Opinions are like Assholes

This thread is for anyone who has some controversial opinions on gun laws/infringement/regulations or just wants to air grievances. Here’s my personal ones:

>CC permits are fucking stupid, constitutional carry should be the go to in each state
>the way California categorizes shotguns is retarded
>The infringements California has on ARs is absolutely horrible and you should take each and every opportunity to oppose it by buying and building your own shit
>Being charged/considered for jail time after shooting someone that forced their way into your home is absolute idiocy
>Politicians who want to write gun control legislation should be given ONE YEAR minimum of firearms courses AND show competency before even thinking about writing said laws
>Firearm bans from foreign countries are idiotic, I didn’t do anything to spur Russia, I just want my god damn guns
>Machine gun classifications (ie bumpstocks) are a joke

Attached: 3E42D2C3-2177-4FD9-91AE-1574583DBD98.png (268x322, 117K)

My grievance is the rampant cop bootlicking common amongst 2A supporters, all it took was a couple of dead niggers to convince right wingers that cops were based and make everyone forget that not long ago cops were going after rural gun owners and militias and if anyone "comes for your guns" itll be unquestioning cop stormtroopers

But, senpai, I agree with all that has been posted.

Right, and at that point they become agents of the state, and are no longer just police, because MOST police are you and me. Get your head out of your ass, fuckwad

Attached: 1555638375951.jpg (730x480, 17K)

>Politicians who want to write gun control legislation should be given ONE YEAR minimum of firearms courses AND show competency before even thinking about writing said laws
See, this I disagree with. If they knew what they were talking about they could actually fuck us over bad. I prefer the "shoulder thing that goes up" and ".30 caliber clips in 30 seconds" idiocy. Because it mostly rings hollow.

>while I feel that the NFA should largely be repealed in the case of machine guns, short barreled shotguns, and short barreled rifles, I think that destructive devices ie: explosives should be regulated. There, I said it.

They are already though. In order to manufacture large fireworks, you need bunkers separated by thick walls to stop propagation should something happen.
That's just a safety precaution.
I agree with the rest though.
They are keeping the tax though, no way they're giving that up.
But imagine the revenue they could pull if they just opened the registry? I bet dems would cream their jeans at that prospect.

>if you want to learn skills that will help you against an oppressive regime or foreign invading army, your time and money would be better spent buying a lathe and mill and learning to use them than learning to shoot.
>licensing and mandatory safety training would be a reasonable compromise if it meant that licensed owners could own any weapon and carry without any restriction.

i dont agree with the ban, but bump stocks are fucking retarded.
>whole rifle moves
lmao no thanks.

>a reasonable compromise
Adorable that you think they'd honor any of the shit they agree to. Ask Reagan how the amnesty deal worked out.

>these opinions
>controversial
You know where you are right

>Adorable that you think they'd honor any of the shit they agree to.

I know they wouldn't. They have no interest in compromise.

the 2nd amendment is a right written by man, and can therefor be changed by man. Say its a right without actually backing it up, does not make it a right. The 2nd amendment should also be broadened, its not about the right to own guns, its about the right to protect yourself, meaning you should be allowed to own guns amongst other things.

I disagree with licensing, but making firearms training a mandatory part of high school curriculums or instituting a two year mandatory military service requirement for citizens would be good.

this. people who suck up to cops are blind MAGA hat wearers, autistic boomers, and lukewarm Jow Forumstards, most of whom only care about guns because it's vaguely right wing and don't care about its importance as a means to sustain a populace's freedoms and democratic rights against a tyrannical government.

cops may not all be assholes, but they're definitely foot soldiers for the same fuckers that try everyday to take gun rights away.

>when you think Jow Forums is real life

Attached: tumblr_inline_pa3vuv4vzL1uoz2en_540.gif (500x375, 1.11M)

What I absolutely hate is the
>"Hey they banned [insert any firearm] but at least we still have [insert any firearm], you can still do so much things user, and why would you need those?! You're not going to war!"
logic I see a lot in neighboring european nations. There should be no compromise accepted when it comes to bearing arms and the freedom of the people. If you prefer to jeopardize the freedom of your people to just keep your own little daily comfort and your own false sense of security, then you don't deserve freedom, comfort nor security for being a greedy selfish fucking parasite. If you follow this logic, when the EU parliament will continue to tighten the leash around European gun owners necks, we can't just stay and wait while saying "hey they banned crossbows but at least we rocks!".

