Alright Jow Forumsommandos I'm going to buy a general purpose AR15 and the only trouble I'm having is deciding the...

Alright Jow Forumsommandos I'm going to buy a general purpose AR15 and the only trouble I'm having is deciding the barrel length
Should I get a basic bitch 16 inch barrel or a vietnam flashback 20 inch barrel?

Attached: AR-15-Rifle-Barrel-Length-2-600x281.jpg (600x281, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx
bbb.org/us/nv/reno/profile/gun-equipment/retro-rifles-1166-90020248/complaints
gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m15-20-m16-a1-5-56mm-1-12-twist/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you want a 20 you actually just want an ar10

18"

Rifle gas is the way to go. Its the way the fucking weapon was designed. 20" or bust.

There is zero point in an AR that isn't 20" or 10.5"

16 obviously.
20 is fucking ridiculous. You can't use it indoors. You're knocking over tvs and vases and getting caught in doorways guys are laughing, it's awful.
And you try to use it outside you have to hold that heavy bitch up all day long.

pic related is you

Attached: 28w44y.jpg (323x412, 40K)

Just get a 16” and 20” upper and interchange. Like $600 at psa.

Buy a URG-I and a stripped lower.

Dissy
pencil barrel
triangular handguards
bakelite pg
A1 stock
straight 25rd mags
3 prong flash hider
no forward assist

Attached: 1519292794558.jpg (640x640, 127K)

Based and Stonerpilled

>you can't use a 20" AR indoors
>but a 14.5" with a 6" suppressor is the perfect room clearing gun

this

the gust of air from a door shutting would send this guy into the next county

>guy

Attached: 1423965497278.jpg (1374x1425, 391K)

>general purpose
No reason to go over 14.5

Get a ruger mpr for 600 bucks, throw on a PA 1-4x scope for less than 300, and buy a bunch of magpul mags and different ammo to find out which factory rounds shoot good in your rifle.

Reason for mpr is, its cheap, it has rugers warranty, it has better than shitty stock milspec parts and furniture, and its an 18in rifle length barrel.

Buy an AK

this
disregard the romeo5 on rifle. im getting rid of it soon.

Attached: 20190501_212410~2.jpg (4160x2340, 1.27M)

you'd prolly want to switch buffer tubes and springs too, right?

14.5"-16" is best for general purpose. Perhaps even 18". 20" is dogshit.

Bro what. Have you even held a 20"er? It's not really that much longer and not heavy at all. The A1 I've got is lighter than my 10.3" since it has a pencil barrel and no tacticool. The 10.3 is mostly short so you can put a can on it without it being stupidly long, with the can it doesn't seem that much shorter.

20 inch

20 inch 762x39 cause 223 ice picks for an ar 15 or a ar-10 in .308 also 20 inch

You're a verified retard.

>not getting a p&w 14.5 LE6920

Attached: 1555370980403.jpg (519x665, 74K)

General purpose is extremely vague.

If I were to start fresh, I would have a generic "M4". You can add a red dot or scope to the carry handle. You can also just remove the carry handle. 16" with light weight barrel.

Mine is heavy barrel 16, no fixed front sight, BUIS, but wish I had permanent front and rear

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-081921.jpg (2340x1080, 280K)

Fuck the 20". The Marines dropped it for many reasons. Jow Forums is full of faggots,larpers, and retards.

Even if you're going precision, I wouldn't go looking on an AR.

You more you add personal touches and customize it,the more you find flaws and I perfections as the carbine becomes more.specialized and less general purpose. The flat tops and looooong handguards just add confusion as your options expand. Keep it simple soldier

who gives a fuck about what manlet mexican meatshield marines are using?

18" rifle gas, you'd be a fuckin idiot to get 20" unless you're specifically trying to do a half-assed m16 build

14.5" pinned if you talk a lot of shit playing video games online but get bullied in school

11.5" pistol for chads who realize they're not shooting 5.56 at 600 yards+ and don't need a barrel twice as long

>half assed
Why not do full assed?
whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx

Attached: ColtM16A1PartsKit.jpg (800x401, 42K)

20" with pencil barrel and collapsible stock

because the kind of person who considers getting a 20" barrel because they think it's cool isn't smart enough to build an ar let alone resist the urge to fuck it up last minute with chink parts

Got 18" with rifle length, kinda wish I had embraced the true longboy spirit

Get the big boi 20" or a pinned/SBR 14.5

16" just looks gay as hell and isn't mil spec.

that would explain a lot

soi boy spotted.

>want bare bones classic M4
>get colt 6920
>they no longer come with a carry handle

tfw cuck state so no ar pistol

Attached: 1524276750895.png (1977x1172, 1.8M)

pic isn't me, to clarify

(not this one either huehuehue)

Attached: 1555679514945.jpg (1280x853, 374K)

16 inch dissapator

My 20" has legit shit and the smaller ones have chink shit. Still heavy as fuck and long tho.

