other reason than "because it needed doing". So, that probably had a big impact.

It also left me too cheap to collect much anything, much less amass a decent collection of firearms, outside of the durr rifles and .22s necessary to survive on a farm.

i'm ENTJ

i like takedown rifles and novelty shit

my favorite gun is my Springfield m6 scout rifle and i'm a big fan of lel-kek's cheap plastic bullshit

my first handgun was a cz.52 because it has a unique locking mechanism that looks like a little robo man

i doubt any of that really correlates.

This

>fedorascopes
IINTJ-T. Anything as long as it's not facebook boomer or instagram zoomer tier (think .45 or m14 circlejerk material or glocks with CSGO skins that look like AIDS) or guns neutered to fit fucked compliance laws. Guns made exclusively for hunting also leave a bad taste in my mouth just because of personal experience with fudds, but it's the attitude of the owner, not the gun itself. A plus would be it having a background in military service or historical value.

Attached: 1526642136615.jpg (1125x1318, 317K)

>INTJ wife
Interesting. What are her politics and your relationship like?

Attached: intjright.png (805x518, 47K)

ENTP. I like damn near any weapon with utilitarian purpose or history, prefer AR because I can always find parts and ammo if there’s a habbedig. I’m not a sociopath though.
I mean, I don’t mind the thought of killing other people, they all deserve it in one way or another. Frankly guns are just a means for people to maintain their liberty. Like me. Because everyone is my equal and nobody is above me.
Wait. Shit.

Attached: 20B4E922-E0B3-43C5-8483-4A74B70041C9.jpg (720x540, 40K)