Oops meant "still have rocks"

1. ok, but forcing people to train how to use something so potentially dangerous before going out in public who otherwise wouldn't is a nice thing. It would be nice if the classes were free etc. but it gets complicated doesn't it?
2. Yeah.
3. State's rights my man. The US have open borders go wherever you like where the law reflects your own values or vote.
4. A home invasion is not a very straight-forward occurence. Lots of nuance, context, other shit going on, circumstance, etc. etc. It's pretty prudent to cross your t's and dot your i's, not absolute idiocy.
5. Sure why not
6. Russian gun industry is linked to the gubmint and you're supporting it by buying from them. We got sanctions and shit to uphold, there's a lot of intrigue going on and big national interest things, ya know? But God forbid larper can't get his avtomat, number 1 priority of US national interests
7. 100% Correct.

>dick riders of any variety, blue line, mil, gun celebs, gun youtubers etc. (I say this having basic respect for cops, being a two time welfare queen and watching gun people do gun things)
>gun laws that make it stupid to acquire firearms or accessories no more dangerous than their semi automatic, full length, non explosive and unsuppressed counterparts.
>people being scared, angry, inflammatory or stupid around regular people going about their business carrying a firearm clearly for personal defense.
>magazine limits (not a problem here but still)
>foreign firearms embargoes
>not enough military surplus vehicles
>not enough modern military surplus weapons or accessories
>legislators being able to make legislation without first being educated on the topics at hand by some kind of committee or an expert who is either moderate or from "across the aisle"
>the BATFE having the F in it and not just consolidating it with the DEA to keep jobs and regulate trafficking of all of the above.
>brass Jews

>The firearms community is filled to the brim with alarmists that scream about how your rights will be gone and AWBs will be everywhere within the next four to ten years. I'm not just talking about the NRA either. Regular gun owners will go full chicken little over even the smallest shit that pans out to be nothing. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and realize it will all be okay.
>Video games unironcially saved guns. CoD alone probably sparked a huge interest in milsurp and modern ARs that would not have existed if it wasn't for it.
>Rapid fire rules in ranges are a good idea. I've seen too many speds spew bullets everywhere except the backdrop, putting others or equipment in serious danger.
>The pendulum is slowly starting to turn in favor of guns, despite the media and the big social media websites trying to make it a taboo subject. All we have to do is fight off or convert the soccer moms that don't want their special angels hurt by even a prick and heavily sheltered urbanites to start picking up momentum.
>The NRA are blatant Republican shills but they still do good work.
>Anyone that thinks either side truly cares about gun rights is retarded. Repubs don't like an armed populace just as much as Dems don't. They only court gun owners because they think they're a good group to have in their pocket.
>Don't complain about "muh striker-fired pistols and ars ruining the gun industry" when you have over 100 years of guns to pick and choose from. Hate Glock clones? Pick up an old Colt or FN Browning from Gunbroker and punch some holes with it. Etc. The gun world is your oyster thanks to the interwebs.

>legislators being able to make legislation without first being educated on the topics at hand by some kind of committee or an expert who is either moderate or from "across the aisle"

But user, that's all legislature.

Attached: 1555190367617.png (550x373, 75K)

>"use something so potentially dangerous" are you implying guns themselves are dangerous? Even in anyone's hands, the gun is not the one posing the threat, the gun won't shoot someone until the guy behind the trigger decides to. If the new owner accidentally shoots someone, it's not the gun's fault, even in that situation, the gun is not the dangerous one, a gun can't make mistakes and accidentally kill someone, it's the owner's fault for making that mistake.
>"Hey instead of fighting for your rights and standing your ground you can just run away from the restrictions that will always in the end catch up to you and all the states since it's the govt goal!"
See my precious post at

See my previous post at

You came up with a few I spaced, nice.
>but user that's all legislature
I know and it's kind of a problem, if they ain't got the time to get themselves at least a crash course then things ought to change.

>hurr guns dont kill people
I am implying guns are dangerous because, you know, fuckwits can accidentally shoot you. If you want to get fucking pedantic about it, yeah technically its a perfectly safe inanimate object if you don' touch you fucking autist, meanwhile don't address my argument at all that getting people to train how to use them would be a good thing. I wonder how often you complain about bad drivers?

>hey instead of fighting for your rights run away
I guess you missed the "or vote" part. If you lose the vote that sucks, nobody likes losing but that's life. I'm guessing what you meant to argue is that 'common sense' gun laws don't exist. I disagree, they do but they are not the sort of laws the anti guns are thinking of. But if you meant to imply "compromise doesn't exist," I agree, giving even an inch in this is unacceptable. There is no compromise when you get literally nothing in return.

