How did this get away with so many blatant anachronisms?

How did this get away with so many blatant anachronisms?
>most guns featured were put in service in the 70's and 80's
>particular model of FAMAS wasn't in service until the early 2000's
>Warsaw Pact forces using FALs
>SR-71 providing real-time recon

Attached: 67a0c3c1177d4cd46f3dd5784cf405af607b1475.jpg (616x353, 32K)

Probably because the vast portion of the Call of Duty audience are not as autistic as this board and don't particularly care about details relating to weapons, as long as the guns are cool.

It was a different time. Before PC and far left culture became mainstream. You could do and say a lot of things you can't now. I miss those years

Even when I was a noguns normie, I was noticing these things.

Because it's fiction, mostly.

LMAO who gives a fuck, NERD?
*chugs Mountain Dew*
You talk like a fucking virgin faggot.
*munches on Doritos*

You think people didn't bitch about it then? Thing is, 25 million people played this game and only a minute fraction of that give a fuck about historical accuracy.

look at this loser talking about videogames what an incel

This but unironically

shit game from a shit developer

I think it was only because both the Cubans and the VC using the AK would’ve gotten repetitive, russians too. Plus they didn’t have too many theaters of war, so they just decided to give some counties similar-ish weapons. Like the Cubans using the wood stock FAL, looks close enough to an AK and is semi, so it’s a better gun for adversaries to have early game

probably because alot of fans were just happy to have a modern game set in a more abstract era doing cool shit. vietnam and the cold war in general was a really cool era to explore.
faggot

Attached: eS5n6P2.gif (480x336, 1.47M)

what if Mason just remembered it wrong and the settings were correct after all?

Who gives a fuck?
That was the question, because Call of Duty was in it's, "whatcha gonna do about it?" mode at that point.
Who the fuck asks about realism in their autistic headcanon game? They should've made a legit Vietnam game while the getting was good.

He’s being tortured to recall the events, so this might be likely. Would explain a lot actually, and it’s already hinted at with the fact that reznov literally wasn’t real past the votkuta mission

underrated post

Because videogames are a childs medium, and prioritize flash over substance. In a film or tv show, there are physical barriers to having every gun or piece of equipment period accurate, requiring stand-ins (Galils disguised as AKs in south african films) and mockups (the Abrams from TWD). Games have no such restrictions, if a photo can be found it can theoretically be approximated; but modeling tends to be done by listless slavs and pajeets contracted through sketchfab rather than passionate film armorers and set designers; so you end up with random shit everywhere chosen for looking unusual rather than being appropriate.

The Afghanistan mission was cool. Man everything about being a CIA spook during the cold war with delirious PTSD was interesting

Attached: SR-71_Blackbird_interior_BO.png (1680x1048, 1.64M)

owned

It didn't many people left the series after this game, including me

The devs basically said that many of the weapons where prototypes in off the books field testing.

Which means a wizard did it, don't think about it too hard autist.

Yeah and it's also one of the few games to feature G11s, let fun be fun user.

>How did this get away with so many blatant anachronisms?

It’s a video game about fictional characters and acurances.

I hate this inaccurate pile of dogshit and the cancerous fanbase it spawned so fucking much.

Call of Duty has been on a downward spiral since World at War and get only gets worse with each passing year.

It's fucking shameful too given how much effort is put into each game (soundtrack, voice acting, animation etc.).

Also shilling an actually good Vietnam War gaming community, Project Delta. We play ArmA III's Unsung mod. A couple of our guys are actual Vietnam War vets.

Attached: 107410_screenshots_20190331124937_1.jpg (1920x1080, 549K)

You're confusing Black Ops I with II

WaW was better zoomer. So was the first MW

It's sad too because games like MoH and CoD were once really focused on historical accuracy

while im not going to blast waw, treyarch was a mistake and they destroyed the franchise. to be fair though surpassing cod4 was never going happen.

>ITT nobody has hit the nail in the head yet.
Because Modern Warfare was popular and it expected the market for that to be in this game.

Additionally most of the guns in the 60s were still WWII shit and they tried to avoid that

Which is a shame really as it would've made the game stand out.

WaW made WWII look like a gritty, miserable shitstorm, especially the Marines levels. They seem worn-out, desperate, and just want to go home.

Simple, gaming and the gaming community just isn't what it used to be.

The same reason why this game got away with passing out MP18s to every assault class even though 90% of the game takes place before 1918.

The same reason why this game got away with making every German Empire scout a nigger.

The same reason why this game has a Thompson SMG in it even though they weren't even distributed during the war.

Attached: Niggerfield 1.jpg (323x433, 25K)

Based

literally what the fuck does that have to do with OP statement

Attached: 1555759533289.jpg (496x496, 140K)

plus it was against the japs. how many fucking games do i have to fight boring ass germans?
>start game as black guy
>get overrun minutes later
>no more blacks the rest of the game
lmao talk about pointless virtue signaling. terrible game btw.

of course the no fun nancy starts shilling his gay arma milsim group

Almost all base maps happen in 1918

This game also features a Vietnam veteran spec ops glownigger with an AK with an underbarrel flamethrower escaping a POW camp in a cave by stealing a Hind and blowing up an entire river so that he can reunite with the hallucinations of his dead friend from a Soviet gulag and stop an army of sleeper agents from releasing neurotoxin over the entire U.S. via an undersea numbers station
I don't think the writers were focused on small details

I think most people would rather play a fun shooter with their bros instead of playing an autism simulator

Could have just put the fucking SKS in the game.

So many if the guns in that game are totally anachronistic or in the hands of people who would have never used them. Why does the NVA have FALs? Why are there Galils in a Viet Kong tunnel? Why are Russian marines using the 2000's era FAMAS in 1968?

>it's okay when MGS does it

Attached: MGS V Ground Zeroes - iDroid 1.jpg (960x540, 213K)

>All this fighting over a video game
I remember when I could play games without caring about anachronisms or autism.
As an aside, I fucking loved playing this as a kid, and now I want replay it again.

>as a kid
jesus christ at least try to act like you're over 18

Jokes on you, I'm 21

This

How do people get away with making threads about cawadooty on Jow Forums?

Fuck I wish mgsv had a better story and real guns

Black Ops is was released almost 9 years ago, someone who was 10 when it came out is now over 18 years old

I remember seeing a developer commentary video which said the reason they had weapons in the game that were way ahead of their time was because they wanted to give the impression that the black ops units were given prototype gear which was ahead of it's time compared to the rest of the people. Also the whole narrative in the game is fictional alt-history in it's own franchise timeline.

For real just don't play CoD games for realism.

oh god
you're right
2010 was almost a decade ago
holy fuck

Attached: angry wojack.jpg (700x700, 149K)

I thought it was explained by devs or the game itself, the reasons being that because they are BLACK OPS they had access to the secret weapons etc.

That was also the last CoD game. Series died after.

I almost wanted to kill myself when one of my friends told me the Spongebob Squarepants 20 year anniversary was a few days ago. Just think, there's people posting here who weren't even alive during season 1 of spongebob.

Attached: 1528928965050.jpg (960x960, 61K)