Is 45 ACP the most boomer/fudd caliber?

Attached: 559EC085-5AA9-4A9C-9909-635E3F5474DE.jpg (668x668, 180K)

>overprices your path

Attached: 17_HMR.jpg (220x165, 4K)

2 world wars

Yes. But it's still a good round with many feats and an incredible history.

What other handgun caliber has confirmed air to air kills? A confirmed kill in excess of 147 yards? And multiple instances of 6 or 7 one shot kills in a row?

Regards, 10mm poster

Attached: 1453988610580.jpg (245x279, 8K)

45 aarp is legitimately the most pleasant handgun cartridge i've ever shot. i've got brass older than myself that i constantly reload, and if i want to get some hyper ludicrous speed instant expansion RIP ANAL carry rounds I can shoot .45 super charged loads in my stock HK.

Attached: hk-45_tactical_06.jpg (1000x665, 843K)

Probably. But watch, 5.7 and 22tcm are going to be the new mainstream calibers and us 9mm guys will end up using the same arguments the 45 aarp boomers use once we get old

>147 yards

That fucker was lobbin the shit outta those rounds hahaha

>5.7 will be the new mainstream
Average FN owner cope

Dumb old fucks glorify it to high heavens, but I can't deny that it's overall adequate as a service pistol cartridge.
It's about as good as the other ones, ergo mediocre stoppers across the board, but decent enough to be worthwhile.

I like it better than .40S&W, which I think is kind of an awkward cartridge, but I can't say that .40S&W doesn't work.

You meme, but if any American cartridge won those wars, it's .30-06 Springfield, ergo the rifles and machineguns infantry used the most for fighting and killing with.

Yeah, the thing works.
I know someone is supposed to have shot down a fighter plane with a C96 pistol once, shot the pilot right in the forehead with that 7.63mm (so either that was a funny ricochet, or he stared the pilot straight in the eyes), and I'm kind of thinking balls of steel and good marksmanship is what lets you achieve that kind of thing.

I think 5.7mm will probably stay comfortably in its current niche for a long time.
People just want a little bit of mass for their pistol cartridges, I think.

>hot .22 will become the new mainstream
Jej

30-06 is the boomer rifle round equivilant to the .45
>one of the most powerful common hunting rounds
>still has some rounds better than it so it's not the top
>the perfect round
Also i dont have a pistol, but 10mm seems based

Yes, but it's also the most ballistically effective
>t. 9mmfag

I like the way a .45ACP develops the recoil when shooting, feels more like a heavy push than a snappy clap of 9mm.
Other than a range toy, for everything serious I would take 9x19.

Attached: www.rwm-depesche.de_Georg_Luger_Ehrengrab_2018.jpg (1024x576, 251K)

Yeah, you really gotta angle it like an artillery piece to hit that far out.
That someone fucking did that to a fucking plane up in the air is nothing short of astonishing, can you imagine basically fucking feeling out the leading and just estimating trajectory, since the sights won't help you there?

Must have been a real master pistolero.

He'll yea borthor

Nope, that'd be 45-70.

No, it’s the most effective self defense round. The main disadvantage of pistols chambered in .45 is that they have limited ammo capacity, but that doesn’t matter as much if you are dealing with typical self defense scenarios.

no, .22 is

He was trying to draw his squad's attention to a sniper and shot the fucker in the head by accident.

you shut your fucking mouth. .22 is excluded from any caliber shit talk.

No it's .357 Magnum

>muh stopping power
>muh one shot drop