Jow Forums faggots are wrecking this board and constantly derailing every fucking thread

>everyone is Jow Forums!
dont you get tired of saying this everyday?

Attached: 0ff(1).jpg (276x227, 14K)

>your time and money would be better spent buying a lathe and mill and learning to use them than learning to shoot.
Absolutely retarded, if anything the militia structure should be actively encouraged and incorporated in local governance; get groups of the same community together to equip themselves and build a camaraderie.
>licensing and mandatory safety training
Leaves open way too much for commies to infringe on everyone's rights and add's extra retarded costs. Only thing that I am in favor of is having a database with felons or those with dangerous mental illness being referenced for guns sales.
I'd still regulate actual machine guns or at least regulate them, GPMG's and all that.

My workplace should allow CC for all staff except security.

I don't mind ROs that enforce no rapid fire and other range rules the get bitched about on here.
People are so fucking stupid, and even more so in this particular hobby/interest, that they can't be trusted to do anything correctly unsupervised.

Based

>opinions are like assholes

Yeah and I give mine to everybody

As long as it's enforced on a person to person basis, I don't care about rapid fire rules. But if one can prove they can rapid fire without issue, they should be ok'd to rapid fire. But this requires rapport with the RO.

Basic licensing systems for gun ownership are a good idea. There are a lot of retards that should not be able to purchase firearms without at least a little training. I would be 100% in favor of a licensing system if I had some psychic knowledge that it would never be abused by the state.

Attached: I'm crazy.jpg (302x216, 24K)

Conscription would unironically be the best thing for the US ever.

>Stick the rurals and urbanites into the trenches together
>Build camraderie between blues and reds
>Toughen up losers and autists, make them more confident and keep them from shooting up schools
>let Jow Forums faggots larp for free
>No more dumb cult of "thank you for your service"
>Get to feel like a real countryman, build some national pride and feel like you have a stake in your society

Flower children and pussies just do public service

>let me give my opinion on opinions
a thread died for this

There was a recent presidential candidate who touted a lite version of mandatory government service. He also wanted to convert to the metric system asap. I forgot who, he didn't make it very far, he was too intelligent for the plebeians.

We tried that in the 1960's. It fucked the military and the country up for 20+ years.

I would happily trade UBCs and a national registry in exchange for getting the NFA repealed

But all that music and those movies... Worth.

How so? Vietnam was just a fucked unpopular war in general, and today there are no active major conflicts, plus US mil is realising that sending in small teams of autonomous career operators to fuck shit up is pretty effective.

General... somebody. One of the generals. Famous general is currently working with the Trump administration on a service pipeline. Somewhat similar to the conservation core, but much broader. Young adults choose what kind of service they want to do and then go do that for a few years.
He talked about it on Jordan Peterson podcast a few weeks ago. Sounds based.

And you'll get a national registry and zero repeal.
How does the repeal of one registry (the NFA) being replaced with a MUCH broader registry help anything?

gun bad

>Radical anti-gunners who persecute someone for liking a gun, should face treason charges if they abuse their power (that includes capital punishment if it actually destroys someone's life)
>same goes for people who bully someone into suicide
>DS of A should be classified as a terrorist organization, along with animal rights groups
>all conventional media and TV should be disbanded and only allowed a renewal if they pass qualifications for performance, quality, and lack of personal bias by a neutral, third party organization
>there should at least one large domestic company making American milsurp repros (03 Springfields and Mausers) and reproduction parts for those who can't afford the complete rifles. This market is too saturated in ARs, and nobody is smart enough to put the same modularity and universal manufacturing standards into anything else because they want to be NPCs for lyfe
>companies who deliberately make defective guns should be liquidated by the feds
>castle doctrine and stand your ground laws should include and extra provisions specifically for domestic violence, police brutality, stalking, physical bullying, and child abuse interventions
>Carcanos, Mosin nagants, and Spanish Mausers are fine and anyone who says they're total garbage is just a spoiled bitch whose never actually had to scrape by to keep a roof over their head in their life. Don't believe me, refer to Alex Capps
>people who deliberately vandalize a range should be alienated from the rest of their community, stripped of all their guns, and forced to pay for all damages to the area, even if they're forced to go back there and fix the mess themselves with a shovel and the clothes on their back. And actually fix it back to pristine, unmolested condition.

he sounds gay

I watched him a town hall conference, and I immediately knew he would not make it very far. He was making too much sense.