That kit has all the parts you need except barrel and lower receiver. Legit Colt parts. Put a brownells grey no fence lower on it and phosphated pencil barrel of your choosing.

I went with 16" for both of my builds. No need for a tax stamp or pinning / welding a muzzle device on it to make a shorter barrel NFA compliant that way. I don't see the point of getting a longer barrel, if I want to shoot longer distances then I have a .308.

>Isn't smart enough to build an ar
Is this even possible?

I once knew a man who cross-threaded his barrel nut and had the barrel at an angle because of it.

Eh, some of the little springs can be finnicky to install but other than that it's not very difficult if you have even a very basic grasp of how to use hand tools.

What's wrong with 11.6, 14.5 or 15.7 barrels?

What are you on about? Clearing rooms with a 20" is ass. You're gonna end up staring at your attacker with your barrel stuck to the top of the door frame. Get a 16", or even one of those pinned and welded 14.5" barrels. You're not losing enough energy to matter within 300 yds and it will, in fact, be significantly easier to handle indoors.

Have you even done room clearing before? Stick the stock over your shoulder and compress your firing hand to your chest. This is plenty tight. Barrel is pointed towards the threat always and you can easily engage at room distances from this position. Shorties with cans are most optimal but I actually kind of prefer a longer barrel if people aren't running cans because 1) slightly less deafening when four guys are firing at once indoors and 2) my 2 man's barrel is long enough to protrude over my shoulder and past my face a comfortable distance.

Yes, I've done room clearing before, with A4s, M4s, and my own personal guns. And no matter how much you compress your body your barrel is still going to stick out a ton with a 20" barrel and you're still going to have to work around the gun, rather than have the gun work for you. The best barrel length I've used for room clearing is an 8.5" on a .45 AR, and with that you can stay on target the whole time, none of the compressing shit. Pinned 14.5" or 16" are the best in terms of practical civilian use. You still have plenty of velocity to work with and don't have to deal with NFA shit or pistol braces, which aren't too big a deal but tend to be pricier. You still have a much more manageable barrel length for indoor use.

I fell for that meme. Receivers are available, but I've been looking for a barrel for a weeks. Only thing I can find is a Brownells that comes with the wrong FSB pinned.

Attached: 15569035607756968062127637381149.jpg (3264x2448, 2.71M)

10.5"

If this is your first an only AR, get at 16-inch off the shelf basic bitch delux. After that get a pistol or SBR if you get more. If you want anything over 18, stop and get a bolt gun.

>mil spec
What gives?

I just don't think it matters that much. It's certainly not way too heavy and knocking over vases and whatnot. The only time it gets to be a little long is doing a flower of death out of the end of a particularly narrow hallway, but even then 20" is plenty workable. 14.5 is good but I really hate muzzle blast from an unsuppressed 10.3 blowing my cheeks with hot gas if we start firing right on entry before buttonhooking away from one another. Just too damn close. .45ACP would be better probably, not much blast from pistol calibers. Never tried it though.

Retrorifles has them available to order but they make them per order so if you want chrome lined it takes 2 months.

I considered them, but their BBB page doesnt give me much confidence. bbb.org/us/nv/reno/profile/gun-equipment/retro-rifles-1166-90020248/complaints
Have you ordered from them? They're almost my only option at this point.

post feedramps

I guess you could get a nitrided one from faxon. Doesn't have the right look though.

This. Stonerfags BTFO'd

Wait here you go gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m15-20-m16-a1-5-56mm-1-12-twist/
They're back at green mountain.

You are a true scholar and a gentleman

Attached: 1555535214281.gif (220x387, 2.11M)

based

Attached: Resized_20190321_163203_5561~2.jpg (648x1915, 210K)

>all those complaints
Holy shit, fuck that

this post gave me cancer

>Don't shoulder the fucking gun in cramped areas
>Either lift more, or go pencil+A1/A2

Attached: 1536366251893.jpg (500x377, 15K)

16" intermediate gas length.

one of each
one of everything

this makes my AR-15 the Big AR-10

>You can't use it indoors. You're knocking over tvs and vases and getting caught in doorways guys are laughing, it's awful.
>And you try to use it outside you have to hold that heavy bitch up all day long.

Police Academy: The Post

Once saw a guy who had installed his gas tube upside down. Mind you, he was a company armorer at one point, so he should have fucking noticed his gas tube bending like ten degrees when he jammed it into the upper.

shit like this is why I have faith in citizen militias

Not use a 20" with a can.

Wildcard option: 7.5"

This is what is I'm counting on for HD. It's so light and easy to throw around corners, it's just plain fun. And from bad breath distances the bad guy's body doesn't care if it gets 5% less FPS at the muzzle than a 16".
>inb4 hearing loss
If you shoot an AR or a handgun or even a .22 indoors your hearing is fucked.

Attached: 138292.jpg (880x660, 17K)

y tho?