The UK's continuous at sea nuclear deterrent has been operating non stop for fifty years this year...

The UK's continuous at sea nuclear deterrent has been operating non stop for fifty years this year. Say something nice about it!

Attached: vanguard-class-980x490.jpg (1600x800, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/irish-news/royal-navy-nuclear-submarine-in-nearmiss-with-ferry-in-irish-sea-37735975.html
irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-trawler-dragged-by-suspected-submarine-1.2178382
theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/07/mod-admits-british-submarine-dragged-fishing-trawler-through-irish-sea
rte.ie/archives/2019/0221/1031935-submarines-a-threat-to-trawlers/
irishtimes.com/news/irish-sea-radioactivity-worse-than-at-nuclear-site-1.161463
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Allah save the queen!

It’d really suck if they had to open the letter of last resort, and it had some gay shit like, “Though the country may be gone, I don’t want our last act as a nation to be genocide. Don’t fire the missiles.”

I can not as 100 % of it depends on the tech and goodwill of a foreign nation.

It must be a boring as fuck job

If it wasn’t, that’d probably be a bad thing. At least it’s somewhat cooler being on a submarine than in a hole in the ground.

I mean, they still do it if they wanted to.

I guess it’s not like they’d have a government to report back to. Still, it kinda goes against the whole spirit of the thing.

I bet 99% of the time is boredom in any military branch

Can confirm, am bored.

The letters are built up to be a bit more than they are. Essentially it's a method of providing commands in the event of a command chain failure.

It will almost certainly be something along the lines of - if contact with admiralty lost try to make contact through NATO chain of command. If contact with admiralty unsuccessful and nuclear attack confirmed retaliate with option X. if Option X not available or nuclear attack not confirmed place yourself under command of allied nation Y.

If contact with admiralty, NATO or allied nation not established, state of war to be assumed, use discretion. option Z authorized. God save the queen.

This. Nothing is ever as interesting as people think.

But that, in and of itself, makes it interesting.

Not really though. Not in this case.

It makes CND weirdos mad so I like it a lot.

What’s a CND?

Cunt Needing Dole

No one even knows them.

Hah, clever. I like it.

Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament

Which is actually a fairly noble cause when done by two countries working together.

No so much when you just protest outside bases and smoke weed all day.

The problem with CND is they're for unilateral, not multilateral disarmament. Which is fucking stupid.

Basically they were commie funded/sympathetic useful idiots, which is why most of the organisation evaporated with the end of the cold war.

They'd probably nuke Germany or France for the bantz

>"Oi, we had a good run gents but we can't renew our nuclear arms loicense now, best use them on Australia before it expires, lest their criminal emu hordes come to inherit our good names."

Thank you, Electric Boat!

Corbyn is going to discontinue it. And not only that, he'll extinguish it so that it will take decades to reconstitute.

At this point in time the best thing this sub could do to defend its country is to nuke London.

damn that nigga old huh

KEK

Corbyn isnt going to be pm.

someone post the pic, you know what i'm thinking of.

Attached: absofackinglootlee.jpg (400x357, 41K)

Since the 90s, the Royal Navy Vanguard Trident RVs aren't deployed with nuclear warheads. The only time they're ever armed is when they go to Kings Bay to insert a Tritonal (conventional HE) warhead for a test.

They don't even have proper security for those boats compared to their attack subs, only the reactor room is actually guarded by sentries. The launch control room is left up for grabs because if you hit azimuth align on the GPS and typed in 144 coordinates, pressurized the launch tubes (you wouldn't hear anything) and pressed the red trigger on the joystick nothing would happen. They don't have a no-lone zone, a spring-loaded dual key mechanism or anything because it's a bluff.

Most of the Trident RVs at HMNB Clyde are derived from the Pershing II "Counter-Air Missile" system meant to cluster bomb runways with high explosive missiles except they're fitted with CBU drogues and non-lethal psychedelic warheads stored at Porton Down. They're meant to be used against their own population in the event they figure out Jimmy Savile was a "grand wizard" and they're run by a nonce-o-cracy.

>nuclear deterrent

Are you regarded OP? You'd SLBMs are American duds. You should have made your own like France.

Attached: 166199DF-D291-4749-AF85-A60ECE704BA7.jpg (1668x1763, 1.08M)

Why does it even exist?

The Vanguard class is one of the few ships that gets me hard enough to masturbate to it.

>The UK's continuous at sea nuclear deterrent has been operating non stop for fifty years this year. Say something nice about it!

Stop sinking Irish Trawlers and making the Irish sea radioactive

independent.ie/irish-news/royal-navy-nuclear-submarine-in-nearmiss-with-ferry-in-irish-sea-37735975.html

Royal Navy nuclear submarine in near-miss with ferry in Irish Sea

irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-trawler-dragged-by-suspected-submarine-1.2178382

Irish trawler dragged by suspected submarine

theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/07/mod-admits-british-submarine-dragged-fishing-trawler-through-irish-sea

MoD admits British submarine dragged fishing trawler through Irish Sea

This article is more than 3 years old
The Karen sustained significant damage after Royal Navy vessel snagged its fishing nets and pulled it backwards at speed of 10 knots

rte.ie/archives/2019/0221/1031935-submarines-a-threat-to-trawlers/

Fishermen’s representatives have said the danger to life presented by the presence of submarines in the area is enormous.

The Irish Sea has unfortunately been the setting for several incidents between Irish fishing boats and submarines. Last year the crew of a French trawler lost their lives when their boat mysteriously sank. It is believed that a submarine passed through the vessel’s nets, dragging the trawler down.

irishtimes.com/news/irish-sea-radioactivity-worse-than-at-nuclear-site-1.161463

Irish Sea radioactivity `worse than at nuclear site'

So thanks very much for doing what you do so badly that it endangers and kills fishermen, ferries and for the UKs nuclear deterrent and Sellafield for poisoning the Irish sea for a hundred thousand years with your vanity project trying to pretend you matter like the Americans

Sure autist