>>Video games unironically saved guns.
Also modern Nerf

RENT FREE

baretta 92 > 1911
9 > 45
glocks are great
NRA actually cares about 2A and is worth supporting

Conscription would be a plus for all western nations, sacrifice some of your time to learn some teamwork skills and band people together. I'm not sure where I came across it, but there's a study that shows how Israeli mandatory service collects the various groups in a country and unites them through the conscription process (universal sacrifice).

>police should have accessible no arm, vehicle, or other potential tactical asset that is not able to be reasonably acquired by the common man
>"arms" as described by the second amendment ensures the right to every piece of weaponry that could be considered an arm, howitzers, mortars, emplaced cannons, Phalanx and other CIWS platforms, etc. Also, this includes the means by which to operate those arms, ie bombs necessitate bombers.

Some people are too retarded/agressive/socially inept to own firearms.

cops should only be allowed to use weapons, body armor and tools that any person living in their jurisdiction have access to
should a cop fire their weapon they should be held to the same legal standard any person living in their jurisdiction would be
owning weapons is basic human instinct and part of self presetvation, owning no weapons is not only irresponsible on the highest level, but is unnatural and inhuman

>I hate that everything is fucking high speed low drag brown. It's an ugly color
>colt AR's aren't that bad. The LE6920's are perfectly fine, if a bit overpriced
>rails on pistols aren't that necessary
>Kel Tec is cool, but I don't trust their QC. I'd rather have a HiPoint
>the SCAR is hideous
>current production walther's are kind of ugly.
>basic bitch AR15's look better than ones with tactical rails and foregrips.
>i actually prefer blocky handgun grips as opposed to the molded contoured ones
>the handgun market is stagnant af. All polymer striker fire with barely any appreciable difference, manufacturers don't even bother to even make their models look all that different from their competition. The last time anyone did anything interesting in that realm was 1996, when Walther brought out the P99. I don't count the Sig p320, because that design started out as the hammer fired p250
>as much as I like HK, they are well past their heyday. They haven't innovated all that much since the early 90's. At least they still maintain an excellent level of quality.
>I can't stand the Rhodesia worship, beyond their military prowess. It's better than modern day Zimbabwe, but people love to rant about communism and it's long history of mass starvation and unrest, yet conveniently ignore that Rhodesia's economy was built on a majority underclass that was never going to be able to sustain itself. Yes, the UN and Brits fucked everything up, and it's worse than it was before, but god forbid you criticize Rhodesia in the slightest, everyone flips out.
>5.7x28mm isn't that expensive. 50rds worth is comparable in price to 50rds of .45acp. Stop being poor.
>as good as the french foreign legion is, they are massively overrated in their capability. It's a solid infantry unit that gets the same training an equipment as the regular French military

Attached: 1555029317154.jpg (400x400, 30K)

>Gun rights are going to be dead legislatively in 10 years or so once Texas becomes the blue state of Tejas

Considering that blacks commit about half of murders and a similar majority of interracial murders, cops are pretty based

Militias are more often than not WN fronts.

Absolutely

Right you are Ken, a dangerously insane man indeed.

Attached: x1080-Z9o.jpg (1440x1080, 278K)

Please tell me your not talking about Lincoln Chafee, because I remember him talking about wantimg to convert to metric.

The man is a moron amd did jack shit for RI during his multiple terms as governor

It should be mandatory for all US citizens to carry at least one firearm on their body at all times with 50-100 rounds in magazines ready to go. Firearm safety and instruction classes should be taught in all high schools.

>The 2nd amendment should also be broadened, its not about the right to own guns, its about the right to protect yourself, meaning you should be allowed to own guns amongst other things.
It already does. A NY law banning nunchuks was struck down, as was the Massachusetts ban on stun guns
>Caetano v. Massachusetts (2016): " the 2nd Amendment extends to arms that were not in existence at the time of the founding".

It's an acknowledgement of a natural, God-given right.

>>licensing and mandatory safety training would be a reasonable compromise if it meant that licensed owners could own any weapon and carry without any restriction.
See, I wish I could say I agree, as it would weed out the morons who make gun owners look bad. But is right.
Also
>Heller was a mixed blessing. Scalia added that 2A "is not unlimited", so grabbers are now using that to kimit gun rights to the point of meaninglessness, all while giving lip service to it.
>the Insurrection theory behind 2A is hindered by rampant bystander effect in the gun community. We always expect other people to kick off the Boogaloo for us.
>There would need to be a unified push for Boogaloo with one side clearly in the right, not unlike what's happening in Venezuela. Right now, the gun community can't agree on when it's time to cowabunga, and an individual or group of them jumping the gun is seen as domestic terrorism

humans acknowledging human made rights, can equally be dismissed

Based and MXCpilled